Are You Bored In Your Marriage....?

You made the claim that you knew of people who divorced for what you consider "trivial" reasons. What are those trivial reasons? It's a simple question.

It is a simple question, but it's irrelevant to the discussion we were having.

No it is not irrelevant. The fact that you refuse to answer the simple questions says a ton. A trivial reason for you, may not be so trivial for another. That is the bottom line. Thankfully, people are not obligated to stay in a marriage that makes them unhappy people, and why should they? For someone else's sense of what is "moral" and what is "righteous?" Bullshit.

It isn't an irrelevant question if we look at it as a stand alone question. It's absolutely irrelevant to the discussion we were having. Do you want to have a separate discussion about my friend's divorces? Fine, but you asked it originally in response to our discussion and it wasn't relevant.

Actually, that discussion is off topic for this thread and you have already been warned by a mod to stay on topic. I would advise you do so.

Why don't you just admit that you don't really know what you speak of? No, people do not have to remain married to a person who makes them feel unhappy, regardless of whether of you think their personal reasons are "trivial."

Now you are just making stuff up. I never said any of that. What if leaving socks on the floor makes them unhappy?
Don't sweat it, dude. Chris is borderline retarded. She's only here because real people will not talk to her.

That doesn't answer my question though. Would you divorce her? Some would say that is a trivial reason and something you could learn to deal with. Right?

No I wouldn't divorce her, I'd have her Baker Acted.

Well you can't do that because of she is a liberal. Sorry. So, how about you answer the question? Are you going to work through this issue with her or are you filing for divorce?

I answered it. I said I wouldn't divorce her, I'd Baker Act her.

You can't do that. You might disagree with and not like her views, but you cannot have a person committed for such reasons. So that takes that right off the table. So what are you going to do now?

Yes I can and yes I would. I'm telling you that I wouldn't marry a woman who was a liberal. My wife is a conservative and I know her mind. For her to suddenly become a liberal would be a sign that there is something terribly wrong with her. You just don't shift your mind that radically. She's smart and informed and for her to suddenly become an ignorant left wing myrmidon would be a sign of mental imbalance.
Imagine being hooked up with some chick and she evolves into Chris. I would but a bullet in my head.

It is not besides the point. It is a claim you made. You said you have friends and family members who have divorced over "trivial" reasons, yet you cannot name these reasons. Hmm. I think perhaps you don't really know their reasons and cannot judge whether or they were "trivial." PEOPLE should not expect to remain married to a person who does not bring them joy and happiness. That is the bottom line.

You can't seem to grasp the point and I can't get you to understand. Let's move on.

You made the claim that you knew of people who divorced for what you consider "trivial" reasons. What are those trivial reasons? It's a simple question.

No it is not irrelevant. The fact that you refuse to answer the simple questions says a ton. A trivial reason for you, may not be so trivial for another. That is the bottom line. Thankfully, people are not obligated to stay in a marriage that makes them unhappy people, and why should they? For someone else's sense of what is "moral" and what is "righteous?" Bullshit.

Well, I'm done trying to get through to you.

Because you're wrong. Lol. Like I said, it is not up to you to determine whether or not another's reason for leaving a relationship is "trivial." What might be trivial to you, may not be trivial to someone else. Get it yet?

It isn't an irrelevant question if we look at it as a stand alone question. It's absolutely irrelevant to the discussion we were having. Do you want to have a separate discussion about my friend's divorces? Fine, but you asked it originally in response to our discussion and it wasn't relevant.

Actually, that discussion is off topic for this thread and you have already been warned by a mod to stay on topic. I would advise you do so.

Why don't you just admit that you don't really know what you speak of? No, people do not have to remain married to a person who makes them feel unhappy, regardless of whether of you think their personal reasons are "trivial."

Now you are just making stuff up. I never said any of that. What if leaving socks on the floor makes them unhappy?
Don't sweat it, dude. Chris is borderline retarded. She's only here because real people will not talk to her.

Borderline? Well you are fully retarded, and you make that clear every time you post. Now, do you have anything to add to this topic or just more trolling?

What am I making up? I said:
1. Admit that you really don't know what you speak of, regarding other people's relationships.
2. People do not have to remain married to a person who makes them unhappy regardless of what you think about their reasons for leaving.

Now, please explain what I have "made up."

No I wouldn't divorce her, I'd have her Baker Acted.

Well you can't do that because of she is a liberal. Sorry. So, how about you answer the question? Are you going to work through this issue with her or are you filing for divorce?

I answered it. I said I wouldn't divorce her, I'd Baker Act her.

You can't do that. You might disagree with and not like her views, but you cannot have a person committed for such reasons. So that takes that right off the table. So what are you going to do now?

Yes I can and yes I would. I'm telling you that I wouldn't marry a woman who was a liberal. My wife is a conservative and I know her mind. For her to suddenly become a liberal would be a sign that there is something terribly wrong with her. You just don't shift your mind that radically. She's smart and informed and for her to suddenly become an ignorant left wing myrmidon would be a sign of mental imbalance.
Imagine being hooked up with some chick and she evolves into Chris. I would but a bullet in my head.

Not something you have to be concerned about. You have a disease. Most women are not going to have anything to do with you. Not to mention, you are absolutely disgusting. I have standards.

I do think your stance is relevant. Why else would a marriage be torn apart by trivial matters if the partners are not bored. Of course there may be other factors but boredom is certainly one of them.

I know my stance is relevant but her question about my friends divorce wasn't.

You said that you KNEW their reasons for splitting up were "trivial." Now, what were those reasons that you consider to be "trivial"? It is completely relevant as I said earlier. Don't make claims that you can't back up then. Simple. :dunno:

You are pretty much admitting that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Now, Bonzi, if you are bored in your marriage and your husband doesn't pay attention to you, then I would suggest perhaps discussing that with him like an adult instead of running around on the internet trying to get attention (or whatever) from strange men that you know nothing about. :D Perhaps try talking with your husband to your preacher or a marriage counselor.

Good, then they can see Alex's and Ice Weasels personal attacks and completely irrelevant posts on the topic. :D Call a mod.

I don't ever call mods. I was just trying to save you from getting banned.

I'm not worried about it. Why would you be? You think I'm difficult and slightly retarded. I would think you would be happy for me to be banned. Lol.

Who leaves their spouse because they left socks on the floor? Are you being serious?

I once read an article written by a woman who was contemplating leaving her husband because after he went cycling, we peeled off his clothes and left them on the floor.

But she lived in Toronto, and you know how those people are.

This is nothing but partisan hackmanship. How about you try answering the question honestly? People have certainly been known to "switch sides."

Umm, are you saying I'm lying?

No, I'm saying that you are avoiding answering the question in an honest way. That much is quite obvious. Someone else might think the example I gave, of your wife turning more liberal, would be a "trivial" reason and that you should remain married.

Yeah you are saying that but I'm not lying and I did answer your question.

I didn't say you were "lying." I said you are being dishonest in making a statement that you knew something about something but refusing to say what it is you know. That is completely idiotic.

It is not besides the point. It is a claim you made. You said you have friends and family members who have divorced over "trivial" reasons, yet you cannot name these reasons. Hmm. I think perhaps you don't really know their reasons and cannot judge whether or they were "trivial." PEOPLE should not expect to remain married to a person who does not bring them joy and happiness. That is the bottom line.

You can't seem to grasp the point and I can't get you to understand. Let's move on.

Well, I'm done trying to get through to you.

Get through to me about WHAT? Lol. Okay, okay. Let's straighten this out. I said that I think people divorce because they jump into a marriage before they are ready to make such a commitment or because they married a person they didn't really know very well and discovered they didn't really like that person or they were just not compatible, whether that be in the bedroom and/or elsewhere in the relationship.

You disagreed with me and said that you thought it was more due to people splitting up for reasons that are "trivial" and that you actually know people who did split up for "trivial" reasons. I asked you what are those reasons that you consider "trivial" and you refuse to tell me. *sigh* How can you have a discussion with such an uncooperative person?

You have to understand and accept that there will be bordom. It WILL happen and its normal.

I hate to give advice to newly weds but when pressed I tell them this:

You are promising to love one person forever. Realize that a LOT of changes will occur in "the rest of your lives". You cannot avoid it, you cannot stop it. The one thing that won't change is who you are deep inside.

Boredom will come when you both have told all of your stories, when you have kids and other responsibilities and you just want some peace and quiet but your spouse needs some excitement. You can only deal with these situations when you realize that they are inevitable and temporary.

But you can always have Yahtzee!

You have work to keep the boredom away.... you need at least one person to do the work. 2 lazy people who want to be entertained won't work.

So are you the lazy person or the worker?

In my current relationship, I'm the worker (but he does too sometimes!) - in the past, I was NEVER the worker! It was every fun or done!

[QUOTE="Iron Head, post: 12629790, member: 55849"]Imagine being hooked up with some chick and she evolves into Chris. I would but a bullet in my head.[/QUOTE]
Ewww!!!!

Forum List

Back