Are You Going to Hell?

Yes, one of us thinks there is an invisible man in the sky who is going to punish her for thinking bad thoughts.
No. One of us thinks that the other believes she is going to be punished for bad thoughts. You missed by miles. Anyone who thinks he can read the thoughts of another over the internet has much bigger problems than if he were to believe in invisible men populating the sky.

You are being disingenous again... the whole "Bad thoughts' is a major part of Catholic Doctrine. The whole "Sinning in your heart" bit, get yourself off to confession to tell Fr. McCreepy your deepest thoughts.

It's all part of the mind control...
There is a practical aspect though as thoughts do lead to deeds. As a rule we typically don’t do things without thinking about it first.

For instance you think about your perception of the Catholic faith because every single perception you have is negative. So you have consciously decided to see it in the worst possible light.

No it doesn't. In fact, the opposite. It indicates an understanding of logic and empiricism, and the ability to differentiate between specious, magical beliefs and evidence based determinations. Your magical beliefs cloud your mind...you really, really think they are "special", and that is the sole source of your objection to the word "magical".
Once again, moving on. When you rise to the level of understanding philosophy, perhaps we can have a true discussion. I'm not interested in beginning at the Disney level.

May I suggest you have a closer look at the core of your twisted theology?
I have been engaged for a long time at a very close look at theology. That is why I could not recognize what you posted. It sounds like it comes from someone who has picked up a lot of biased hearsay. You know, kind of like how King James makes it sound like Isaiah is speaking of Jesus when actuality Isaiah was using the suffering servant as a metaphor for Israel and its people.

Most of my faith say they vote Democrat. Sorry the Democrat vote is making your life such a misery. I recommend reading more of the Bronze Age culture. A lot of wisdom there, perhaps because they were never in the rush we are in today.

Are you kidding me? One of my great fantasies is to lock bible nuts in a place with bible technology and bible law, including the barbaric punishments. It was an awful time to live.. which is why they were generally such awful people.

You should have paid better attention in religion class. Sin is an action. We watch our thoughts so that they do not lead to sinful actions. Confession is actual sins, ending with the assurance they are forgiven.

The nuns were pretty clear... it was sin if you looked at little Sally the wrong way when you noticed she was growing breasts.

But hey, what do you expect from anyone raised from an early age to worship a God who tortures his own son who stangley is invariably pictured almost naked on the cross? Suffer little children to come unto me?
Which religion is this? It is distorted to the point that it is unrecognizable.
May I suggest you have a closer look at the core of your twisted theology?
Here it is.

Catechism of the Catholic Church

What's wrong with it? Make sure to quote it verbatim so your concerns can be addressed.

When you rise to the level of understanding philosophy, perhaps we can have a true discussion.

You mean, you are such a bad philosopher that you tuck tail and retreat at the first sight of an argument that seems the least bit challenging. Religion is perfect for you...no arguments, just divined, authoritative horseshit....

Are you kidding me? One of my great fantasies is to lock bible nuts in a place with bible technology and bible law, including the barbaric punishments. It was an awful time to live.. which is why they were generally such awful people.
Have you studied Jewish history?

There is a practical aspect though as thoughts do lead to deeds. As a rule we typically don’t do things without thinking about it first.

For instance you think about your perception of the Catholic faith because every single perception you have is negative. So you have consciously decided to see it in the worst possible light.

again-

Crusades
WItch BUrnings
Torturing Heretics
Sectarian Wars
Molesting Altar Boys
Collaborating with the Nazis and Fascists
Suppressing Science
The Fucking Dark Ages.
Magdalene Houses

"oh, oh, but there's Mother Theresa"..

Up. Yeah. Self Aggrandizing Fraud who let people die on the floor of her filthy hospital while she flew off the to Mayor Clinic.

You mean, you are such a bad philosopher that you tuck tail and retreat at the first sight of an argument that seems the least bit challenging.
I mean anything that cannot rise to the level of philosophy isn't worth my time because your "argument" isn't even challenging enough to be worthy of the name. When I have to start by explaining the difference between "magic" and "philosophy" I pass. Once you graduate into philosophical discussions you may invoke an interest. Right now I'm just not interested in starting with magic, invisible men, etc.

again-

Crusades
WItch BUrnings
Torturing Heretics
Sectarian Wars
Molesting Altar Boys
Suppressing Science
The Fucking Dark Ages.
Magdalene Houses

Up. Yeah. Self Aggrandizing Fraud who let people die on the floor of her filthy hospital while she flew off the to Mayor Clinic.
Joey, you are proving my point. Every single perception you have is negative. So you have consciously decided to see it in the worst possible light. Thought followed by deed.

Nothing is all bad or all good, Joey.

Joey, you are proving my point. Every single perception you have is negative. So you have consciously decided to see it in the worst possible light. Thought followed by deed.

Isn't that kind of like saying, "Hitler loved Dogs, so he wasn't all bad. And the Autobahn. That was kind of neat."

again-

Crusades
WItch BUrnings
Torturing Heretics
Sectarian Wars
Molesting Altar Boys
Suppressing Science
The Fucking Dark Ages.
Magdalene Houses

Ahh, those colloquial tidbits of coma induced wisdom.

You may be right, though. While the Catholic Church managed a child abuse syndicate for decades, the leadership wasn’t all bad. At least they shuffled the paedophile priests around a bit to spread the love.

When I have to start by explaining the difference between "magic" and "philosophy"
You didn't even try. And your hints show you have no idea what you are talking about, anyway. Philosophy is a method. A belief is an assertion. There, now you know the difference, and you're welcome.

And faith is nothing but magical belief. That includes your faith

Forum List

Back