🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Armed Citizen Holds Burglar At Gunpoint!

And your clinging to that 200 number is still laughable. Unless you are maintaining that the only defensive uses of firearms result in a death, the figure is largely meaningless.

If it didn't result in a death, we really don't know what the actual circumstances are. We don't even know if there was really a bad guy out there when your gun made you feel better about your tiny wang.

It might have just been a raccoon.

Once more with your obsession with my penis. Kinda sick there, sparky.

And no, the number you use only addresses the number of people killed. It does not address the DGUs.

Joe..if you weren't such a jerk I would feel bad for all the people posting facts that prove you wrong...it would be like kicking a puppy...but you aren't a puppy....you are kind of a jerk...If you changed your attitude....we would change ours....

Guy, here's the diffrence.

You and your compatriots think that it's okay for Adam Lanza or Joker Holmes to shoot up a bunch of kids because you piss yourself at the thought of a scary criminal who never shows up.

I don't.

Gun control works just fine in every other industrialized democracy. America is the one with a murder lobby.

No, it does not work just fine. There are countries with complete gun bans who have higher murder rates than those with guns. There are countries with very strict gun laws that have had much higher murder rates than we have.

Now, if you get to cherry-pick your numbers, ignore other social factors, and start with bogus numbers concerning the US, you can lie your way into the position you have stated.

And does this effect how the FBI tracks murders? No, it does not. Once again you try and blame a source and then expect everyone to accept your sources when they are obviously biased and suspect.

You cherry pick just as much as I do.

The difference is, 11,500 or 9201, BOTH NUMBERS ARE UNACCEPTABLY HIGH!!!!

Indeed they are. I have never stated any differently. But at least my numbers are accurate. And show a steady decline in violent crimes.

Guns are in about half the households in the US so your majority only exists in your demented mind. I'm prepped for assholes, not zombies. Take your meds.
Yes, we know you are quaking in fear, all the time, and the gun makes you feel better.
The bottom line is, since you haven't figured it out yet, no one really gives a fuck what you think.

Fuck the 19k+ suicides. and fuck the gang banger on gang banger shootings.

After those two are gone, you have far less deaths due to guns.

or we just ban all guns, and no gun deaths. Easy-Peasy.

Fuck gun owners. You got to live with your tiny dick.

No gun deaths and an even higher murder rate. I am sure you would love that.

You get guns banned and you could say "See? Only a handful of gun murders!", while you ignore the fact that the violent crime rates went thru the roof. Why not? It is about the guns and not the actual victims.

Disarming Realities As Gun Sales Soar Gun Crimes Plummet - Forbes

According to DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. gun-related homicides dropped 39 percent over the course of 18 years, from 18,253 during 1993, to 11,101 in 2011. During the same period, non-fatal firearm crimes decreased even more, a whopping 69 percent. The majority of those declines in both categories occurred during the first 10 years of that time frame. Firearm homicides declined from 1993 to 1999, rose through 2006, and then declined again through 2011. Non-fatal firearm violence declined from 1993 through 2004, then fluctuated in the mid-to-late 2000s.

And where did the bad people who did the shooting get most of their guns? Were those gun show “loopholes” responsible? Nope. According to surveys DOJ conducted of state prison inmates during 2004 (the most recent year of data available), only two percent who owned a gun at the time of their offense bought it at either a gun show or flea market. About 10 percent said they purchased their gun from a retail shop or pawnshop, 37 percent obtained it from family or friends, and another 40 percent obtained it from an illegal source.

While firearm violence accounted for about 70 percent of all homicides between 1993 and 2011, guns were used in less than 10 percent of all non-fatal violent crimes. Between 70 percent and 80 percent of those firearm homicides involved a handgun, and 90 percent of non-fatal firearm victimizations were committed with a handgun. Males, blacks, and persons aged 18-24 had the highest firearm homicide rates.

The March Pew study, drawn from numbers obtained from the Bureau of Justice Statistics and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, also found a dramatic drop in gun crime over the past two decades. Their accounting shows a 49 percent decline in the homicide rate, and a 75 percent decline of non-fatal violent crime victimization. More than 8 in 10 gun homicide victims in 2010 were men and boys. Fifty-five percent of the homicide victims were black, far beyond their 13 percent share of the population.

Pew researchers observed that the huge amount of attention devoted to gun violence incidents in the media has caused most Americans to be unaware that gun crime is strikingly down” from 20 years ago. In fact, gun-related homicides in the late 2000s were “equal to those not seen since the early 1960s.” Yet their survey found that 56 percent believed gun-related crime is higher, 26 percent believed it stayed about the same, and 6 percent didn’t know. Only 12 percent of those polled thought it was lower.

easy peasy?....how are you going to go about doing this "easy" thing Joe?.....

Luxemburg does not allow private gun ownership at all. Yet they have a murder rate 9 time greater than Germany, and Germany allows some private gun ownership.

I'd be perfectly fine if we had gun control laws like Germany. Ones were you actually have to show you have a legitimate need for a gun.

For Luxembourg, Here are the numbers of Gun Homicides.

Guns in Luxembourg Firearms gun law and gun control

2009: 310
2008: 210 11
2007: 1
2006: 111
2005: 110
2003: 1
2002: 1

So essentially, after years of having one homicide a year, they had two years when that went up. Yup. Must be an epidemic of rampaging criminals.

Or Luxembourg is a small country with only only half a million people in it.

3 murders out of half a million people? That's actually pretty awesome.

So unless a gun is used, a homicide doesn't count? The point is that with guns banned the criminals resort to other weapons. Luxembourgs effective murder rate in 2008 was 2.47 per 100,000. And that is without allowing any privately owned guns. That is much, much higher than Germany's. And Germany allows guns, albeit tightly restricted. They have 30 guns per 100 people. (The US, as a reference, has 88 gun owners per 100 pop.)

Russia has a much higher murder rate that the US does. 4 times higher, despite the fact that they guns are strictly regulated.

Russia is a country which has effectively collapsed as a state. Is this really your best argument?

Was that the only country I mentioned?

And the recent economic downturn notwithstanding, Russia's murder rates are not new. They have been much higher than ours for years.

Guy, it's not a recent downturn. YOu did hear about the fall of the Berlin Wall, right? Collapse of the USSR? Did these things not get reported to you in Cleetusville?

And you are claiming that Russia has been a "collapsed state", unable to effectively run itself, since the fall of the Soviet Union??

The fact you actually believe that is both comical and sad, and makes anything else you post utterly meaningless.

easy peasy?....how are you going to go about doing this "easy" thing Joe?.....

BAN ALL GUNS = NO GUN CRIME.

There was an idiot that used to post that all the time on DU, maybe it was JoeBlow.

No, it does not work just fine. There are countries with complete gun bans who have higher murder rates than those with guns. There are countries with very strict gun laws that have had much higher murder rates than we have.

No, they don't. Nowhere near.

But the 2012 murder rate — 4.7 murders per 100,000 people — was significantly higher than in most other wealthy nations.

The comparable rate is 0.4 in Japan, 0.8 in Germany, 1.0 in Australia 1.1 in France and 1.2 in Britain, according to figures compiled by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development.

Among nations assessed by the Paris-based club of market economies, only Brazil, Estonia, Mexico and Russia had higher murder rates.

U.S. murder rate higher than nearly all other developed countries FBI data

No gun deaths and an even higher murder rate. I am sure you would love that.

You get guns banned and you could say "See? Only a handful of gun murders!", while you ignore the fact that the violent crime rates went thru the roof. Why not? It is about the guns and not the actual victims.

Except that doesn't happen. You ban guns, murder rates go down, because human beings are basically lazy and don't want to put effort into something.

So unless a gun is used, a homicide doesn't count? The point is that with guns banned the criminals resort to other weapons. Luxembourgs effective murder rate in 2008 was 2.47 per 100,000. And that is without allowing any privately owned guns. That is much, much higher than Germany's. And Germany allows guns, albeit tightly restricted. They have 30 guns per 100 people. (The US, as a reference, has 88 gun owners per 100 pop.)

Okay, here's that whopping NON-gun homicide rate in Luxembourg.

2011: 4
2010: 10
2009: 5
2008: 8
2007: 7

Wow, they went crazy in 2010 and had a whole ten people murdered. by comparison, the US had 16,000 homicides.

The NRA doesn't have to....the 19 studies do that.....and they are not connected to the NRA...however, a couple of these studies have come from liberal, anti gun administrations....and their numbers match the other studies....

Guy, they're horseshit numbers, based on bad statistics.

Sorry, I know you need to believe your penis surrogate makes you tough, but it really just creates a hazard in your home.

LOL. I've owned a gun since I was twelve. There have always been guns in my home since my birth to the present time. I've hurt myself by stubbing my toe on a furniture leg or a pair of nail clippers several times but my guns have NEVER created a "hazard."

Wait ... I hear something. It sounds like wind whistling through your ears!!

According to DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. gun-related homicides dropped 39 percent over the course of 18 years, from 18,253 during 1993, to 11,101 in 2011. During the same period, non-fatal firearm crimes decreased even more, a whopping 69 percent. The majority of those declines in both categories occurred during the first 10 years of that time frame. Firearm homicides declined from 1993 to 1999, rose through 2006, and then declined again through 2011. Non-fatal firearm violence declined from 1993 through 2004, then fluctuated in the mid-to-late 2000s.

That doesn't mean anything other than the country is getting demagraphically older.

11,101 murders is still too fucking many.

I should also point out that if you want to use 1993 as a starting point, what happened in 1993?

Oh, that's right. Over the screaming of the NRA, they finally passed the Brady Bill.

LOL. I've owned a gun since I was twelve. There have always been guns in my home since my birth to the present time. I've hurt myself by stubbing my toe on a furniture leg or a pair of nail clippers several times but my guns have NEVER created a "hazard."

Wait ... I hear something. It sounds like wind whistling through your ears!!

Statistically, a gun in your home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

Forum List

Back