🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Armed Citizen Holds Burglar At Gunpoint!

Sorry, not true....Britain has a higher violent crime rate than we do....

No, it isn't.

They just count violent crimes differently than we do. They count every assault, we only count assaults that end up in injury. They also have a pretty loose standard for rape.

Oh, the important one. They had 48 gun murders to our 11,500.

Russia has a much higher murder rate that the US does. 4 times higher, despite the fact that they guns are strictly regulated.

Luxemburg does not allow private gun ownership at all. Yet they have a murder rate 9 time greater than Germany, and Germany allows some private gun ownership.

You support the ability for a criminal who is bigger than the woman to rape her at will because she can't defend herself. You support the ability for a criminal to break into a home and rob and murder the old people who live their because they can't defend themselves. Face it, you support rape and murder.

NO, I j ust don't believe in selling people false solutions.

Again- only 200 cases of justifiable homicide vs. 8900 to 11,500 cases of homicide with guns.

Most women who are victims of rape know their attackers. same with most victims of murder.

And your clinging to that 200 number is still laughable. Unless you are maintaining that the only defensive uses of firearms result in a death, the figure is largely meaningless.

I've never known anyone who was murdered....I guess that never happens......or beaten up....or stabbed......why do people make up those stories then....since it is obvious those things have never happened.....?

I didn't know anyone who stalin, mao or hitler killed....I guess they never really killed anyone then......
If there were 2.5 million murders a year you would certainly know someone who was murdered. See the difference?

I think there is a bit more trauma and lasting damage in a murder than in stopping a crime, wouldn't you say?
I would indeed but without 2.5 million reports to police about guns used to stop a crime, it`s a crock.
this just happened in the Anaheim Hills were burglary is pretty rare....lots of gun owners up there....and many are Liberals/Democrats....
http://abc7.com/news/christmas-burglar-shot-by-anaheim-hills-homeowner/450486/

Joe..if you weren't such a jerk I would feel bad for all the people posting facts that prove you wrong...it would be like kicking a puppy...but you aren't a puppy....you are kind of a jerk...If you changed your attitude....we would change ours....

And just for Joe....research into guns is not blocked by the NRA.....

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/Did_Federal_Fund_Cuts_Really_Stop_Gun_Control_Research_Final.pdf

A couple of things are clear. Since the restrictions on federally funded research in 1997 and 2012 appropriation bills went into effect, research on gun control did not decline, let alone disappear as frequently alleged. Federal funding declined, but research either remained constant or even increased. Since the additional funding restrictions in 2011, there has been a substantial increase in firearms research, an increase that couldn’t have yet been affected by the changes in federal funding initiated last year.

YES! You support the ability of criminals to rape and murder AT WILL! Here in the USA where people can own firearms the rate of "hot" burglaries is 15% (that's where the criminal knows the residents are home but comes in anyway, thus making them far more dangerous), in Australia it is 85%. However, before the gun ban in Australia...it was 15%. SEE JOE! You really do hope that old people and women get raped and murdered! Everything you preach is all about helping the criminal!

yeah, guy, Australia has a really low crime rate compared to us.

Frankly, you need to pissing yourself at the thought of a crook breaking into your house.
they also only have 23 million people with most of them being on the same page.....my State has way more people....

Joe....go to the Australia forum here at U.S. message...they had an entire thread devoted to the rape epidemic in Australia....because their women can't use guns to stop the rapes.....

Is that why you don't want women to have guns.......?

1. Rape and Violence: Should Australia be ashamed?

Yep. Disarm the women so they can be raped easier. That's the goal.

Just one more good reason for the 2nd Amendment and a person's right to "conceal carry" laws. One point for the good guys and a penalty for the bad guys:

"Armed Citizen Holds Airport Burglar at Gunpoint for Police"
face-down-in-the-dirt.jpg

"When Lacock tapped his pistol on the glass to get the crook’s attention, he nervously flung a box of peppermint patties into the air. He then followed orders as Lacock remained outside, stepped to a large opening left by broken glass, and ordered him to lie on the floor. While awaiting police, the manager took a photo."
Armed Citizen Holds Airport Burglar at Gunpoint for Police

Would he have shot the guy if he did not follow orders?

Joe....again....you should applaud the restraint shown by people who own guns....in a moment of extreme stress, where their life or the life of their loved ones is in danger of death or serious harm....they are in control to the point where they are only forced to kill 200 of these assholes...the rest they scare off, injure without killing, or they hold them for police......

actually, I don't. Gun owners kill 32,000 people a year, and injure another 78,000. the cost to the country is close to 100 billion in lost productivity and medical costs.

Your figure of 32,000 is suspect again. I think you used the figure of 19,500 suicides. The number of murders with guns in the last 5 or 6 years has been under 10,000, with an average number (2007-2012) of 9,200. That comes to 28,700. How did the other 3,000 people die from guns?

Of course you don't want the whole story told....because it shows how much an idiot she is and you are for reporting her story as an anti gun story....

He beat her to partial conciousness...and could have simply killed her with his hands......then he stabbed her in the chest....and could have finished her off with the knife......and then......and only then....did he go and retrieve the gun and shoot her....

Point was, the gun didn't do her jack-diddly good, then.

No it didn't. Simply owning it and storing it where others can access it but you don't have it handy means you cannot use it.

You can't fix stupid.

For those interested in the real story of Christy Martin....and why guns had nothing to do with her almost being killed by her violent husband of 20 years....

Damn her, for pointing out the NRA lied to her telling her a gun would make her safer.

Man, that really ticks you off when the lie is exposed, isn't it.

Guns don't make you safe. They increase your risk.

Your figure of 32,000 is suspect again. I think you used the figure of 19,500 suicides. The number of murders with guns in the last 5 or 6 years has been under 10,000, with an average number (2007-2012) of 9,200. That comes to 28,700. How did the other 3,000 people die from guns?

Actually, the average is 11,500 murders. Any other number is bullshit. Done.

No it didn't. Simply owning it and storing it where others can access it but you don't have it handy means you cannot use it.

You can't fix stupid.

You're right. You can't fix stupid. You can fix the stupid gun laws that allow people who aren't trained experts wiht a real need to have them.

So from the angry husband to the freak who thinks he's the Joker, these are people who shouldn't have guns and shouldn't have access to guns.

Ahhh, but you see dummy. I don't want to hurt anyone. I've actually been in a shootout with bandits in Morocco and managed to scare them away without hitting one of them. That required some very fancy shooting on my part, but ensured that they wouldn't have a vendetta going against us which would have made our work more costly. They would have definitely raped the woman who was working for us though. Of that there is no doubt, she was a beautiful young thing.

Shootout in Morrocco? Are you sure you aren't confusing your life with an Indiana Jones movie?

And the sad thing Joe....when the next mass shooting does happen in Australia...odds are good that it will be really, really bad....just like Norway...or South Korea....the places of the worst mass shootings in history....

Why will it be so bad...because no one but the police will be able to stop the killer....because the country is a gun free zone for law abiding citizens.....

The thing is, the next mass shooting in America is probably going to be worse.

The thing is, we won't have to wait as long.

We have a pretty bad mass shooting in this country about once a year. Aurora, Sandy Hook, the Sihk Temple in Wisconsin, places where despite having 300 million guns, that "Good guy with a gun" never materialized.

Australia hasn't had one since 1996.

I'm good with that.

Bullshit. You wanted it to be 11,500 and called it that. The actual average of the years 2007-2012 is 9,201.

And the FBI keeps very accurate numbers. To claim that an anti-gun nutter groups keeps better and more accurate records than the US Justice dept is ridiculous.

11,500 is a number I've seen in a bunch of different sources.

The CDC puts the number at 11,068

FastStats - Homicide

So does this Washington Post article

Five myths about gun control - The Washington Post

So, no, it's probably as good of a number as the FBI's numbers. Again, keep in mind, the NRA works very hard to keep the government from actually studying this issue. It's bad for business.

And your clinging to that 200 number is still laughable. Unless you are maintaining that the only defensive uses of firearms result in a death, the figure is largely meaningless.

If it didn't result in a death, we really don't know what the actual circumstances are. We don't even know if there was really a bad guy out there when your gun made you feel better about your tiny wang.

It might have just been a raccoon.

Joe..if you weren't such a jerk I would feel bad for all the people posting facts that prove you wrong...it would be like kicking a puppy...but you aren't a puppy....you are kind of a jerk...If you changed your attitude....we would change ours....

Guy, here's the diffrence.

You and your compatriots think that it's okay for Adam Lanza or Joker Holmes to shoot up a bunch of kids because you piss yourself at the thought of a scary criminal who never shows up.

I don't.

Gun control works just fine in every other industrialized democracy. America is the one with a murder lobby.

Forum List

Back