Arrest Warrants Issued To People Who Cheered At High School Graduation

Maybe the punishment was a little harsh but nobody here even tried to understand why parents would be asked to hold applause and cheering. When a class of about 800 seniors are graduating, the procession must keep a certain pace and when idiots who don't want to follow instructions are screaming for their kid, it drowns out the announcement for the next kid which is given out exactly as the kid on stage is getting their diploma.......while their juvenile parents are braying like asses at the top of their lungs.

Christ, I feel like I'm the only adult on this thread full of infants whining that the grown ups are being mean for no reason. Grow the hell up!

Maybe the punishment was a little harsh but nobody here even tried to understand why parents would be asked to hold applause and cheering. When a class of about 800 seniors are graduating, the procession must keep a certain pace and when idiots who don't want to follow instructions are screaming for their kid, it drowns out the announcement for the next kid which is given out exactly as the kid on stage is getting their diploma.......while their juvenile parents are braying like asses at the top of their lungs.

Christ, I feel like I'm the only adult on this thread full of infants whining that the grown ups are being mean for no reason. Grow the hell up!
we don't agree on much, but you're absolutely right on this.

graduation is supposed to be a dignified event. if you can't respect all the graduates and act like you've been in public before - somewhere other than a strip club or demolition derby - you need to stay away and let the adults have their ceremony.

Cheering for HS graduation? Are you fucking kidding me? What's next, you're going to cheer when they spoon the soup in their mouths without getting any on the floor? If there are warrants, and it's hard to tell with stupid articles like these, they broke the law. Just because you think your shit don't stink doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.
Yeah why should a parent show pride for their child's accomplishment, right Comrade?

Nobody - not even the parents - is complaining about people being asked to leave if they cheer. The problem here is that a supervisor and presumably the city prosecutor think it's reasonable to charge them with a crime and issue a warrant for their arrest.

Graduations used to be deginified ceremonies. Times have changed!

Nobody - not even the parents - is complaining about people being asked to leave if they cheer. The problem here is that a supervisor and presumably the city prosecutor think it's reasonable to charge them with a crime and issue a warrant for their arrest.
So it's okay to disrupt the graduation by hooping and hollering if the person immediately leaves. Nice little loophole to use. They probably didn't want to sit through the rest of the graduation anyway.

graduation is supposed to be a dignified event. if you can't respect all the graduates and act like you've been in public before - somewhere other than a strip club or demolition derby - you need to stay away and let the adults have their ceremony.

I think the ceremony is supposed to be about the kids, not the adults.

Those 18 year old "kids" graduating high school, entering college, the military, and the work force- they aren't really kids anymore.

And if they can sit through everyone's name being read without making fools of themselves those "kids" are more adult than those in this story

Those 18 year old "kids" graduating high school, entering college, the military, and the work force- they aren't really kids anymore.

And if they can sit through everyone's name being read without making fools of themselves those "kids" are more adult than those in this story

Yes they are still kids. I don't see what's wrong with a little celebrating. I guess some people are anti-fun.

Yes they are still kids. I don't see what's wrong with a little celebrating. I guess some people are anti-fun.
Time and place. Celebrate after, the ceremony is neither the time nor the place. It's supposed to be dignified.

Would you have an "anything goes" policy in place because it's "fun?"

Time and place. Celebrate after, the ceremony is neither the time nor the place. It's supposed to be dignified.

From what I read in the OP, it didn't seem to be excessive.

From what I read in the OP, it didn't seem to be excessive.
the one sided article?

And thanks to the warrants it never will be excessive again.

Cheering for HS graduation? Are you fucking kidding me? What's next, you're going to cheer when they spoon the soup in their mouths without getting any on the floor? If there are warrants, and it's hard to tell with stupid articles like these, they broke the law. Just because you think your shit don't stink doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.
Yeah why should a parent show pride for their child's accomplishment, right Comrade?
Pride is one thing; disrupting the ceremony is another.

Unless you have witnessed it, and seen how a few groups that hoot and holler like idiots can drag out a graduation for an extra hour or more, it might seem like overkill to arrest a few.

Having been subjected to at least 25 HS graduations, I'd like to see a return to the whipping post for trash that can't act right in public.

Last edited:
Pride is one thing; disrupting the ceremony is another.

Unless you have witnessed it, and see how a few groups that hoot and holler like idiots can drag out a graduation for an extra hour or more, it might seem like overkill to arrest a few.

Having been subjected to at least 25 HS graduations, I'd like to see a return to the whipping post for trash that can't act right in public.
You`re right! Another thing to think about are the kids graduating who don`t have much in the way of family, for one reason or another, to cheer for them. Kids have feelings too.

The problem I have always seen at graduation is from the audience, not the graduates.

Seems the bigger the idiot graduating, the more friends and family there to hoot and holler and make the next grad have to sit there and wait.

I don't get it, these kids have already had "Kindergarten Graduation, probably an Elementary graduation and possibly a Jr. High graduation.

One thing for sure, I am glad I don't have to go to any more graduations!

Forum List

Back