Article 15

but but if they were in school for longer this wouldnt happen.

what fox shows is the kids dragging the dead young man into a building. what you missed (mercifully) is a gang of people beating him to death with 4x4's amid cheering and goofy yuk yuks
290 kids shot last year and 34 dead kids in chicago alone.

nothing new. its been going on for years

I guess I lead a sheltered life.

all cities have problems with gangs. they've also moved into the suburbs as well. look at Calif. their over run with gang warfare. that's one of many reasons residents are leaving there. they even have a website

Street Gangs Resource Center - Los Angeles and California | The Gang Experts | Bloods | Crips | Surenos | 18th Street | Mara Salvatrucha

the most feared and dangerous is the MS-13 which has spread nationwide. heavily armed and finaced from south america. and has murdered many Americans. hell they murder each other

[youtube]DTGNwSARj9A[/youtube]

Gang members beating up on an honor student kid is a sad metaphor for our current society; not only do we encourage mediocrity, we now enforce it.

MS 13 has made it all the way north into even Canada now. These people truly are fuckin' cockroaches.

My thoughts are with this young mans family. I couldn't imagine the rage I would have if that were one of my boys.

nothing new. its been going on for years

all cities have problems with gangs. they've also moved into the suburbs as well. look at Calif. their over run with gang warfare. that's one of many reasons residents are leaving there. they even have a website

Street Gangs Resource Center - Los Angeles and California | The Gang Experts | Bloods | Crips | Surenos | 18th Street | Mara Salvatrucha

the most feared and dangerous is the MS-13 which has spread nationwide. heavily armed and finaced from south america. and has murdered many Americans. hell they murder each other

You make that last sound like a bad thing.

MS 13 has made it all the way north into even Canada now. These people truly are fuckin' cockroaches.

My thoughts are with this young mans family. I couldn't imagine the rage I would have if that were one of my boys.

Yep! they murdered a man and both his son's in the streets of San Francisco. The sanctuary city that was using taxpayer funds to buy felons from El Salvador airplane tickets home. Gavin Newsome is a piece of shit too. and he may run for Gov.

Jesus christ is that Chicago or Iraq? :eusa_eh:

The home of your hero.

Funny I thought Obama stopped this when he was reaching out to the community? He had to fixed it to go from that to President. Chicago must be the safest city in American because Obama fixed it right. Just like he is going to fix America. YAY

I wonder if this could impact his bid for the Olympics.

I have to admit I didn't picture anything that bad. But this violence in the teen population is an epidemic in the US. I think Great Britain too. One dead and four others as good as dead. For what?

Nothing tangible to you or I.

Where I grew up it was common for kids from the same neighborhood to run together and occasionally fight with kids from other neighborhoods at house parties on weekends and such but it never approached "gang" level violence or complete pandomonium in the streets like we saw in that video.

It's because nobody gives them any respect. Haven't you heard?

I know someone who taught in the Chicago Public Schools. She told me she would pass kids that were failing because the parents would threaten her if she didn't. It really is a jungle out there, and for the ones who want to break out of it, it is not easy.

You make that last sound like a bad thing.

I imagine most big cities are pretty bad when it comes to gangs. Having lived in Chicago, I saw it first hand. When I moved to Denver, gangs were miniscule in comparison, and here in Toledo, they aren't that strong here either.

The bottom line is that none of this will ever change until men begin to act like fathers to their kids. In minority communities the problem is greatly exasperated as very few fathers are there for their kids. In the Black community it is the worst. How do we change this, or can we?

I have to admit I didn't picture anything that bad. But this violence in the teen population is an epidemic in the US. I think Great Britain too. One dead and four others as good as dead. For what?

Nothing tangible to you or I.

Where I grew up it was common for kids from the same neighborhood to run together and occasionally fight with kids from other neighborhoods at house parties on weekends and such but it never approached "gang" level violence or complete pandomonium in the streets like we saw in that video.

It's because nobody gives them any respect. Haven't you heard?

I know someone who taught in the Chicago Public Schools. She told me she would pass kids that were failing because the parents would threaten her if she didn't. It really is a jungle out there, and for the ones who want to break out of it, it is not easy.

According to the study, 30 percent of Chicago's public high school teachers felt pressured to raise students' grades during the past year, and 20 percent actually did so.

The survey of 1,200 teachers at all levels, a joint project of the Chicago Sun-Times and the Chicago Teachers Union, found that high school teachers reported feeling the pressure to raise students' grades twice as often as teachers at lower levels.

The teachers in the survey reported that they've been urged to boost students' grades for a wide variety of reasons, from ensuring an athlete's eligibility to keeping up a school's graduation count. They feel pressure from parents, fellow teachers, administrators and a more diffuse school or district "culture."

High School Connections: Chicago High School Teachers Report Pressure to Change Student Grades

I can't find the original article, but it said several reported that the grades were changed without their knowledge as well.

Forum List

Back