As predicted, Obamacare premiums MUCH HIGHER for men than women

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Even the mainstream rag Forbes admits it. Democrats have a war on men just like their war on children. To democrats only women, blacks and illegals count.

Double Down: Obamacare Will Increase Avg. Individual-Market Insurance Premiums By 99% For Men, 62% For Women - Forbes

9/25/2013

For months now, we’ve been waiting to hear how much Obamacare will drive up the cost of health insurance for people who purchase coverage on their own. Last night, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services finally began to provide some data on how Americans will fare on Obamacare’s federally-sponsored insurance exchanges. HHS’ press release is full of happy talk about how premiums will be “lower than originally expected.” But the reality is starkly different.

Based on a Manhattan Institute analysis of the HHS numbers, Obamacare will increase underlying insurance rates for younger men by an average of 97 to 99 percent, and for younger women by an average of 55 to 62 percent. Worst off is North Carolina, which will see individual-market rates triple for women, and quadruple for men.

734068_557498307648695_493608696_n.jpg

Avik Roy, the author of this opinion piece is anything but "mainstream". He was healthcare advisor to Romney in the last election. Ezra Klein basically destroys Avik Roy's arguements in the Washinton Post.

...premiums are now going to be the same for men and women.

I don't recall anybody bitching here when they were much higher for women than men.

Then you are ignorant. It's even against the law.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/19/h...pay-more-for-health-insurance-data-shows.html

I. Don't. Recall. Anyone. Here. Bitching. When. Premiums. Were. Much. Higher. For. Women. Than. For. Men.

Your response has not jack shit to do with my comment.

What about Gays, since they won't be having any kids, Gays should get a discount as they won't be a drag on the company's healthcare as a heterosexual would ............ having 3 teenage daughters needing papsmears and all that nonsense is expensive.

premiums are high cause that is what the insurance industry does, it bases the costs just as they determine life insurance premiums.
Men's are higher cause women kill men at an earlier age. lol

I don't recall anybody bitching here when they were much higher for women than men.
There shouldn't be. Women, especially in their child-bearing years, are far mores taxing on health resources.
in a woman's 25 years of ''child bearing'' she could have no children at all, like me, who is barren, or just 1 child in 25 years....BIG DEAL...verses the man at higher risk of getting in a car accident, the man at higher risk of getting hurt in athletic sports, the man at higher risk of heart attack, the man at higher risk of injury doing extreme sports etc etc etc etc etc.....

It's all a wash....

Forum List

Back