As predicted - Study shows Seattle $15 min wage result is less hours and 5000 less jobs

Pay fellow Americans a living wage, and they won't need to rely on Government for help.
$7 per hour is a "living wage". And if raising the minimum wage actually helps as you think it does - why has it been raised 9x's in my lifetime?

Because - as the study shows - it hurts people. It doesn't help. Stop ignoring the facts simply because you don't like them.

We'll see. My prediction is, Seattle's gonna do just fine. In fact, i predict many other American communities are gonna follow its lead. It's a bold move Seattle's made. I give it big props. They're real Americans out there.

Seattle has the right idea. It's raised it incrementally. It's actually at $13 right now. It will eventually get to $15. The sky is not falling. This 'study' is just typical usual suspect fear mongering B.S.

Seattle is treating fellow Americans humanely. The entire nation should follow its lead. I mean, what's the point of celebrating being the wealthiest nation on earth, if only a tiny portion of the population can celebrate it? We can do much better. We can treat our fellow Americans better.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

lol. Social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour, anyway.

Seattle has the right idea. It's raised it incrementally. It's actually at $13 right now. It will eventually get to $15. The sky is not falling. This 'study' is just typical usual suspect fear mongering B.S.

Seattle is treating fellow Americans humanely. The entire nation should follow its lead. I mean, what's the point of celebrating being the wealthiest nation on earth, if only a tiny portion of the population can celebrate it? We can do much better. We can treat our fellow Americans better.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

It'll pay off in the end. Less folks on Welfare is a good thing. It's a big plus for Taxpayers. Pay em more, and they won't need to rely on Government to help them. And at the same time, they'll have disposable income to put back into the economy.

So, paying our fellow Americans a decent wage is not only humane and just, it's also a wise investment towards lessening folks' reliance on Government. It's a Win-Win proposition.

How fucking retarded are you?

They are still poor...

The right wing has nothing but repeal, not any form of bonus.

Pay fellow Americans a living wage, and they won't need to rely on Government for help.
$7 per hour is a "living wage". And if raising the minimum wage actually helps as you think it does - why has it been raised 9x's in my lifetime?

Because - as the study shows - it hurts people. It doesn't help. Stop ignoring the facts simply because you don't like them.
No studies show having more income, "hurts people". You are Only special pleading about the unemployed. The left has a solution, the right doesn't like it, because the poor may benefit.

No studies show having more income, "hurts people". You are Only special pleading about the unemployed. The left has a solution, the right doesn't like it, because the poor may benefit.

Thats what this op is all about dotk.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

It'll pay off in the end. Less folks on Welfare is a good thing. It's a big plus for Taxpayers. Pay em more, and they won't need to rely on Government to help them. And at the same time, they'll have disposable income to put back into the economy.

So, paying our fellow Americans a decent wage is not only humane and just, it's also a wise investment towards lessening folks' reliance on Government. It's a Win-Win proposition.

They are still poor...

Most Republicans allow their greed to consume them. And that's too bad. But we as a great nation, need to find a way to keep wages increasing alongside the continuous increasing of the cost of living. We're not doing that at this point, and haven't for a long time. It's pretty much a given, Landlords aren't gonna be lowering rents anytime soon. So American Workers' wages need to increase. The wealthiest nation on earth can and should do that.

$15 is a good start but still pretty low. For cities like NYC, San Fran and LA the minimum should be $18 for a person to have a decent living.

Yeah, i know the usual suspects are freaking out over it, but $15 an hr isn't much in today's America. Costs continue to rise, from rents, to gas, to food. Unfortunately, the pay hasn't risen to meet the always rising cost of living.

Minimum Wage should be at least $10-12 an hr. And even at that, folks will struggle to get to by. Very few can live on $10 an hr. Seattle took a bold step. It's helping less fortunate fellow Americans. They're true Americans out there.

You do know half of working America makes $15 or less right? And only around 3% make minimum wage.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

They are still poor...

Most Republicans allow their greed to consume them. And that's too bad. But we as a great nation, need to find a way to keep wages increasing alongside the continuous increasing of the cost of living. We're not doing that at this point, and haven't for a long time. It's pretty much a given, Landlords aren't gonna be lowering rents anytime soon. So American Workers' wages need to increase. The wealthiest nation on earth can and should do that.

The cost of living rises because idiots like you keep voting for Democrats.

$15 is a good start but still pretty low. For cities like NYC, San Fran and LA the minimum should be $18 for a person to have a decent living.

Yeah, i know the usual suspects are freaking out over it, but $15 an hr isn't much in today's America. Costs continue to rise, from rents, to gas, to food. Unfortunately, the pay hasn't risen to meet the always rising cost of living.

Minimum Wage should be at least $10-12 an hr. And even at that, folks will struggle to get to by. Very few can live on $10 an hr. Seattle took a bold step. It's helping less fortunate fellow Americans. They're true Americans out there.

You do know half of working America makes $15 or less right? And only around 3% make minimum wage.

Wages need to keep up with the constantly rising cost of living. That's not happening at this point. And like i said, $15 an hr isn't all that in today's America.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

They are still poor...

I don't see Landlords lowering rents anytime soon. In fact, rents will only continue to skyrocket. So it's vital American Worker pay rises to keep up. Your solution of just letting fellow Americans go homeless and starve, doesn't fly with me. We're a great and wealthy nation. We can do better helping our fellow Americans.

Wages need to keep up with the constantly rising cost of living. That's not happening at this point. And like i said, $15 an hr isn't all that in today's America.

Once again you miss the point where I said over 50% of Americans make $15 or less?

Are the ones making $15 today going to get a $7 dollar raise to keep up? No...what do you think just the cost of a big Mac. Will cost more?

You act like 80 % of the companies are owned by big business...it's the opposite

They are still poor...

I don't see Landlords lowering rents anytime soon. In fact, rents will only continue to skyrocket. So it's vital American Worker pay rises to keep up. Your solution of just letting fellow Americans go homeless and starve, doesn't fly with me. We're a great and wealthy nation. We can do better helping our fellow Americans.

Yea you voting for Democrats = more taxes = higher rents ..

Hell I know people that owned their own home in Chicago that had to move because they couldn't afford the taxes that the Democrats caused.

We'll see. My prediction is, Seattle's gonna do just fine. In fact, i predict many other American communities are gonna follow its lead. It's a bold move Seattle's made. I give it big props. They're real Americans out there.

Once again Maine lowered the minimum wage after raising it.

Thats what this op is all about dotk.

Higher paid labor means capital must seek gains from efficiency.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

They are still poor...

I think the right wing is just, clueless and Causeless, as is customary and habitual for them, until it is indistinguishable from morals.

Higher paid labor means capital must seek gains from efficiency.

The right wing needs First World excuses now, not Third World excuses, in modern times.

America has near record 5.8 million job openings

Labor needs public policy that fills those positions, not reduction in social benefits.

They are still poor...

Hell I know people that owned their own home in Chicago that had to move because they couldn't afford the taxes that the Democrats caused.

Regardless, wages aren't keeping pace with a constantly rising cost of living. Rents alone are crazy. I just don't see Landlords deciding to lower rents anytime soon. So American Workers need to make higher wages. It is what it is.

Minimum Wage has been raised in the past. And the sky has never fallen.
Really? Tell that to Detroit. Once a thriving city, it now mirrors a third-world shit-hole that was forced to file bankruptcy. The buildings are dilapidated, law enforcement doesn't respond to 911 calls, equipment doesn't work, people are out of jobs, etc.

No matter how long you continue to ignore reality, it doesn't stop it from being reality.

Regardless, wages aren't keeping pace with a constantly rising cost of living. Rents alone are crazy. I just don't see Landlords deciding to lower rents anytime soon. So American Workers need to make higher wages. It is what it is.

Rents go up when Real Estate go up. Landlords pay their loans for their properties with rent. If real estate costs more, loan payments cost more, and rents go up.

It's also based on demand. Rent in San Francisco is going to be higher than in the middle of west Texas.

Simply raising the minimum wage is not going to supplant rent increases. Less than 1% of full time workers earn the Federal minimum wage.

Characteristics of minimum wage workers, 2016 : BLS Reports: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Characteristics of minimum wage workers, 2016

In 2016, 79.9 million workers age 16 and older in the United States were paid at hourly rates, representing 58.7 percent of all wage and salary workers. Among those paid by the hour, 701,000 workers earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 1.5 million had wages below the federal minimum. Together, these 2.2 million workers with wages at or below the federal minimum made up 2.7 percent of all hourly paid workers.

Forum List

Back