As predicted - Study shows Seattle $15 min wage result is less hours and 5000 less jobs

Most cities in the country have democratic mayors, yet they are doing just fine.
How many cities had 65 years straight of Dumbocrat mayors and Dumbocrat city council control?
Your arguments are all quite pathetic.
Your arguments are far worse than pathetic. "The Pontiac Aztek collapsed the city of Detroit" :lmao:

Probably quite a few of them.

Only if you ignore the importance of the auto industry to Detroit. But only an idiot would do that.

And, not surprisingly, no one can justify this outrageous flaw in the study.

The study also shows that those minimum wage jobs were replaced with higher-paying jobs.

Seattle's unemployment is nearly a full point lower in 2017 than it was in 2015 when the MW hike first took effect.

Here's me, searching your post in vain for evidence of your blank assertions.

sbr061317dAPR20170613124524.jpg

Raising wages reduces low wage jobs.

This and other headlines from the Department of Obvious.

So why are Conservatives supporting low-paying jobs anyway?

Gosh, you forgot AGAIN to add the links to your proof of your assertion. Oh, that's okay, I'll just take your word for it, because OBVIOUSLY, you're a genius whose every word is brilliance.

. . . Or not. Stating opinion as fact with no proof is just another way of saying, "Fucktard here. Ignore me."

There's an interesting aspect to the RW argument against the minimum wage and that is that they try to blame other low wage workers for any job loss, real or imagined, that might occur if we raise the minimum wage.

You gotta let go of the hate & greed. It's isn't good for you both physically and spiritually. Pay fellow Americans a decent living wage. If you can't or won't do that, you probably shouldn't be in business.
Again, chief, start a business and pay everyone a minimum of $15 per hour. What is so hard about that? Get off of the sidelines and get into the game already.
Ever heard of Gravity Payments?

Seattle has the right idea. It's raised it incrementally. It's actually at $13 right now. It will eventually get to $15. The sky is not falling. This 'study' is just typical usual suspect fear mongering B.S.

Seattle is treating fellow Americans humanely. The entire nation should follow its lead. I mean, what's the point of celebrating being the wealthiest nation on earth, if only a tiny portion of the population can celebrate it? We can do much better. We can treat our fellow Americans better.

Seattle has the right idea. It's raised it incrementally. It's actually at $13 right now. It will eventually get to $15. The sky is not falling. This 'study' is just typical usual suspect fear mongering B.S.

Seattle is treating fellow Americans humanely. The entire nation should follow its lead. I mean, what's the point of celebrating being the wealthiest nation on earth, if only a tiny portion of the population can celebrate it? We can do much better. We can treat our fellow Americans better.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

There's an interesting aspect to the RW argument against the minimum wage and that is that they try to blame other low wage workers for any job loss, real or imagined, that might occur if we raise the minimum wage.

For what?

Trickle up poor nim rod.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

It'll pay off in the end. Less folks on Welfare is a good thing. It's a big plus for Taxpayers. Pay em more, and they won't need to rely on Government to help them. And at the same time, they'll have disposable income to put back into the economy.

So, paying our fellow Americans a decent wage is not only humane and just, it's also a wise investment towards lessening folks' reliance on Government. It's a Win-Win proposition.

Snowflakes must sleep through their economics classes.

If there is a forced wage increase without a commensurate increase in revenue, jobs and/or hours will be cut.

Here you go, snowflakes, from your bible.

How a Rising Minimum Wage Affects Jobs in Seattle
the cost of

If there is a forced wage increase without a commensurate increase in revenue, jobs and/or hours will be cut.

It's getting out of hand , I can buy a package of hamburger, buns for less than than a meal at McDucks.I can eat for three days for the cost of a single combo meal. WHO are we helping HERE? I won't be eating at any restaurants any more .

the cost of

It's getting out of hand , I can buy a package of hamburger, buns for less than than a meal at McDucks.I can eat for three days for the cost of a single combo meal. WHO are we helping HERE? I won't be eating at any restaurants any more .

Think of it as helping your less fortunate fellow Americans. You may pay a little more for that combo meal, but it's worth it in the end. More folks making a decent living, is a good thing for all of us.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

Trickle up poor nim rod.

It'll pay off in the end. Less folks on Welfare is a good thing. It's a big plus for Taxpayers. Pay em more, and they won't need to rely on Government to help them. And at the same time, they'll have disposable income to put back into the economy.

So, paying our fellow Americans a decent wage is not only humane and just, it's also a wise investment towards lessening folks' reliance on Government. It's a Win-Win proposition.

How fucking retarded are you?

They are still poor...

the cost of

Think of it as helping your less fortunate fellow Americans. You may pay a little more for that combo meal, but it's worth it in the end. More folks making a decent living, is a good thing for all of us.
Well, I am not much better than these POOR people, In fact, I am working part time now. I have no car anymore. This reminds me of the Affordable health care program, it's a shell game. It isn't addressing the actual issues, it's a patch, a short term fix. It fixes NOTHING. it just kicks the can down the proverbial road.

Last edited:

the cost of

Well, I am not much better than these POOR people, In fact, I am working part time now. I have no car anymore. This reminds me of the Affordable health care program, it's a shell game. It's It isn't addressing the actual issues, it's patch, a short term fix. It fixes NOTHING. it just kicks the can down the proverbial road.

I think you'd be happier making $15 an hr, rather than $7-8. Just a hunch.

the cost of

Well, I am not much better than these POOR people, In fact, I am working part time now. I have no car anymore. This reminds me of the Affordable health care program, it's a shell game. It's It isn't addressing the actual issues, it's patch, a short term fix. It fixes NOTHING. it just kicks the can down the proverbial road.

I think you'd be happier making $15 an hr, rather than $7-8. Just a hunch.
Id' be even happier if people stopped being such arrogant condescending snarky twits.

How exorbitant was management's pay? Management is responsible for sales.

Nope. The salesman on the sales floor is responsible for sales. If they are given a product the public does not want, they can't sell it, the truck company has nothing to deliver, the tire manufacturer has nothing to manufacture and deliver to the Auto Manufacturer.

Until a sale is made, nothing happens.

I've been an independent contractor, a Realtor for over 40 years. Again, until I made a sale, or one of my listings sold, nothing happened.

I'm gonna have to question this 'study.' I'm sure those who conducted the study, merely arrived at a conclusion they desperately wanted. Just pay Americans a decent wage. I'd say between $10-12 per hour would be a fair Minimum Wage starting point. Our current $7 Minimum Wage is a national embarrassment. We're the wealthiest nation on earth for God sake. We can surely treat our fellow Americans better.

But mind you, even at $10-12, it's very difficult to survive in today's America. So i can see why Seattle chose $15. We need to do much better in helping our fellow Americans.There's no point in celebrating being the wealthiest nation on earth, if only a very tiny portion of the population is able to celebrate it. If you can't or won't pay a fellow American Worker at least $10 per hr, you should probably close your business. You're either a very bad business person, or just not a good American. So i'm gonna call Bullshite on this 'study', and give big props to Seattle. They're true Americans out there. :thup:

I have no problem with the city of Seattle setting whatever they wish for their minimum wage. They have to live with the consequences, not me. However, the citizens of Seattle have no right to mandate what the minimum wage is here in Tallahassee, Florida.

Seattle is learning simple economics the hard way. I realize all the minimum wage has not fully increased to $15.00 per hour and is punishing large companies first. That's their choice.

Please tell me what happens to "me" as I work as a shift manager at McDonald's while I go to college. My first job. I was being paid $15.00 per hour. Now the most recent employee hired is going to be paid $15.00 per hour to do the cleanup work. What happens to my salary and that of my boss who earns $20.00 per hour?

NO one was ever intended to live on the minimum wage. Progressives always shout EVERYONE should be paid a "LIVING WAGE" when they themselves DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH IS A LIVING WAGE.

You're just being foolish.

Raising the minimum wage is like cutting off a piece of rope and adding it to the end to make it longer. It's illusory. Short term and meaningless.

Forum List

Back