As usual, republicans in Congress are useless and COVID is no exception

Democrats are pushing for another round of stimulus checks. One could make the argument that other options should be explored before more stimulus checks should be produced.

However, as per usual, republicans aren’t offering any alternatives. All they can say is “uhh. Let’s just wait and see what happens.” Does that sound like leadership to you? Republicans prove themselves again and again to be terrible at governing.

My point is, while more stimulus checks may or may not be a good idea, at least democrats are pushing ideas and are giving timelines for action. Republicans are just useless as always. It really is astounding. I guess they’d be more motivated for another stimulus if it includes another ridiculous slush fund for big corporations. That is what they do best after all.
Why wouldn't they be a good idea?

Democrats are pushing for another round of stimulus checks. One could make the argument that other options should be explored before more stimulus checks should be produced.

However, as per usual, republicans aren’t offering any alternatives. All they can say is “uhh. Let’s just wait and see what happens.” Does that sound like leadership to you? Republicans prove themselves again and again to be terrible at governing.

My point is, while more stimulus checks may or may not be a good idea, at least democrats are pushing ideas and are giving timelines for action. Republicans are just useless as always. It really is astounding. I guess they’d be more motivated for another stimulus if it includes another ridiculous slush fund for big corporations. That is what they do best after all.
Why wouldn't they be a good idea?
They might be needed, but it is just a band-aid for the problem. No official in Washington seems to have a long term strategy for this.

Forum List

Back