As usual, republicans in Congress are useless and COVID is no exception

Yep, let’s cut defense spending and close the corporate tax loopholes and deductions to help pay for it. We have to start somewhere.
Cutting spending is how you pay for things. It's not a revenue problem. It's a spending problem.

Everybody had to tighten their belts in hard times EXCEPT government.

I don't mind if we cut a bunch of defense spending. That's moving in the right direction.

What else can we cut? The Department of Education should be eliminated immediately.

You can’t just dismiss the revenue side of the debt. It doesn’t make any economic sense. Revenue is how shit is paid for. If the percentage of GDP is too low, the government borrows more. The GOP’s tax cut is going blow up our deficit. You know that right?

No, the govt needs to do without and reduce it's budget by 20 percent in every dept. Problem solved.

Democrats are pushing for another round of stimulus checks. One could make the argument that other options should be explored before more stimulus checks should be produced.

However, as per usual, republicans aren’t offering any alternatives. All they can say is “uhh. Let’s just wait and see what happens.” Does that sound like leadership to you? Republicans prove themselves again and again to be terrible at governing.

My point is, while more stimulus checks may or may not be a good idea, at least democrats are pushing ideas and are giving timelines for action. Republicans are just useless as always. It really is astounding. I guess they’d be more motivated for another stimulus if it includes another ridiculous slush fund for big corporations. That is what they do best after all.

Yeah, that's exactly what I want them to do.

The last thing we need is more knee-jerk reactions. We need to stop spewing out things, and start looking closely at the evidence, and see what is working, what isn't, and what is or is not necessary.

I agree with the Republicans.

Democrats are pushing for another round of stimulus checks. One could make the argument that other options should be explored before more stimulus checks should be produced.

However, as per usual, republicans aren’t offering any alternatives. All they can say is “uhh. Let’s just wait and see what happens.” Does that sound like leadership to you? Republicans prove themselves again and again to be terrible at governing.

My point is, while more stimulus checks may or may not be a good idea, at least democrats are pushing ideas and are giving timelines for action. Republicans are just useless as always. It really is astounding. I guess they’d be more motivated for another stimulus if it includes another ridiculous slush fund for big corporations. That is what they do best after all.
So you have no problem with Nan from San Fransicko spending another 3 trillion dollars of money she doesnt have, but my money and others who will have to work? And then like the retard you are, you will then blame that 3 trillion of the President. If this 3 trillion goes through, it will be time to have our Boston Tea Party right there in Washington DC..

Yep, let’s cut defense spending and close the corporate tax loopholes and deductions to help pay for it. We have to start somewhere.
Cutting spending is how you pay for things. It's not a revenue problem. It's a spending problem.

I don't mind if we cut a bunch of defense spending. That's moving in the right direction.

What else can we cut? The Department of Education should be eliminated immediately.

You can’t just dismiss the revenue side of the debt. It doesn’t make any economic sense. Revenue is how shit is paid for. If the percentage of GDP is too low, the government borrows more. The GOP’s tax cut is going blow up our deficit. You know that right?
Stop paying people to not work, they either get a job or try to steal from someone else. If they get a job then that liberal will help contribute more taxes so the deficit goes down. If the liberal tries to steal other peoples stuff, then they are shot and once again, removed from Society for being a worthless tard.
The War on Poverty has cost $22 trillion -- three times more than what the government has spent on all wars in American history. Federal and state governments spend $1 trillion in taxpayer dollars on America's 80 means-tested welfare programs annually.
The War on Poverty Has Cost $22 Trillion - NCPA
ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?article_id=25288
It is not my job to feed other people, but my own family.....

Yeah, that's exactly what I want them to do.

The last thing we need is more knee-jerk reactions. We need to stop spewing out things, and start looking closely at the evidence, and see what is working, what isn't, and what is or is not necessary.

I agree with the Republicans.
Okay but while republicans aren’t being knee jerk about this, they aren’t being anything else either. Their thumbs are just up their asses. There is not even a hint of a long term plan.

Libtards are giving illegals $1200.00 per month and amnesty. Yep! Libtards are fucked up crazy.

BULLSHIT!!!!

Start with the spending side. Then, get back to us.

You got to love it. Not that long ago you were on these boards complaining about the deficit. Now suddenly when you think that you can get a small scrap of the Trillions being given away you are all for running up the debt.
If it was just money for people or for small bussiness it would be diffrent but most of it is going to those that don't need it but make those in congress lots of money or give lots to reelection campaigns.

BULLSHIT!!!!

Start with the spending side. Then, get back to us.

Uh or we can do both simultaneously because that obviously makes the most sense.

Uh or we can do both simultaneously because that obviously makes the most sense.
FUCK THAT!!!.

It does not "make the most sense." You don't get more money until you learn to spend wisely and cut back on waste. That's how every household is FORCED to live. GOVERNMENT CAN DO THE SAME OR FUCK OFF!!!

Yawn....Zzzzz

Go pull some weeds, It must be blocking your basement window.
In other words, you have no sensible reply.

And what do you propose as an alternative to the Department of Education?

You got to love it. Not that long ago you were on these boards complaining about the deficit. Now suddenly when you think that you can get a small scrap of the Trillions being given away you are all for running up the debt.
If it was just money for people or for small bussiness it would be diffrent but most of it is going to those that don't need it but make those in congress lots of money or give lots to reelection campaigns.
Right we should just do nothing at all about this because GOP tax cuts are more important. That’s basically what you are saying lol. No doubt this is harmful to the deficit, but it has to be done and paying for at least some of it is possible.

The Economy is starting to open up, let's see how this pans out, if forward-thinking states like Georgia and Florida and Mississippi come back, others will follow. Why throw more money at this, the problem is resolving and America is coming back.

A FB friend of mine already had tickets for a vacay in Florida in 2 weeks.

Democrats are pushing a $3 trillion Christmas list of more debt

That will still leave well over $2 trillion in extra debt. We are already over $25 trillion. We don't need faux "stimulus." We need to get back to business and take the appropriate precautions for our vulnerable population
This is a brand new virus. Experts need time to observe its effects. How it’s behaving has changed since it first ravaged Europe. There are too many unknowns as far as widely reopening the economy.
Look it's Faux Chi's assistant Dr. Dumbass.

Forum List

Back