Asael Shabo: We Can Only Look Forward

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Terrorism survivor Asael Shabo spoke to the media this week as he prepared for a match against football (soccer) star Lionel Messi and the Barcelona team. Shabo will play as part of a group of Israeli and Palestinian Authority Arab athletes.

Eleven years ago, Asael’s home in Itamar was the scene of a massacre. PA terrorists broke into the home and shot and murdered his mother and three of his brothers, and badly wounded Asael.

“I remember that my three brothers were murdered in the room with me. The terrorist stood in the doorway and began to shoot. I remember that my mother was shot on the stairs,” he told Galei Tzahal (IDF Radio).

Asael was hit by three bullets. He survived by playing dead despite his injuries, even when the terrorist kicked him in the head. The terrorist also threw a grenade into the room to ensure the young brothers were dead.

Asael, then 9, had his leg amputated after the attack.

“I understand what Tamar, who survived the attack (In Itamar 2011), is going through. At times like that you look for quiet despite all the visits,” he added.

In the years after the attack Asael began swimming as a form of rehabilitation. He was recognized as a talented swimmer, and is now one of Israel’s foremost handicapped athletes.

In recent years he has played sports with a team of Israeli and Jerusalem Arab handicapped athletes. He sees playing sports alongside Arabs as a good opportunity to change the Arab perception of Israelis, he said.

Terror Survivor: We Can Only Look Forward - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

-------------

m1507.gif

Terrorism survivor Asael Shabo spoke to the media this week as he prepared for a match against football (soccer) star Lionel Messi and the Barcelona team. Shabo will play as part of a group of Israeli and Palestinian Authority Arab athletes.

Eleven years ago, Asael’s home in Itamar was the scene of a massacre. PA terrorists broke into the home and shot and murdered his mother and three of his brothers, and badly wounded Asael.

“I remember that my three brothers were murdered in the room with me. The terrorist stood in the doorway and began to shoot. I remember that my mother was shot on the stairs,” he told Galei Tzahal (IDF Radio).

Asael was hit by three bullets. He survived by playing dead despite his injuries, even when the terrorist kicked him in the head. The terrorist also threw a grenade into the room to ensure the young brothers were dead.

“I understand what Tamar, who survived the attack (In Itamar 2011), is going through. At times like that you look for quiet despite all the visits,” he added.

In the years after the attack Asael began swimming as a form of rehabilitation. He was recognized as a talented swimmer, and is now one of Israel’s foremost handicapped athletes.

In recent years he has played sports with a team of Israeli and Jerusalem Arab handicapped athletes. He sees playing sports alongside Arabs as a good opportunity to change the Arab perception of Israelis, he said.

Terror Survivor: We Can Only Look Forward - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

-------------

m1507.gif

Broke into his home and murdered his mother and 3 brothers. And the pro-Palestinians laud this as a classic example of heroic resistance. Animals.

-------------

m1507.gif

Broke into his home and murdered his mother and 3 brothers. And the pro-Palestinians laud this as a classic example of heroic resistance. Animals.

WHICH pro-Palestinians?

-------------

m1507.gif

WHICH pro-Palestinians?

Seal.
Yesterday someone posted a video of a lady who was involved in a suicide bombing (I believe it was the Sbarro Pizza bombing), and he was saying how proud she was of herself because she killed so many children. Seal said how its normal to do that because it shows her pride and how she is devoted to supporting the 'resistance'
Then there was an article about a woman who was extremely proud that her son killed Israelis. Seals response was that Israelis do the same when they send their soldiers to war and that she has every right to be proud of her son.

WHICH pro-Palestinians?

Seal.
Yesterday someone posted a video of a lady who was involved in a suicide bombing (I believe it was the Sbarro Pizza bombing), and he was saying how proud she was of herself because she killed so many children. Seal said how its normal to do that because it shows her pride and how she is devoted to supporting the 'resistance'
Then there was an article about a woman who was extremely proud that her son killed Israelis. Seals response was that Israelis do the same when they send their soldiers to war and that she has every right to be proud of her son.

Same comments were made of the Itamar massacre.

WHICH pro-Palestinians?

Seal.

Which post?

Seal made a number of good posts in relation to the "child sacrifice" thread. And he's right - if you lose a child to war....how do you feel? Some feel proud of their sacrifice, others (like Cindy Sheehan) feel angry at the injustice of war. Which is right? How do Israeli's feel?

For example this post: http://www.usmessageboard.com/7612685-post18.html

I can not find a post where he lauded the breaking into his home and murdering of his mother and 3 brothers as a classic example of heroic resistance.

Where?

WHICH pro-Palestinians?

Seal.

Same comments were made of the Itamar massacre.

Link?

WHICH pro-Palestinians?

Seal.

Which post?

Seal made a number of good posts in relation to the "child sacrifice" thread. And he's right - if you lose a child to war....how do you feel? Some feel proud of their sacrifice, others (like Cindy Sheehan) feel angry at the injustice of war. Which is right? How do Israeli's feel?

I can not find a post where he lauded the breaking into his home and murdering of his mother and 3 brothers as a classic example of heroic resistance.

Where?

You think mothers should be proud that their son killed himself and innocent people as well ?

WHICH pro-Palestinians?

Seal.

Which post?

Where?

Are you implying that I made all of this up ?

Seal.

Which post?

Where?

Are you implying that I made all of this up ?

No, I'm asking which link?

Seal.

Which post?

Where?

You think mothers should be proud that their son killed himself and innocent people as well ?

I'm saying that the sentiment is probably the same - in any war, innocents get killed. I suspect the families of those soldiers feel the same about their son's involvement.

Which post?

Where?

I'm saying that the sentiment is probably the same - in any war, innocents get killed. I suspect the families of those soldiers feel the same about their son's involvement.

You're comparing a man blowing himself up in a crowd of civilians versus a soldier going to battle ? You think it's the same thing ??

You're comparing a man blowing himself up in a crowd of civilians versus a soldier going to battle ? You think it's the same thing ??

I think their mother's see it as the same thing.

Seal.

Which post?

Where?

you are an ass and a liar. the mother was proud that her son gave his life for his oppressed people.

i said that was a normal and appropriate feeling.

that game is a two way street and you have been playing it for a long time and i have yet to play. i can. you don't want me to do so.

"i would never criticise baruch goldstein's mother for being proud of her son. "

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7612970-post30.html

But did she ever say she was proud of her son?? I never heard such a thing... But I could be wrong

i think you are missing the point. we are not talking about the acts of the child. we are talking about the love of the parent.

i linked to that post because it was germaine to the discussion.

people may not notice this and it really doesn't matter much, but i am not really all that big on condemning people for whatever. i do it, sure but...

for instance...

capt. r. who confirmed the kill. i never condemned him. i tried to understand the causes. i condemn the situation and practices that put him in that position.

most of us do not rise above being pawns.

and it does not matter if baruch gokdstein's mother was proud of nher son. what matters nin this discussion is that i would not condemn her for being so.

"i would never criticise baruch goldstein's mother for being proud of her son. "

http://www.usmessageboard.com/7612970-post30.html

But did she ever say she was proud of her son?? I never heard such a thing... But I could be wrong

i think you are missing the point. we are not talking about the acts of the child. we are talking about the love of the parent.

i linked to that post because it was germaine to the discussion.

people may not notice this and it really doesn't matter much, but i am not really all that big on condemning people for whatever. i do it, sure but...

for instance...

capt. r. who confirmed the kill. i never condemned him. i tried to understand the causes. i condemn the situation and practices that put him in that position.

most of us do not rise above being pawns.

and it does not matter if baruch gokdstein's mother was proud of nher son. what matters nin this discussion is that i would not condemn her for being so.

Well, I'd condemn Goldstein's mother if she were proud of her son for what he did at Abraham's Tomb, but I guess everyone has different values.

Forum List

Back