Ask the Evangelical!

Joz said:
Sure they did. That's why people confessed their sins onto spotless lamb & then sacraficed it. It was pointing to the time when THE LAMB would come and atone us for our sins.

ahhhhhhh so a symbol of Jesus was used before he showed up in person ?

dilloduck said:
ahhhhhhh so a symbol of Jesus was used before he showed up in person ?
Exactly.
I'm glad I came after Christ came. I'd have had a real hard time killing a little lamb. But then, that was the MAN's job. I think all too often we forget, that every time we sin, we are indeed, killing "The Lamb".

dilloduck said:
ok--next obvious question (so far so good)-----what about the ones who didn't hear the prophecies?
Who might those be? EVERYONE has an opportunity to hear "the message".

Joz said:
Who might those be? EVERYONE has an opportunity to hear "the message".

Moses got em in the desert and the jews just hung around the mideast---now everyone in the world wasn't on the net or anything.

dilloduck said:
Moses got em in the desert and the jews just hung around the mideast---now everyone in the world wasn't on the net or anything.

Are you asking from the perspective of those already dead?

dilloduck said:
I think you might find what you're looking for in in Romans 10, the whole chapter. Verses 17-18 says," So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes, verily, their sound went into all the earth and their words unto the ends of the world".

dilloduck said:

Romans 1 might help.

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature–have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

If they haven't heard about Jesus, they are still responsible for knowledge of and faithfulness to the One True God.

Romans 2
12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

The Law is the ancient scriptures, basically the Old Testament, esp. the first 5 books. You see, even if people have not heard the words of God, He has given them the tool to know right from wrong, to follow His way. Every person has a conscience. This is how God makes allowance for those who have not heard the message or were born before Christ. They will be judged according to how they followed their God-given conscience (not their rationalizations or feel-good philosophies).

Joz, I have to disagree with you on one point. They did not know for SURE that Jesus was the Messiah until all the prophecies were complete. They couldn't know. There are many that will fulfill MANY of the prophecies, but not all. So until the entire event had run its course, they could not have know FOR SURE, that Christ was the Messiah.

freeandfun1 said:
Joz, I have to disagree with you on one point. They did not know for SURE that Jesus was the Messiah until all the prophecies were complete. They couldn't know. There are many that will fulfill MANY of the prophecies, but not all. So until the entire event had run its course, they could not have know FOR SURE, that Christ was the Messiah.
Do you know FOR SURE??
They had to accept by faith, what was to happen the same way we have to accept by faith what we're told did happen. It's all about faith.

Joz said:
Do you know FOR SURE??
They had to accept by faith, what was to happen the same way we have to accept by faith what we're told did happen. It's all about faith.

Yes, I know for sure, because eventually, He DID fulfill all the prophecies. Up to that point, he had not risen from the dead. If He had not, then he would have just been anther "poser". Maybe I am not explaining myself, etc., but until all the specific prophecies regarding the coming Messiah had been completed, nobody (other than God and Christ Themselves) could not have known for SURE that he was the Messiah. If you recall, many had thought at one time that John the Baptist was the Messiah and there many more before that, but none of them, until Christ, had fulfilled all the Prophecies.

And Manu, that question is getting OLD. It has been explained many times before that God will have the final judgement on everybody, including those people. And it is MY belief (could be wrong) that the Jews and gentiles before Christ will be judged differently from each other as until Christ came, only the Jews were promised any chances at salvation.

sorry free i won't ask anymore questions....

the condesending attitude that you get when you ask simple questions is why i turned away from the church.....

every single time i ask a question, here at bible study, at the church from our pastor ... i get the same response and attitude... esentially..."How dare you ask stupid questions and challenge anything"

manu1959 said:
sorry free i won't ask anymore questions....

the condesending attitude that you get when you ask simple questions is why i turned away from the church.....

every single time i ask a question, here at bible study, at the church from our pastor ... i get the same response and attitude... esentially..."How dare you ask stupid questions and challenge anything"

Why do you ask the same questions over and over and over again?

Do you keep asking it hoping that eventually you will get the answer you WANT to hear? I think you are being a bit overly senstive here and you are obviously just looking for an opportunity to belittle anything that is written. Perhaps your pastor realizes that you only ask to be confrontational, not to learn.... have you thought about that? This is not the first time you have asked the same question. Do you really want to know? If so, what about the others answers have not satisfied you and in what way were they lacking? See, if you really wanted to learn, you would come back with legit questions and either acknowledge that you accept the answer given, part of the answer given or none of the answer given. But you don't do that. You just repeat the same question again albeit might be in a different forum (or class).

freeandfun1 said:
Why do you ask the same questions over and over and over again?

i just told you ...... and when i asked you a simple question you said you already answered it ... well i read the entire thread both before and after i asked the question .... and i didn't see the answer .... so sorry if it is so bloody obvious to you .... if it was obvious to me I wouldn't ask you .... any way ... no harm no foul ...

manu1959 said:
i just told you ...... and when i asked you a simple question you said you already answered it ... well i read the entire thread both before and after i asked the question .... and i didn't see the answer .... so sorry if it is so bloody obvious to you .... if it was obvious to me I wouldn't ask you .... any way ... no harm no foul ...

You know as well as I do that you have asked this question before. Perhaps not in *this* thread, but in others. Do you want to start a thread dedicated to just that question? If so, maybe that would be more appropriate.

Ok, who wrote/said "so it is written,so it will be" ? It's driving me crazy, and the only thing I can think of is the program "it is written". Anyone?

Said1 said:
Ok, who wrote/said "so it is written,so it will be" ? It's driving me crazy, and the only thing I can think of is the program "it is written". Anyone?

I am not quite following your question....

Are you talking about in Corinthians?

Corinthians is a letter Paul wrote to the Church in Corinth around 55 AD.

In Corinthians 15:45, Paul wrote: Thus is it written, The first man Adam became a living being (an individual personality); the last Adam (Christ) became a life-giving Spirit [restoring the dead to life]. [Gen. 2:7.]

freeandfun1 said:
I am not quite following your question....

Are you talking about in Corinthians?

Corinthians is a letter Paul wrote to the Church in Corinth around 55 AD.

In Corinthians 15:45, Paul wrote: Thus is it written, The first man Adam became a living being (an individual personality); the last Adam (Christ) became a life-giving Spirit [restoring the dead to life]. [Gen. 2:7.]

That might be where the phrase originated from, but I'm sure I've got it pretty close to word for word. Might be from the program I mentioned, or another one like it. I used to watch those! :eek:

Forum List

Back