🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

At this point, we know the differences are irreconcilable between libs and conservatives

I would disagree because there is no way the RNC wanted Trump to get in. The problem with voting today is that people are using the same criteria to vote on a candidate as they used to vote on their favorite American Idol contestant: how do they dress, how do they speak, how nice is their family.........

Dementia won because he wasn't Trump. Donald Duck could have had the same amount of support.

That's why I say the founders had it right when they considered not letting every American vote.

If the GOP said it, it's probably a lie. If the DNC said it, it's probably a lie. If it comes from the news, it's probably a lie. Lies with enough truth built in to make it all see true.

You know, I've been in the midst of the RNC delegation process. And have seen the lies and the propaganda that comes from the local chairmen and his/her staff.
Trump being opposed is an easy scam to play. Just pretend the scam is a conspiracy. Tell a few believable lies to make the conspiracy seem crazy, and you're in. There's enough party loyalist who'll side with the lies, leaving those that believe the conspiracy looking like kooks. So they shut up. No one likes looking like a kook.
Party loyalist will go along with just about anything, even if they don't understand it. They have the mindset that the party knows best. So they don't question it.

So what’s your point? Biden killed it.

No he didn't. He killed the DAP. Dakota Access Pipeline, for Pete's sakes. All that is just a short cut to the Keystone. One that stretches across an Aquifer that stretches from the Dakota's all the way down to Texas and New Mexico. In some places it's over 1000 ft deep. No way to clean that up. And considering that millions of people and animals have access to that water, including agriculture and livestock, it makes no sense to risk that for what's mostly Chinese (not Canadian) oil sands that would be pumped through it. Oil sand have to more pressure. (The Chinese own a LOT of mineral rights to the oil sands. They started buying it up about 5 years ago)

Also, let me address the propaganda about the US jobs. There's probably no more than 50 permanent jobs. The construction jobs are 99.999% temporary. 90% of those are grunts. The rest came from another pipeline job. Welders, Xray'ers, inspectors (and other trained people in the pipeline business) are gypsy's. They rarely stay on one job for more than 6 months.

No he didn't. He killed the DAP. Dakota Access Pipeline, for Pete's sakes. All that is just a short cut to the Keystone. One that stretches across an Aquifer that stretches from the Dakota's all the way down to Texas and New Mexico. In some places it's over 1000 ft deep. No way to clean that up. And considering that millions of people and animals have access to that water, including agriculture and livestock, it makes no sense to risk that for what's mostly Chinese (not Canadian) oil sands that would be pumped through it. Oil sand have to more pressure. (The Chinese own a LOT of mineral rights to the oil sands. They started buying it up about 5 years ago)

Also, let me address the propaganda about the US jobs. There's probably no more than 50 permanent jobs. The construction jobs are 99.999% temporary. 90% of those are grunts. The rest came from another pipeline job. Welders, Xray'ers, inspectors (and other trained people in the pipeline business) are gypsy's. They rarely stay on one job for more than 6 months.
An increase in US production of oil will tend to push prices down in the US but decreases in production of oil elsewhere will tend to push prices up. In other words, oil is international commodity where price is determine by international demand and supply. Also, there are different grades of oil. Some grades are better suited for some products than other. Thus the refining cost with vary by grade. International supply and demand for each product varies creating prices for each grade. Once a product like gasoline has been refined where it goes depends on demand. If an EU distributor will pay more than a local distributor, that is where the gasoline will go. So getting back to the pipeline, there is no way to predict what effect the pipeline will have on US prices because it depends on international demand and supply.

BTW From a practical standpoint, ownership of mineral interest does not give you control of the product of the well(s). Typically the owner of the mineral interest will get payment for about 1/8 of the product produced. The working interest in the well will get the rest. It's not like the oil will be sent to China.

Last edited:
An increase in US production of oil will tend to push prices down in the US but decreases in production of oil elsewhere will tend to push prices up. In other words, oil is international commodity where price is determine by international demand and supply. Also, there are different grades of oil. Some grades are better suited for some products than other. Thus the refining cost with vary by grade. International supply and demand for each product varies creating prices for each grade. Once a product like gasoline has been refined where it goes depends on demand. If an EU distributor will pay more than a local distributor, that is where the gasoline will go. So getting back to the pipeline, there is no way to predict what effect the pipeline will have on US prices because it depends on international demand and supply.

BTW From a practical standpoint, ownership of mineral interest does not give you control of the product of the well(s). Typically the owner of the mineral interest will get payment for about 1/8 of the product produced. The working interest in the well will get the rest. It's not like the oil will be sent to China.

Oil and all fuel prices are set in the commodities market and can be controlled just like they were under Trump. But when you remove a pro-energy President and install an anti-energy President, you have what we have today. In fact I just went past my regular gas station yesterday. The price per gallon increased by 20 cents from the day before. Why? We depend on Russia for our oil, that's why. And if we interfere in Putin's plans, that could decrease rather quickly.

Oil and all fuel prices are set in the commodities market and can be controlled just like they were under Trump. But when you remove a pro-energy President and install an anti-energy President, you have what we have today. In fact I just went past my regular gas station yesterday. The price per gallon increased by 20 cents from the day before. Why? We depend on Russia for our oil, that's why. And if we interfere in Putin's plans, that could decrease rather quickly.
Yes, oil and gas prices are set in futures market. For a company that wants to tie down the price of a1000 barrels of oil they will need in 6 mos, they can buy 6 month contracts but that's not the price you see when the price of oil is being reported. The price you see on TV is the price being paid for expiring contracts. This is the price that a wholesaler might use in trying to buy oil at the refiner or maybe in shipment. That price will be a negotiated price and is called the spot price which is pretty close to reported price.

A president can't really control the price. He can effect it by adding or taking oil off the market by selling or buying oil for government reserves. That process can swing gas prices 5, 10, or 15 cents a gallon but it only last till the created shortage or oversupply is filled, then prices go where the market determines. Personally, I don't agree with this. It is a pollical move with only a short effect on prices. The consumer saves money as prices go down but pays more as prices go back up. So the likely net effect is zero. And it can backfire if there is a disaster and that oil is needed. It is better to let the market determine the price and government to stay out of it.

We depend on oil bought off the international market of which Russia supplies 12%. If enough countries refuse to allow tankers carrying Russian oil to enter their ports, oil prices and gasoline prices will rise. Actually they rise in anticipation of tighter markets. Russian oil producers will sell their product in Russia or it will be sold in China, Africa, or Arab ports at a lower than market price since it will have to be resold and reshipped to get to the customers.

Last edited:
Yes, oil and gas prices are set in futures market. For a company that wants to tie down the price of a1000 barrels of oil they will need in 6 mos, they can buy 6 month contracts but that's not the price you see when the price of oil is being reported. The price you see on TV is the price being paid for expiring contracts. This is the price that a wholesaler might use in trying to buy oil at the refiner or maybe in shipment. That price will be a negotiated price and is called the spot price which is pretty close to reported price.

A president can't really control the price. He can effect it by adding or taking oil off the market by selling or buying oil for government reserves. That process can swing gas prices 5, 10, or 15 cents a gallon but it only last till the created shortage or oversupply is filled, then prices go where the market determines. Personally, I don't agree with this. It is a pollical move with only a short effect on prices. The consumer saves money as prices go down but pays more as prices go back up. So the likely net effect is zero. And it can backfire if there is a disaster and that oil is needed. It is better to let the market determine the price and government to stay out of it.

We depend on oil bought off the international market of which Russia supplies 12%. If enough countries refuse to allow tankers carrying Russian oil to enter their ports, oil prices and gasoline prices will rise. Actually they rise in anticipation of tighter markets. Russian oil producers will sell their product in Russia or it will be sold in China, Africa, or Arab ports at a lower than market price since it will have to be resold and reshipped to get to the customers.

It doesn't really work that way because unless your broker is worth a shit, they won't let you get near the end contract. For instance if I had April oil I would get rid of it and buy (or sell) June or July oil, whenever the next contract is.

Policy does affect fuel prices because speculators buy or sell contracts based on the news of the commodity. If Dementia announced the US would no longer buy Russian oil, the price of gasoline would hit at least $6.00 a gallon. The US is the worlds largest consumer of energy products. Now it would go back down if we replaced Russian oil with Canadian oil or bought our own because of a huge increase in US oil production but Dementia will never do that. He wants to keep his environmental base happy because he has the worst overall approval ratings than any President in recent history.

It doesn't really work that way because unless your broker is worth a shit, they won't let you get near the end contract. For instance if I had April oil I would get rid of it and buy (or sell) June or July oil, whenever the next contract is.

Policy does affect fuel prices because speculators buy or sell contracts based on the news of the commodity. If Dementia announced the US would no longer buy Russian oil, the price of gasoline would hit at least $6.00 a gallon. The US is the worlds largest consumer of energy products. Now it would go back down if we replaced Russian oil with Canadian oil or bought our own because of a huge increase in US oil production but Dementia will never do that. He wants to keep his environmental base happy because he has the worst overall approval ratings than any President in recent history.
It works that way for the people who buy contracts with the intent on taking delivery such as refineries. The purpose of futures is to guarantee a price to buyers who will need a commodity at some future date.

If we stop the sale of oil coming from Russian no doubt prices will rise in the US but the Russian oil will still be sold in China, Africa, Mid East, etc. That adds to supply in those countries which would lower prices. Thus Russia still sells the oil, they just make less. I guess the decision is how much are we willing to suffer to punish Russia. That's above my pay grade.

It works that way for the people who buy contracts with the intent on taking delivery such as refineries. The purpose of futures is to guarantee a price to buyers who will need a commodity at some future date.

If we stop the sale of oil coming from Russian no doubt prices will rise in the US but the Russian oil will still be sold in China, Africa, Mid East, etc. That adds to supply in those countries which would lower prices. Thus Russia still sells the oil, they just make less. I guess the decision is how much are we willing to suffer to punish Russia. That's above my pay grade.

That's where politics comes into play. Dementia can't afford any higher prices at this point. This week alone, the station I buy my gasoline went from $3..35 a gallon to $3.80 in two separate jumps. Experts predict it's going to go much higher than that. Russia is now the worlds largest exporter of fuel, a job that was USA's during the Trump years.

But if we did refuse to buy more oil from Russia, they would take a huge hit because we are the worlds largest consumer of oil China included. If President Trump was still in office he would have opened the doors to exploration and drilling like we've never seen before, and replace that Russian oil with our own. It's not that Biden couldn't do that, it's that he won't do that. Plus we would have so much of it that we could relieve European countries from Russian oil, another huge hit they'd have to take.

As far as commodities contracts go, my broker told me over a month ahead of time any time I had a contract nearing it's 30 days of expiration. The last thing I needed was 30 bushels of corn delivered to my home. :badgrin:

That's where politics comes into play. Dementia can't afford any higher prices at this point. This week alone, the station I buy my gasoline went from $3..35 a gallon to $3.80 in two separate jumps. Experts predict it's going to go much higher than that. Russia is now the worlds largest exporter of fuel, a job that was USA's during the Trump years.

But if we did refuse to buy more oil from Russia, they would take a huge hit because we are the worlds largest consumer of oil China included. If President Trump was still in office he would have opened the doors to exploration and drilling like we've never seen before, and replace that Russian oil with our own. It's not that Biden couldn't do that, it's that he won't do that. Plus we would have so much of it that we could relieve European countries from Russian oil, another huge hit they'd have to take.

Your thinking on all this seems to be timeline challenged. Leases don't result in any oil to market for at least a year or two.

War is in days, but massive production changes take a long time.

Russia is already taking a hit, but over time Russians will just adjust who they sell to as we change who we buy from.

Putin invades Ukraine....rightwingers respond by blaming United States government.

What the fuck is wrong with you idiots? Did Putin's trolls get into all of your facebook feeds? What the hell is going on?
No, we blame Biden for not stopping it. Trump had no problem stopping Russia from invading Ukraine.

Your thinking on all this seems to be timeline challenged. Leases don't result in any oil to market for at least a year or two.

War is in days, but massive production changes take a long time.

Russia is already taking a hit, but over time Russians will just adjust who they sell to as we change who we buy from.

That's what will take a year or two, not new production. That can happen much faster.

This threat has been going on for some time with the buildup of troops. Dementia should have taken some action to prevent it and show Putin we won't take such an invasion sitting down. That does not necessarily mean war with US troops, but that we can inflict financial pressure against the country. Instead he did the exact opposite and as you stated, a little to little too late. The biggest fear Putin has is not the US or NATO, but his own people turning against him. That's already happening but not due to any action we've taken.

Putin invades Ukraine....rightwingers respond by blaming United States government.

What the fuck is wrong with you idiots? Did Putin's trolls get into all of your facebook feeds? What the hell is going on?
The Trump thing is a sickness.

Forum List

Back