At what tax rate do you officially become a slave....?

At what rate of taxes are you officially a slave

• 90%

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 80%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70%

• 60%

• 50%

• 40%

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 30%

• 20%

• 10%

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Lot of empty rhetoric, no hard facts. How does a burger-flipper become an entrepreneur? Tell us, in detail.

A lot goes into it ... But guess the most important thing is the fact they don't want to be burger flippers forever.
Really ... If you can get past the stupid idea that is acceptable ... You've got half the battle won.

I was thinking of the actual Real Life revenue involved in having enough cash money saved to start a business (the majority of which fail within the first year).

So how did your friend do it? Borrow from relatives? Consult a loan shark (because maybe you know of a bank that will lend to a minimum-wage employee with no collateral, but I don't). Rob a bank?

Seriously, how did he do it? Because if this is a real-life situation and not a fairy tale, there are lessons for all poor working people to learn from it.

Don't be selfish. Share what you know.

How do foreign immigrants do it.......how do they come here with nothing and save up to buy a franchise......they break their backs and work non stop to get the money together....that's how........and they don't let anyone stop them......they don't cry racism..they don't cry injustice...they save money, and buy a business...and the democrats make that harder and harder every year.....

Lot of empty rhetoric, no hard facts. How does a burger-flipper become an entrepreneur? Tell us, in detail.

A lot goes into it ... But guess the most important thing is the fact they don't want to be burger flippers forever.
Really ... If you can get past the stupid idea that is acceptable ... You've got half the battle won.

I was thinking of the actual Real Life revenue involved in having enough cash money saved to start a business (the majority of which fail within the first year).

So how did your friend do it? Borrow from relatives? Consult a loan shark (because maybe you know of a bank that will lend to a minimum-wage employee with no collateral, but I don't). Rob a bank?

Seriously, how did he do it? Because if this is a real-life situation and not a fairy tale, there are lessons for all poor working people to learn from it.

How do foreign immigrants do it.......how do they come here with nothing and save up to buy a franchise......they break their backs and work non stop to get the money together....that's how........and they don't let anyone stop them......they don't cry racism..they don't cry injustice...they save money, and buy a business...and the democrats make that harder and harder every year.....

Well you can't expect people to work 2 or 3 jobs you know. Never take a day off for months??? The HORROR!!!! Work Holidays??? OH MY GAWWWWD

I remember the guy on Rush.....he owns a football team now....he started out working in his dad's bakery, and when his dad refused to give him a .25 cent raise, he quit and opened a bolgna sandwhich stand for farm workers.....and now he owns a football team...

To answer the question:
  • All marginal tax rates 100%
  • Forced to work at whatever position you're told to, for as long as you're told to
  • No work safety laws or age limits
  • No personal property outside of what is allowed by that particular employer
  • Regular beatings & whippings and threats of beatings & whippings
  • No health care
  • No retirement plan
  • Forced inter-generational employment
  • Your name may be changed at the whim of your employer
That's a start.
Just because the science of slavery has advanced in the 21st century to the point where it is unrecognizable as slavery, does not mean it isn't slavery anymore. With the advent of emancipation, the output of the slaves has increased enormously. For the slave holders of the chattel, it is about constantly increasing production. All world government constantly measures production and tries to implement measures to increase the productivity of their slaves, it is only common sense.

calvin-n-hobbes.jpg

If you wish, for the sake of making your on bondage feel less irritating, to call it something else, feel free.

• The illusion of freedom requires you to provide your own housing, food, clothing. . . this free up the responsibility of the masters greatly. Enough money will be left to the slaves for this, no more.
  • Emancipation, the philosophy where letting the slaves choose their occupation, was found to greatly increase their productivity. This benefited the masters. It is an illusion to the slaves that it was for them.
  • Taking care of slaves, the most valuable capital, is a benefit to the masters.
  • A happy slave is a productive slave.
  • Madison Ave., MSM, and Credit Scores have replaced beating and whippings.
  • It is still in the masters best interest to take care of his slaves, but in the end, he makes his slaves pay for that up keep. This covers both health care and retirement. Everyone knows you never get something for nothing.
  • The masters now only see you as a number. Pick whatever name you wish 24601. :badgrin:

Slavery is still slavery, however cleverly disguised.

Calling it "slavery" is an insult to all of those who suffered under the real thing.

Stark hyperbole does nothing to advance a case, because it immediately renders the case suspect.

Any American who thinks they're existing under slavery is hyper-sensitive, intellectually paralyzed by their ideology and without credibility.

If all you can come up with is to call what I have posted, "stark hyperbole," then I don't suppose we will see eye to eye.

The fact is, those who enter the business of government, or private contracting for government, seek to enrich themselves off the back of productive Americans. They have no other purpose.

The states and local communities would do just fine in the 21st century if D.C. just sank into the Atlantic. Better than fine in fact, they would probably explode with prosperity.

I went to Ray Kroc, founder of McDonald's, and I asked him for one. And he gave it to me," Wilson said.

Just got off the elevator on the executive floor, decked the security guard, pushed past the receptionist, and strolled into Kroc's office? With that kind of chutzpah (or were there weapons involved?), I can see where Kroc took a chance on either promoting him or getting tossed through the plate-glass window.

Heart-warming tale.

We should get rid of as many taxes on production as we can, such as the income tax, and start increasing taxes on consumption. This is the most efficient and most robust way to help the economy.

That's why I like the Fair Tax.

I'd think that if we replaced 'production' taxes with 'consumption' taxes, spending would be inhibited and we'd rocket into a total economic collapse. That might work in a communist society, but free will spending is the basis for any private sector economy.
Pick your poison. Tax income so there is less to spend or tax consumption and things cost a little more.

It's a lot harder to avoid a consumption tax. My only issue with the Fair tax is the monthly check sent to everyone in the country. Just lower the rate and get rid of that and Id support it
Without the prebate, the Fair Tax is just a sales tax.

The prebate serves to mitigate the regressive nature of a sales tax.
So would just taxing at a lower rate.

A sales tax at any rate is regressive. Everyone has basic needs they have to purchase each month, and a sales tax increases the cost of those needs. A prebate cancels out that extra cost, and you pay taxes only on those things which exceed your basic necessities.

A low income person can meet all of their needs without taxes biting into them.

I remember the guy on Rush.....he owns a football team now....he started out working in his dad's bakery, and when his dad refused to give him a .25 cent raise, he quit and opened a bolgna sandwhich stand for farm workers.....and now he owns a football team...

I think you left out a few steps.

So the question becomes, if it's that easy, instead of whining about paying taxes, why aren't all of you among the 1%?

The way some immigrants do it is that every member of the family gets a job and they all contribute to paying for one family member to become a doctor, and another family member to become a lawyer. Then the whole family gets free medical care and legal assistance for life.

Clever.

Well you can't expect people to work 2 or 3 jobs you know. Never take a day off for months??? The HORROR!!!! Work Holidays??? OH MY GAWWWWD

Show where there are 35 million "extra" jobs so that low paid workers can take two or three of them

Money isn't the only factor in being a slave.

It is for the sake of this poll.......if you have 50% of what you earn by your labor taken by someone else...you are not free....

But you use public resources, rely on police protection, national defense, and when you're old and crapping in your depends you'll need assistance.

The one thing I see that most people who dothings like this have in comkon is thatwhen people tell them they can't do something they take it as a personal insult and
We should get rid of as many taxes on production as we can, such as the income tax, and start increasing taxes on consumption. This is the most efficient and most robust way to help the economy.

That's why I like the Fair Tax.

I'd think that if we replaced 'production' taxes with 'consumption' taxes, spending would be inhibited and we'd rocket into a total economic collapse. That might work in a communist society, but free will spending is the basis for any private sector economy.
Pick your poison. Tax income so there is less to spend or tax consumption and things cost a little more.

It's a lot harder to avoid a consumption tax. My only issue with the Fair tax is the monthly check sent to everyone in the country. Just lower the rate and get rid of that and Id support it
Without the prebate, the Fair Tax is just a sales tax.

The prebate serves to mitigate the regressive nature of a sales tax.
So would just taxing at a lower rate.

A sales tax at any rate is regressive. Everyone has basic needs they have to purchase each month, and a sales tax increases the cost of those needs. A prebate cancels out that extra cost, and you pay taxes only on those things which exceed your basic necessities.

A low income person can meet all of their needs without taxes biting into them.

So then they just pay 25% on what's deemed not a basic need

That's no different than a progressive income tax then where some dollars are deemed less necessary than others. How do you know how much a person spends on "basic needs" every month?

Why not just exempt "basic needs" like food and clothing from the tax? Skip writing millions of checks every month and effectively increase the revenue with that savings

Do you have any idea what it would cost to write that many checks every month?

Q.v. Post #128.

So why aren't you among the 1%? Too busy cleaning your guns and whining on message boards?

Show where there are 35 million "extra" jobs so that low paid workers can take two or three of them

And I repeat

So you thinkk the only way to make extra money is to work for someone else?

You think it is entirely impossible for someone to make extra money by say offering to clean a person's house or yard or to detail his car or to babysit his kids etc etc etc

Here's the best reason why I prefer consumption taxes over production taxes: Not everyone is a producer, but everyone is a consumer.

You are less likely to be tolerant of an ever expanding government if it costs you personally.

RUBE: Petlessness among sex workers has reached epidemic proportions! The government MUST do something. We must provide a free puppy to every hooker!

CONGRESS: Fine, we'll just increase the sales tax to pay for it.

RUBE: Oh, hey, wait a minute!

The Fair Tax would be the end of the pervasive selfishness which has ruined America: "Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

Richard-H

So then they just pay 25% on what's deemed not a basic need

To be more specific, they pay 25% on any spending deemed to be above what is a subsistence level.

That's no different than a progressive income tax then where some dollars are deemed less necessary than others. How do you know how much a person spends on "basic needs" every month?

Why not just exempt "basic needs" like food and clothing from the tax?
Because that opens the door to the problem we have right now with the income tax. As soon as you start allowing for any exemptions, that becomes a wedge to ever increasing corruption. You give Congress a huge incentive to put more and more exemptions in the code in exchange for campaign cash.

It really depends on what it is you find you want to do.
For starters ... The ability to stop thinking about what doesn't work and finding what will work helps.

Personally ... I liked being debt free getting started.
That meant I worked a freaking job I wasn't thrilled about until I could save enough money to get started.

My passion was Quality ... And I worked for a trademarking agency as a Quality Auditor.
While working and saving money ... I got them to supply me with all the certifications, and exculpatory knowledge I would need to move forward.
I lived in a tiny apartment ... Drove a beat-up junker (until they gave me a company car to make mill calls).
I worked every hour I possibly could ... Took every crappy assignment available.

Believe me ... It wasn't a freaking "fairytale" ... It was crap.

Then ... When I was satisfied I had the knowledge, certifications I needed, and important industry contacts ... I opened a business as a Quality Consulting Agency.
It started small ... I pounded the pavement ... Went to trade shows.
Started giving certification preparatory seminars for companies who wanted to get employees certified.

The important part is to find what it is you want to do ... And keep heading for that goal.

The success of any tax plan, I don't care which one you name, absolutely depends on banning exemptions, deductions, and credits.

America could easily turn around its economy by three simple acts.

1. Enact a Fair Tax (deleting the income tax).

2. Disallow ANY exemptions from the Fair Tax.

3. Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70, and index to 9 percent of the population going forward.

BOOM!

It really depends on what it is you find you want to do.
For starters ... The ability to stop thinking about what doesn't work and finding what will work helps.

Personally ... I liked being debt free getting started.
That meant I worked a freaking job I wasn't thrilled about until I could save enough money to get started.

My passion was Quality ... And I worked for a trademarking agency as a Quality Auditor.
While working and saving money ... I got them to supply me with all the certifications, and exculpatory knowledge I would need to move forward.
I lived in a tiny apartment ... Drove a beat-up junker (until they gave me a company car to make mill calls).
I worked every hour I possibly could ... Took every crappy assignment available.

Believe me ... It wasn't a freaking "fairytale" ... It was crap.

Then ... When I was satisfied I had the knowledge, certifications I needed, and important industry contacts ... I opened a business as a Quality Consulting Agency.
It started small ... I pounded the pavement ... Went to trade shows.
Started giving certification preparatory seminars for companies who wanted to get employees certified.

The important part is to find what it is you want to do ... And keep heading for that goal.

Thank you. That's honest, and a lot more detailed than the "slave" who started this thread has been able to provide.

His ilk remind me of the Christian "martyrs" who spent the entire month of December sobbing over the loss of the Jesus Snowflakes on the cups from Starbucks (which they never patronize anyway).

I usually recommend they take a vacation in North Korea in order to experience authentic martyrdom. Perhaps our OP would like to pass himself off as an Indonesian immigrant in Saudi Arabia to get an authentic feel for true slavery.

Forum List

Back