Atheism; An Intellectual Dead End

You are repeating yourself. A billion religions don't prove or disprove the existence of god.

Very true.

what a billion religions would suggest is that there are at least a billion ways to sucker the gullible.

What more would any superior being possibly want or expect of humans other for them to aspire to become rational and compassionate people who say and do things that reflect the image and likeness of a holy and benevolent God?
Or it could care about as much about us as we do about gnats. I have no idea and don't make up answers to feel good.

I suspect that if a superior intelligence gave humans the key to becoming a higher form of life and they disregarded it and became degenerate perversions of their highest potential, they wouldn't give a shit if that deliberately chosen and preferred way to approach life whatever it may be was full of suffering and torment.
Can you translate that into English? Thanks.

I am an athiest. I simply do not believe in supernatural entities, gods, angels, demons supernatural events or anything of that sort. My attitude is that science can explain everything, eventually.
Ok so how do you explain the origin of the Big Bang then?

Apparently you are not a very good philosopher.
for one thing the BB is just the most accepted theory that fits our observations of the Universe it is not a 100% proven fact yet if it ever will be.

Have you ever considered that people may not have the capability to completely understand the universe much like a dog is incapable of understanding algebra ?
Oh I agree with you Skull Pilot on that.

But it is just that there are both a whole lot of amateur scientists and also a few professional ones who have made Science their Religion.

That's my point.

If Muhammed digs deeply enough into his own Philosophy to deal with the dilemma of who created his BB then I think he will see he needs more than just Science in his life. At the very least he needs Philosophy. And this will lead him at least to Deism I think.

How could the BB create itself? If it can than IT is GOD.

God is a man made concept.
We don't know if the BB even happened. It's all conjecture at this point. It's the best explanation we can come up with based on what we observe and understand.

I personally will reserve judgement on a supreme being there is not enough evidence one or the other at this point
The evidence is Creation itself.

Spirituality does have one advantage over atheism..

It provides all the answers:

Where do we come from? God made us
Why does bad things happen to good people? God wants it that way
Why does the sun rise in the east? God wants it that way
Why is the sky blue? Because God made it that way

They might not be the right answers...but you get an answer

Ask an atheist and he will say....How the hell do I know?
And that is the advantage of Atheism. When one has all of the answers, there is no need for further exploration, or discovery, is there?

But, when one must respond with, "I don't know", that rather paves the way for the logical response of "Let's find out!", now doesn't it? I rather prefer a path that offers questions to explore, rather than answers to be accepted. Don't you?

Atheism does not have all the answers I have never heard that espoused by any atheist

Atheists IMO tend to be a more empirical sort
How so? How is not believing empirical?

Are Atheists able to use rational thought, deductive reasoning, and scrupulous logic to substantiate and legitimize their perceptions? Or are they simply lacking a perception that most people experience without the need for rationalization? Are they spiritually dumb?

Our spirituality is different, and many times stronger than theists.

What are you really saying? That you are more fanatical ?!

Me? I would say less so, as atheists behave so much like religious fundamentalists.

Painting a group of people with such a broad brush is a mistake. I guess theists do not think.

Sure, there's a distribution. So what? Humans have an innate need to worship something. Even atheists.

Tell me what makes more sense

Some supreme being spoke through a couple guys over 2000 years ago to give all of humanity its plan for us by setting forth a series of rules punishments and rewards

or

Religion was created by the ruling classes to control the masses

Occam's razor | philosophy
I like Occam's razor. It is valid science.

But you are using it to set up straw men.

Besides the two hypotheses that you lay out above, there are plenty more.

according to you religion is a product of some supreme being for whose existence there is absolutely no empirical evidence
According to me religion is a man made institution created to control the masses

Mine is the more rational explanation
Liar.

You are such a liar.

Or else your comprehension of the English language is not good.

We don't know if the BB even happened. It's all conjecture at this point. It's the best explanation we can come up with based on what we observe and understand.

I personally will reserve judgement on a supreme being there is not enough evidence one or the other at this point
So this is your current mythology then ?!

Very brilliant.

God and Gods are ancient concepts that predate history.

Therefore we do not know where the notion of God or Gods came from and therefore it is impossible to scientifically and logically determine where it came from and whether it is due to REAL God/Gods or not.

In the meantime if this personal mythology works for you then fine. So be it.

Sorry but no. Humans invented gods to explain what they couldn't
And yet we still believe.

Some supreme being spoke through a couple guys over 2000 years ago to give all of humanity its plan for us by setting forth a series of rules punishments and rewards

or

according to you religion is a product of some supreme being for whose existence there is absolutely no empirical evidence
According to me religion is a man made institution created to control the masses

Liar.

You are such a liar.

You like to point out fallacies

Calling me a liar does not make me a liar

You want to believe that some supreme being gave religion to humans
so you will believe that no matter what anyone else says

I am an athiest. I simply do not believe in supernatural entities, gods, angels, demons supernatural events or anything of that sort. My attitude is that science can explain everything, eventually.

for one thing the BB is just the most accepted theory that fits our observations of the Universe it is not a 100% proven fact yet if it ever will be.

Have you ever considered that people may not have the capability to completely understand the universe much like a dog is incapable of understanding algebra ?

But it is just that there are both a whole lot of amateur scientists and also a few professional ones who have made Science their Religion.

That's my point.

If Muhammed digs deeply enough into his own Philosophy to deal with the dilemma of who created his BB then I think he will see he needs more than just Science in his life. At the very least he needs Philosophy. And this will lead him at least to Deism I think.

No it's not.

Just because we don't know how the universe was created, if it was actually created at all, does not mean some supreme being is responsible for it

Spirituality does have one advantage over atheism..

It provides all the answers:

Where do we come from? God made us
Why does bad things happen to good people? God wants it that way
Why does the sun rise in the east? God wants it that way
Why is the sky blue? Because God made it that way

They might not be the right answers...but you get an answer

Ask an atheist and he will say....How the hell do I know?
And that is the advantage of Atheism. When one has all of the answers, there is no need for further exploration, or discovery, is there?

But, when one must respond with, "I don't know", that rather paves the way for the logical response of "Let's find out!", now doesn't it? I rather prefer a path that offers questions to explore, rather than answers to be accepted. Don't you?

Atheism does not have all the answers I have never heard that espoused by any atheist

Atheists IMO tend to be a more empirical sort
How so? How is not believing empirical?

Observable evidence is needed for one to e empirical

the mere existence of something is only empirical proof that that thing exists it is not proof of anything else

Very brilliant.

Therefore we do not know where the notion of God or Gods came from and therefore it is impossible to scientifically and logically determine where it came from and whether it is due to REAL God/Gods or not.

And you will believe whatever you want regardless of anything anyone else says , whether there is evidence or not and that's your choice

I have made a different choice

or

Liar.

You are such a liar.

You being a liar makes you a liar.

Me pointing out that you are a liar is simply stating a fact.

Lies are untrue.

Liars tell lies.

You tell lies.

Ergo you are a liar.

Simple syllogism. Even your weak frail mind should be able to grasp this.

Q.E.D.

Very brilliant.

And you will believe whatever you want regardless of anything anyone else says , whether there is evidence or not and that's your choice

I really do not see any evidence that you have made any choices, other than to engage in verbosity.

I would rather suspect that you were simply born an idiot.

Are Atheists able to use rational thought, deductive reasoning, and scrupulous logic to substantiate and legitimize their perceptions? Or are they simply lacking a perception that most people experience without the need for rationalization? Are they spiritually dumb?

Our spirituality is different, and many times stronger than theists.

What are you really saying? That you are more fanatical ?!

Me? I would say less so, as atheists behave so much like religious fundamentalists.

Painting a group of people with such a broad brush is a mistake. I guess theists do not think.

Sure, there's a distribution. So what? Humans have an innate need to worship something. Even atheists.

Not true. I worship nothing.

It is a distinction with a difference. The distinction makes it not a statement of faith, but of fact. Science can explain everything, as demonstrated over centuries of...well...explaining everythin. Every single phenomenon that religion tried to insist was suernatural? Science expalined without resorting to myths, fables, and the supernatural. So, yeah. It's not a statement of faith; it is a statement of fact based on centuries of demonstrated evidence.
You keep making stupid comments thinking they will become factual with repetition. No, science can't explain everything or we wouldn't even have the discussion. You have no clue how the universe started so you cannot claim a secular cause with any credibility. You are simply proselytizing your faith while condemning those with faith. That's hypocritical and dimwitted.

or

Liar.

You are such a liar.

You being a liar makes you a liar.

Me pointing out that you are a liar is simply stating a fact.

Lies are untrue.

Liars tell lies.

You tell lies.

Ergo you are a liar.

Simple syllogism. Even your weak frail mind should be able to grasp this.

Q.E.D.
I have not told any lies

I just don't believe what you believe so you think I am a liar

You are incapable of considering other points of view but your own

Very brilliant.

I really do not see any evidence that you have made any choices, other than to engage in verbosity.

And you believe everything you are told without question

You are a mindless sheep

Very brilliant.

You are a mindless sheep
Spam bot.

Ignore list.

You are a mindless sheep
Spam bot.

Ignore list.
God forbid anyone challenges your blind belief , Little Sheep

That's my point.

No it's not.

Just because we don't know how the universe was created, if it was actually created at all, does not mean some supreme being is responsible for it
You are confusing evidence for proof. If you create something tangible, it can be used as evidence.

Forum List

Back