Atheism; An Intellectual Dead End

Of course you aren't. You aren't trying this hard to convince me and czernobog. You're trying to convince yourself.

I'm not a coward for not walking up to people at church and telling them they are stupid. That would be rude.

And im not a coward when I let my dad talk about seeing his wife again. He insists there must be a God. I tried to explain why his evidence isn't evidence for a creator before my mom died but I don't argue it anymore. When you are dealing with death you give people their God.
I think you should tell your dad how stupid you believe he is. Don't just share that with us.
I've tried. Lol. We've got in heated arguments. He keeps making the same bad arguments. The body and planet ecosystem is too perfect to not have been created by something. Who did it he asks, and I tell him we don't know is the most logical explanation.

He doesn't try to defend virgin births but he gives to the church so he has cognitive dissonance and wishful thinking and doesn't know it.

And that's why I keep it here. The internet has done wonders for freedom of mind and science and atheism. We realize we aren't crazy or alone. Czernobog has really owned you
Now I know you are lying about your parents.
And another ad hominem. Why don't you just give up when your irrational arguments fail, instead of personally attacking the people who have destroyed your arguments?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
I hope you don't mind if I disagree. I really do believe people like you are dangerous. I'm not sure which argument you believe you won or why, but if you want to see it that way, more power to you.
I don't care if you disagree, or not. Personal attacks are personal attacks. They don't bother me in the least.

The Khmer Rouge abolished all religion and dispersed minority groups, forbidding them to speak their languages or to practice their customs. These policies had been implemented in less severe forms for many years prior to the Khmer Rouge's taking power.
So, what? You thought I was a Cambodian totalitarian? Here's a news flash for you. I am just as disgusted with Cambodian totalitarianism, the failed communist experiment of the USSR, North Korea, and China as you are. Never once have I suggested that the government should be used to outlaw religion. Only that religion should not be allowed, as the Constitution guarantees, to use the government, and the public school system to indoctrinate children in religious dogma. It is you who wants the government to sanction your religion, not me.

I don't see a lot of difference.
Of course you don't. That's the problem.You religionists want your religion? I don't have a problem with that. Just keep it in your church where it belongs. But, when you try to insert your irrational religious dogma into our schools, and try to use the government to lend the illusion of legitimacy to your religion, so that children are never given the opportunity to hear the rational evidence that disputes your religion, then I have a problem, and will use the Constitutional protection at my disposal to stop you.

I don't believe your kind will be happy until religion is abolished.
Well...but you also believe in an invisible superman that is impooissible for science to ever discover is the architect of the universe, so, you know, we've already established that your beliefs are questionable.

Dude, go ahead and misstate my position. I don't mind.

Of course you aren't. You aren't trying this hard to convince me and czernobog. You're trying to convince yourself.

I'm not a coward for not walking up to people at church and telling them they are stupid. That would be rude.

And im not a coward when I let my dad talk about seeing his wife again. He insists there must be a God. I tried to explain why his evidence isn't evidence for a creator before my mom died but I don't argue it anymore. When you are dealing with death you give people their God.
I think you should tell your dad how stupid you believe he is. Don't just share that with us.
I've tried. Lol. We've got in heated arguments. He keeps making the same bad arguments. The body and planet ecosystem is too perfect to not have been created by something. Who did it he asks, and I tell him we don't know is the most logical explanation.

He doesn't try to defend virgin births but he gives to the church so he has cognitive dissonance and wishful thinking and doesn't know it.

And that's why I keep it here. The internet has done wonders for freedom of mind and science and atheism. We realize we aren't crazy or alone. Czernobog has really owned you
And another ad hominem. Why don't you just give up when your irrational arguments fail, instead of personally attacking the people who have destroyed your arguments?

I hope you don't mind if I disagree. I really do believe people like you are dangerous. I'm not sure which argument you believe you won or why, but if you want to see it that way, more power to you.
He has made a lot of great arguments I read his posts and am greatly he explains it so well. Sorry you choose to disregard all of logic.

It comes down to you don't care you choose to believe. We get it. Or you want us to shut up when religion seems more political than I remember growing up

I deon't care if you disagree, or not. Personal attacks are personal attacks. They don't bother me in the least.
You mean you didn't come here looking for a fight?

He has made a lot of great arguments I read his posts and am greatly he explains it so well. Sorry you choose to disregard all of logic.

It comes down to you don't care you choose to believe. We get it. Or you want us to shut up when religion seems more political than I remember growing up
Really? Which of his points were your favorite ones?

So, what? You thought I was a Cambodian totalitarian? Here's a news flash for you. I am just as disgusted with Cambodian totalitarianism, the failed communist experiment of the USSR, North Korea, and China as you are. Never once have I suggested that the government should be used to outlaw religion. Only that religion should not be allowed, as the Constitution guarantees, to use the government, and the public school system to indoctrinate children in religious dogma. It is you who wants the government to sanction your religion, not me.

Of course you don't. That's the problem.You religionists want your religion? I don't have a problem with that. Just keep it in your church where it belongs. But, when you try to insert your irrational religious dogma into our schools, and try to use the government to lend the illusion of legitimacy to your religion, so that children are never given the opportunity to hear the rational evidence that disputes your religion, then I have a problem, and will use the Constitutional protection at my disposal to stop you.

Well...but you also believe in an invisible superman that is impooissible for science to ever discover is the architect of the universe, so, you know, we've already established that your beliefs are questionable.

Well, I'll keep that in mind should I ever misstate your position.

That would every time. You do love your straw-men.

I deon't care if you disagree, or not. Personal attacks are personal attacks. They don't bother me in the least.
No, I didn't. I came here for a discussion, anda debate. It's too bad you don't know the difference.

I thought we were all being honest here. Why would I lie? What part seemed like bs? I'm curious. I have challenged my dad but don't tell him I don't believe I just say "how can we be sure" but when he says there must be one too many times I snap and lay some science fact logic and reason on him.

I think my dad realizes it's wishful thinking but he chooses to wish it so who am I to tell him it's a scam.

But then they asked him and everyone to leave the church something in the will. If he gives 10℅ that's $70k screw that.
Really? This was you being honest? That's why you spend your time blogging about religion and God. Because you are such an honest person? Sorry, that's bullshit.
You don't believe I believe religion is bad for us?

Overall I prefer the truth.

Why do we talk about race politics and other taboos here? It's fun.

Some part of you must enjoy it too. Unless you are trying to convert us?

No, I didn't. I came here for a discussion, anda debate. It's too bad you don't know the difference.
You troll religious forums to seek confrontations.

I thought we were all being honest here. Why would I lie? What part seemed like bs? I'm curious. I have challenged my dad but don't tell him I don't believe I just say "how can we be sure" but when he says there must be one too many times I snap and lay some science fact logic and reason on him.

I think my dad realizes it's wishful thinking but he chooses to wish it so who am I to tell him it's a scam.

But then they asked him and everyone to leave the church something in the will. If he gives 10℅ that's $70k screw that.
Really? This was you being honest? That's why you spend your time blogging about religion and God. Because you are such an honest person? Sorry, that's bullshit.

I have never enjoyed conversations with disingenuous people.

Nope. You believe that God created the universe. You admit that science will never be able to establish the existence of theis God, because he is "supernatural". So, no. I didn't misstate your position even a little bit. You believe in and invisible, supernatural superman, who was the architect of the physical universe.

You're free to believe that.

Nope. You believe that God created the universe. You admit that science will never be able to establish the existence of theis God, because he is "supernatural". So, no. I didn't misstate your position even a little bit. You believe in and invisible, supernatural superman, who was the architect of the physical universe.
Superman?

You're free to believe that.
Thank you. I will. Maybe one day, you will gather up the courage and honesty to admit it.

I have never enjoyed conversations with disingenuous people.
What danger? What would happen if people stopped believing?

Forum List

Back