atheism and its follower are not bright

Syriusly below:

images

Just a simple fact.

You guys are not the logic queens you believe you are. Sorry: you are not very sharp,

13533056_10154202833405856_1504458163512858074_n.jpg

Yes, it really is that simple.

And the only comeback (of sorts) they have is then "well then who made God?"

Which has no bearing on the subject, because it does not matter or change anything. The fact remains, without God or an intelligent designer and creator, we could never be. Something did not come from nothing, and then from that that mass of inanimate inorganic sludge or rocks could NEVER assemble itself into complex organic orderly life by chance! So get over yourselves and quit pretending you are being reasonable.

Who made God?

God made everything, including time dingleberry

That was plain stupid. (imo)

Either that, or a very asinine defense of implying "there is no evidence of intelligent design."

That's like saying, "yes, it seems apparent the watch needed to be made by an intelligent designer, but until you can tell me who made the intelligent designer himself I will not accept the watch was made by an intelligent designer."

Futile discussions.

Those that don't see creation as evidence for a Creator are fools, so yes, futile discussions.

Well I agree that a discussion with anyone who believes that the universe existing is evidence for God is essentially futile

upload_2016-7-13_9-43-10.jpeg

Another hilarious fact is how these 'scientific facts' are suspiciously and amazingly very similar to the 'garden of Eden' allegory .

Wow.....walk me through what scientific facts are 'amazingly similar to the "Garden of Eden" allegory.

Is it the talking serpent?

images

we are saying your are pretending to show total ignorance or purposely fooling yourself.
---
Are we not ALL ignorant about life's creation on earth & especially elsewhere?
Agnostics are simply honest about it.
Others are fooling themselves.
You can prove the existence of a higher power using logic

Why do you say he can?

Can you prove the existence of a higher power being using 'logic'? Show us.

Why does it have to be a God? And has this God ever visited? Let's establish that first.

My point is simple: I contend there is a host of empirical evidence for the God of the Bible and once that is conceded it is the most logical extension to concede God had His hand in the creation of life as well.

The problem with your 'logic' is that your "host of empirical evidence" so far amounts to a single claim of a miracle that is not universally excepted nor scientifically provable.

And even if there was some fairy creating miracles to occur- why would you assume that the same fairy created everything?

And where did that fairy come from?

Why does it have to be a God? And has this God ever visited? Let's establish that first.
Picaro is a difficult ally here because he claims agnosticism, but still we seem to agree on much that we reject of the evolutionists’ claims of fact.

To answer your question in brief terms, Jesus said in Scripture “if you will not believe in my words, then believe in the works that I do.” In other words, Jesus performed great signs and wonders (read: miracles) that created no doubt in the witnesses. They knew what they observed was not of this world. The great miracle of course being his own death and resurrection. It was this what gave His early disciples no doubt that Jesus was from God, and God incarnate.

Subsequently in history, God has performed countless great signs and wonders that left no doubt to the witnesses. These signs that bolstered the faith of the believers and challenged the unbeliever.

Fatima, Lourdes, the 250,000 Egyptians who saw the Virgin Mary herself atop a cathedral in Zeitoun on more than 20 nights in 1968, the wooden statue of Mary that wept human tears or tears of blood on 101 occasions beginning in 1973 in a convent in Akita, Japan, the stigmata of saints including Padre Pio who was examined by medical doctors countless times over the 50 years his stigmata remained until the last month of his life when it mysteriously disappeared and left no scars upon his death in 1968, the Shroud of Turin despite the skeptics wishes has no scientific explanations for the incredible qualities contained on that cloth that science still cannot duplicate much less some medieval forger dream up and create in the 1500s, and then there are countless eye witnesses to disturbing Catholic exorcisms where a possessed child speaks in the most frightful guttural language and profanity, where the child speaks Latin and other languages it has no knowledge of and also speaks of events in the witnesses’ past he or she could never have known. Is everyone a liar? Is that how this is all so easily dismissed? We believe in God because we believe in the works that He has revealed.

My point is simple: I contend there is a host of empirical evidence for the God of the Bible and once that is conceded it is the most logical extension to concede God had His hand in the creation of life as well.

Why are the ancient Arab stories the last word on God?

Do you really believe that the family sired by ancient Abraham was somehow chosen by God as special and The Torah is Divinely inspired?

The evidence points me to concluding that The Torah is story-telling, arrogance and record keeping at the dawn of Monkey business capable of preserving the written word and send it hurtling up the Timeline.
It's so obvious. But they didn't realize that 1500 years ago when Christianity finally organized so they claimed Jesus is the Messiah the old testament prophesized. Or my theory is the 11 who started Christianity must have either been liars or maybe cult followers of a man claiming to be the Messiah. We have many today who claim to be Jesus probably a lot did back then too. The story spread around Greece and those fools baught it. And it was forced on the rest of the world through the crusades.

Imagine someone today telling you they're the son of God. Yet people believe it happened 2000 years ago? WHY?

A lot of people have trouble believing the claim that Joseph Smith was visited by John the Baptist. Yet millions do.

Is that claim any more or less credible than the New Testament?

Genesis & the OT Bible stories are a rip off of Greek mythology.
There is transcendent truth contained In the Bible. The Fall of Man for example is backed up by modern research revealing that a state of nature, or hunter-gatherer society is the ideal "perfect" state of man; man's "fall" was the result of greed which lead to the advent of agriculture and civilization, and removal from "Eden", his natural environment..

Wow......fascinating insight into your mid.

If the hunter gatherer society is 'the ideal perfect state of man'- how come none of the known existing societies believed in the Christian god or any single god?

And why do you think it was 'perfect state of man'? While there is much to be said about hunter gatherer societies there is also much that I wouldn't consider 'perfect'. Violence between competing groups and murder are more common. Infanticide was often practiced.

Now you say 'greed' led to the advent of agriculture? That is an interesting concept. Agriculture probably developed by hunter gatherers gathering natural seeds and eventually realizing that they could actually plant them. I am not sure how that was due to 'greed' as much as normal human inventiveness- such as sustained hunter gatherers.

And it was forced on the rest of the world through the crusades.

It was forced on no one.

And they resisted no one.

"The blood of the martyrs is the seeds of Christianity."

Wow! I love people like you who don't know jack shit about your own people's history.

Millions of African−Americans are Christians today because their ancestors were converted against their will to the religion of the slave-master.

Hundreds of thousands of American−Indians are Christians today because the Christian missionaries converted their ancestors against their will.

In Europe, it was the same thing. When Rome controlled most of the world, the Roman Emperor, Constantine, in 325 CE forced Christianity onto his subjects.

The people of Lithuania did not become Christians because they read the gospels and decided to accept their teachings. On the contrary, the people of Lithuania were forced into Christianity against their will, as a result of relentless military force.

Just a simple fact.

You guys are not the logic queens you believe you are. Sorry: you are not very sharp,

13533056_10154202833405856_1504458163512858074_n.jpg
“Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.”

Not to mention, I don't understand how any intelligent adult could believe in "evolution by random chance".

That's about on par with a grown adult believing a "Ninja Turtles" cartoon is a real-life documentary.
“Imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, ‘This is an interesting world I find myself in, an interesting hole I find myself in, fits me rather neatly, doesn’t it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!’ This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it’s still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything’s going to be all right, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise.”– Douglas Adams

[Q
The people of Lithuania did not become Christians because they read the gospels and decided to accept their teachings. On the contrary, the people of Lithuania were forced into Christianity against their will, as a result of relentless military force.

The Crusades Christians really don't want to talk about.....

Thank you for proving God does not exist.

Got a picture of you.

UbxOfXL.jpg

quote-the-christian-resolution-to-find-the-world-ugly-and-bad-has-made-the-world-ugly-and-bad-friedrich-nietzsche-135840.jpg

According to the 2012 Gallup International survey, the number of atheists is on the rise across the world, with religiosity generally declining

[Q

The Crusades Christians really don't want to talk about.....
I'm always amazed after I see all these history shows on the history or Christianity, Islam & Jewdaoism when one of them has the fucking ignorant balls to suggest they don't have a violent past.

But of course they don't know. Their religion never taught them the facts and honestly, they aren't smart enough to be interested in history shows. ESPECIALLY ones that trash their religion. But you would think being Christians they'd be interested in the history of Religion.

When I learned the history of religion, what it told me is there is no fucking way that shit isn't made up. It's so obvious if you aren't brainwashed.

Forum List

Back