Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

Here is one problem I'd like to solve. The prison system. We all know it doesn't work. It is not designed for rehab. It is designed for punishment. As a "chistian" nation, I think we can and should do better than that. What say you?

I say you wouldn't be willing to make the fundamental changes that are really necessary.

Atheism is the religion of nonreligion.

And abstinence is the sexual position of a non sexual position.

Wait...that doesn't make any sense. :whip:

Then you're not doing it right.

I'm certainly not doing it by choice. LOL!

Atheism is a choice to believe in nonsense.

Only if you define it as a belief in nonsense. Otherwise, it's just any non-theistic worldview. The idea that the general concept of atheism is equivalent to an anti-religion 'belief system' is a strawman to justify the defensive delusions of fundamentalist theists. Fuck them. They're douchebags. Depending, of course, on how you define 'douchebag'.

Here is one problem I'd like to solve. The prison system. We all know it doesn't work. It is not designed for rehab. It is designed for punishment. As a "chistian" nation, I think we can and should do better than that. What say you?

I say you wouldn't be willing to make the fundamental changes that are really necessary.

Try me. Lets hear what they are. Then I'll tell you my idea.

Only if you define it as a belief in nonsense. Otherwise, it's just any non-theistic worldview. The idea that the general concept of atheism is equivalent to an anti-religion 'belief system' is a strawman to justify the defensive delusions of fundamentalist theists. Fuck them. They're douchebags. Depending, of course, on how you define 'douchebag'.

There really are 3 kinds of people. People who believe there is a god and that's it. People who don't believe in god or that it matters if you believe. Then there are the people who claim they know and the rest of us are going to hell for not believing.

You gotta be kidding me. How delusional you are.

I wasn't even talking about atheism, I was talking about abstinence. LOL!

Get rid of all laws and regulations that do not involve a direct infringement on the rights of another person, and empty the prisons of everyone in them for any of those offenses. After that, we should reduce the size of the government by 75%.

That would be a start.

Get rid of all laws and regulations that do not involve a direct infringement on the rights of another person, and empty the prisons of everyone in them for any of those offenses. After that, we should reduce the size of the government by 75%.

That would be a start.

I saw this show on how we have to stop putting the people we are mad at in with the people we are afraid of. I have to agree with you on this one. If a guy gets caught with drugs, fine the shit out of him and put him on probation that way he pays us, we don't have to pay $30K a year to house the loser.

My friend is going through Drunk Driving probation. Says it cost him at least $20K. He has to go blow into this thing every day and pay for it! LOL. That'll teach him.

That would be a start.

You a libertarian I'm assuming? Doesn't surprise me one bit.

That would be a start.

You a libertarian I'm assuming? Doesn't surprise me one bit.

He's no libertarian, he's a NeoClown. :biggrin:

I saw this show on how we have to stop putting the people we are mad at in with the people we are afraid of. I have to agree with you on this one. If a guy gets caught with drugs, fine the shit out of him and put him on probation that way he pays us, we don't have to pay $30K a year to house the loser.

My friend is going through Drunk Driving probation. Says it cost him at least $20K. He has to go blow into this thing every day and pay for it! LOL. That'll teach him.

That isn't what I said, i said get rid of all the laws, which would mean that there would be no fines because drugs would not be illegal.

That isn't what I said, i said get rid of all the laws, which would mean that there would be no fines because drugs would not be illegal.

Sorry. When we see that crack or meth is destroying our communities, we have to make them illegal.

But I agree pot should be legal.

Do you think corporations should be allowed to drug test? Of course you do. You probably think the corporations should be able to do whatever they want, unregulated.

Sorry. When we see that crack or meth is destroying our communities, we have to make them illegal.

But I agree pot should be legal.

Do you think corporations should be allowed to drug test? Of course you do. You probably think the corporations should be able to do whatever they want, unregulated.

Told you you wouldn't agree with me.

I see no reason corporations should be able to pry into the private lives of their employees at all, unlike you. Unless, that is, you suddenly changed your views that the NFL should punish union members who are accused of domestic violence.

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

Seriously, it sounds ridiculous when you say it.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms:faith, belief, worship, creed; More
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

It only sounds ridiculous to you because you want a free pass on what you condemn in others.

But atheism is a BELIEF SYSTEM!!!! You BELIEVE there is no God. Guess what! You just defeated your own argument with your definition.

You don't have absolute proof there is no God, SO YOU HAVE FAITH WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS CORRECT.

You lose, pal!

:lol:

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

It only sounds ridiculous to you because you want a free pass on what you condemn in others.

But atheism is a BELIEF SYSTEM!!!! You BELIEVE there is no God. Guess what! You just defeated your own argument with your definition.

You don't have absolute proof there is no God, SO YOU HAVE FAITH WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS CORRECT.

You lose, pal!

Simply having beliefs, is not religion. Everyone has beliefs, but not everyone has religion.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

We don't believe. It isn't a belief system it's a non belief system. Much different. Do you believe in Leprechauns? Then that is your belief system?

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

If anything science would be our belief system but even it is not a religion.

Science takes faith / Science is a religion.
Science is an enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions. The main role of observation and experimentation in science is to criticize and refute existing theories. Scientific knowledge is created by asking questions and testing conjectures/hypotheses against reality.

Faith is absolute trust or confidence in a belief. Conversely, scientific theories are inherently falsifiable – meaning they can be proven wrong. No claims of absolute truth are believed or need to be taken ‘on faith’ in science because none are made. True scientists say, “We are aware that our theories and conclusions are not perfect, just the best fit for the available evidence”.

Scientific knowledge is a form of justified belief grounded in empirical evidence and the demonstrable reliability of the scientific method. Faith is an unjustified belief based on fantasy, superstition and wishful thinking.

Science converges on the truth via questioning. Its solutions and explanations do not differ between nations or cultures because they can be tested by anyone, anywhere, anytime. Whatever knowledge science produces is valid everywhere. Religion, on the other hand, diverges into a myriad of forms and beliefs based on individual experiences and interpretations which cannot be tested against reality.

Science is the pursuit of truth, not the presumption of it.

We don't believe. It isn't a belief system it's a non belief system. Much different. Do you believe in Leprechauns? Then that is your belief system?

Atheism is, by definition a belief. Agnosticism is not a word, therefore, by lack of definition, is not a belief.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

Religions concern beliefs regarding deities. Believing that my car will start everyday forever is having faith in the battery, the starter, the spark plugs, the fuel and the motor. That's not religion.

Forum List

Back