Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

Simply having beliefs, is not religion. Everyone has beliefs, but not everyone has religion.
Not everyone is religious. That doesn't mean their religion doesn't exist. Yours is Atheism if you believe deities do not exist.

If you simply have a non-belief in deities, you are agnostic....not Atheist.

There's no belief required to conclude your gods are of myth and legend.

It's your anger directed at those who conclude your gods don't exist that causes you such angst. While you may harbor deep seated hatreds for those who reject your gods, the majority of the planet are a-theistic regarding your version of gods. Learn to let go of the hate that causes you to behave in such a childish and petulant manner.
You are quite mistaken to think that you Atheists drive anyone to hatred. You overrate yourself. If it doesn't take belief to conclude that God doesn't exist, then you must have some proof somewhere. Where is it? Contrary to what you wish, your assertion that God does not exist takes faith on your part...just as it takes faith on my part to claim you are wrong. There is no iron clad proof either way that I am aware of. If you come up with any, please let me know. You faith in the belief that God does not exist is no different from my faith that He does. Your belief is a religious one just as is mine.
Yours is a failed argument that is typical for angry fundamentalists. You're unable to argue affirmatively for your belief in magic and superstition. Because you cannot make a rational argument for ancient myths, you're left to make goofy utterances that others must "disprove" your nonsensical musings.
Mistaken again you are. I didn't ask you to disprove. I merely pointed out that proof or disproof does not exist on either side....so claiming either side is done on faith alone. You have faith one way, I have faith the other. We each have faith that our belief is correct.
I don't expect honesty from fundamentalists, but you might want to review what you previously wrote.

Not everyone is religious. That doesn't mean their religion doesn't exist. Yours is Atheism if you believe deities do not exist.

It's your anger directed at those who conclude your gods don't exist that causes you such angst. While you may harbor deep seated hatreds for those who reject your gods, the majority of the planet are a-theistic regarding your version of gods. Learn to let go of the hate that causes you to behave in such a childish and petulant manner.
You are quite mistaken to think that you Atheists drive anyone to hatred. You overrate yourself. If it doesn't take belief to conclude that God doesn't exist, then you must have some proof somewhere. Where is it? Contrary to what you wish, your assertion that God does not exist takes faith on your part...just as it takes faith on my part to claim you are wrong. There is no iron clad proof either way that I am aware of. If you come up with any, please let me know. You faith in the belief that God does not exist is no different from my faith that He does. Your belief is a religious one just as is mine.
Yours is a failed argument that is typical for angry fundamentalists. You're unable to argue affirmatively for your belief in magic and superstition. Because you cannot make a rational argument for ancient myths, you're left to make goofy utterances that others must "disprove" your nonsensical musings.
Mistaken again you are. I didn't ask you to disprove. I merely pointed out that proof or disproof does not exist on either side....so claiming either side is done on faith alone. You have faith one way, I have faith the other. We each have faith that our belief is correct.
I don't expect honesty from fundamentalists, but you might want to review what you previously wrote.
I have no need to do that. You do...if you want to switch over to being honest. Pigs will fly first.

I have no need to do that. You do...if you want to switch over to being honest. Pigs will fly first.
I understand you're angry. That's a typical reaction from fundamentalists when they're tasked with supporting their claims to supernaturalism. Similarly, when fundamentalists are confronted with their pointless claims that others need to disprove their appeals to magic and supernaturalism, the fundamentalists typically react as you do.

I understand you're angry. That's a typical reaction from fundamentalists when they're tasked with supporting their claims to supernaturalism. Similarly, when fundamentalists are confronted with their pointless claims that others need to disprove their appeals to magic and supernaturalism, the fundamentalists typically react as you do.
Your inference that I am angry is born of your narcissism. I couldn't care less about what you believe. It's the incessant crowing and attacks on others that makes yours an angry, militant religion, geared toward the ridicule of scorn of all others. What you infer from my postings is nothing more than your mistaken opinion. It takes a lot more than what you say to bring me to anger. You overrate yourself.

If it really makes you happy, I am proud to have provided you with some comfort and joy. I bring you tidings of comfort and joy. That's cool with me! God Rest Ye Merry People All!
:beer:

Last edited:
It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

Seriously, it sounds ridiculous when you say it.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms:faith, belief, worship, creed; More
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

It only sounds ridiculous to you because you want a free pass on what you condemn in others.

But atheism is a BELIEF SYSTEM!!!! You BELIEVE there is no God. Guess what! You just defeated your own argument with your definition.

You don't have absolute proof there is no God, SO YOU HAVE FAITH WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS CORRECT.

You lose, pal!

:lol:

Simply having beliefs, is not religion. Everyone has beliefs, but not everyone has religion.

I like how you make shit up as you go along. I simply do not believe in deities. I'm an atheist. I have no religion. Outside of this forum, I rarely think about it, or even talk about it.Outside of posting on this forum, I don't even personally know any other atheists. I have one family member who's agnostic, and the rest of my family are Christian. I have a total of two family members that know I'm an atheist.

I even celebrate Christmas!

Your inference that I am angry is born of your narcissism. I couldn't care less about what you believe. It's the incessant crowing and attacks on others that makes yours an angry, militant religion, geared toward the ridicule of scorn of all others. What you infer from my postings is nothing more than your mistaken opinion. It takes a lot more than what you say to bring me to anger. You overrate yourself.

If it really makes you happy, I am proud to have provided you with some comfort and joy. I bring you tidings of comfort and joy. That's cool with me! God Rest Ye Merry People All!

You'd get a lot less ridicule if you'd quit trying to define us. Just saying...

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

It only sounds ridiculous to you because you want a free pass on what you condemn in others.

But atheism is a BELIEF SYSTEM!!!! You BELIEVE there is no God. Guess what! You just defeated your own argument with your definition.

You don't have absolute proof there is no God, SO YOU HAVE FAITH WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS CORRECT.

You lose, pal!

I like how you make shit up as you go along. I simply do not believe in deities. I'm an atheist. I have no religion. Outside of this forum, I rarely think about it, or even talk about it.Outside of posting on this forum, I don't even personally know any other atheists. I have one family member who's agnostic, and the rest of my family are Christian. I have a total of two family members that know I'm an atheist.

Likely, you go along with Christmas just to get the gifts! Whatever.

I haven't been making shit up. In many cases I posted links to my claims. You people (all you Atheist militants) have yet to refute any one of them, except with some pithy little sayings promoted by that pseudo intelligent dickweed, Bill Maher and some of your more famous preachers of Atheism.

Not to worry though. Just because you belong to a group known to be a religion doesn't mean you have to be religious. I'm a not-very-religious Baptist myself.

I'm not trying to define you. That's already be done. You define yourselves by holding to the faith.

Cheers!:beer:

I'm not trying to define you. That's already be done. You define yourselves by holding to the faith.

True indeed. We define ourselves. Asaratis is just building strawmen.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

I haven't been making shit up. In many cases I posted links to my claims. You people (all you Atheist militants) have yet to refute any one of them, except with some pithy little sayings promoted by that pseudo intelligent dickweed, Bill Maher and some of your more famous preachers of Atheism.

Not to worry though. Just because you belong to a group known to be a religion doesn't mean you have to be religious. I'm a not-very-religious Baptist myself.

Wowza, you might want to read your own writing and take a look at who's militant.

And are you upset that my family buys me gifts? I hate Christmas, come to think of it. It's a holiday that many go in debt over. I celebrate it because I have two grown children I like to buy for. I pull out my 24 inch pre-decorated tree, put presents around it, and have fun with my kids. Other than that, it really has no meaning.

You lose, pal!

Wowza, you might want to read your own writing and take a look at who's militant.

And are you upset that my family buys me gifts? I hate Christmas, come to think of it. It's a holiday that many go in debt over. I celebrate it because I have two grown children I like to buy for. I pull out my 24 inch pre-decorated tree, put presents around it, and have fun with my kids. Other than that, it really has no meaning.
That's strange behavior for an adamant Atheist. I would think you would teach your children to ignore such folly and criticize those that observe such silly, seasonal traditions.

I give gifts to my grown children all through the year, not just at Christmas time. There's no need to wait 'til Christmas.

That's strange behavior for an adamant Atheist. I would think you would teach your children to ignore such folly and criticize those that observe such silly, seasonal traditions.

I give gifts to my grown children all through the year, not just at Christmas time. There's no need to wait 'til Christmas.

So, you're trying to out-gift me, when you really have no idea what I do for my children? How strange.

I do more. I'm so great, I'm superior.

I can't quite put my finger on this type of attitude. It's sort of a mixture of American exceptional-ism and Christian superiority. The two things I notice in people at Christmas time....and part of the reason I'm always so ready for the season to be over. Christmas in America really has little to do with Jesus's birthday.

I don't know why this would seem like strange behavior for an atheist. I've repeatedly told you that all atheists are different. We don't all share the same brain.

So, you're trying to out-gift me, when you really have no idea what I do for my children? How strange.

I can't quite put my finger on this type of attitude. It's sort of a mixture of American exceptional-ism and Christian superiority. The two things I notice in people at Christmas time....and part of the reason I'm always so ready for the season to be over. Christmas in America really has little to do with Jesus's birthday.

I don't know why this would seem like strange behavior for an atheist. I've repeatedly told you that all atheists are different. We don't all share the same brain.
Wrong again, narcissist. My year round gifting to my grown children has nothing to do with your reported Christmas time gifting. I don't compare myself to you in any way. I don't really care what you do as long as it does not affect me negatively. It really doesn't bother me that Atheists continually scorn and verbally abuse Christians. It's just a sign of deep seeded hatred and insecurity with your own religious beliefs. None of this actually hurts me one iota. It does give me pause the laugh and wonder what your purpose is....other than self gratification and aggrandizement.

You silly people need to learn how to live and let live.

But I don't have faith.... Why are you trying to turn me into you?

Wrong again, narcissist. My year round gifting to my grown children has nothing to do with your reported Christmas time gifting. I don't compare myself to you in any way. I don't really care what you do as long as it does not affect me negatively. It really doesn't bother me that Atheists continually scorn and verbally abuse Christians. It's just a sign of deep seeded hatred and insecurity with your own religious beliefs. None of this actually hurts me one iota. It does give me pause the laugh and wonder what your purpose is....other than self gratification and aggrandizement.

Look in this giant mirror I'm holding up....

I never said I only do for my children at Christmas. That's your assumptive Christian superiority showing, that's all.

...<snip>...

Wrong, Since when did a non belief equal a belief. I don't believe in unicorns. That is not a belief. Seriously, think about what you write.

It implies that you have a belief that unicorns do not exist. It is not a non-belief.

That means Tuatara no longer follows the Unicornist doctrine, and is not affiliated with the Unicorn Church. He/she does not share the unrealistic belief in Unicorns. Tuatara in now an Unicorneist. There is no doctrine for Unicorneism.
I'm also a Santa Clausiest, a leprachauneist, a fairyeist, a ghosteist...

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

I'm quoting from YOUR OWN DEFINITION!!!!!

UNLESS YOU HAVE ABSOLUTE PROOF that there is no God, then you have FAITH you are correct.

That's not only belief but faith.

You are just trying to say it doesn't count for you, because you say it doesn't count.

You can't hold Christians to one standard and then say it doesn't count for you.

You still lose.

...<snip>...

Wrong, Since when did a non belief equal a belief. I don't believe in unicorns. That is not a belief. Seriously, think about what you write.

It implies that you have a belief that unicorns do not exist. It is not a non-belief.
Now you are getting ridiculous. It's like me saying you have a belief that a 71' Chevy Camaro inbedded in my armpit hair does not exist.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

I'm quoting from YOUR OWN DEFINITION!!!!!

UNLESS YOU HAVE ABSOLUTE PROOF that there is no God, then you have FAITH you are correct.

That's not only belief but faith.

You are just trying to say it doesn't count for you, because you say it doesn't count.

You can't hold Christians to one standard and then say it doesn't count for you.

You still lose.

Where do you dig up this fantasy that atheism is a belief "system"??? A system implies an integrated collections of beliefs - not one negation. Atheists share exactly one trait - they don't believe gods. That's it. Beyond that, their beliefs are all over the map. There is no system binding all atheists together as a unified religion. There are weird cults of all stripes in this world, and some of them are no doubt comprised of atheists. But that's a first year logical fallacy - just because some atheists make a religion out of their belief, doesn't mean all atheist do, and it doesn't make atheism a religion.

Forum List

Back