Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

Seriously, it sounds ridiculous when you say it.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms:faith, belief, worship, creed; More
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

It only sounds ridiculous to you because you want a free pass on what you condemn in others.

But atheism is a BELIEF SYSTEM!!!! You BELIEVE there is no God. Guess what! You just defeated your own argument with your definition.

You don't have absolute proof there is no God, SO YOU HAVE FAITH WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS CORRECT.

You lose, pal!

:lol:

Simply having beliefs, is not religion. Everyone has beliefs, but not everyone has religion.
Not everyone is religious. That doesn't mean their religion doesn't exist. Yours is Atheism if you believe deities do not exist.

If you simply have a non-belief in deities, you are agnostic....not Atheist.

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

It only sounds ridiculous to you because you want a free pass on what you condemn in others.

But atheism is a BELIEF SYSTEM!!!! You BELIEVE there is no God. Guess what! You just defeated your own argument with your definition.

You don't have absolute proof there is no God, SO YOU HAVE FAITH WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS CORRECT.

You lose, pal!

Simply having beliefs, is not religion. Everyone has beliefs, but not everyone has religion.
Not everyone is religious. That doesn't mean their religion doesn't exist. Yours is Atheism if you believe deities do not exist.

I guess your goal is to get more people using your custom definitions. Good luck with that.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

We don't believe. It isn't a belief system it's a non belief system. Much different. Do you believe in Leprechauns? Then that is your belief system?
Religions concern beliefs regarding deities. Believing that my car will start everyday forever is having faith in the battery, the starter, the spark plugs, the fuel and the motor. That's not religion.

I'll stick with the dictionary for my definition of religion. Religion is more than a single belief regarding deities. But you keep repeating your silliness. Maybe it'll catch on.

We don't believe. It isn't a belief system it's a non belief system. Much different. Do you believe in Leprechauns? Then that is your belief system?

Atheism is, by definition a belief. Agnosticism is not a word, therefore, by lack of definition, is not a belief.

Wrong again as usual.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.

So maybe in the narrow sense.

The other two sentences clearly say the rejection of belief and absence of belief. Dummy.

And abstinence is the sexual position of a non sexual position.

Wait...that doesn't make any sense. :whip:

Then you're not doing it right.

I'm certainly not doing it by choice. LOL!

Atheism is a choice to believe in nonsense.

You gotta be kidding me. How delusional you are.

I wasn't even talking about atheism, I was talking about abstinence. LOL!
I know that. I wrote it correctly.

Atheism is, by definition a belief. Agnosticism is not a word, therefore, by lack of definition, is not a belief.

Wrong again as usual.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.

The other two sentences clearly say the rejection of belief and absence of belief. Dummy.
Yeah that's fine too.

I will be calling atheism a religion. it seems like it is catching on all over.

Wrong again as usual.

Yeah that's fine too.

Sure. It just depends on who you're talking to. And how you want to be perceived.

Wrong again as usual.

Yeah that's fine too.

It's actually not.

It actually makes you religious extremists appear even more desperate and, well, pathetic.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

There's no belief required to conclude your gods are of myth and legend.

It's your anger directed at those who conclude your gods don't exist that causes you such angst. While you may harbor deep seated hatreds for those who reject your gods, the majority of the planet are a-theistic regarding your version of gods. Learn to let go of the hate that causes you to behave in such a childish and petulant manner.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

Religions concern beliefs regarding deities. Believing that my car will start everyday forever is having faith in the battery, the starter, the spark plugs, the fuel and the motor. That's not religion.
Religion, (depending on the brand), is often the belief in supernaturalism and mysticism as the engine that drives existence. There is no religion associated with rejecting supernaturalism and mysticism. It is only you supernaturalists who have a difficult time with separating your beliefs in magic with rational and reasoned conclusions rejecting your appeals to magic, fear and superstition.

Wrong again as usual.

Yeah that's fine too.

It's actually not.

It actually makes you religious extremists appear even more desperate and, well, pathetic.

Well, that's what I was referring to regarding how you want to be perceived.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

It's your anger directed at those who conclude your gods don't exist that causes you such angst. While you may harbor deep seated hatreds for those who reject your gods, the majority of the planet are a-theistic regarding your version of gods. Learn to let go of the hate that causes you to behave in such a childish and petulant manner.
You are quite mistaken to think that you Atheists drive anyone to hatred. You overrate yourself. If it doesn't take belief to conclude that God doesn't exist, then you must have some proof somewhere. Where is it? Contrary to what you wish, your assertion that God does not exist takes faith on your part...just as it takes faith on my part to claim you are wrong. There is no iron clad proof either way that I am aware of. If you come up with any, please let me know. You faith in the belief that God does not exist is no different from my faith that He does. Your belief is a religious one just as is mine.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

You are quite mistaken to think that you Atheists drive anyone to hatred. You overrate yourself. If it doesn't take belief to conclude that God doesn't exist, then you must have some proof somewhere. Where is it? Contrary to what you wish, your assertion that God does not exist takes faith on your part...just as it takes faith on my part to claim you are wrong. There is no iron clad proof either way that I am aware of. If you come up with any, please let me know. You faith in the belief that God does not exist is no different from my faith that He does. Your belief is a religious one just as is mine.

You wish.

"f it doesn't take belief to conclude that God doesn't exist, then you must have some proof somewhere. Where is it?"

This fails as an appeal to ignorance fallacy.

Lack of evidence that something doesn't exist doesn't 'prove' that it does, nor is it a 'belief' to acknowledge that lack of evidence.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

As your comments have been refuted as erroneous and falsely derived, one can only conclude that your fundamentalist beliefs have caused you to blur objective reality with your fears and superstitions.

That's a syndrome not uncommon to religions / cults whose adherents are taught that all those outside the religion / cult are a danger to the cult's existence.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You lose, pal!

Yours is a failed argument that is typical for angry fundamentalists. You're unable to argue affirmatively for your belief in magic and superstition. Because you cannot make a rational argument for ancient myths, you're left to make goofy utterances that others must "disprove" your nonsensical musings.

"f it doesn't take belief to conclude that God doesn't exist, then you must have some proof somewhere. Where is it?"

This fails as an appeal to ignorance fallacy.

Lack of evidence that something doesn't exist doesn't 'prove' that it does, nor is it a 'belief' to acknowledge that lack of evidence.
Acknowledging a lack of evidence for a posit is not equivalent to acknowledging the posit either way (that it is true or not true). Having a posit (either way) without evidence of its being true constitutes a belief.

No wonder you are confused.

You lose, pal!

As your comments have been refuted as erroneous and falsely derived, one can only conclude that your fundamentalist beliefs have caused you to blur objective reality with your fears and superstitions.

That's a syndrome not uncommon to religions / cults whose adherents are taught that all those outside the religion / cult are a danger to the cult's existence.
Apparently, you don't read much else other than what you write yourself. I am far from being a fundie....and I have few fears, no superstitions.

If that is your only conclusion, you have overlooked reality.

You lose, pal!

Yours is a failed argument that is typical for angry fundamentalists. You're unable to argue affirmatively for your belief in magic and superstition. Because you cannot make a rational argument for ancient myths, you're left to make goofy utterances that others must "disprove" your nonsensical musings.
Mistaken again you are. I didn't ask you to disprove. I merely pointed out that proof or disproof does not exist on either side....so claiming either side is done on faith alone. You have faith one way, I have faith the other. We each have faith that our belief is correct.

Apparently, you don't read much else other than what you write yourself. I am far from being a fundie....and I have few fears, no superstitions.

If that is your only conclusion, you have overlooked reality.
As your world is haunted by angry gods, it's actually you who is reality challenged.

Forum List

Back