Atheism Is Not A Religion!!!

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

Seriously, it sounds ridiculous when you say it.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms:faith, belief, worship, creed; More
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You should try being honest for once maybe, and post the ENTIRE defintion

Full Definition of RELIGION
a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion>

b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

number 4 certainly covers the militant atheists out there.

Have you noticed that every time you disagree with me, you are wrong?

You wish.

And no it doesn't. What we have is a lack of faith. Religion relies on faith. .
And an Atheist has Faith in their conviction that there is no God.

In fact to have come to that conclusion independently - that is - for someone who was not raised as an Atheist - an Atheist deserves some respect as a free thinker - assuming their Atheism is not based on socio-fascist / Marxist / Communist Religions of intolerance.

It is NOT a religion, and if you keep saying it is, I'm going to start my own tax exempt church, and start pounding on your door at dinner time.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

I posted almost the same reply b4 I saw yours - nice post

You both are mentally challenged.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You wish.

In fact to have come to that conclusion independently - that is - for someone who was not raised as an Atheist - an Atheist deserves some respect as a free thinker - assuming their Atheism is not based on socio-fascist / Marxist / Communist Religions of intolerance.

Well, that's bullshit. I don't have faith that there is no God. I have no proof, one way or the other. As a matter of fact, if I had some evidence pointing towards there being a God, I would certainly weigh the evidence.

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You cut that link off short here's the rest...

synonyms:faith, belief, worship, creed;
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
    • a particular system of faith and worship.
      plural noun: religions
      "the world's great religions"
    • a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance. "consumerism is the new religion"
The last one seems to fit fanatical Atheism to tee - So by some definitions Atheism can be considered a Religion

Consumerism isn't a religion either. Had I know this was going to be so difficult for people, I would have spent more time finding a better definition of religion. And there are better definitions out there.

God would have done a much better job of proving he exists if he existed.

See, you would have to believe the Old and New Testaments are authentic in order to believe what you believe. Just look at Muslims. 500 years ago they had access to the bible and they decided to write their own religion. Mormons too. Christianity is just another religion. Everyone thinks their book is the best.

Think about it. Your spin says that we have to believe your unbelievable stories or go to hell. Believe and go to heaven. The entire story is so clearly written by primitive men in ancient times. Very clever in fact George Carlin called it the greatest bullshit story of all time.

Why should God prove He exists? Has anyone on this forum ever demanded you prove that you exist? How can I know you are not a chat bot? You certainly wouldn't pass a Touring test unless you suddenly develop actual intelligence to respond to people.

God doesn't give a rats ass whether you believe in him/her or not.

This life is merely a learning experience for the spiritual being attached to it. A stepping stone on the path to ultimate Karma and absorption into the Godhead. Either that or we all drop dead and cease to exist.
I prefer to believe the first scenario because as in the words of the fellow who invented Jesus "Eat Drink and be Merry for tomorrow we Die" - St. Paul Apollonius

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You cut that link off short here's the rest...

synonyms:faith, belief, worship, creed;
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]
    • a particular system of faith and worship.
      plural noun: religions
      "the world's great religions"
    • a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance. "consumerism is the new religion"
The last one seems to fit fanatical Atheism to tee - So by some definitions Atheism can be considered a Religion

Consumerism isn't a religion either. Had I know this was going to be so difficult for people, I would have spent more time finding a better definition of religion. And there are better definitions out there.

That was not MY wording "consumerism" .....that was googles definition - argue with them. It comes from the same link which you cut short in the opening of this thread - lol

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You wish.

Well, that's bullshit. I don't have faith that there is no God. I have no proof, one way or the other. As a matter of fact, if I had some evidence pointing towards there being a God, I would certainly weigh the evidence.

I don't have faith that there is no God. I have no proof, one way or the other. As a matter of fact, if I had some evidence pointing towards there being a God, I would certainly weigh the evidence.

Then you are an agnostic not an atheist - there's a difference.

An Atheist is adamant in their Faith that there is no God , while an agnostic questions the existence of God but has no faith that there is or isn't a God.

So basically you just lost the debate - but you gained some essential and useful insights - regards and have a good night - don't forget ...If you should die before you wake - I pray the Lord your soul to take. Regards and sleep tight

Last edited:

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

Yes ...uh huh ... I think I see it clearly now . Its the rest of the World that is ill and you are the only sane one ...okay. That is what the voices in your head are telling you isn't it ?

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

You wish.

I don't have faith that there is no God. I have no proof, one way or the other. As a matter of fact, if I had some evidence pointing towards there being a God, I would certainly weigh the evidence.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to define me. I'm an atheist because I don't live my life as if a God exists.

You wish.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to define me. I'm an atheist because I don't live my life as if a God exists.

I'm sorry but you don't get to rewrite the English Language and .... I DON'T THINK ANYONE CAN DEFINE YOU - THERE'S NO WORD FOR IT - SLEEP TIGHT

re·li·gion
riˈlijən/
noun
    [TBODY] [/TBODY]

Yes ...uh huh ... I think I see it clearly now . Its the rest of the World that is ill and you are the only sane one ...okay. That is what the voices in your head are telling you isn't it ?

Well, compared to you and your mentally challenged friend I would say I'm the sane one, yes.

You wish.

I'm sorry but you don't get to rewrite the English Language and .... I DON'T THINK ANYONE CAN DEFINE YOU - THERE'S NO WORD FOR IT - SLEEP TIGHT

Maybe you can tell us what exactly atheists worship.

See, you would have to believe the Old and New Testaments are authentic in order to believe what you believe. Just look at Muslims. 500 years ago they had access to the bible and they decided to write their own religion. Mormons too. Christianity is just another religion. Everyone thinks their book is the best.

Think about it. Your spin says that we have to believe your unbelievable stories or go to hell. Believe and go to heaven. The entire story is so clearly written by primitive men in ancient times. Very clever in fact George Carlin called it the greatest bullshit story of all time.

Why should God prove He exists? Has anyone on this forum ever demanded you prove that you exist? How can I know you are not a chat bot? You certainly wouldn't pass a Touring test unless you suddenly develop actual intelligence to respond to people.

God doesn't give a rats ass whether you believe in him/her or not.

This life is merely a learning experience for the spiritual being attached to it. A stepping stone on the path to ultimate Karma and absorption into the Godhead. Either that or we all drop dead and cease to exist.
I prefer to believe the first scenario because as in the words of the fellow who invented Jesus "Eat Drink and be Merry for tomorrow we Die" - St. Paul Apollonius

Huh, ultimate Karma and absorption into a Godhead??? What the hey? :biggrin:

star-trek-alien-big-head-300x209.jpg

Prachet said he said "no one is going to hell who isn't choosing to go there"
that is true....I did say that.....I have said it many times......I do so because that is what the scriptures tell me.....

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

what happens to the condemned I do not know....the same passage says...." that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. "

what it means to "perish" instead of having eternal life, I do not have the answer to......however, since it does not apply to me I will leave that to those who look forward to it instead of spending eternity with "schmucks"......

not if he didn't intend to prove he exists....
Let's think about this shall we. If god existed and he had the power to let every single living person know he exists but intended not to let anyone know he existed knowing very well that billions of other people believed in other religions and gods or in no gods at all, yet he choses to remain silent so they can all spend an eternity in pain and suffering, I ask you what kind of god is that? That is not a caring and loving god. That is worse than all the despotic psycopaths and murderers that ever existed. Hitler is a kitten compared to him.

I would say that is a pretty good indication that if there is a God, then this particular description is wrong.

Is worship a requirement for religion?

I will try this one last time. PM refers to as an unpleasant place where people go. That is the concept I am responding to. If you want to consider other concepts, be my guess. You are free to mock anything that you wish and I am free not to care

Except he says he didn't. Frankly, I believe his recollection over yours.

what was actually written is right there to see and one need not depend upon memories.
then point to it......

Which part of that do you deny saying? Do you deny you referred to hell as a place where you go? Do you deny you indicated it is unpleasant? Let me know which and I will provide you with the quotes where you said it.

why?.....are you fresh out of pointless things to occupy your time?......hell is the antithesis of heaven.......if heaven is pleasant, the antithesis must be unpleasant.....is heaven a "place", is hell a "place"?........is either six miles north of somewhere?.....does it literally have a gate?.......

Prachet said he said "no one is going to hell who isn't choosing to go there"
that is true....I did say that.....I have said it many times......I do so because that is what the scriptures tell me.....

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

what happens to the condemned I do not know....the same passage says...." that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. "

what it means to "perish" instead of having eternal life, I do not have the answer to......however, since it does not apply to me I will leave that to those who look forward to it instead of spending eternity with "schmucks"......

not if he didn't intend to prove he exists....
Let's think about this shall we. If god existed and he had the power to let every single living person know he exists but intended not to let anyone know he existed knowing very well that billions of other people believed in other religions and gods or in no gods at all, yet he choses to remain silent so they can all spend an eternity in pain and suffering, I ask you what kind of god is that? That is not a caring and loving god. That is worse than all the despotic psycopaths and murderers that ever existed. Hitler is a kitten compared to him.
if you believed that you would be foolish to love him.......of course, I'm not saying your belief is anywhere near accurate or even logical, but that is obviously the choice you've made......

I will try this one last time. PM refers to as an unpleasant place where people go. That is the concept I am responding to. If you want to consider other concepts, be my guess. You are free to mock anything that you wish and I am free not to care

Except he says he didn't. Frankly, I believe his recollection over yours.

what was actually written is right there to see and one need not depend upon memories.
then point to it......

Which part of that do you deny saying? Do you deny you referred to hell as a place where you go? Do you deny you indicated it is unpleasant? Let me know which and I will provide you with the quotes where you said it.

why?.....are you fresh out of pointless things to occupy your time?......hell is the antithesis of heaven.......if heaven is pleasant, the antithesis must be unpleasant.....is heaven a "place", is hell a "place"?........is either six miles north of somewhere?.....does it literally have a gate?.......

I don't believe in the place, so I am not saying what it is. I am only going on what you have said. You have said people go there and that it is unpleasant. You used the phrase in one post "doomed to an eternity in hell" which doesn't sound fun to me. I can only assume you are expressing what you think rather than just typing random words. But it does appear you deny none of what I wrote, so we are back to my original statement about holding a gun to your head.

I reject your concept of God and I choose not to go to hell. If you think I am going to hell regardless of my choice not to, then it is obviously not my choice.

Usually, yes. A community center powered by karaoke, kindness and cake is not a house of worship.

Usually, yes. A community center powered by karaoke, kindness and cake is not a house of worship.

Non sequitur aside, "usually" is not a requirement. "Always" is a requirement. "Must" is a requirement. So I ask again, is worship a requirement for religion?

Forum List

Back