Atheism's big LIE

Unlike you I believe it's not my place to tell other people what to think.
That's a convenient excuse. No one is telling you to tell others what to think. I am telling you that your silence of intolerance is your endorsement of intolerance.

Be that as it may, I'll continue linking you to intolerant posts so you can't say you never saw any as you have repeatedly claimed.

Personally I hope America does forget God so they can experience a godless society.
no worries, christianity, the crucifiers have been godless from the beginning and extol their duplicity. and as you claim the more you pervert the innocent to your bible the more likely you will reach your goal.
Dude, you had rightwinger Grumblenuts and Blues Man at hello.
Dude, you had @rightwinger @Grumblenuts and @Blues Man at hello.
no, you just assume your own guilt ... without remorse and think you are dragging them to the curbside - its odd how christians can become so arrogant and filled with such immunity from the good side of life ...
View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025
what makes a christian's skin craw off their back. bing.
No. I think those guys are in total agreement with you. I'm almost certain they would agree with your latest comments about Christians.

You should PM them and form a coalition against Christians.
You aren't qualified to say what I would or would not agree with.

I don't care which gods you worship on your own time.
When I hear a categorical denial from you, I'll change my position.
That pretty much was a categorical denial.

But how's this one

I don't give a single fuck which gods you worship.
No. It wasn't.

And that wasn't the question. The question was do you agree with Breezewood's assessment of Christianity.

I don't really care what his opinions on Christianity are.

Just like I don't care what gods you choose to worship
Which is why my position still stands.
You have no position that allows you to tell me what I think
Right. But I can go by what you DON'T say and DON'T do. You DON'T oppose attacks on the beliefs of Christians. None of the atheists who regularly post here do.

What you call an attack I call another person's opinion.

Obviously you don't read his posts. And if you do then you are proving my point of your endorsement.

I don't usually read each and every post in a thread. I tend to only read ones where I am very recent in the quote tree

Personally I hope America does forget God so they can experience a godless society.
no worries, christianity, the crucifiers have been godless from the beginning and extol their duplicity. and as you claim the more you pervert the innocent to your bible the more likely you will reach your goal.
no, you just assume your own guilt ... without remorse and think you are dragging them to the curbside - its odd how christians can become so arrogant and filled with such immunity from the good side of life ...
View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025
No. I think those guys are in total agreement with you. I'm almost certain they would agree with your latest comments about Christians.

But how's this one

No. It wasn't.

And that wasn't the question. The question was do you agree with Breezewood's assessment of Christianity.

Right. But I can go by what you DON'T say and DON'T do. You DON'T oppose attacks on the beliefs of Christians. None of the atheists who regularly post here do.

Obviously you don't read his posts. And if you do then you are proving my point of your endorsement.

I don't usually read each and every post in a thread. I tend to only read ones where I am very recent in the quote tree
Good, then I'll make sure you get invited so you can't claim ignorance.

That's a convenient excuse. No one is telling you to tell others what to think. I am telling you that your silence of intolerance is your endorsement of intolerance.

Be that as it may, I'll continue linking you to intolerant posts so you can't say you never saw any as you have repeatedly claimed.

In my experience religious people can also be pretty intolerant.

And really if one wants to establish a mindset of tolerance doesn't one also have to tolerate the intolerance of others?

View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025

But how's this one

No. It wasn't.

Good, then I'll make sure you get invited so you can't claim ignorance.

Do whatever you want.

And really if one wants to establish a mindset of tolerance doesn't one also have to tolerate the intolerance of others?
Sure. Some religious people can be intolerant.

I disagree that if one wants to establish a mindset of tolerance that one has to tolerate the intolerance of others.

I disagree that if one wants to establish a mindset of tolerance that one has to tolerate the intolerance of others.

You cannot be tolerant and intolerant at the same time.

Would a tolerant person tolerate the rape of a woman?

I'm guessing that's a no. So apparently one can.

The definition of tolerate is to allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.

A crime against a person is not the same as an opinion regarding a religion or the thoughts another may have on a given subject.

Another person's opinion does you no physical harm whatsoever.

So you might want to try an apples to apples comparison rather than an apples to orangutans comparison.

You have a choice in how neat you want your yard
You have a choice of attending services.

People attending a public event are not given a choice if they want to hear a Biblical passage.
I saw no need for it and I considered a waste of my time and money. And since most town meetings were held in the evenings I didn't want to spend one second longer in attendance than I absolutely had to.
Your biggest complaint is prayer at a public meeting?

And, there may not have a choice on whether someone must drive by my yard. My point is, it would be a petty complaint. Complaining about a short prayer that is meaningful to many is also petty.

People attending a public event are not given a choice if they want to hear a Biblical passage.
I saw no need for it and I considered a waste of my time and money. And since most town meetings were held in the evenings I didn't want to spend one second longer in attendance than I absolutely had to.

And, there may not have a choice on whether someone must drive by my yard. My point is, it would be a petty complaint. Complaining about a short prayer that is meaningful to many is also petty.

All those "short " prayers add up to a lot of wasted time and money over 30 years. And a town meeting has absolutely no relationship to what you do in your yard.

And i don't think prayers are all that meaningful.

A crime against a person is not the same as an opinion regarding a religion or the thoughts another may have on a given subject.

So you might want to try an apples to apples comparison rather than an apples to orangutans comparison.
When it comes to defining tolerance it most certainly is an apples to apples comparison. You don't like the comparison because it reveals that not everything should be tolerated. So getting back to the point of the conversation should religious intolerance be tolerated. I say no.

All those "short " prayers add up to a lot of wasted time and money over 30 years. And a town meeting has absolutely no relationship to what you do in your yard.

Is meditation meaningless? No. Neither is prayer. If done properly it alters the fabric of ones existence just as meditation does. I find you to be intolerant of anything that you don't endorse.

The Stoics are especially known for teaching that "virtue is the only good" for human beings. Being intolerant of things one should not be intolerant of is not virtuous. It is the exact opposite of virtue. The Stoics also held that certain destructive emotions resulted from errors of judgment, and they believed people should aim to maintain a will (called prohairesis) that is "in accordance with nature". Because of this, the Stoics thought the best indication of an individual's philosophy was not what a person said but how a person behaved. To live a good life, one had to understand the rules of the natural order since they thought everything was rooted in nature.

When it comes to defining tolerance it most certainly is an apples to apples comparison. You don't like the comparison because it reveals that not everything should be tolerated. So getting back to the point of the conversation should religious intolerance be tolerated. I say no.

your a joke christian ... run from the truth all you like -
1623079858248.png

the history of christianity is uninterrupted since the 4th century, no one believes you are innocent of their crimes you are a crucifier no different than the corrupt book you worship. your choice to join that "religion".

The definition of persecution is the act or practice of persecuting especially those who differ in origin, religion, or social outlook; the condition of being persecuted, harassed, or annoyed.

One person finds something (other than prayer) meaningful. The second person does not. Should the position of not finding something meaningful trump the position of finding that thing meaningful?

Most prayers last less than a minute. You can't give your fellow man that much time? Your own business is that important that a minute causes actual damage to you/your business?

One person finds something (other than prayer) meaningful. The second person does not. Should the position of not finding something meaningful trump the position of finding that thing meaningful?
It should when one person is forcing another person to engage in public prayer.

If you want to pray on your own, it is none of my business.
But if you want to force the Government to engage in public prayer, it becomes my business

Forum List

Back