Atheism's big LIE

How are those pesky godbotherers forcing their beliefs on others exactly
Public prayer during meetings/ Invocations
Restrictions on Sunday business
Adding “One Nation under God” to the pledge
Adding “In God we Trust” to our money
You forgot to add they say God bless you when you sneeze.

How are any of those things forcing their beliefs on you? Are you being forced to participate? Is someone holding you down and water boarding you until you pray?

Are you being forced to say the pledge of allegiance? Is someone holding a gun to your head?

I can see why you are so upset over those godbotherers forcing you to do all of those things. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that since you DON"T believe in God that no one is actually forcing that belief upon you.
If these things are done in public forums then everyone is being forced to pay for them one way or another via their taxes.

Public buildings public funds etc should not be used for religious ceremony.

If you want to pray then you foot the bill for the venue.

Public officials are not paid to lead people in prayer they are paid to do a particular job.
That's a ridiculous argument for religion is being forced upon you. When you have to sit through a prayer let me know.
I've had to quite a few times when I was dealing with zoning variances and other bullshit.
Such as?
Let's see countless Our Fathers, Quite a few Hail Marys and many other pleas and benedictions.

None of which were needed in order for those town officials to do their jobs
I think you are exaggerating. How many times did that happen? And how many times didn't that happen?

Over the 30 years I was dealing with building inspectors and zoning officers it happened a lot.

Excuse me for not taking and keeping an exact tally.

Personally I hope America does forget God so they can experience a godless society.
no worries, christianity, the crucifiers have been godless from the beginning and extol their duplicity. and as you claim the more you pervert the innocent to your bible the more likely you will reach your goal.
Dude, you had rightwinger Grumblenuts and Blues Man at hello.
Dude, you had @rightwinger @Grumblenuts and @Blues Man at hello.
no, you just assume your own guilt ... without remorse and think you are dragging them to the curbside - its odd how christians can become so arrogant and filled with such immunity from the good side of life ...
View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025
what makes a christian's skin craw off their back. bing.
No. I think those guys are in total agreement with you. I'm almost certain they would agree with your latest comments about Christians.

You should PM them and form a coalition against Christians.
You aren't qualified to say what I would or would not agree with.

I don't care which gods you worship on your own time.
When I hear a categorical denial from you, I'll change my position.
That pretty much was a categorical denial.

But how's this one

I don't give a single fuck which gods you worship.

How are any of those things forcing their beliefs on you? Are you being forced to participate? Is someone holding you down and water boarding you until you pray?

Are you being forced to say the pledge of allegiance? Is someone holding a gun to your head?

I can see why you are so upset over those godbotherers forcing you to do all of those things. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that since you DON"T believe in God that no one is actually forcing that belief upon you.
If these things are done in public forums then everyone is being forced to pay for them one way or another via their taxes.

Public officials are not paid to lead people in prayer they are paid to do a particular job.
That's a ridiculous argument for religion is being forced upon you. When you have to sit through a prayer let me know.
I've had to quite a few times when I was dealing with zoning variances and other bullshit.
Such as?
Let's see countless Our Fathers, Quite a few Hail Marys and many other pleas and benedictions.

I think you are exaggerating. How many times did that happen? And how many times didn't that happen?

Over the 30 years I was dealing with building inspectors and zoning officers it happened a lot.

I wouldn't have expected you to keep an exact tally, but the phrase "a lot" is a subjective term and has no relation to the times it DIDN'T happen.

I suspect you are embellishing the truth.

Such as?

I wouldn't have expected you to keep an exact tally, but the phrase "a lot" is a subjective term and has no relation to the times it DIDN'T happen.

Since i lived in the bible belt I can assure that nearly every town meeting started with some sort of payers

Personally I hope America does forget God so they can experience a godless society.
no worries, christianity, the crucifiers have been godless from the beginning and extol their duplicity. and as you claim the more you pervert the innocent to your bible the more likely you will reach your goal.
no, you just assume your own guilt ... without remorse and think you are dragging them to the curbside - its odd how christians can become so arrogant and filled with such immunity from the good side of life ...
View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025
No. I think those guys are in total agreement with you. I'm almost certain they would agree with your latest comments about Christians.

But how's this one

No. It wasn't.

And that wasn't the question. The question was do you agree with Breezewood's assessment of Christianity.

Such as?

Since i lived in the bible belt I can assure that nearly every town meeting started with some sort of payers
I call bullshit on that.

View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025

But how's this one

No. It wasn't.

And that wasn't the question. The question was do you agree with Breezewood's assessment of Christianity.

I don't really care what his opinions on Christianity are.

Just like I don't care what gods you choose to worship

When they are on my dime they should be doing their jobs. Although there really is no reason to ask for divine assistance on zoning regulations the choices are usually pretty clear already.
Tell me why a short prayer is so painful and irritating to you.

View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025

But how's this one

No. It wasn't.

Which is why my position still stands.

When they are on my dime they should be doing their jobs. Although there really is no reason to ask for divine assistance on zoning regulations the choices are usually pretty clear already.
Mostly because it assumes the audience has Christian beliefs. It is also a condescending attempt to push those beliefs on a captive audience

View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025

But how's this one

No. It wasn't.

You know... I hear that claim a lot but don't know what it means in actuality.

How are those pesky godbotherers forcing their beliefs on others exactly?

the answer provided is historical documentation of the uninterrupted history of persecution and victimization of the innocent by christianity, the desert religions ... your denial is without merit.

your question, as everyone knows, is purely rhetorical pandering.

your "chosen" religion - the christian bible - the refusal for remediation is the issue for those individuals to this day who continue their nefarious pursuits they unwittingly force onto those that do not adhere to their blind injustice. the prosecution of the crucifiers christianity represents.

Mostly because it assumes the audience has Christian beliefs. It is also a condescending attempt to push those beliefs on a captive audience
I keep a neat, pretty yard. Am I pushing mowing and gardening on everyone who passes by? What about when I am in out in public with my telephoto lens? Am I pushing photography on people? I have been where Muslims are washing their feet. Are they pushing the rest of us to wash our feet?

If people who start the meeting wish to start with a prayer, it doesn't mean you must pray with them. Praying in public is not about pushing beliefs anymore than growing a flower is pushing gardening on you.

View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025

But how's this one

No. It wasn't.

You know... I hear that claim a lot but don't know what it means in actuality.

How are those pesky godbotherers forcing their beliefs on others exactly?

the answer provided is historical documentation of the uninterrupted history of persecution and victimization of the innocent by christianity, the desert religions ... your denial is without merit.

your question, as everyone knows, is purely rhetorical pandering.

your "chosen" religion - the christian bible - the refusal for remediation is the issue for those individuals to this day who continue their nefarious pursuits they unwittingly force onto those that do not adhere to their blind injustice. the prosecution of the crucifiers christianity represents.
You had them at hello.

I saw no need for it and I considered a waste of my time and money. And since most town meetings were held in the evenings I didn't want to spend one second longer in attendance than I absolutely had to.

View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025

But how's this one

No. It wasn't.

You have no position that allows you to tell me what I think

I keep a neat, pretty yard. Am I pushing mowing and gardening on everyone who passes by? What about when I am in out in public with my telephoto lens? Am I pushing photography on people? I have been where Muslims are washing their feet. Are they pushing the rest of us to wash our feet?

If people who start the meeting wish to start with a prayer, it doesn't mean you must pray with them. Praying in public is not about pushing beliefs anymore than growing a flower is pushing gardening on you.
There is no analogy there whatsoever.

People are not required to come to your home in order to do business with town officials.

You are not receiving tax dollars for your work in your garden.

And you can pray in public all you want. and Once again that has nothing to do with government officials leading a prayer at a town meeting

View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025

But how's this one

No. It wasn't.

Right. But I can go by what you DON'T say and DON'T do. You DON'T oppose attacks on the beliefs of Christians. None of the atheists who regularly post here do.

You have a choice in how neat you want your yard
You have a choice of attending services.

People attending a public event are not given a choice if they want to hear a Biblical passage.

View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025

But how's this one

No. It wasn't.

Right. But I can go by what you DON'T say and DON'T do. You DON'T oppose attacks on the beliefs of Christians. None of the atheists who regularly post here do.

What you call an attack I call another person's opinion.

Unlike you I believe it's not my place to tell other people what to think.

View attachment 498024
your godless society ...
View attachment 498025

But how's this one

No. It wasn't.

What you call an attack I call another person's opinion.

Unlike you I believe it's not my place to tell other people what to think.
Obviously you don't read his posts. And if you do then you are proving my point of your endorsement.

Forum List

Back