Atheist

Atheist sure put a lot of time, money and effort in denouncing a God they claim doesn't exist.

Why is that?

Why does something that's believed to be nonsense get these people so worked up?

These people are the epitome of cowardice IMO. They seem to only go after Christians. I've yet to see them challenge the Muslims on their beliefs.

I am an atheist and do none of these things. Neither do any of the other aethiests that I know, we just want to be left alone in what we do not believe in, and do not want lectures and arguments from religious people. Arguments that they will lose.

You know how people paint all Christians with the same brush when one Christian screws up?

This is the same thing. Deal with it.

If you're not guilty of what I described then it wasn't about you.

Don't want a lecture? Don't listen. Walk away. Cover your ears. Or are you afraid that they may say something that convinces you they are right?

I hear shit all the time I don't like or believe but I would never try to silence those people from espousing their views.

You atheists are the ones who should shut the fuck up! 70% of the people support prayer in schools, Ten Commandments in Courthouses, Crosses anywhere, etc.......

20% don't care either way so you can't count them.
That leaves a mere 10% screaming like spoiled children to have their way.
You Lefty Liberals are all for DEMOCRACY until it doesn't support your ideas, then you scream something else!
YOU ARE DISGUSTING
!!

100% of the Constitution is what I care about and so should you.

You already have hundreds of thousands of tax free buildings. You don't need schools and court houses too.

You sure have that wrong.

Christians put alot of time and money into evangelizing. When they are not doing that, they are trying to force you to convert. When they are not doing that, they are killing folks that don't.

And when they are not doing that? They are claiming to be the victim.

Christians were commissioned by Jesus to go spread his teachings to all the nations of the world.

Why are you deflecting from my questions?

Are you saying that atheist do not spend money, time and effort denouncing God and/or Christianity? These billboards are what then? A figment of our imaginations?

Most of us do not, you are mistaking the extremes for the norm.

How in the hell can you speak for MOST of the atheist?!? Do you know them all?

Which you haven't done. What book do I use anyway? The bottom line is that if you say there is no God you have to demonstrate a secular cause. If you can't then you are making a statement of faith.

There is observational evidence in the Big Bang theory. There is none in your God. That God comes from a fictional book.
I believe in the Big Bang. I don't get your point. You do know that the term was one of derision given the Georges Lemaitre, a Roman Catholic priest and astrophysicist. The "consensus" of the day was a steady state universe and they thought he was trying to fit his beliefs of a creation into science.

It doesn't require faith. That was the point. Observational evidence.

Actually, there have been times when the Catholic church has embraced science-historically. Other times, not so much. Not sure where you are going with that.

You sure have that wrong.

Christians put alot of time and money into evangelizing. When they are not doing that, they are trying to force you to convert. When they are not doing that, they are killing folks that don't.

And when they are not doing that? They are claiming to be the victim.

Christians were commissioned by Jesus to go spread his teachings to all the nations of the world.

Why are you deflecting from my questions?

Are you saying that atheist do not spend money, time and effort denouncing God and/or Christianity? These billboards are what then? A figment of our imaginations?

Most of the billboards that you see in America dealing with religion are theist billboards.

That's why they are bought and paid for by Atheist .org.

:cuckoo:

The vast number of atheist which are only 1.6% of the population have little interest in Christmas. What little atheist have to say about Christmas is amplified a thousand fold by those who claim to be Christians, over 70% of the population. If it wasn't for Christian conservative media, most people would never hear anything about atheist protests over Christmas.

Jews represent 1.8 percent of the population and you don't hear them whining.

Can't hear them over the whining from the christians.

That's right. we've been silent too long.

Now it's time to put you idiots in your place and teach you about religious freedom.

Atheist sure put a lot of time, money and effort in denouncing a God they claim doesn't exist.

Why is that?

Why does something that's believed to be nonsense get these people so worked up?

These people are the epitome of cowardice IMO. They seem to only go after Christians. I've yet to see them challenge the Muslims on their beliefs.

I am an atheist and do none of these things. Neither do any of the other aethiests that I know, we just want to be left alone in what we do not believe in, and do not want lectures and arguments from religious people. Arguments that they will lose.

You know how people paint all Christians with the same brush when one Christian screws up?

Don't want a lecture? Don't listen. Walk away. Cover your ears. Or are you afraid that they may say something that convinces you they are right?

I hear shit all the time I don't like or believe but I would never try to silence those people from espousing their views.

Why do some christians think its okay to bully and push and shove and get nasty? Jesus would be so ashamed of some of those who say they follow him but apparently believe just the opposite of what he preached.

Jews represent 1.8 percent of the population and you don't hear them whining.

Can't hear them over the whining from the christians.

That's right. we've been silent too long.

Now it's time to put you idiots in your place and teach you about religious freedom.

People like you, Avatar, Gysmis, Vigilante - so full of hate. You all sound like you're just moments away from going postal.

Why do some christians think its okay to bully and push and shove and get nasty? Jesus would be so ashamed of some of those who say they follow him but apparently believe just the opposite of what he preached.

For the same reason that all types of people bully and push and shove and get nasty. Some people are assholes.

Yes He would.

For the same reason that all types of people bully and push and shove and get nasty. Some people are assholes.

Yes He would.

Up until now, I would never have thought you would call yourself a "christian". You're always so full of hate for other human beings and so incredibly nasty.

"All types of people" do not bully and push and shove and get nasty. But look at the posts by you, Gysmis, Avatar, vigilante and others who are so consumed by their hate, I wonder how they can function.

Whatever. You all are welcome to this anti-human being belief you call christianity but I'll say it again - your Jesus, your god would be ashamed.

Yes He would.

Up until now, I would never have thought you would call yourself a "christian". You're always so full of hate for other human beings and so incredibly nasty.

"All types of people" do not bully and push and shove and get nasty. But look at the posts by you, Gysmis, Avatar, vigilante and others who are so consumed by their hate, I wonder how they can function.

Whatever. You all are welcome to this anti-human being belief you call christianity but I'll say it again - your Jesus, your god would be ashamed.

I don't believe I've ever actually called myself a Christian.

I hate no one. I do hate some peoples actions and yes I can get nasty and mean.

I had no idea you were so perfectly polite and never rude, never called people names. It must be nice to be so prefect.

You have no idea what Jesus or God would think of me.

I do, but you don't.

Yes He would.

I had no idea you were so perfectly polite and never rude, never called people names. It must be nice to be so prefect.

I do, but you don't.

How would you know that if you refuse to declare you are a Christian?
Why would you publicly deny them?

I do, but you don't.

How would I know what exactly?

I haven't refused anything nor have I offered anything.

Just who is it than I'm denying?

I do, but you don't.

You said you would know what Jesus and God would think of you.
How, if you refuse to acknowledge them?
Jesus said that was an act of denial.
Why do you hate Jesus?

You said you would know what Jesus and God would think of you.
How, if you refuse to acknowledge them?
Jesus said that was an act of denial.
Why do you hate Jesus?

And I do know.

When did I ever say I refused to acknowledge them?

When did Jesus say that and how? Did he call you on the phone, email you, text message?

When did I say I hated Jesus?

not really....

I think they just need to speak up to shut the theists up

This is a forum for people to express their ideas and beliefs in terms of their spirituality. Why come here and poo over everyone that does? That is just plain disrespectful. And I know, those of faith can and have also been disrespectful as well. Not all of them turn the other cheek.

It's not like they are showing up at your home knocking at your door. This is a public forum for people to exchange ideas.

What makes you think that atheists are not spiritual?

Where does it say that only christians' ideas and beliefs can be discussed?

This is a public forum for people to exchange ideas.

The big difference is that atheists don't proselytize and preach that their way is the only way.

Hard to be spiritual if you deny the Spirit exists.

If you believe in the Spirit, you aren't as atheistic as you want people to think.

You atheists are the ones who should shut the fuck up! 70% of the people support prayer in schools, Ten Commandments in Courthouses, Crosses anywhere, etc.......

20% don't care either way so you can't count them.
That leaves a mere 10% screaming like spoiled children to have their way.
You Lefty Liberals are all for DEMOCRACY until it doesn't support your ideas, then you scream something else!
YOU ARE DISGUSTING
!!

100% of the Constitution is what I care about and so should you.

You already have hundreds of thousands of tax free buildings. You don't need schools and court houses too.

Please if you cared about the Constitution you wouldn't take half the positions you take.

Forum List

Back