Atheists are hoping aliens from outer space will contact us...

You are incorrect. The nymph and the adult are genetically identical. You are also incorrect to say the individual "created the process".

You are also 100% backwards to say I am "saying nothing". The physical processes completely explain the metamorphosis. The scientific explanation says literally everything, while the guy pointing at it and calling it spiritual (you) is saying nothing of substance and explaining exactly nothing.
You are incorrect. The nymph and the adult are genetically identical. You are also incorrect to say the individual "created the process".

You are also 100% backwards to say I am "saying nothing". The physical processes completely explain the metamorphosis. The scientific explanation says literally everything, while the guy pointing at it and calling it spiritual (you) is saying nothing of substance and explaining exactly nothing.

again no link to support any of your assertions of which is not directly related to the discussion, what exists during the transition from one being to another as the implementer of the process.
It's not a transition from one being to another. They are both cicadas. Same species. Identical genome. No, I do not provide links, especially to established scientific knowledge. And that's fine, because I don't insist you take my word fot it.

All you have done is try to pry open gaps in our understanding, and then fill them with this undefined, untestable nonsense you call "spirituality". You explain exactly nothing. In fact, all you are attempting to do is say we will NEVER understand.
It's not a transition from one being to another. They are both cicadas. Same species. Identical genome. No, I do not provide links, especially to established scientific knowledge. And that's fine, because I don't insist you take my word fot it.

All you have done is try to pry open gaps in our understanding, and then fill them with this undefined, untestable nonsense you call "spirituality". You explain exactly nothing. In fact, all you are attempting to do is say we will NEVER understand.

- all you are attempting to do is say we will NEVER understand.

just where are you quoting to make such an absurd statement, it is you who imply's a knowledge you have yet to verify, you haven't the faintest what is being discussed how is your CNS (central nervous system) responsible for the transition the transition that you claim is not one being with legs becoming an avian with wings.
Yes, "never understand". This is just a reiteration of "god of the gaps". And you're the guy claiming to inderstand the god, though your idea explains nothing, is untestable, and isn't even required to explain what is happening. This old argument is a vestigial appendage of when mankind was more ignorant.
Yes, "never understand". This is just a reiteration of "god of the gaps". And you're the guy claiming to inderstand the god, though your idea explains nothing, is untestable, and isn't even required to explain what is happening. This old argument is a vestigial appendage of when mankind was more ignorant.

where is the quote from me you are making your allegations from there is nothing in your above quote that makes the least amount of sense.

ill go stupid with you - what is the guidance for the transition during metamorphosis from one being to another.
Just chemical signals...same as a growing plant, or a developong fetus. You are askimg questions which were answered decades ago.

again no link to support any of your assertions of which is not directly related to the discussion, what exists during the transition from one being to another as the implementer of the process.

just where are you quoting to make such an absurd statement, it is you who imply's a knowledge you have yet to verify, you haven't the faintest what is being discussed how is your CNS (central nervous system) responsible for the transition the transition that you claim is not one being with legs becoming an avian with wings.

where is the quote from me you are making your allegations from there is nothing in your above quote that makes the least amount of sense.

ill go stupid with you - what is the guidance for the transition during metamorphosis from one being to another.
Just chemical signals...same as a growing plant, or a developong fetus. You are askimg questions which were answered decades ago.

Just chemical signals ...

that's a different answer than the CNS another factor in the equation, chemical signals but hardly the guiding sequence for the transition or the originator for the process. or the relay to the genome of life from one generation to the next and on infinitum through the ages.

You are askimg questions which were answered decades ago.

again no link to what you are claiming or the subject matter you are referring to.

Dang, I'm gone for a few days and there's 30 pages of posts since then! :)

Did anybody figure anything out since then?

Or do I have to read those 30 pages.... :)

Can anybody just sum up those last 30?

I'm not an atheist, on the contrary,but I'l love the aliens from outer space to contact us.

Just saying.:smile:

Until they feed you to their 100 foot, pet, alien snake like you're a rat being served up in a zoo. :funnyface:

I'm not going to read 30 pages, so lemme guess, the last 30 pages were spent arguing BS.

Bossboy still is defending whatever the flavor of the day that he/she/it is defending...

MD is still ripping new assholes every time he/she/it posts.

And nobody has any idea what the fuck Breezewood and Fort Fun are talkin' about....

Do I have it right so far?

:)

that's a different answer than the CNS another factor in the equation, chemical signals but hardly the guiding sequence for the transition or the originator for the process. or the relay to the genome of life from one generation to the next and on infinitum through the ages.

again no link to what you are claiming or the subject matter you are referring to.
"chemicalsignals but hardly the guiding sequence for the transition or the originator for the process. or the relay to the genome of life from one generation to the next "

You're just kind of making stuff up now. And you will always do this. Every time we explain something, such as exactly the chemical signals which trigger metamorphosis, you"'ll just attempt to pry open another hole. And when that hole is filled with knowledge, you will do it again. Same thing for hundreds of years now. By the way, this tendency handed down to you through generations doesn't require spirituality. It's just a result of culture and of the tendency of humans to invent explanations for things they don't understand.

"chemicalsignals but hardly the guiding sequence for the transition or the originator for the process. or the relay to the genome of life from one generation to the next "

You're just kind of making stuff up now. And you will always do this. Every time we explain something, such as exactly the chemical signals which trigger metamorphosis, you"'ll just attempt to pry open another hole. And when that hole is filled with knowledge, you will do it again. Same thing for hundreds of years now. By the way, this tendency handed down to you through generations doesn't require spirituality. It's just a result of culture and of the tendency of humans to invent explanations for things they don't understand.
You're just kind of making stuff up now. And you will always do this.

again, you have quoted without a specific response to the subject just a shotgun answer of obvious noncomprehensive ignorance.

You're just kind of making stuff up now. And you will always do this.

again, you have quoted without a specific response to the subject just a shotgun answer of obvious noncomprehensive ignorance.
well, that sounded fancy. I am not quoting you because you are merely repeating yourself, over and over and over. i have already directly addressed your idea. You insist spirituality is needed to explain anything everything, which is utterly absurd. not only does it explain nothing at all, YOU can't even explain it. And, even if you tried, there would be absolutely no way to ever know whether you are right or not.

I have said noting in regards to spirituality involving a post addressed to you, fun Indiana. having spent time in Indiana I sympathise your lack of cranial capability common to many in that area of the county.

I have said noting in regards to spirituality involving a post addressed to you, fun Indiana. having spent time in Indiana I sympathise your lack of cranial capability common to many in that area of the county.
Yes you have, repeatedly. I guess you had a "spiritual moment" and forgot what day it is. ;)

Yes you have, repeatedly. I guess you had a "spiritual moment" and forgot what day it is. ;)
Yes you have, repeatedly. I guess you had a "spiritual moment" and forgot what day it is.

if that were so you would have shown the link, you've only debated yourself no wonder your such a winner.

there is no other explanation than a spiritual component during the transition between beings during metamorphosis and the link to the genome of life from present to future generations the code for their progeny and its fluctuations.

I do find the bosses of the world fascinating. I can't have this conversation with my friends and family. Not the ones who are religious. So I love to pick theists brains. Many believe but haven't and don't give it much thought. I get them. But boss has been told everything you can say and he still believes even though we've explained ad nauseum how it's all in his head.

Now that's faith. God will reward boss unless Christians are right then boss will be burning in hell with me

Yeah, it's all in my head-- which explains why neither you or McDuff will come out and proudly proclaim your Atheism!

Trying to convince me there is no Spiritual Nature is like me trying to convince you that your mother never existed. I have my own evidence and proof so your arguments don't bother me.
"
I have my own evidence and proof"

Wrong again. You have zero evidence and zero proof, else you could use it to compel others. Again, something is not evidence because you think it is evidence or feel like calling it evidence. That has been your error from the beginning.

I have all the evidence and proof I need for myself, why do I need to compel others?

Do we really need to pull the dictionary out again to demonstrate what "evidence" means?

ev·i·dence
ˈevədəns/
noun
  1. the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Gee, I am missing the part where it says evidence has to be approved by Funbags. In fact, in all my 58 years, I've never seen any definition of "evidence" which requires it be accepted by anyone other than the person claiming it's evidence. So yeah... I kind can call anything evidence if I feel like it and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. You can certainly refuse to accept my evidence but that doesn't mean it's not evidence.

And it's something I will not lose sleep over, that you won't accept my evidence. If I were a Christian trying to win your soul over to God, it might frustrate me... but I'm not so I don't really care. The evidence I have is for me and I am satisfied. But for the record, billions of people are persuaded and compelled by spiritual evidence, it happens all the time.

Yours definitely has flaws.
all of them do, which is why saying your spiritual delusions are realer than someones mother - as opposed to what, being born from a seed in the ground? :lol:

Okay, so you're a non-believer in God? Answer my question: Do you hope you are wrong or right?
no, im a non believer in bullshit without proof

Wow... yet another "Atheist" who will not answer my question!

Damn... I just seem to keep on converting you "Atheists" into agnostics! Amazing!
" I just seem to keep on converting you "Atheists" into agnostics!"

Atheists are agnostics, unless they are Gnostic atheists. Sorry, no cigar.

Well no.... Atheists are those who don't believe in God. Agnostics are those who don't know. So if you leave the possibility open that God may exist, you're not an Atheist. "Gnostic" is just an obsolete word from ancient Greece. We don't have Gnostics anymore.

I still think it's astounding that I asked one simple question and all of a sudden, everyone is an agnostic and no one wants to admit to being an atheist.

As someone who believes in an Almighty Creator, I hope aliens contact us too if they exist. The way I see it in this vast universe if there isn't any other life forms than that on earth, it strengthens exponentially the possibility of a God. Based on the number of stars and planets, there should be life forms outside of earth.

Even if aliens do exist, it would still beg the question, how did they come to be? Who is responsible for their existence?

all of them do, which is why saying your spiritual delusions are realer than someones mother - as opposed to what, being born from a seed in the ground? :lol:

Okay, so you're a non-believer in God? Answer my question: Do you hope you are wrong or right?
no, im a non believer in bullshit without proof

Wow... yet another "Atheist" who will not answer my question!

Damn... I just seem to keep on converting you "Atheists" into agnostics! Amazing!
" I just seem to keep on converting you "Atheists" into agnostics!"

Atheists are agnostics, unless they are Gnostic atheists. Sorry, no cigar.

Well no.... Atheists are those who don't believe in God. Agnostics are those who don't know. So if you leave the possibility open that God may exist, you're not an Atheist. "Gnostic" is just an obsolete word from ancient Greece. We don't have Gnostics anymore.

I still think it's astounding that I asked one simple question and all of a sudden, everyone is an agnostic and no one wants to admit to being an atheist.
irs not that profound when folks dont admit what theyre not

Do we really need to pull the dictionary out again to demonstrate what "evidence" means?
That which can be seen.
From the word 'evident' I'd say, meaning plain or clear to sight. If you can't show it you don't have it.

As someone who believes in an Almighty Creator, I hope aliens contact us too if they exist. The way I see it in this vast universe if there isn't any other life forms than that on earth, it strengthens exponentially the possibility of a God. Based on the number of stars and planets, there should be life forms outside of earth.

Even if aliens do exist, it would still beg the question, how did they come to be? Who is responsible for their existence?
The fun part of aliens is watching both planets proudly proclaim that God created them first.

did so!

did not!

God created US! WE created YOU!

NASA crashed the $4 billion Cassini spacecraft into Saturn. It was awesome.

For 13 years, Cassini explored the gas giant and its moons. On Friday, it ended its mission in an elegant dive.

On Friday, September 15, at 7:55:46 am Eastern time, NASA watched its 20-year-old, $4 billion-plus spacecraft crash into Saturn.

The space agency had no other choice. Cassini was nearly out of fuel and had already been stretched years beyond its intended mission duration. Keeping it going risked potentially contaminating one of Saturn’s moons — like Enceladus, an ice world that has some ingredients for life, or Titan, a dynamic moon where it rains methane — with microbes from Earth.

NASA crashed the $4 billion Cassini spacecraft into Saturn. It was awesome.

We blew our chance to be God

I do find the bosses of the world fascinating. I can't have this conversation with my friends and family. Not the ones who are religious. So I love to pick theists brains. Many believe but haven't and don't give it much thought. I get them. But boss has been told everything you can say and he still believes even though we've explained ad nauseum how it's all in his head.

Now that's faith. God will reward boss unless Christians are right then boss will be burning in hell with me

Yeah, it's all in my head-- which explains why neither you or McDuff will come out and proudly proclaim your Atheism!

Trying to convince me there is no Spiritual Nature is like me trying to convince you that your mother never existed. I have my own evidence and proof so your arguments don't bother me.
"
I have my own evidence and proof"

Wrong again. You have zero evidence and zero proof, else you could use it to compel others. Again, something is not evidence because you think it is evidence or feel like calling it evidence. That has been your error from the beginning.

I have all the evidence and proof I need for myself, why do I need to compel others?

ev·i·dence
ˈevədəns/
noun
  1. the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Gee, I am missing the part where it says evidence has to be approved by Funbags. In fact, in all my 58 years, I've never seen any definition of "evidence" which requires it be accepted by anyone other than the person claiming it's evidence. So yeah... I kind can call anything evidence if I feel like it and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. You can certainly refuse to accept my evidence but that doesn't mean it's not evidence.

And it's something I will not lose sleep over, that you won't accept my evidence. If I were a Christian trying to win your soul over to God, it might frustrate me... but I'm not so I don't really care. The evidence I have is for me and I am satisfied. But for the record, billions of people are persuaded and compelled by spiritual evidence, it happens all the time.
"why do I need to compel others?"

As you are here doing exactly that, this would be my question to you. Why does the guy who claims his houseplants tell him the world will end next Friday have to stand on the corner with a sandwich board and a bullhorn? Maybe you can give us insight into this.

That which can be seen.
From the word 'evident' I'd say, meaning plain or clear to sight. If you can't show it you don't have it.
"That which can be seen."

That's not a good definition for evidence. In fact, eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable and wrong.

Forum List

Back