Atheists are hoping aliens from outer space will contact us...

all of them do, which is why saying your spiritual delusions are realer than someones mother - as opposed to what, being born from a seed in the ground? :lol:

Okay, so you're a non-believer in God? Answer my question: Do you hope you are wrong or right?
no, im a non believer in bullshit without proof

Wow... yet another "Atheist" who will not answer my question!

Damn... I just seem to keep on converting you "Atheists" into agnostics! Amazing!
" I just seem to keep on converting you "Atheists" into agnostics!"

Atheists are agnostics, unless they are Gnostic atheists. Sorry, no cigar.

Well no.... Atheists are those who don't believe in God. Agnostics are those who don't know. So if you leave the possibility open that God may exist, you're not an Atheist. "Gnostic" is just an obsolete word from ancient Greece. We don't have Gnostics anymore.

I still think it's astounding that I asked one simple question and all of a sudden, everyone is an agnostic and no one wants to admit to being an atheist.
"Well no.... Atheists are those who don't believe in God. "

Neither do agnostics. Atheists are agnostic by default. Only Gnostic atheists claim to know there is no god.

Do we really need to pull the dictionary out again to demonstrate what "evidence" means?
That which can be seen.
From the word 'evident' I'd say, meaning plain or clear to sight. If you can't show it you don't have it.

That's pretty simple minded. Think of all the things you just ruled out of evidence. I can't see thunder but it's still evidence lightning happened.

I do find the bosses of the world fascinating. I can't have this conversation with my friends and family. Not the ones who are religious. So I love to pick theists brains. Many believe but haven't and don't give it much thought. I get them. But boss has been told everything you can say and he still believes even though we've explained ad nauseum how it's all in his head.

Now that's faith. God will reward boss unless Christians are right then boss will be burning in hell with me

Yeah, it's all in my head-- which explains why neither you or McDuff will come out and proudly proclaim your Atheism!

Trying to convince me there is no Spiritual Nature is like me trying to convince you that your mother never existed. I have my own evidence and proof so your arguments don't bother me.
"
I have my own evidence and proof"

Wrong again. You have zero evidence and zero proof, else you could use it to compel others. Again, something is not evidence because you think it is evidence or feel like calling it evidence. That has been your error from the beginning.

I have all the evidence and proof I need for myself, why do I need to compel others?

Do we really need to pull the dictionary out again to demonstrate what "evidence" means?

ev·i·dence
ˈevədəns/
noun
  1. the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Gee, I am missing the part where it says evidence has to be approved by Funbags. In fact, in all my 58 years, I've never seen any definition of "evidence" which requires it be accepted by anyone other than the person claiming it's evidence. So yeah... I kind can call anything evidence if I feel like it and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. You can certainly refuse to accept my evidence but that doesn't mean it's not evidence.

And it's something I will not lose sleep over, that you won't accept my evidence. If I were a Christian trying to win your soul over to God, it might frustrate me... but I'm not so I don't really care. The evidence I have is for me and I am satisfied. But for the record, billions of people are persuaded and compelled by spiritual evidence, it happens all the time.
"why do I need to compel others?"

As you are here doing exactly that, this would be my question to you. Why does the guy who claims his houseplants tell him the world will end next Friday have to stand on the corner with a sandwich board and a bullhorn? Maybe you can give us insight into this.

I'm not here to convert you. I don't care if my evidence compels you or not. I can't speak for the guy with the sandwich board or his evidence but I bet he thinks he has some. That's the funny thing about evidence, you don't have to have to even accept it as evidence. It's entirely subjective.

Okay, so you're a non-believer in God? Answer my question: Do you hope you are wrong or right?

Damn... I just seem to keep on converting you "Atheists" into agnostics! Amazing!

Well no.... Atheists are those who don't believe in God. Agnostics are those who don't know. So if you leave the possibility open that God may exist, you're not an Atheist. "Gnostic" is just an obsolete word from ancient Greece. We don't have Gnostics anymore.

I still think it's astounding that I asked one simple question and all of a sudden, everyone is an agnostic and no one wants to admit to being an atheist.
"Well no.... Atheists are those who don't believe in God. "

Neither do agnostics. Atheists are agnostic by default. Only Gnostic atheists claim to know there is no god.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

An atheist has no belief in God. He doesn't believe in the existence of a God. A theist believes in God. He believes God does exist. An agnostic doesn't know whether God exists or not. He is uncertain. You're trying to claim atheism and agnosticism are the same thing but that's why they are two distinctly different words. I can apply your moronic standard and claim theists are agnostic by default. No one "KNOWS" anything until they die.

I can also tell you this... Every theist, almost to a fault, has had doubts in their faith at some point. I wonder how many atheists doubt their atheism? I would say that's the indication of a fairly closed-minded person.

I do find the bosses of the world fascinating. I can't have this conversation with my friends and family. Not the ones who are religious. So I love to pick theists brains. Many believe but haven't and don't give it much thought. I get them. But boss has been told everything you can say and he still believes even though we've explained ad nauseum how it's all in his head.

Now that's faith. God will reward boss unless Christians are right then boss will be burning in hell with me

Yeah, it's all in my head-- which explains why neither you or McDuff will come out and proudly proclaim your Atheism!

Trying to convince me there is no Spiritual Nature is like me trying to convince you that your mother never existed. I have my own evidence and proof so your arguments don't bother me.
"

Wrong again. You have zero evidence and zero proof, else you could use it to compel others. Again, something is not evidence because you think it is evidence or feel like calling it evidence. That has been your error from the beginning.

I have all the evidence and proof I need for myself, why do I need to compel others?

ev·i·dence
ˈevədəns/
noun
  1. the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Gee, I am missing the part where it says evidence has to be approved by Funbags. In fact, in all my 58 years, I've never seen any definition of "evidence" which requires it be accepted by anyone other than the person claiming it's evidence. So yeah... I kind can call anything evidence if I feel like it and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. You can certainly refuse to accept my evidence but that doesn't mean it's not evidence.

And it's something I will not lose sleep over, that you won't accept my evidence. If I were a Christian trying to win your soul over to God, it might frustrate me... but I'm not so I don't really care. The evidence I have is for me and I am satisfied. But for the record, billions of people are persuaded and compelled by spiritual evidence, it happens all the time.
Who cares how many believe. You know that.

Let's put it this way. You have zero evidence that would hold up in a court of law or science group

No one ever asked to see evidence only you can corroborate. Maybe some gullible people might buy it and theyre called theists

all of them do, which is why saying your spiritual delusions are realer than someones mother - as opposed to what, being born from a seed in the ground? :lol:

But I lean towards disbelief. I just leave the door open a crack.

Let's put it this way. You have zero evidence that would hold up in a court of law or science group

I don't care how many believe. I only mentioned it because Funbags claimed others couldn't be compelled by spiritual evidence and it happens all the time.

Duly noted: I have no physical evidence to prove a spiritual entity! Got it!

No one ever asked to see evidence only you can corroborate. Maybe some gullible people might buy it and theyre called theists

I never claimed anyone asked to see evidence I have. I just claimed I had all the evidence I need and was told I didn't have any evidence. Are you not keeping up with the conversation or something?

The fact that you leave the door open a crack means that in your rational thinking, God is a possibility. Believe it or not, I am satisfied with that. See how easy that worked out?

physiology is the link between spiritual and physical for the living and is evidence for both.

...and tell us there's no God.

That is why scientists like Carl Sagan so eagerly tell us there MUST be life on other planets, but it's a wish, there is no science to back up his claims.

So far, after decades of listening with radio telescopes, the skies have been totally silent.

Either aliens don't exist at all anywhere in the universe, or they are so far away their transmissions will never reach us.

And in either case, we will never have aliens visit us.

We are probably alone.
I think aliens may be beaming these stupid thoughts into your head.

I don't care how many believe. I only mentioned it because Funbags claimed others couldn't be compelled by spiritual evidence and it happens all the time.

I never claimed anyone asked to see evidence I have. I just claimed I had all the evidence I need and was told I didn't have any evidence. Are you not keeping up with the conversation or something?

The fact that you leave the door open a crack means that in your rational thinking, God is a possibility. Believe it or not, I am satisfied with that. See how easy that worked out?
And we also leave the door open a crack to the idea that leprechauns ride unicorns in the 5th dimension. Are you also happy about that?

And we also leave the door open a crack to the idea that leprechauns ride unicorns in the 5th dimension. Are you also happy about that?
There is sooo very much evidence of leprechauns and dracula, we must assume that they are God's angels.

As that can be interpreted many ways (most of which do not require adding magic)....no, it is not evidence

In the late 1850s, noted biologist Louis Pasteur suggested microbial fermentation, refuting the prevailing theory of spontaneous generation. Do you know what competing biologist Felix Pouchet had to say about Pasteur's claim? He said it was "MAGIC!" The Rouen Museum of Natural History rejected Pasteur's findings as silly and nonsensical. The French Royal Academy of Sciences offered a prize to whoever could settle the dispute through experiment. Eventually, Pasteur prevailed and the rest was history.

Fifty years ago, I could've suggested that electrons and photons disappear and can appear in two places at the same time. Most physicists would have laughed at that notion and called it "MAGIC!" According to findings at CERN, this happens constantly in every atom of matter.

In 1926, Max Born proposed his theories of Quantum Mechanics, where he posited that nature, at the atomic level, is completely random. And that, in spite of physics, it was inherently impossible to determine the location and position of every atom (Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle). This prompted Albert Einstein (maybe you heard of him) to pen the famous quote in refutation of the theory... "God doesn't play dice with the universe!" Guess what? God does play dice!

We can go through countless examples of where Science and the prevailing scientific ideas of the time were challenged and proven completely wrong... all the while, with "scientific" detractors chortling... "It's MAGIC!"

"

ev·i·dence
ˈevədəns/
noun

As you are here doing exactly that, this would be my question to you. Why does the guy who claims his houseplants tell him the world will end next Friday have to stand on the corner with a sandwich board and a bullhorn? Maybe you can give us insight into this.

I'm not here to convert you. I don't care if my evidence compels you or not. I can't speak for the guy with the sandwich board or his evidence but I bet he thinks he has some. That's the funny thing about evidence, you don't have to have to even accept it as evidence. It's entirely subjective.
Bull. If it's not evidence to us it holds no value. Don't tell us you have evidence if you have none

There is sooo very much evidence of leprechauns and dracula, we must assume that they are God's angels.
Think about it this way. Long before the first man lied and said god communicated with him humans could not imagine any other explanation. All of this must have been put here for us. The sun, moon, earth, animals we ruled over everything. We must be gods chosen animal. Even though we're weak, slow, can't take the heat, our hearing and eyes suck.

Anyways I can imagine how and why they made it up.

When the sun went down bad things happened so they prayed for the sun God to come back. For thousands of years.

And even today we see how the moon has to be just right and ozone water, oxygen, carbon dioxide and it's amazing. Almost miraculous. But we know that it's all scientifically explainable.

This thread title is bs because we know if aliens showed up tomorrow we would still have all the major religions.

So why do theists seem to be the ones who believe we are alone? They're still clinging to the belief this is all for us. How ignorant, small thinking arrogance

physiology is the link between spiritual and physical for the living and is evidence for both.
As that can be interpreted many ways (most of which do not require adding magic)....no, it is not evidence

physiology is not evidence for what in particular for its own existence ...

"

ev·i·dence
ˈevədəns/
noun

Bull. If it's not evidence to us it holds no value. Don't tell us you have evidence if you have none

A-GAIN.... (and AGAIN and AGAINnnn....) ALL EVIDENCE IS SUBJECTIVE!

I can point you to people who firmly believe they have evidence we didn't land on the moon, that Elvis is still alive, that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't act alone, that 9/11 was an inside job, that Dick Cheney is a reptilian! The fact that their evidence doesn't hold any value to you doesn't mean it isn't evidence to them. O.J. Simpson was acquitted of murder because a jury didn't value evidence the same as the prosecution.

I don't know why you are all having such trouble with this. Why do you think we have juries?

Why do you think we have juries?

to evaluate the "evidence" to conclude a non subjective verdict.

ALL EVIDENCE IS SUBJECTIVE!

what is subjective is not evidence. elements are not subjective they are evidence of the universe.

Well... no.

Verdicts are subjective to the jury's evaluation of the evidence. Their evaluation is always subjective. Elements are non-subjective evidence of the universe --to YOU! That doesn't mean they are to EVERYONE. People CAN subjectively disagree with you... doesn't mean they are correct... but they can disagree.

I hear what you're saying, there is some evidence which can't be refuted. I'm here to tell you that EVERYTHING can be refuted. I've heard people argue that reality itself can be refuted and that we live in a simulation. ALL evidence is subjective!

Forum List

Back