Atheists are hoping aliens from outer space will contact us...

I do find the bosses of the world fascinating. I can't have this conversation with my friends and family. Not the ones who are religious. So I love to pick theists brains. Many believe but haven't and don't give it much thought. I get them. But boss has been told everything you can say and he still believes even though we've explained ad nauseum how it's all in his head.

Now that's faith. God will reward boss unless Christians are right then boss will be burning in hell with me

Yeah, it's all in my head-- which explains why neither you or McDuff will come out and proudly proclaim your Atheism!

Trying to convince me there is no Spiritual Nature is like me trying to convince you that your mother never existed. I have my own evidence and proof so your arguments don't bother me.
"
I have my own evidence and proof"

Wrong again. You have zero evidence and zero proof, else you could use it to compel others. Again, something is not evidence because you think it is evidence or feel like calling it evidence. That has been your error from the beginning.

I have all the evidence and proof I need for myself, why do I need to compel others?

Do we really need to pull the dictionary out again to demonstrate what "evidence" means?

ev·i·dence
ˈevədəns/
noun
  1. the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Gee, I am missing the part where it says evidence has to be approved by Funbags. In fact, in all my 58 years, I've never seen any definition of "evidence" which requires it be accepted by anyone other than the person claiming it's evidence. So yeah... I kind can call anything evidence if I feel like it and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. You can certainly refuse to accept my evidence but that doesn't mean it's not evidence.

So you agree and we finally have that straight. You create your own evidence based on your own argument. And not based on science. Which is what I've been proving over and over again.

You create your own reality based on your own belief, and make up the evidence, and then present it to us to argue over, while you have shits and giggles, and verbally masturbate on your replies, since you know how it's going to roll...

That's not cool, man. That's like being a sick troll.
Well said

There is sooo very much evidence of leprechauns and dracula, we must assume that they are God's angels.
Think about it this way. Long before the first man lied and said god communicated with him humans could not imagine any other explanation. All of this must have been put here for us. The sun, moon, earth, animals we ruled over everything. We must be gods chosen animal. Even though we're weak, slow, can't take the heat, our hearing and eyes suck.

Anyways I can imagine how and why they made it up.

When the sun went down bad things happened so they prayed for the sun God to come back. For thousands of years.

And even today we see how the moon has to be just right and ozone water, oxygen, carbon dioxide and it's amazing. Almost miraculous. But we know that it's all scientifically explainable.

This thread title is bs because we know if aliens showed up tomorrow we would still have all the major religions.

So why do theists seem to be the ones who believe we are alone? They're still clinging to the belief this is all for us. How ignorant, small thinking arrogance

So why do theists seem to be the ones who believe we are alone?

You know why. The same reason why they refuse evolution. They cling to man being special, the original, the only.
I would like the theists to tell me why because I believe that even if aliens showed up tomorrow Christians would still be christians. I looked it up and they say aliens would not disprove Christianity because the Jesus experience is unique to this world.

Even proving evolution wouldn't deter them because they would just say the creation story wasn't supposed to be taken literally even though for over 1000 years they told it literally.

Allegorical interpretation is an interpretive method (exegesis) which assumes that the Bible has various levels of meaning and tends to focus on the spiritual sense (which includes the allegorical sense, the moral (or tropological) sense, and the anagogical sense) as opposed to the literal sense.
Well yeah of course. Science keeps backing them into a corner so modern believers are getting more scientific all the time.

The science is on the side of a creator. Why do you think atheist philosophers are inventing ludicrous theories on how the universe created itself? It's because the philosophical and ideological consequences for the acknowledgment of a creator is too great for those atheists.
Nope. We are looking for alternative answers because your hypothesis that a god must have done it doesn't survive the scientific method.

Theists decided it must be god cause they couldn't imagine any other explanation. Science has a better imagination

Well us atheists already knew that.

and what through history have you been able to accomplish where have the atheist been to right the wrongs of the desert religions, it is you who pussyfoots christianity it is the spiritualist that have stood their ground against them.

View attachment 150154

that's not any of you atheists sitting in that chair ... the ones in this thread anyway.

the physiology of the aliens will be their calling card for universal spirituality as it exists though which kind, good or evil will be the dilemma.
Bullshit. Many atheists sit in the pews every Sunday. They like the community but don't believe the premise. I myself am dating a couple theists right now. I'll go to church with them to get in their pants. I'm going to a musical this Saturday to get into some pants so why not a church? They don't know I don't believe in god. I told them agnostic.

How come no one answers my questions? Why do Christians insist we are the only life in the universe? And if they are wrong, does that mean their religion is made up? Does your religion say if we are alone? I wish it did say that so one day it could be proven wrong again.

If your religion says we are the only life in the universe, please show me where it says that.

Imagine this. Long before Earth was in the Sun's sweet spot Venus was. And the people on Venus thought god made the universe for them. This was billions of years before earthlings.

Venus May Once Have Been a Garden World

Maybe the people of Venus knew their world was dying and our world would be habitable next so they planted the life seed. It is a possibility. May sound crazy but so does your creation story.

Bullshit. Many atheists sit in the pews every Sunday. They like the community but don't believe the premise. I myself am dating a couple theists right now. I'll go to church with them to get in their pants. I'm going to a musical this Saturday to get into some pants so why not a church? They don't know I don't believe in god. I told them agnostic.

You lie about who you are to get laid? The real you isn't good enough?

Thats fucked up.

What are you a 12 year old virgin?

You lie about who you are to get laid? The real you isn't good enough?

Thats fucked up.

What are you a 12 year old virgin?
It's just too much for you theists to take. You can't handle hearing someones an atheist.

Just look at how you Americans feel about atheists.

Americans Would Rather Vote For A Philandering, Pot-Smoking President Than An Atheist One | HuffPost

I'm not going to get into an argument with someone over a silly thing like god. They may think gods important but I will discover that like everyone else, god really plays a very small part in their lives. Maybe they think it's important because they've been brainwashed to believe in heaven or hell but no, I'm not going to be stupid and tell every girl I meet I'm an atheist.

The one girl I'm seeing Friday and Saturday knows I'm agnostic. Close enough right? The girl from Belarus is not religious I can tell you that right now. And the girls I will see on Sunday are probably a bit conservative and no I wouldn't tell them I don't believe in god and I have decided for sure it's all made up. Most I will tell them is I have my doubts. That I'm skeptical of organized religion.

Only after I have cum inside her will I then reveal I'm an atheist. And I mean right after. Like I haven't even pulled out yet.

The interactions between atheists and Christians have been heated, particularly with the rise of the New Atheists in the early 2000s. Michael Bleiweiss, a physicist and atheist from Methuen, Massachusetts, describes the vehemence as a “backlash” due to “Christian militancy.” As some Christians have become more vocal and fervent in attacking evolution and in advocating on social issues, so some atheists have become more vocal in attacking the Christian faith.

How should Christians respond to atheists?

Only after I have cum inside her will I then reveal I'm an atheist. And I mean right after. Like I haven't even pulled out yet.
You could have just admitted that you were a prepubescent child.

I wonder about anyone else's experiences when they told someone about their lack of beliefs? I live in a rural area of North Carolina so I'm interested in how others vary.

The three I remember about telling coworkers vary quite a lot.

When I told my Catholic coworker he was very worried and said things like "Don't say that John."

When I told Muslim coworker he started to insult me saying many things like "Atheists are the stupidest people in the world." which got me rather frustrated because he simply wouldn't stop even though we had many times talked about his culture and religion before.

I think the most touching in a sense was when I told a coworker who I assume is some denomination of Protestant she got really into my business about asking why and she wouldn't accept the simple of answer of "because I don't.", but another coworker who had overheard told her "because he wasn't raised to. You were raised to be a Christian so you are, he came with his idea himself."

People's reaction to learning you're an atheist? • r/TrueAtheism

or

It's weird being an atheist in Greece. If I'm not mistaken, around 98% of Greeks are Orthodox Christians. My family, friends etc. are still nice around me, nothing has changed, but when the conversation goes to religion I am the black sheep. They just don't want to hear my arguments. Here it's okay to believe what you want, as long as you don't bother any Christians and I am kinda used to that to be honest.

As that can be interpreted many ways (most of which do not require adding magic)....no, it is not evidence

In the late 1850s, noted biologist Louis Pasteur suggested microbial fermentation, refuting the prevailing theory of spontaneous generation. Do you know what competing biologist Felix Pouchet had to say about Pasteur's claim? He said it was "MAGIC!" The Rouen Museum of Natural History rejected Pasteur's findings as silly and nonsensical. The French Royal Academy of Sciences offered a prize to whoever could settle the dispute through experiment. Eventually, Pasteur prevailed and the rest was history.

Fifty years ago, I could've suggested that electrons and photons disappear and can appear in two places at the same time. Most physicists would have laughed at that notion and called it "MAGIC!" According to findings at CERN, this happens constantly in every atom of matter.

In 1926, Max Born proposed his theories of Quantum Mechanics, where he posited that nature, at the atomic level, is completely random. And that, in spite of physics, it was inherently impossible to determine the location and position of every atom (Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle). This prompted Albert Einstein (maybe you heard of him) to pen the famous quote in refutation of the theory... "God doesn't play dice with the universe!" Guess what? God does play dice!

We can go through countless examples of where Science and the prevailing scientific ideas of the time were challenged and proven completely wrong... all the while, with "scientific" detractors chortling... "It's MAGIC!"

"Magic" has been shown to be wrong in each claim, and science shown to be right.

Your "magical" claim of creation and spirituality that you have been arguing is based on your made up evidence and non-stop changing-of-subject when pressed.

It's not "magic". It's you, following others that believe in magic, and trying to sound smarter about it by copy/pasting edited science articles into your magical belief posts.

Are you talking about the type of magic wherein the universe created itself and life came from nothing and then morphed into what we are today, that type of magic?
"lifecame from nothing "

Who in the world says this?

As that can be interpreted many ways (most of which do not require adding magic)....no, it is not evidence

In the late 1850s, noted biologist Louis Pasteur suggested microbial fermentation, refuting the prevailing theory of spontaneous generation. Do you know what competing biologist Felix Pouchet had to say about Pasteur's claim? He said it was "MAGIC!" The Rouen Museum of Natural History rejected Pasteur's findings as silly and nonsensical. The French Royal Academy of Sciences offered a prize to whoever could settle the dispute through experiment. Eventually, Pasteur prevailed and the rest was history.

Fifty years ago, I could've suggested that electrons and photons disappear and can appear in two places at the same time. Most physicists would have laughed at that notion and called it "MAGIC!" According to findings at CERN, this happens constantly in every atom of matter.

In 1926, Max Born proposed his theories of Quantum Mechanics, where he posited that nature, at the atomic level, is completely random. And that, in spite of physics, it was inherently impossible to determine the location and position of every atom (Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle). This prompted Albert Einstein (maybe you heard of him) to pen the famous quote in refutation of the theory... "God doesn't play dice with the universe!" Guess what? God does play dice!

We can go through countless examples of where Science and the prevailing scientific ideas of the time were challenged and proven completely wrong... all the while, with "scientific" detractors chortling... "It's MAGIC!"

"Magic" has been shown to be wrong in each claim, and science shown to be right.

Your "magical" claim of creation and spirituality that you have been arguing is based on your made up evidence and non-stop changing-of-subject when pressed.

It's not "magic". It's you, following others that believe in magic, and trying to sound smarter about it by copy/pasting edited science articles into your magical belief posts.

Are you talking about the type of magic wherein the universe created itself and life came from nothing and then morphed into what we are today, that type of magic?
"lifecame from nothing "

ABG adherents.

"lifecame from nothing "

I think I found their playbook

Nothing Created Everything: The Scientific Impossibility of Atheistic Evolution - RationalWiki

"lifecame from nothing "

Cambridge Study Reveals How Life Could Have Started From Nothing

One of the most challenging questions in basic biology and the history of evolution and life stems from the unknown origin of the first cells billions of years ago. Though many pieces of the puzzle have been put together, this origin story remains somewhat murky. But a team of researchers from the University of Cambridge believe they've accidentally stumbled on an answer, and a very compelling one at that.

signs of the metabolic process where, for all intents and purposes, there shouldn't have been. Until now, much of the science community has generally agreed that Ribonucleic acid, or RNA, was the first building block of life because it produces enzymes that could catalyze complex sequences of reactions such as metabolic action. However, Ralser's lab found the end products of the metabolic process without any presence of RNA. Instead, the findings indicate that complex and life-forming reactions like these could occur spontaneously given the right, but surprisingly simple, conditions.

But it's easier to believe god made adam out of sand and eve out of one of his ribs.

"lifecame from nothing "

ABG adherents.
Abiogenesis in no way states "life came from nothing". What an odd thing to say. It states that the physical systems we call life organized and evolved from complex, organic chemicals due to time and selection.

Well us atheists already knew that.

and what through history have you been able to accomplish where have the atheist been to right the wrongs of the desert religions, it is you who pussyfoots christianity it is the spiritualist that have stood their ground against them.

View attachment 150154

that's not any of you atheists sitting in that chair ... the ones in this thread anyway.

the physiology of the aliens will be their calling card for universal spirituality as it exists though which kind, good or evil will be the dilemma.

How come no one answers my questions? Why do Christians insist we are the only life in the universe? And if they are wrong, does that mean their religion is made up? Does your religion say if we are alone? I wish it did say that so one day it could be proven wrong again.

If your religion says we are the only life in the universe, please show me where it says that.

Imagine this. Long before Earth was in the Sun's sweet spot Venus was. And the people on Venus thought god made the universe for them. This was billions of years before earthlings.

Venus May Once Have Been a Garden World

Maybe the people of Venus knew their world was dying and our world would be habitable next so they planted the life seed. It is a possibility. May sound crazy but so does your creation story.
Bullshit. Many atheists sit in the pews every Sunday. They like the community but don't believe the premise.

They like the community ...

is that so, as was stated so much so they have never made a difference to openly represent their views through history to prevent any of the atrocities you have mentioned yourself, slavery as a simple example, why is that ... sortof how you appease the gal to leave her to her demise while using her or for your own means as the historical perspective taking advantage of christian brutality for your own profit. though that is an extreme view I do believe there is something there with how you responded.

there is another thread where physiology, tissue is being equated as the intermediary between spiritual beings and physical matter how the aliens appear would be more interesting than their existence the physiology they developed to bring their selves to a physical state.

"lifecame from nothing "

ABG adherents.
Abiogenesis in no way states "life came from nothing". What an odd thing to say. It states that the physical systems we call life organized and evolved from complex, organic chemicals due to time and selection.

LOL. And flying unicorns came from Jupiter.

"lifecame from nothing "

ABG adherents.

Yes, funny how "God's miracles" always seem to line up perfectly with everything you don't understand.

"lifecame from nothing "

ABG adherents.

Yes, funny how "God's miracles" always seem to line up perfectly with everything you don't understand.

You're making up a fairy tale about how there was no life and then some chemicals formed and, wallah! It's alive! LOL. Replicate life from nothing in a lab and then we can talk, alright?

"lifecame from nothing "

ABG adherents.

You're making up a fairy tale about how there was no life and then some chemicals formed and, wallah! It's alive! LOL. Replicate life from nothing in a lab and then we can talk, alright?
"Replicate life from nothing in a lab and then we can talk, alright?

That is an absurd standard which shows you are not a very thorough thinker. we don't have to form stars in labs to understand how they formed or how they work. Nor do we have to replicate trillions of chemical reaction which took place over 100s of millions of years to know that it is possible for the components of life to organize via selection from lesser components.

Forum List

Back