Atheists have granite monument installed at Florida Courthouse

OK...we shall see...I see it ending...I am very happy for it as well.My goal for each day is to piss of a xtian around town...sure works well seeing how its so full of the bastards.

Gee if you hate the Christians so much wait until someone tells you to bow to Mecca.....

OK...we shall see...I see it ending...I am very happy for it as well.My goal for each day is to piss of a xtian around town...sure works well seeing how its so full of the bastards.

Why is it that religious people never seem to go out of their way to piss off atheists, but you guys can't seem to rest a day without shoving the fact your atheist in the faces of religious people? You're the ones who are hostile. It's not them.

How many thousands of years has there been some type of religion?

How old is mankind?

Same answer.....And this clown thinks he can end it with a bench.....:laugh::rofl:

Few of the ones who protest religious symbolism are true Atheists, but all are mini-tyrants, who enjoy imposing their will upon others.

I agree. It's about power and shoving their beliefs down the throats of religious people (which is ironically the grudge they have against religious people allegedly doing it to them) It's pure hypocrisy and attention whoring. Nothing more.

I'm not an overly religious man, but I frankly don't get why atheists get so butt hurt over the Ten Commandments sitting in front of the court house. I fail to see how it's harming any of them. The religious meanings aside, "thou shalt not kill," "thou shalt not steal," etc. seem to be a pretty good way to live one's life. Why is this so harmful.

Furthermore, it seems the people that started this aren't even local so I can understand why the local population holds resentment towards them over this.

Because religion doesn't belong ANYWHERE near law/politics/education etc...By it being in front of a court house the state is in essence endorsing religion.

Which religion are they endorsing?

Proponents of religion invading every aspect of my life doesn't happen.... Does it really bother you that much what someone else believes? I mean, they don't think for you do they?

That's the problem - many of them try to!!!!!

But they don't. Unless of course you permit it.......

But they do! Then, Christians get all pissed when we try not to permit it.

Many political and religious leaders are pushing hard to have things their way that also affect how all of us live. Atheists and secularists are simply fighting back - which is their right.

Personally, I don't care what anyone believes - so long as we are governed in a "secular" manner. So, believe what you wish - but give me "secular" government.

The words atheist and secular can be easy to confuse, but they have subtly different meanings.

An atheist is one who does not believe in a God, and therefore an atheist institution (for example) is one that openly holds the position that there is no God.

Someone who is secular, by contrast, does not display any belief or religion, regardless of their actual views.

Atheist vs Secular - Conservapedia

That's how freedom works

Get it?

and thats how we inock it down,.. get it? freedom works both ways. I will knock it down with my 4X4 if it appears my town...just because athiest are little twats that dont believe in a god so what do they care if we do?

That's how freedom works

Get it?

and thats how we inock it down,.. get it? freedom works both ways. I will knock it down with my 4X4 if it appears my town...just because athiest are little twats that dont believe in a god so what do they care if we do?

I would guess that religious bullies will eventually damage or destroy the Atheist monument referenced in the OP.

I would guess that religious bullies will eventually damage or destroy the Atheist monument referenced in the OP.

You mean like the atheist idiots did to the WW1 cross after it went through all the courts and was approved....

You mean like the atheist idiots did to the WW1 cross after it went through all the courts and was approved....

Do you have any "credible" proof that Atheists damaged/destroyed/stole the WW1 cross you refer to?

After the theft was reported, an atheist organization, Atheist Alliance International, offered $5,000 to go towards replacing the cross with a more inclusive and non-religious veterans' memorial, but the gesture was ignored by religious groups who insisted that the cross be restored.

Mojave Memorial Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Atheist Groups Condemn Stealing of Mojave Cross

Why is it that religious people never seem to go out of their way to piss off atheists, but you guys can't seem to rest a day without shoving the fact your atheist in the faces of religious people? You're the ones who are hostile. It's not them.
They piss us off every day with insisting on harassing gay couples,forcing prayer in school,these idiotic monuments to their god in places they don't belong,just trying in general to jam religion down the country's throat.
How many thousands of years has there been some type of religion?

How old is mankind?

Same answer.....And this clown thinks he can end it with a bench.....:laugh::rofl:

He doesn't need to do anything...he can't beat the religious nuts so he did exactly what they did...put a statue on government property.

I don't quite know what to make of it. Don't they realize that it's an oxymoron authorized by real morons?

I'm not an overly religious man, but I frankly don't get why atheists get so butt hurt over the Ten Commandments sitting in front of the court house. I fail to see how it's harming any of them. The religious meanings aside, "thou shalt not kill," "thou shalt not steal," etc. seem to be a pretty good way to live one's life. Why is this so harmful.

Furthermore, it seems the people that started this aren't even local so I can understand why the local population holds resentment towards them over this.

Because religion doesn't belong ANYWHERE near law/politics/education etc...By it being in front of a court house the state is in essence endorsing religion.

No it doesn't. The separation states that government shall not be DEVOID of religion just that we will have no State sanctioned religion (thank you founders!). Get your facts straight.

Good, then I want to be like Republicans and worship at the altar of the Church of the Heartless Bastard where they believe in "let him die" and "feed the poor and they will breed".

But that is not endorsing a religion. Our Congress has opened every session with a prayer since Day One, so it is self-evident our Founders believed in a Deity and that our country was based on religious principles. They believe in freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. They did not believe religion should be removed from government. They simply believed no particular brand should direct government or our laws.

If your belief system is atheism, I support removing "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance. No one should force you to acknowledge a Deity with your own mouth. I totally get that. It is wrong. And that is entirely what the First Amendment is about.

But that does not mean your senses should be shielded from the sight of the acknowledgement of a Deity in government spaces. It does not mean God should be ejected from our public spaces.

This monument is just spite, nothing more.

Last edited:
Its spite that they put the 10 commandments on a court house property...the Atheists couldn't get it removed so we resorted to option B was is brilliant.

Its spite that they put the 10 commandments on a court house property...the Atheists couldn't get it removed so we resorted to option B was is brilliant.

How many of those "commandments" are actually "law"?

They try and use them as law. They have no business being there...oh and for your question Murder is on there and is a law as well...Why does it matter?

Forum List

Back