Atheists want iconic 17-foot cross removed from 9/11 museum

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Atheists want iconic 17-foot cross removed from 9/11 museum

Atheists want iconic 17-foot cross removed from 9/11 museum | Fox News

Come on. The judge is correct, they are trying to censor history now.

“There are countless cases of museums including religious artifacts among their exhibits and it’s going to be described in a way that talks about the history of the object, what is the problem here?” she said. “An argument has been made that you are trying to censor history.”

You know what's funny? A friend and I were talking about this and suggest to atheists that they are already represented at the site. The empty space around all the other memorials is theirs to claim! After all, it is quite fitting considering what is between their ears... :lmao:

While I normally support the rights of atheist not to be subjected to "group prayer" and other attempts to force god on everyone, they have it wrong on this one. It is a part of history. It should stay.

Last edited:
You know what's funny? A friend and I were talking about this and suggest to atheists that they are already represented at the site. The empty space around all the other memorials is theirs to claim! After all, it is quite fitting considering what is between their ears... :lmao:

I actually see this as different, the cross was not built by anyone, it was an anomaly of the explosion, and should be allowed to remain.

^^^^ This is why I support the rights of atheists. If you leave religious freedom up to the Christians - you will get bigotry every time.

CaféAuLait;8748160 said:

I actually see this as different, the cross was not built by anyone, it was an anomaly of the explosion, and should be allowed to remain.

Where did I say it shouldn't be allowed to remain? I just said that the empty space around it we could dedicate to the atheists so they didn't have to get nauseated by not having their...ahem...religion..represented there too.

^^^^ This is why I support the rights of atheists. If you leave religious freedom up to the Christians - you will get bigotry every time.

Except I'm not a christian bro. The closest thing you could call me is an agnostic. My secular point is that atheists are idiots. Of course there's a special something out there. I just don't know what it is; or rather, it's hard for me to name..

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8748160 said:

Where did I say it shouldn't be allowed to remain? I just said that the empty space around it we could dedicate to the atheists so they didn't have to get nauseated by not having their...ahem...religion..represented there too.

I guess my point was this is not religious, per se. just an anomaly of the explosion and they should not be upset about it.

Except I'm not a christian bro. The closest thing you could call me is an agnostic. My secular point is that atheists are idiots. Of course there's a special something out there. I just don't know what it is; or rather, it's hard for me to name..

Nice.

OK then....

CaféAuLait;8748191 said:
I guess my point was this is not religious, per se. just an anomaly of the explosion and they should not be upset about it.

My point was that atheists have made a religion out of shunning and heatedly objecting to religions. ;)

Doesn't belong. Get another piece of the towers and put it in there.

Perhaps if it looked like this, the atheists wouldn't complain?

th

Does anyone really believe that Jesus cared at all about stock traders? God has been nowhere near the World Trade Center at any time before or since.

Does anyone really believe that Jesus cared at all about stock traders? God has been nowhere near the World Trade Center at any time before or since.

If you read the history behind it, it became a meeting place for rescuers just because it was a landmark. Even the Anti-Defamation League "fully supports the inclusion in the National September 11 Memorial & Museum of the metal beams in the shape of a cross". :eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back