Attacks On Jews Around the World

A video surfaced this week showing a group of Belgian Beerschot football supporters singing anti-Jewish slogans such as 'Sieg Heil. Hamas, Hamas, all Jews to the gas."

The Antwerp police have launched an investigation into the video, Het Nieuwsblad reports .

The chants were done before a game between Beerschot and Anderlecht on Monday. Anderlecht is considered to be a "Jewish" team by soccer hooligans.

Fittingly, Anderlecht won the game, 7-0. Their Israeli starter Lior Refaelov scored one of the goals.

Beerschot has the worst record in their league.

Which just goes to prove, antisemites tend to be losers.

Here's the video.

An Orthodox Jewish man was badly beaten up late on Sunday night by at least two assailants in Brooklyn, in an attack that is now being investigated by the New York City Police Department’s Hate Crimes Unit.

The attack took place just before 10.30 p.m. near the corner of Gerry Street and Bartlett Street in the borough’s Williamsburg section — home to a large Orthodox community that has frequently been targeted for antisemitic attacks over the last five years.

The victim, a 26-year-old man, was chased down by two individuals who then struck him with what police described as an “unknown object,” resulting in a laceration to his head.

Witnesses at the scene said that the victim had been beaten with sticks and that he would require major stitching. Officers from the 90th precinct were in attendance alongside personnel from the Shomrim security service and the Hatzolah emergency service.

Yet another elderly French Jewish woman living alone in her own home has been subjected to a brutal robbery motivated by antisemitism, the Paris-based National Bureau for Vigilance Against Antisemitism (BNVCA) said on Sunday.

The attack occurred on Dec. 13, according to a statement from the BNVCA, an independent organization that assists the victims of antisemitic violence in France.

Two minors, described as Black and of about 16-17 years of age, rang the doorbell of their victim’s apartment, pretending to be members of the building’s security detail. When the victim — identified as “Mrs. LU”, a 74-year-old pensioner — answered the door, the two assailants forced their way inside.

They then subjected their victim to a series of heavy blows before tying her up and ordering her to disclose where she kept her jewelry. Over the next traumatic half-hour, one of the assailants searched the apartment while the other kept guard over the victim, hitting her repeatedly and placing a piece of masking tape over her mouth to stifle her cries.

An Orthodox Jewish man was badly beaten up late on Sunday night by at least two assailants in Brooklyn, in...
After having stolen all of their victim’s jewelry, the two assailants fled, leaving her badly bruised on the face and legs and in a state of severe shock.

(full article online)

( Not even safe from Amazon)

IMG-20220107-WA0002.jpg

The offensive note attached to the IDF sweatshirt delivered by Amazon. Photo: Alexander Gindin
Alexander Gindin received a shock on Thursday night when he opened a package from Amazon and discovered a blunt handwritten note attached to the IDF hooded sweatshirt he’d ordered: “F–k your white supremacy nation.”

“Amazon does not tolerate any behavior deemed hateful, racist, or discriminatory,” she said. “This type of act is in conflict with our code of ethics and we will take immediate action once we complete our investigation of the situation.”

(to be continued)

Never understood why people hate Jews.
Most of them are greedy, sure......but so are Baptists and Catholics.

All of the Jewish people I've ever met, were super nice. But they were also very strict with what they could and could not do.....but it didn't interfere with anyone elses lives.

I've asked Jewish people online before why they think they are hated by so many......and most of them don't know why or just state "it's a religious thing".

So, really, I have no clue why they are hated by so many other people.

Never understood why people hate Jews.
Most of them are greedy, sure......but so are Baptists and Catholics.

All of the Jewish people I've ever met, were super nice. But they were also very strict with what they could and could not do.....but it didn't interfere with anyone elses lives.

I've asked Jewish people online before why they think they are hated by so many......and most of them don't know why or just state "it's a religious thing".

So, really, I have no clue why they are hated by so many other people.
Doing research online would help.

Clue 1 ... Christianity s endless lies about Judaism and Jews in general

Clue 2 ....Islam s endless lies about Judaism and Jews in general

Be curious and one should find out the answers

Screen-Shot-2022-01-11-at-11.33.36-AM.jpg

Suleiman Othman, 27, was captured on CCTV after he assaulted two Jewish men in Brooklyn. Photo: NYPD Crime Stoppers

Police in New York have arrested a 27-year-old Staten Island man in connection with an ugly antisemitic assault on on two Jewish men at the end of last month.

The New York Police Department’s Hate Crimes Unit announced on Tuesday morning that Suleiman Othman, whose photo was widely circulated in the aftermath of the attack, had been charged with assault in the third degree and hate crime and aggravated harassment and hate crime.

(full article online)

I don't understand the hatred of the Jewish people. Are there some bad Jewish people? Sure, there are bad people in all groups. But the Jewish folks I've had the pleasure to know are nice, hard working and law abiding people. There was once a term called JAP for Jewish American Princess that was sometimes used as a slur and other times as a compliment. I dated a JAP in the mid 80's. She was good looking, funny and smart. We had a great time, and the sex was the best I ever had in my life, but it just wasn't quite a match enough to make it permenant, and I was not blameless in the breakup. Great gal and I hope she found the right guy and had a big happy family.

A Muslim-American imam and academic at Duke University issued a passionate appeal to confront antisemitism in the Muslim community following the hostage situation at the Beth Israel synagogue in Colleyville, Texas.

Abdullah T. Antepli, an Associate Professor of the Practice of Interfaith Relations at Duke University, wrote on Twitter, “We North American Muslims need to have the morally required tough conversations about those ‘polite Zionists are our enemies,’ ‘The Benjamins!!!’ voices and realities within our communities.”

Antepli was referencing antisemitic statements made in December by Council on American–Islamic Relations official Zahra Billoo and by US Rep. Ilhan Omar in 2019.

“We MUST!” he continued, “Without ands and buts, without any further denial, dismissal and or trivializing of the issues … we need to honestly discuss the increasing antisemitism within various Muslim communities.”

Antepli is also the founder and co-director of the Muslim Leadership Initiative at the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem.

“Yes, we Muslims living [in] North America undeniably have an increasing antisemitism problem and seemingly we have yet to even begin to address the issue honestly, morally and accurately… but again we have to,” he said Sunday.

“I am really sick and tired of the overall defensiveness and tribal nature of our reaction to this alarming internal problem,” he stated. “We are better than this! We can no longer pretend the problems of antisemitism within us does not exist.”

The problem, he asserted, is “not going anywhere. Quite the contrary, [it’s] getting worse.”

(full article online)

The Baltimore Evening Sun reported on April 5, 1922, about an antisemitic sermon given by the Albert Norman Ward, president of Western Maryland College, at the opening of the Maryland Conference of the Methodist Protestant Church.

He said that the Jews controlled New York City and have taken the Bible out of the public schools.

A Jewish woman wrote a letter to the editor of the Evening Sun, where she politely destroyed Ward's speech:

By the way, even today, there is a dormitory at what is now called McDaniel College named after the bigoted Albert Norman Ward.

I wonder if the people who are upset over buildings named after Jefferson or Washington would object to Albert Norman Ward Hall. Somehow I don't think they would.

But I'm willing to be proven wrong.

I filled out a complaint at McDaniel College's Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, asking why they still have a dorm named after an antisemite. We'll see if they contact me.

Mark Oppenheimer, who recently wrote a book about the Tree of Life massacre in Pittsburgh, wrote an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal where he re-assures American Jews - don't worry about antisemitism unless you do something Jewy, like go to synagogue, wear a kippah or shop in a kosher market.

It seems that violent attacks on Jews in the U.S. have become a regular occurrence, like natural disasters. There were deadly shootings at synagogues in Pittsburgh in October 2018 and Poway, Calif., in April 2019, then at a kosher market in Jersey City, N.J., in December 2019. Last weekend, a rabbi and three congregants were taken hostage at Congregation Beth Israel, a Reform synagogue near Fort Worth, Texas.

But the reality of Jewish Americans’ security is more complicated. The recent heightened antipathy toward Jews hasn’t been focused on the general Jewish population. Rather, it has targeted the shrinking minority of Jews who regularly do Jewish things in Jewish spaces—go to synagogue, for example, or shop at kosher markets. For Jews who “Jew it,” to use a friend’s favorite locution, even the very occasional synagogue attack, while statistically insignificant, makes every religious service a little more tense.

On the other hand, for people who are Jewish but don’t do Jewish things, the U.S. is less oppressive than ever. Fifty years ago, there were still meaningful prejudices and structural obstacles that plagued the most secular, non-affiliated Jews. There were country clubs that didn’t allow Jews (or only allowed a token few), and there were law firms and Wall Street banks where making partner was that much harder for a non-Christian.

But I have been writing about American religion for 25 years, and in that time, I have not encountered a single business, school or social club where Jews are unwelcome. I am sure there are outliers somewhere, but let’s put it this way: The average Jew is no longer worried about being excluded by gentlemen’s agreements at law firms, restrictions at clubs or real estate covenants. These are artifacts of the past.

[O]utside the Orthodox world, we are becoming a people who never encounter anti-Semitism in school or at work and seldom enter the spaces where anti-Semites look for us, like the synagogue, JCC or kosher market. For such Jews, there is nearly zero risk of being victimized by anti-Jewish violence or bias. Simply put, Jews who go to synagogue are terrified of anti-Semitism right now. Jews who don’t have no reason to be.
Yet it will be an ever-shrinking percentage who will actually be in harm’s way. The Jews at risk of anti-Semitic attack will include the small but growing number whose clothes make them targets, like many Orthodox, including Hasidim. Then there are the teachers at Jewish schools, the kosher butchers, the nurses in Jewish homes for the aged. And, of course, there will be those eccentric holdouts: Jews who continue to enter places like synagogues, having decided that praying with fellow Jews is worth the risk of dying with them.

This essay is fundamentally wrong and offensive on a number of levels.

Allowing Jews into country clubs might have been a wonderful accomplishment in the 1960s, but there are different spaces where proud Jews are not welcome today. Like if you want to participate in the Women's March. Or run for student government at university. Or attend an online seminar on antisemitism.
For someone who writes about Jewish issues, Oppenheimer sure seems not to understand how antisemitism morphs in every generation to something new. Country clubs aren't the problem - campus and "progressive" spaces are.
As far as the "small" number of Jews whose clothes make them targets, according to Pew, 25% of those who identify as Jewish by religion wear something identifiably Jewish on a typical day, like a Star of David. That isn't that small.
What about his characterizing Jews who are public about their Jewishness as "eccentrics"? Someone emailed him and he responded that he was writing this ironically:

(full article online)

Forum List

Back