Attention, gun control supporters:

How are you going to get criminals to obey the law?

I've never gotten a rational, workable answer to this question in all the years I've asked it on this and other boards.

Improve their employment prospects when they get out, if they're non violent offenders.

That way they won't shoot anyone, since work and not crime gets them fed and a roof over their heads.

But then, they're not using guns nearly as much any more. Word is out that arrested with a gun gets about 5 times as much time behind bars. So murder rates are way down, already.

But tougher regs on gun storage, carry laws etc. might help, since one thing that's not going down is accidental shooting by good, god-fearing, law abiding folks.
Wow. Just...wow.

Now would be a good time to back your shit up instead of just expecting us to take your word for it.

Eliminate the criminals before they are born. This will take a generation but it can be done.

I've never gotten a rational, workable answer to this question in all the years I've asked it on this and other boards.

Elimate the criminals before they are born. This will take a generation but it can be done. Sterilize every felon, and every person who procreates while they are on welfare. Crime will plummet and so will people on the government teat.

Improve their employment prospects when they get out, if they're non violent offenders.

That way they won't shoot anyone, since work and not crime gets them fed and a roof over their heads.

But then, they're not using guns nearly as much any more. Word is out that arrested with a gun gets about 5 times as much time behind bars. So murder rates are way down, already.

But tougher regs on gun storage, carry laws etc. might help, since one thing that's not going down is accidental shooting by good, god-fearing, law abiding folks.
Wow. Just...wow.

Now would be a good time to back your shit up instead of just expecting us to take your word for it.

They blocking census.gov where you're renting PC time?

Elimate the criminals before they are born. This will take a generation but it can be done. Sterilize every felon, and every person who procreates while they are on welfare. Crime will plummet and so will people on the government teat.
Well, that's a little further than I'd like to see this nation go.

And by "a little", I mean "a couple of light years".

Wow. Just...wow.

You made the claim -- you back it up. You don't wanna do your homework, then your claims are dismissed.

Got it?

Wow. Just...wow.

You made the claim -- you back it up. You don't wanna do your homework, then your claims are dismissed.

Got it?

Just checking if you're lazy or had some reasonable explantion for not checking shit out yourself (always good to do on the off-chance I'm cherry pickin'. Noodle on that; it may come to you.)

Murder rates: http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0306.pdf

Accidental gun deaths: US Accidental Gun Deaths 2010 | Extrano's Alley, a gun blog (and if you dig deeper you'll find the silver lining: only 15% or so are kids)

You people are absolutely hopeless!!! Talking to you is like spitting the wind.
I think if you'll review the thread, you'll find it's you and others like you who believe two mutually-exclusive ideas:

1. Criminals don't obey laws.

2. We need more laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

I understand why you're lashing out. It must be a terrible thing, holding such contradictory ideas. Like believing the sun comes up in the east, and simultaneously believing it comes up in the west.

That way lies madness.

Damn!! Is your head really this hard?? For the last time, if laws do not work then they have to be changed or new laws made. Just because you don't like it does not mean it doesn't make sense.

You had better resign yourselves to the fact that it will happen.

Democracy Now! | Democracy Now! Headlines for January 04, 2013

Gun control advocates introduced legislation on the first day of the new Congress to ban high-capacity ammunition magazines used in recent massacres, including the one at Sandy Hook Elementary last month. Democratic Rep. Carolyn McCarthy of New York said in a statement: "These assault magazines help put the 'mass' in 'mass shooting' and anything we can do to stop their proliferation will save lives in America." McCarthy, who lost her husband in a shooting on the Long Island Rail Road — her son was also severely injured — introduced the ammunition ban with fellow Democratic Rep. Diana DeGette of Colorado. Gun control supporters are hoping an apparent shift in attitudes after 20 children and six adults were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary, as well as the shooter’s mother who was killed first in her home, might pave the way for reform. In the latest potential sign of that shift, Republican Rep. Peter King of New York questioned ownership of assault weapons during an appearance on MSNBC.

Peter King: "I really don’t know why people need assault weapons. I’m not a hunter, but I understand people who want. I understand people who live in rough neighborhoods or have a small business and want to maintain a pistol to protect themselves, so long as they’re properly vetted and licensed. But an assault weapon? Listen, I’m sure 99 percent of people with assault weapons are good Americans. But to give that potential to a mass murderer who would be able to out-arm the police, who, as we saw, could carry out the worst devastation?"

Got it?

Just checking if you're lazy or had some reasonable explantion for not checking shit out yourself (always good to do on the off-chance I'm cherry pickin'. Noodle on that; it may come to you.)

Accidental gun deaths: US Accidental Gun Deaths 2010 | Extrano's Alley, a gun blog (and if you dig deeper you'll find the silver lining: only 15% or so are kids)
Look, Zippy, I back up my claims. I don't expect people to take my word for stuff.
Looks like that's new territory for you. Your refusal to do your homework does not mean I'm lazy.

You people are absolutely hopeless!!! Talking to you is like spitting the wind.
I think if you'll review the thread, you'll find it's you and others like you who believe two mutually-exclusive ideas:

1. Criminals don't obey laws.

2. We need more laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

I understand why you're lashing out. It must be a terrible thing, holding such contradictory ideas. Like believing the sun comes up in the east, and simultaneously believing it comes up in the west.

That way lies madness.

Damn!! Is your head really this hard?? For the last time, if laws do not work then they have to be changed or new laws made. Just because you don't like it does not mean it doesn't make sense.

You had better resign yourselves to the fact that it will happen.

Democracy Now! | Democracy Now! Headlines for January 04, 2013

Gun control advocates introduced legislation on the first day of the new Congress to ban high-capacity ammunition magazines used in recent massacres, including the one at Sandy Hook Elementary last month. Democratic Rep. Carolyn McCarthy of New York said in a statement: "These assault magazines help put the 'mass' in 'mass shooting' and anything we can do to stop their proliferation will save lives in America." McCarthy, who lost her husband in a shooting on the Long Island Rail Road — her son was also severely injured — introduced the ammunition ban with fellow Democratic Rep. Diana DeGette of Colorado. Gun control supporters are hoping an apparent shift in attitudes after 20 children and six adults were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary, as well as the shooter’s mother who was killed first in her home, might pave the way for reform. In the latest potential sign of that shift, Republican Rep. Peter King of New York questioned ownership of assault weapons during an appearance on MSNBC.

Peter King: "I really don’t know why people need assault weapons. I’m not a hunter, but I understand people who want. I understand people who live in rough neighborhoods or have a small business and want to maintain a pistol to protect themselves, so long as they’re properly vetted and licensed. But an assault weapon? Listen, I’m sure 99 percent of people with assault weapons are good Americans. But to give that potential to a mass murderer who would be able to out-arm the police, who, as we saw, could carry out the worst devastation?"

You know why the laws don't work?

Because criminals don't obey them!!

Good Gaea, I don't know why you refuse to understand that.

It's not about getting guns out of the hands of criminals... Gun control is about controlling people by taking away their power to do anything about the tyranny of others... The Second Amendment has nothing to do about hunting... It's about giving tyrants pause.

Got it?

Look, Zippy, I back up my claims. I don't expect people to take my word for stuff.
Looks like that's new territory for you. Your refusal to do your homework does not mean I'm lazy.

Gotcha. Good thinking. No critical reading nor back-checking of stuff.

Way to go.

Way to go.
I repeat: Your refusal to do your homework does not mean I'm lazy.

Way to go.
I repeat: Your refusal to do your homework does not mean I'm lazy.

Gotcha. Good info, which I'll read up on.

Thanks.

Gosh; such a poor turnout by the RRMAS (Righty Retard Mutual Admiration Society.)

The Rabbi, Big Reb, and Dave is all who've chimed-in? Jesus; I need to try harder next time.

Forum List

Back