Attention, gun control supporters:

Gosh; such a poor turnout by the RRMAS (Righty Retard Mutual Admiration Society.)

The Rabbi, Big Reb, and Dave is all who've chimed-in? Jesus; I need to try harder next time.

Aww, butt-hurt because we're all beating up on you?

Good.
You are an ignorant arrogant little piece of doo-doo.

Gosh; such a poor turnout by the RRMAS (Righty Retard Mutual Admiration Society.)

The Rabbi, Big Reb, and Dave is all who've chimed-in? Jesus; I need to try harder next time.

Aww, butt-hurt because we're all beating up on you?

Good.
You are an ignorant arrogant little piece of doo-doo.

What??? You getting it exactly wrong??? Say it ain't so, Rabbi!!!

Nope; lamenting so few of you getting your panties so far up your crack that it's fucking up your barber college $3 haircuts.

How are you going to get criminals to obey the law?

I've never gotten a rational, workable answer to this question in all the years I've asked it on this and other boards.

Hi. It seems to me that you have LOTS of guns in the US. I mean, staggeringly large numbers of guns. Here in the UK we have none (well, almost none - farmers have shotguns, and some police are armed), but I have never seen a gun in the UK (except in the hands of the police, but only at airpots) , nor do I know anyone that has fired one.

So it must be heaven for criminals in the UK - we must all be terrified of walking the streets at night?

Well, no. It's fine over here. In fact we have a far lower percentage of crime and far, far fewer people in prison than you do in the US.

So, in answer to your question "How are you going to get criminals to obey the law" the answer is most definitely NOT not by allowing everyone to have guns. You have tried that in the US and it has spectacularly failed.

So what does work? Well, unsurprisingly, the countries in the world with the lowest crime are the ones that invest in education and have efficient policing, who deal with people firmly but fairly.

That's your answer.

I've never gotten a rational, workable answer to this question in all the years I've asked it on this and other boards.

Hi. It seems to me that you have LOTS of guns in the US. I mean, staggeringly large numbers of guns. Here in the UK we have none (well, almost none - farmers have shotguns, and some police are armed), but I have never seen a gun in the UK (except in the hands of the police, but only at airpots) , nor do I know anyone that has fired one.

So it must be heaven for criminals in the UK - we must all be terrified of walking the streets at night?

Well, no. It's fine over here. In fact we have a far lower percentage of crime and far, far fewer people in prison than you do in the US.

So, in answer to your question "How are you going to get criminals to obey the law" the answer is most definitely NOT not by allowing everyone to have guns. You have tried that in the US and it has spectacularly failed.

So what does work? Well, unsurprisingly, the countries in the world with the lowest crime are the ones that invest in education and have efficient policing, who deal with people firmly but fairly.

That's your answer.
Your answer is you are a dunce and a half. I am sorry you are afraid of guns. Of course after what the Americans did to the British in the Revolutionary War you ought to be.
Joyce Lee Malcolm: Two Cautionary Tales of Gun Control - WSJ.com

That's your answer.

Really? I see that you are from Sheffield?

Man arrested over teen shooting
A man is arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a teenager was shot in Sheffield in the early hours of New Year's Day.
BBC News - Man arrested after teenager shot in Sheffield
BBC News - Sheffield & South Yorkshire

Hairdresser
A WORRIED hair stylist who runs a salon near to the scene of a New Year’s Day shooting in Sheffield said he is determined to sell up and move his business out of the area - as customers are being put off by the neighbourhood’s violent reputation.
James Worrall, who owns Love Your Hair, on London Road, said he has had to reduce prices in a bid to attract more trade and is struggling to keep staff. He also said the shooting - in which a 45-year-old man from Manor was fired at close to Hill Street - was ‘the last straw’.“Customers don’t want to come to the area,” he said.“It just seems like it’s getting more dangerous and a little bit menacing.“It definitely does feel like the last straw. People are frightened and upset.”James, aged 34, said he opened Love Your Hair on London Road in 2007, having previously run a salon in Beauchief.

Prisoner on the run from jail - Local - The Star
Two men charged over Sheffield shooting - Local - The Star
TWO men are due at court today over the shooting of a Sheffield man on a city housing estate - while a third man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder is being quizzed by police.

Hairdresser
A WORRIED hair stylist who runs a salon near to the scene of a New Year’s Day shooting in Sheffield said he is determined to sell up and move his business out of the area - as customers are being put off by the neighbourhood’s violent reputation.
James Worrall, who owns Love Your Hair, on London Road, said he has had to reduce prices in a bid to attract more trade and is struggling to keep staff. He also said the shooting - in which a 45-year-old man from Manor was fired at close to Hill Street - was ‘the last straw’.“Customers don’t want to come to the area,” he said.“It just seems like it’s getting more dangerous and a little bit menacing.“It definitely does feel like the last straw. People are frightened and upset.”James, aged 34, said he opened Love Your Hair on London Road in 2007, having previously run a salon in Beauchief.

TWO men are due at court today over the shooting of a Sheffield man on a city housing estate - while a third man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder is being quizzed by police.

OH and one more

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Murder-Mayhem-Sheffield-Geoffrey-Howse/dp/1845631544]Murder and Mayhem in Sheffield: Amazon.co.uk: Geoffrey Howse: Books[/ame]

That's your answer.

Liar.

http://Violent crime worse in Britain than in US | Mail Online
Britain has a higher crime rate than any other rich nation except Australia, according to an international survey just published.

http://Gun Crime Soars in England by 35% Where Guns Are Banned ...
Dec 15, 2012 – Gun crimes continue to soar in England where guns are banned. ... the numbers on violent crime committed using a gun tell a different story.

http://UK is violent crime capital of Europe - Telegraph
The United Kingdom is the violent crime capital of Europe and has one of the highest rates of violence in the world, worse even than America, ...

I have more reports regarding the prevelence of violent crime in the UK if you'd like. Like I said, you're either a liar, or like so many leftists here, blind to the truth and living on spoon fed propoganda.

That's your answer.
Your answer is you are a dunce and a half. I am sorry you are afraid of guns. Of course after what the Americans did to the British in the Revolutionary War you ought to be.
Joyce Lee Malcolm: Two Cautionary Tales of Gun Control - WSJ.com

Seems like they had no problem with our guns saving their asses in two world wars either huh? Not to mention this moron lives like many American liberals does, with his head up his ass. I posted the facts here for him to read. England's violent crime rates are off the chart, making it one of the most crime ridden and violent nations in Europe, not to mention having a per capita violent crime rate equal to or greater than America's in many categories.

If we start weeding these weapons of mass destruction out of regular people's hands, it wont be so easy for a crazy ass teen on a rampage to just grab one. Can anyone just go and get a grenade? It should be along the same lines. It will take a while to get these weapons out of society, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

That's your answer.

Seems like they had no problem with our guns saving their asses in two world wars either huh? Not to mention this moron lives like many American liberals does, with his head up his ass. I posted the facts here for him to read. England's violent crime rates are off the chart, making it one of the most crime ridden and violent nations in Europe, not to mention having a per capita violent crime rate equal to or greater than America's in many categories.

Hi. Just thought I would put your misunderstandings to rest. England's violent crime rates are NOT off the chart (where did you get that impression???) - in fact they are going down.

Official quote from the UK Government "The number of homicides recorded by the police in 2011/12 fell by 14 percent compared with 2010/11, homicide is at its lowest level since 1983. The reducing trend in murder and homicide is reflected in a reduction in attempted murder (down 8%) and serious violence (down 8%) across England and Wales."

Roughly 10% of UK murder involves a firearm.

If you want the full official stats have a look at citizensreportuk.org/reports/murders-fatal-violence-uk.html which tells you the stats for Murders in the UK

If we start weeding these weapons of mass destruction out of regular people's hands, it wont be so easy for a crazy ass teen on a rampage to just grab one. Can anyone just go and get a grenade? It should be along the same lines. It will take a while to get these weapons out of society, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Trying to take guns from law-abiding citizens will get you shot.

Don't like guns, don't own them.

Hi. Just thought I would put your misunderstandings to rest. England's violent crime rates are NOT off the chart (where did you get that impression???) - in fact they are going down.

Official quote from the UK Government "The number of homicides recorded by the police in 2011/12 fell by 14 percent compared with 2010/11, homicide is at its lowest level since 1983. The reducing trend in murder and homicide is reflected in a reduction in attempted murder (down 8%) and serious violence (down 8%) across England and Wales."

If you want the full official stats have a look at citizensreportuk.org/reports/murders-fatal-violence-uk.html which tells you the stats for Murders in the UK

Really? I see that you are from Sheffield?

Man arrested over teen shooting
A man is arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a teenager was shot in Sheffield in the early hours of New Year's Day.
BBC News - Man arrested after teenager shot in Sheffield
BBC News - Sheffield & South Yorkshire

Hairdresser

K

How can there be any murders involving firearms in England if they essentially banned them??

That's your answer.

Oh, and as for 'saving our asses in two world wars', the first one was just about over by the time you guys turned up.

If any country can take credit for doing the most to help Britain fight facism in the second world war, it is probably Russia, who killed ten times as many German soldiers (over 1.1 million of them) compared to the joint forces of Canada/UK/US/Indian/Australian forces who between them were responsible for about 100,000 dead German soldiers.

I have no love for Russia, but credit where credit is due - they were the country who did the most to defeat Hitler.

Two men charged over Sheffield shooting - Local - The Star[/url]

OH and one more

Murder and Mayhem in Sheffield: Amazon.co.uk: Geoffrey Howse: Books

Clutching at straws with the last one, aren't you?? A book about the murders in the city since 1847? Including the gang wars of the 1920s when literally a couple of dozen people died?.

Yes, there have been shootings in Sheffield. I never said that my city (with a population of half a million people) had no crime - just that the ownership of guns is really, really low compared to the US, and that I have never seen anyone carry a gun outside of Airport Police.

And yet the violent crime rate in the UK is really, really low compared to the US.

The point at issue here is "Does increasing gun ownership reduce crime?" - and the answer is, blatently, "No". - You have lots of guns in the USA, and one of the worst crime rates in the world. Having more guns hasn't made anyone any safer.

The threat of a homeowner owning a gun doesn't stop a desperate criminal from breaking into their home. It just makes it more likely that the criminal will ALSO carry a gun, for their own self-protection. And when the two meet and "self-protect" the hell out of each other until one of them lies dying and bleeding on the floor, what has that proved?

I am pointing out that the statistics are clear. The amount of violent crime does not reduce by increasing gun ownership (if it did, the USA would have the lowest crime stats in the world, and it doesn't, quite the reverse) - equally, violent crime does not increase if you reduce gun ownership (if that were true, then the UK would have the world's worst crime stats, and it doesn't - violent crime is falling and continuing to fall in the UK)

So, if you want to reduce criminal behaviour, you need to look at systems that work, not at who has a gun.

Forum List

Back