Austria Elects Europe’s First Far-Right President Since WWII!

Lucy, in your opinion, what's driving such overwhelming support for Hofer among Austria's voters?

A combination of issues, many people are tired of the two parties the ÖVP (Österreichische Volkspartei), the Austrian People's Party, the main Centre-Right party and the SPÖ (Sozialdemokratische Partei Österreichs), the Social Democratic Party of Austria, the main Left-of-Centre party.

For a few years, both have bled votes to the FPÖ (Freiheitliche Partei Österreichs), the Freedom Party of Austria.

Some of this is because so many people now think that the two main parties just don't give a crap about the public, they've not invested enough in education, also they've not invested enough in employment programmes for younger people, these are two big arguments people have with those two parties.

At the regional level, the FPÖ have been positive about both of these things, and so more people have thought, they care, so we'll vote for them also.

Then there's the so-called "refugee" situation and the whole EU Commission acting like a Dictatorship. NO nation is under any obligation to keep their borders open, so that tons of people can just get in and set up camp and demand free stuff. That the EU Commission has the audacity to issue demands and threats to ANY nation, it's completely outrageous.

So there's now a mixture of issues, all very important and fundamental, that have lead to more and more people feeling that everyone is better protected and RESPECTED with the FPÖ.

norbert-hofer.jpg

Why does Hofer have his hand raised in such a way?

He's only a half-assed Nazi.

Your OP Title is incorrect.

We have 840,000 absentee ballots to count tomorrow.

As it stands from the Interior Ministry:

Hofer 51.9% Van der Bellen 48.1%.

The map, in the below Interior Ministry link shows that Hofer won everywhere, in blue, and that Van der Bellen only won Wien and Vorarlberg which are in yellow.

Österreich - Bundespräsidentenwahl 2016

Hofer has 1,937, 863 votes and Van der Bellen has 1,793,857 votes.

http://www.wahlhochrechnung.at/

Tomorrow the 840,000 absentee ballots will be counted. Which of course is where they'll steal the election from Herr Hofer.

I should add, we wouldn't care about the Presidential Election normally, as it's mainly a Ceremonial role, but the President does have one crucial power, that he can dismiss the Government and call a new General Election.

This is the only reason we're caring about this, Herr Hofer will call a new General Election, Alexander Van der Bellen won't.

If we go on the votes and the percentage from the First Round, the FPÖ would have formed a new Government now, were it the General Election.

The FPÖ is now unstoppable, everyone knows this....they might steal this for Van der Bellen on the absentee ballots, because in the Presidential Election you need 51% plus 1 to avoid a Round Two of voting.

The General Election you just need the most votes and the bigger percentage....so in the General Election if you get 36% you win, although you will have to form a Coalition.

The opinion polls for some time have had the FPÖ at 40%, in the General Election this is more than enough to form a Government on it's own, judging from Herr Hofer's votes tonight the FPÖ is now well beyond that 40% and this would be a landslide General Election victory.

It's going to happen, it's now unstoppable.

Edited to add more comment.

This is what I referred to, about them using the absentee ballots to steal this thing now....the 840,000 absentee ballots aren't even being counted until tomorrow....not that that bothers Wahl 16 - news.ORF.at

The below is what the above say is going to be the result once the absentee ballots are counted tomorrow, a difference of 2,888 votes....WTF?!

The above also have the thing at 50-50, again incorrect....it's Hofer 51.9% and Van der Bellen at 48.1%

Österreich - Bundespräsidentenwahl 2016

http://www.wahlhochrechnung.at/

But the below is what ORF are saying is going to happen before any votes are counted.

CjFBNljUUAApuox.jpg

norbert-hofer.jpg

Nah I was having some fun with the pic. You on the other hand live for this stuff.

If you think I don't waste time here for my amusement, you're a bit off.

You've yet to even make a sensible or relevant comment in this thread.

I pointed out that the president's position in Austria is ceremonial. How is that neither sensible nor relevant?

lol, half the RWnuts on this board couldn't find Austria on a map. 1st RW president since WWII?

So the RWnuts just broke up a 70 year liberal shutout? woohoo.
I doubt if most of the left-wing constituency have any idea that Austria exists. and even if they do, they wouldn't know the difference between Austria and Australia. After all, we are talking about blacks, Mexicans and dingbats.

norbert-hofer.jpg

Nah I was having some fun with the pic. You on the other hand live for this stuff.

You need it.
First far right President since WWII?

Here we go again.......

This will come as a shock to poster Politicalchic and her entourage of stooges. She claims there's no such thing as the Far Right.

norbert-hofer.jpg

You've yet to even make a sensible or relevant comment in this thread.

I pointed out that the president's position in Austria is ceremonial. How is that neither sensible nor relevant?

I'd already mentioned this stuff in an extensive post already in this thread, my post #4.

If you read my post #4 then you'll read that your post offers nothing actually relevant.

Forum List

Back