Austria Elects Europe’s First Far-Right President Since WWII!

Your OP Title is incorrect.

We have 840,000 absentee ballots to count tomorrow.

As it stands from the Interior Ministry:

Hofer 51.9% Van der Bellen 48.1%.

The map, in the below Interior Ministry link shows that Hofer won everywhere, in blue, and that Van der Bellen only won Wien and Vorarlberg which are in yellow.

Österreich - Bundespräsidentenwahl 2016

Hofer has 1,937, 863 votes and Van der Bellen has 1,793,857 votes.

http://www.wahlhochrechnung.at/

Tomorrow the 840,000 absentee ballots will be counted. Which of course is where they'll steal the election from Herr Hofer.

I should add, we wouldn't care about the Presidential Election normally, as it's mainly a Ceremonial role, but the President does have one crucial power, that he can dismiss the Government and call a new General Election.

This is the only reason we're caring about this, Herr Hofer will call a new General Election, Alexander Van der Bellen won't.

If we go on the votes and the percentage from the First Round, the FPÖ would have formed a new Government now, were it the General Election.

The FPÖ is now unstoppable, everyone knows this....they might steal this for Van der Bellen on the absentee ballots, because in the Presidential Election you need 51% plus 1 to avoid a Round Two of voting.

The General Election you just need the most votes and the bigger percentage....so in the General Election if you get 36% you win, although you will have to form a Coalition.

The opinion polls for some time have had the FPÖ at 40%, in the General Election this is more than enough to form a Government on it's own, judging from Herr Hofer's votes tonight the FPÖ is now well beyond that 40% and this would be a landslide General Election victory.

It's going to happen, it's now unstoppable.

Edited to add more comment.

can you give me some names of prominent current far right firebrand and charismatic and Trumpesque Austrians?!

norbert-hofer.jpg

Why does Hofer have his hand raised in such a way?

He's only a half-assed Nazi.
Nah I was having some fun with the pic. You on the other hand live for this stuff.

If you think I don't waste time here for my amusement, you're a bit off.
You need it.
First far right President since WWII?

Here we go again.......

This will come as a shock to poster Politicalchic and her entourage of stooges. She claims there's no such thing as the Far Right.

Anyone to the Right of Chairman Mao is Far Right to Leftists.

Oh just a bit more info. Mr. Hofer's party fully supports Austria's welfare state. The party's rightwingerism is essentially about immigrants and/or Muslims.

The map, in the below Interior Ministry link shows that Hofer won everywhere, in blue, and that Van der Bellen only won Wien and Vorarlberg which are in yellow.

Tomorrow the 840,000 absentee ballots will be counted. Which of course is where they'll steal the election from Herr Hofer.

I should add, we wouldn't care about the Presidential Election normally, as it's mainly a Ceremonial role, but the President does have one crucial power, that he can dismiss the Government and call a new General Election.

This is the only reason we're caring about this, Herr Hofer will call a new General Election, Alexander Van der Bellen won't.

If we go on the votes and the percentage from the First Round, the FPÖ would have formed a new Government now, were it the General Election.

The FPÖ is now unstoppable, everyone knows this....they might steal this for Van der Bellen on the absentee ballots, because in the Presidential Election you need 51% plus 1 to avoid a Round Two of voting.

The General Election you just need the most votes and the bigger percentage....so in the General Election if you get 36% you win, although you will have to form a Coalition.

The opinion polls for some time have had the FPÖ at 40%, in the General Election this is more than enough to form a Government on it's own, judging from Herr Hofer's votes tonight the FPÖ is now well beyond that 40% and this would be a landslide General Election victory.

can you give me some names of prominent current far right firebrand and charismatic and Trumpesque Austrians?!

What are you meaning politicians like Donald Trump? There are none, Trump is unique.

Nah I was having some fun with the pic. You on the other hand live for this stuff.

You need it.

Here we go again.......

This will come as a shock to poster Politicalchic and her entourage of stooges. She claims there's no such thing as the Far Right.

Since I've voted for moderate Republicans in NYS, your inane blurt is particularly, personally, most amusing.

Oh just a bit more info. Mr. Hofer's party fully supports Austria's welfare state. The party's rightwingerism is essentially about immigrants and/or Muslims.

So you're saying it's a bad thing to support your nations most vulnerable, such as the elderly and people with disabilities?

You need it.

Here we go again.......

Since I've voted for moderate Republicans in NYS, your inane blurt is particularly, personally, most amusing.

You never post anything that is Conservative, so it's strange you would even think of voting Republican, although I'm not sure what a moderate Republican now is, there don't seem to be what was referred to as Rockefeller Republicans now.

What are you meaning politicians like Donald Trump? There are none, Trump is unique.

Wonderful Donald is unique you are right!

but dont you know any firebrand conservatives from Austria?! i wanna follow them on twitter!

GIVE ME THE NAMES! GIVE ME THE NAMES! GIVE ME THE NAMES!

You've yet to even make a sensible or relevant comment in this thread.

I pointed out that the president's position in Austria is ceremonial. How is that neither sensible nor relevant?

I'd already mentioned this stuff in an extensive post already in this thread, my post #4.

If you read my post #4 then you'll read that your post offers nothing actually relevant.

So I happened to say the same thing you said but you're calling my saying that senseless and irrelevant?

lol, think about that for a moment.

You need it.

Here we go again.......

You never post anything that is Conservative, so it's strange you would even think of voting Republican, although I'm not sure what a moderate Republican now is, there don't seem to be what was referred to as Rockefeller Republicans now.

My Congressman in the nineties was a centrist Republican. I voted for him.

but dont you know any firebrand conservatives from Austria?! i wanna follow them on twitter!

There are no firebrands, there's no shouting and going at things all guns blazing.

The leader of the FPÖ, Heinz-Christian Strache, not exactly a firebrand....but he's on Twitter.

HC Strache (@HCStracheFP) | Twitter

So you're saying it's a bad thing to support your nations most vulnerable, such as the elderly and people with disabilities?

No you idiot, that is what American conservatives say.

European Conservatives are different than American Conservatives.

There are no firebrands, there's no shouting and going at things all guns blazing.

The leader of the FPÖ, Heinz-Christian Strache, not exactly a firebrand....but he's on Twitter.

he's a lil pretty...thanks!

You need it.

Here we go again.......

Okay, so do you still have new Centrist Republicans, or are most new Republicans on the Right?

Yes he is, he's a Dental Technician by profession.

You need it.

Here we go again.......

I've read about some moderate Republicans, to me this Connecticut one named Christopher Shays and another from Maine named Olympia Snowe, these are I think what once were referred to as Rockefeller Republicans.

when are the Prime Minister elections?!

when are the Prime Minister elections?!

There is no Prime Minister, it's a Chancellor.

The next General Election, the Legislative election must be held no later than October 2018, which is the only reason we're even bothered about this Presidential Election, as I mentioned earlier, one of the few things the President can do is dissolve the Government and call for a new General Election.

We have two houses, the Nationalrat, the National Council, that's the lower house but it has more power than the Bundesrat, the Federal Council.

As it stands now, so the three main parties in the Nationalrat are:

SPÖ 52 seats, that's 26%, ÖVP 47 seats, that's 23% and FPÖ 40 seats, that's 20%

For some time now, the opinion polls have had the FPÖ at 40%, more than enough to form a Government by itself were a new General Election held, now judging by today's Presidential Election votes for the FPÖ, it's up to 50%, which would be a complete landslide General Election win.

Forum List

Back