Autographed Trump Hats and Books Sold on His Website Were Signed by Machine

That reminds me...

George HW Bush used an autopen to sign my Certificate of Appreciation for 20 years military service, 26 years ago...

I should sue him for that

ABC News is reporting that Donald Trump lead people to believe that Make America Great Again hats he sold were autographed by himself, when in fact these autographs were written by machines.

Steve Grad, an authenticator interviewed by ABC,says he has "a low opinion of how the Trump campaign marketed the hats".

A man who bought the hats regrets buying them because he didn't know the true story.
"Had I known, not only would I not have bought this, but I'm pretty sure no one would have"

The misleading claim was also made in the advertising of a special edition of the book "The Art of the Deal".

Grad said he has "seen signatures of Trump's before that have failed authentication", including ones on items sold in "the gift shops of his own hotels." He said that "the general public is not even aware of what an autopen is".
"It's the open secret that nobody in government wants to talk about: That cherished presidential signature that's tucked away in a scrapbook or framed for all to see might never have passed under the president's hand.

For decades, presidents of both parties have let an autopen do some of the heavy lifting when it comes to scrawling their signatures. The machine was recently put to use signing a bill into law, apparently a first.

Overseas and out of reach when lawmakers passed an extension of certain provisions of the Patriot Act, President Barack Obama employed the autopen to sign it, a step the White House has been mum about ever since."

Want the president's signature? There's a machine for that

If Trump's signature wasn't authentic, then I guess Obama's wasn't either, in fact no presidential signature is since Harry Truman.

OMG have the FBI start an investigation now this kind of thing can not be tolerated.
That's a strawman. Nobody asked the FBI to start an investigation about it. #Fail
You obviously don't know sarcasm when you see it. FYI starting a thread about something is irrelevant is this that's a fail.
Tell the guy interviewed by ABC that it's irrelevant. Maybe you will give him his money back [emoji16]

And the butthurt from liberals continues!
Trust me. The guy who bought a bunch of trump hats is not a liberal. And he said he got fooled. Maybe you will give him his money back [emoji38]

ABC News is reporting that Donald Trump lead people to believe that Make America Great Again hats he sold were autographed by himself, when in fact these autographs were written by machines.

Steve Grad, an authenticator interviewed by ABC,says he has "a low opinion of how the Trump campaign marketed the hats".

A man who bought the hats regrets buying them because he didn't know the true story.
"Had I known, not only would I not have bought this, but I'm pretty sure no one would have"

The misleading claim was also made in the advertising of a special edition of the book "The Art of the Deal".

Grad said he has "seen signatures of Trump's before that have failed authentication", including ones on items sold in "the gift shops of his own hotels." He said that "the general public is not even aware of what an autopen is".
Annnnnnnnnnnnd.........Who gives a shit?

Sure,

all he has to do is produce the written guarantee the autographs were hand written by Trump

Is "sports analyst" Darren Rovell trying to be the new Woodward/Bernstein with this breathless expose of Trump? You almost gotta laugh.

Thank you. Not a surprise - because everything about Adolf Trump is FAKE.

Thank you. Not a surprise - because everything about Adolf Trump is FAKE.
Since Harry Truman every president has used autopens to sign letters, autographs, etc. Obama even used it to sign legislation.

The Klintons gave the freaking Country away in exchange for foreign donations to the "Foundation". Bill Clinton pardoned the most notorious corporate pirate in history while he was on the FBI's 10 most wanted in exchange for a couple of bucks donated to the sleaze bag Arkansas library and lefties worry about auto-pen Trump souvenirs? You gotta be kidding.

So this is what our country is coming to? The President of the United States is selling merchandise he says he signed... that he didn't, it was auto-penned... ripping hard working Americans off, and Trump supporters response? Who cares?

A comedy writer can't make this shit up. Our President-elect in less than a week has been caught lying about saving American jobs with Ford, settled a civil fraud case for $25 million, and is found to be selling fraudulent merchandise... and his supporters response to it all, "Who cares?"

No, really, this shit is fucking funny. I can't even be rude about it anymore. You guys are so fucking blinded by your political party affiliation, you let a total fraud be your leader and you just don't care.

:bow2::bow2::bow2:

So this is what our country is coming to? The President of the United States is selling merchandise he says he signed... that he didn't, it was auto-penned... ripping hard working Americans off, and Trump supporters response? Who cares?

A comedy writer can't make this shit up. Our President-elect in less than a week has been caught lying about saving American jobs with Ford, settled a civil fraud case for $25 million, and is found to be selling fraudulent merchandise... and his supporters response to it all, "Who cares?"

No, really, this shit is fucking funny. I can't even be rude about it anymore. You guys are so fucking blinded by your political party affiliation, you let a total fraud be your leader and you just don't care.

:bow2::bow2::bow2:
I don't know the details and mistrust everything liberals say. He wasn't and still isn't the president and it looks like there was a disclaimer. In the examples I saw it was people looking to sell them if he was elected. If you are going to buy merchandise to resell, check out the merchandise before buying it. I spent a few seconds searching DT autographed hats, posters, etc and they started out at $1,800.

Who the fuck would charge "What was soon obvious to some was that the Trump-signed hats, offered at various price points during the campaign on Trump's website, including $125, $183 and $243, " for an auto-penned crappy hat?

Jesus... Even if it can be proven somewhere that Trump somehow had a fine print somewhere that the hats weren't actually autographed by him, people should be pissed that he was ripping suckers off by charging this much for the hats.

Who the fuck would charge "What was soon obvious to some was that the Trump-signed hats, offered at various price points during the campaign on Trump's website, including $125, $183 and $243, " for an auto-penned crappy hat?

Jesus... Even if it can be proven somewhere that Trump somehow had a fine print somewhere that the hats weren't actually autographed by him, people should be pissed that he was ripping suckers off by charging this much for the hats.
Trump, once again, conning his cult, and selling worthless items to enrich himself.

What's new?

Yahoo has a new article up about this, and apparently Trump's web site had a fine small fine disclaimer at CHECKOUT:

But when a customer was led through checkout to pay for the hat, a disclosure was made in fine print in a single sentence: "Limited supply of hats which include an autopenned Donald J. Trump signature." The books sold with autographs on Trump's website included a similar caveat as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/autograph...re-signed-003403191--abc-news-topstories.html

So he was selling these cheap ass $2 hats for over $100, and making people think they were really autographed but covered his ass with a small fine print statement at checkout. How in the hell can anyone support this slimy piece of shit?

Forum List

Back