Average hourly rate of an American is $24.06 or $50,044 per year.

Again... It is so disheartening to see the gross inability of many people on this forum (that by the way are generally more informed then the average uninformed voter) don't read closely! You people are more ready to "emote"... to "feel" ... to be "compassionate" rather then THINK!
Case in point... unintended consequences of raising minimum wage by nearly 50% will mean businesses buy more robots for the tedious tasks low skill entry level people that perform ...hence they will become unemployed as they by definition have little or no skills!
Minimum wage increases have never been in 50% increments because most logical and economically aware people know you can't do this massive jumps without destroying something... in this case jobs!
Why are you so convinced that would happen? Like I said, raising the wage to 10 would kill very few jobs anyway.
I am looking at this table:
raise the minimum wage of the crew payroll by 50% ($7.25 raised to $10.10 is a $3.55 per hour increase which is 48% more then what the $7.25 figure is now.
Faced with raising the current "Crew Payroll" of $540,000 by 48% means "Crew Payroll" of nearly $800,000 or an increase of $259,000.
Right now below net net profit is $153,900 but with increase of $259,000 due to "crew payroll" increase A LOSS of almost $105,000! A LOSS!
Solution then is NOT to increase Crew Payroll but keep the same with fewer crew members by replacing with robots or more customer self serve!
FACTS... these crew members will be out of a job!
View attachment 32703
The problem with your argument is that you are making it based on raw data. There is not enough context to it. You are not taking into account the nature of the economy.

Explain to me folks how putting 1 million plus people under 25 out of work is good?

You really think that thousands of businesses are going to close up just over an increase in the minimum wage?

So how many will get shit canned so the company can stay in business?

Who will do their work if they get let go?
These businesses will find ways to do more with less.
The hardship will be felt by those who lose their jobs as well as those who will work more hours for the same wages.

Averages are funny things

Especially when you average an executive making $20 mil with a minimum wage

Is that true healthmyths? These hourly wage employees had their wages lumped in with the executives making millions a year? And you think that number represents the "average" worker eh?
NO it is NOT true!
Read the facts from the government. Less then 1.8 million age 16 to 24 make minimum wage.
READ the facts! Average fast food place WILL replace the low skilled with robots or customer self service. That's their immediate solution.
They plan on doing it no matter what, so what are you getting at, besides hating a higher min wage?
Stop whining.
No one 'hates' the min wage.
Fact is the is argument has nothing to do with improving people's lives. It is a created narrative to gin up support for democrat candidates.
It is in fact a democrat industry stand by. "When all else fails rely on class warfare."
And the GOP is never guilty of the same?
Nope.

What you cons don't understand is that anyone making less than 10 an hour is not making a wage they can live off of. That is why so many people are on food stamps. It is also way below the level of inflation. If you raised the wage to 10 an hour you would be helping 16 million people get out of poverty.
If that is the case then what it the solution?
What can one do in order to make themselves more marketable to be paid a higher wage?
This is what you aren't getting. We are talking about a finite amount of jobs verses the population. Since the recession there has been a significant decrease in high wage jobs and a significant increase in low wage jobs. People are at the mercy of what is available. Personal responsibility, while crucial, is becoming less and less significant based on reality.
That's a lot of nonsense.
Try searching sites such as careerbuilder.com or monster.com.
There are so many jobs which pay well above min wage, it would make anyone realize that this min wage argument is fruitless.
Or they can start their own business.
Why be at the mercy of someone else's version of what one should be paid for their efforts.
Heck for a minimal investment one can open a home cleaning business.
Or solicit store front businesses to clean their windows.
There are so many opportunities.
I am about to buy a cargo van and open a business doing expediting. If it gets to the point where I cannot handle it all, I will buy a second vehicle with the proceeds from the first vehicle and hire a guy to make runs for me.
I am also going to start umpiring baseball. I can make as much as $400 on a single weekend depending on the level of games I do.
You can't take anecdotal information such as careerbuilder.com and pass it off as evidence of the big picture. Just because decent wage jobs exist it doesn't mean they are plentiful. You also must realize that many decent wage jobs cannot be filled because many people are not qualified for them.

Why do conservatards hate to see working people getting ahead?
you are the retard here simpleton, min. wage jobs were NEVER meant for working people to get ahead..., those jobs are meant as "ENTRY LEVEL", i.e., "job experience" etc., etc. is this clear enough for you ? or do you need pictures ??

:lmao:
THANK YOU! Idiots like Mr. Clean don't EVER think they EMOTE!!

It's part of what makes us human.

Unlike you greedy, small-minded petty pricks on the right.

What you cons don't understand is that anyone making less than 10 an hour is not making a wage they can live off of. That is why so many people are on food stamps. It is also way below the level of inflation. If you raised the wage to 10 an hour you would be helping 16 million people get out of poverty.

Where would you raise 16 million people when less then 3.5 million make minimum wage?
FACTS where are your FACTS you raise 16 million by raising 3.3 million to $10.80 per hour?
Between age 16 to 24 years,1,797,000 at or below minimum wage..
Tables 1 - 10 Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers 2012

Below table shows... 16 to 24 years old make up 673,000
25 years older... 591,000
Total 16 years and older 3.5 million NOT 16 million!!!
View attachment 32702
Holy shit dude listen. I am talking about everyone who makes LESS than 10 an hour. That refers to wider range of people not just the minimum wage earners.

The 16 million stat comes from the CBO.
Again... It is so disheartening to see the gross inability of many people on this forum (that by the way are generally more informed then the average uninformed voter) don't read closely! You people are more ready to "emote"... to "feel" ... to be "compassionate" rather then THINK!
Case in point... unintended consequences of raising minimum wage by nearly 50% will mean businesses buy more robots for the tedious tasks low skill entry level people that perform ...hence they will become unemployed as they by definition have little or no skills!
Minimum wage increases have never been in 50% increments because most logical and economically aware people know you can't do this massive jumps without destroying something... in this case jobs!
Why are you so convinced that would happen? Like I said, raising the wage to 10 would kill very few jobs anyway.
You have no data to support such a statement.
You also ignore the number of min wage workers is not significant as compared to the total workforce.
Increasing the min wage will affect only one sector of the economy....That is small business. Small business for the most part that operates on small margins.
A significant increase in the min wage would result in small business either to increase prices or decrease their labor costs.
Um no it would effect everyone who previously made less than 10 an hour. That is a whole lot more than just minimum wage.

AND HOLY shit man... LOOK AT what the average hourly wage is in america!
FACTS dude FACTS..
See Industry-- leisure and hospitality.. $13.55 ALREADY!!! That is the smallest!
The next smallest is the sales clerk, retail trade.. $16.67 per hour nearly $33,000 a year!
averagehourlywage in USA as of 2014-10-08 at 9.02.58 PM.png

raise the minimum wage of the crew payroll by 50% ($7.25 raised to $10.10 is a $3.55 per hour increase which is 48% more then what the $7.25 figure is now.
Faced with raising the current "Crew Payroll" of $540,000 by 48% means "Crew Payroll" of nearly $800,000 or an increase of $259,000.
Right now below net net profit is $153,900 but with increase of $259,000 due to "crew payroll" increase A LOSS of almost $105,000! A LOSS!
Solution then is NOT to increase Crew Payroll but keep the same with fewer crew members by replacing with robots or more customer self serve!
View attachment 32703
The problem with your argument is that you are making it based on raw data. There is not enough context to it. You are not taking into account the nature of the economy.

Ah YEA!!! After all that is what we are dealing with RAW Numbers...

Once fully implemented in the second half of 2016, the $10.10 option would reduce total employment by about 500,000 workers, or 0.3 percent,
CBO projects.
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/44995-MinimumWage.pdf

Raising people from poverty on the backs of 500,000 young people trying to get skill sets but because their employers can NOW justify at a 50% increase cost to do menial, low skill tasks with robots... is that what you want???

Why do conservatards hate to see working people getting ahead?
you are the retard here simpleton, min. wage jobs were NEVER meant for working people to get ahead..., those jobs are meant as "ENTRY LEVEL", i.e., "job experience" etc., etc. is this clear enough for you ? or do you need pictures ??

:lmao:
THANK YOU! Idiots like Mr. Clean don't EVER think they EMOTE!!

It's part of what makes us human.

Unlike you greedy, small-minded petty pricks on the right.

So you want to sacrifice these people? How compassionate, small minded you are!

Once fully implemented in the second half of 2016, the $10.10 option would reduce total employment by about 500,000 workers, or 0.3 percent,
CBO projects.
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/44995-MinimumWage.pdf

Raising people from poverty on the backs of 500,000 young people trying to get skill sets but because their employers can NOW justify at a 50% increase cost to do menial, low skill tasks with robots... is that what you want???

Where would you raise 16 million people when less then 3.5 million make minimum wage?
FACTS where are your FACTS you raise 16 million by raising 3.3 million to $10.80 per hour?

View attachment 32702
Holy shit dude listen. I am talking about everyone who makes LESS than 10 an hour. That refers to wider range of people not just the minimum wage earners.

The 16 million stat comes from the CBO.
You have no data to support such a statement.
You also ignore the number of min wage workers is not significant as compared to the total workforce.
Increasing the min wage will affect only one sector of the economy....That is small business. Small business for the most part that operates on small margins.
A significant increase in the min wage would result in small business either to increase prices or decrease their labor costs.
Um no it would effect everyone who previously made less than 10 an hour. That is a whole lot more than just minimum wage.

AND HOLY shit man... LOOK AT what the average hourly wage is in america!
FACTS dude FACTS..
See Industry-- leisure and hospitality.. $13.55 ALREADY!!! That is the smallest!
The next smallest is the sales clerk, retail trade.. $16.67 per hour nearly $33,000 a year!
View attachment 32704
View attachment 32703

Ah YEA!!! After all that is what we are dealing with RAW Numbers...

CBO projects.

Okay enough about the mean dude. The mean is that high because of how high the extreme of income goes. You need to think about CONTEXT.

Yes, there you go the CBO. Guess what? The increase in consumer spending that would come from the raise would regain all those jobs and more.

Explain to me folks how putting 1 million plus people under 25 out of work is good?

You really think that thousands of businesses are going to close up just over an increase in the minimum wage?

Machines.

Minimum wage Wage hikes can lead to automation Northwest Voices Seattle Times

The downside of minimum wage hikes - Yahoo Finance

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/44995-MinimumWage.pdf

Machines.

No that is generic risk of raising the wage too high. Obviously if the wage was raised to 30 an hour, that would happen. This would not happen at 10.10 an hour.

Again people COONNNTTTEEEXXXTTTTT

Has anyone figured out what rational connection the OP statistics have to do with raising the minimum wage? Not that I'm really for or against raising it, as I have mixed thoughts for and against, but the OP seems .... irrelevant.

Has anyone figured out what rational connection the OP statistics have to do with raising the minimum wage? Not that I'm really for or against raising it, as I have mixed thoughts for and against, but the OP seems .... irrelevant.
Yes he's making interpretations off raw data. It doesn't work that way.

Averages are funny things

Especially when you average an executive making $20 mil with a minimum wage

Is that true healthmyths? These hourly wage employees had their wages lumped in with the executives making millions a year? And you think that number represents the "average" worker eh?
NO it is NOT true!
Read the facts from the government. Less then 1.8 million age 16 to 24 make minimum wage.
READ the facts! Average fast food place WILL replace the low skilled with robots or customer self service. That's their immediate solution.

So you claim that if fastfood workers agree to continue working for $7.25 that companies will not bring in automation and self serve?

Machines.

So there are machines that cost 8.00/hour to run?

Yes he's making interpretations off raw data. It doesn't work that way.
Yes. But, assuming the average worker (salaried, part-time hourly, union full time, whatever) makes say $25 an hour why would it logically affect their average hourly pay if the min wage went up marginally?

There's no argument that when the min wage is raised that has some affect on short term employment of min wage workers, and it tends to get workers making slightly more than min wage an upwards bump.

But it seems to me the OP is just a logical fail. I just wondered if I was missing some rational cause effect thing.

So I wonder how many Chinese workers Apple would fire if their wage went from a buck an hour to a buck and a half? Or whatever they're paid...

View attachment 32702

That's interesting. Looks like the average McDonald's could absorb a minimum wage hike and still make money.

Forum List

Back