Awesome! Justice Scalia Goes Nuclear In Obamacare Dissent, “We Should Start Calling This Law SCOTUSc

Ted Cruz, Then and Now
June 25, 2015By Taegan Goddard

“One of the best constitutional minds in the country.”

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), quoted in 2005 by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, on Chief Justice John Roberts.

“Unelected judges have once again become legislators, and bad ones at that. They are lawless, and they hide their prevarication in legalese.”

— Cruz, in a statement today on the Obamacare decision written by Roberts.

10 years ago we didn't know how big a dick Roberts really is. At least those on the right learn.
Well, 4 years ago I thought Roberts' aim was to take constitutional law back to pre-Warren. I'm still not sure. But the Obamacare suits were simply about congressional taxing power and simple statutory construction. I understand you don't like Obamacare, and neither do I, but you're wanting Roberts to be an activist Justice, and he's simply not going to overturn congress's power to tax, which is so basic to the constitution that what you want is absurd. The only way to change Obamacare is by enacting laws.

Note that Roberts did not say the commerce clause supported Obamacare. The commerce clause is what congress used for civil rights and other liberal changes to the rights of individuals and the power of the govt.

What do you mean, Roberts is already an activist judge. He changed the ACA when he changed the word penalty to tax. That one word tax might have meant the whole thing went down, but we will never know cause Roberts made law instead of kicking back to congress so they could decide if they wanted to raise taxes or not.

And now this, again the right thing to do would have been to kick it back to the congress and let them fix the language but again he was an activist. The wording, as I provided is really, really plain there is nothing ambiguous. The court could have kicked it back with say a 100 days period for Congress to either change the language or the language stands, what he did was pure activism. Now the question is, does the section of the law get changed or do they just ignore it? If just ignore it then does any of the law need to be followed?

As for hating the ACA, I am not really sure I do or not. I got screwed out of my health care that was promised to be because of the ACA but I am only one person and maybe just maybe it does actually help some people but for the life of me I don't know of one, really. Won't matter much longer in another 11 months I will be forced to become a government leech. Not sure what will happen with the wife.
I'm sorry but you don't know activist from your butthole. I'm done with you. You need to get an education.

10 years ago we didn't know how big a dick Roberts really is. At least those on the right learn.
Then learn to respect your superiors
Like him:

652.gif

When you start respecting me then I will think about it.

Ted Cruz, Then and Now
June 25, 2015By Taegan Goddard

“One of the best constitutional minds in the country.”

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), quoted in 2005 by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, on Chief Justice John Roberts.

“Unelected judges have once again become legislators, and bad ones at that. They are lawless, and they hide their prevarication in legalese.”

— Cruz, in a statement today on the Obamacare decision written by Roberts.

Well, 4 years ago I thought Roberts' aim was to take constitutional law back to pre-Warren. I'm still not sure. But the Obamacare suits were simply about congressional taxing power and simple statutory construction. I understand you don't like Obamacare, and neither do I, but you're wanting Roberts to be an activist Justice, and he's simply not going to overturn congress's power to tax, which is so basic to the constitution that what you want is absurd. The only way to change Obamacare is by enacting laws.

Note that Roberts did not say the commerce clause supported Obamacare. The commerce clause is what congress used for civil rights and other liberal changes to the rights of individuals and the power of the govt.

What do you mean, Roberts is already an activist judge. He changed the ACA when he changed the word penalty to tax. That one word tax might have meant the whole thing went down, but we will never know cause Roberts made law instead of kicking back to congress so they could decide if they wanted to raise taxes or not.

And now this, again the right thing to do would have been to kick it back to the congress and let them fix the language but again he was an activist. The wording, as I provided is really, really plain there is nothing ambiguous. The court could have kicked it back with say a 100 days period for Congress to either change the language or the language stands, what he did was pure activism. Now the question is, does the section of the law get changed or do they just ignore it? If just ignore it then does any of the law need to be followed?

As for hating the ACA, I am not really sure I do or not. I got screwed out of my health care that was promised to be because of the ACA but I am only one person and maybe just maybe it does actually help some people but for the life of me I don't know of one, really. Won't matter much longer in another 11 months I will be forced to become a government leech. Not sure what will happen with the wife.
I'm sorry but you don't know activist from your butthole. I'm done with you. You need to get an education.

Holy shit, you don't have to agree with me and certainly I apologize for you underwear being in an knot.

Here is the definition I was using and the whole crux of what I have been saying:

judicial activism
n.
Judicial lawmaking that exceeds the proper exercise of judicial authority, especiallywhen concerned with matters ordinarily addressed by a legislature.

That, in my opinion is what Roberts has done, twice with ACA.

EDIT: Thinking about it I suppose that your definition of an activist judge is one that strikes down laws. I think that is not a very good definition.

we the people just got a big FU from the Supremes. We now have a dictator (Obama) and HIS posse of bunch of black robe tyrants.

SNIP;

Awesome! Justice Scalia Goes Nuclear In Obamacare Dissent, “We Should Start Calling This Law SCOTUScare”…

Justice-Scalia-550x428.jpg

Scalia +1,000,000

1. “Words no longer have meaning if an Exchange that is not established by a State is ‘established by the State.’”

2. “Under all the usual rules of interpretation, in short, the Government should lose this case. But normal rules of interpretation seem always to yield to the overriding principle of the present Court: The Affordable Care Act must be saved.”

3. “Today’s interpretation is not merely unnatural; it is unheard of.”

4. “And the cases will publish forever the discouraging truth that the Supreme Court of the United States favors some laws over others, and is prepared to do whatever it takes to uphold and assist its favorites.”

all of it here:
Awesome Justice Scalia Goes Nuclear In Obamacare Dissent We Should Start Calling This Law SCOTUScare Weasel Zippers

Note that the people who support this decision are the kind that claim the Supreme Court is the ultimate authority on the Constitution. However, they are also the same gang the cries bitterly about the Gore v. Bush decision and the Citizens United decision.

You can't make this stuff up, folks!

Last edited:
we the people just got a big FU from the Supremes. We now have a dictator (Obama) and HIS posse of bunch of black robe tyrants.

SNIP;

Awesome! Justice Scalia Goes Nuclear In Obamacare Dissent, “We Should Start Calling This Law SCOTUScare”…

Scalia +1,000,000

1. “Words no longer have meaning if an Exchange that is not established by a State is ‘established by the State.’”

2. “Under all the usual rules of interpretation, in short, the Government should lose this case. But normal rules of interpretation seem always to yield to the overriding principle of the present Court: The Affordable Care Act must be saved.”

4. “And the cases will publish forever the discouraging truth that the Supreme Court of the United States favors some laws over others, and is prepared to do whatever it takes to uphold and assist its favorites.”

all of it here:
Awesome Justice Scalia Goes Nuclear In Obamacare Dissent We Should Start Calling This Law SCOTUScare Weasel Zippers
Now, all of you patriotic idiots, be sure to run to the polls on election day and elect and re-elect professional politicians to run this once great nation. What in hell is it going to take to wake folks up?

I think it's too late anyway. these politicians knew it, when they PUT in someone like Obama and hasn't hardly done a damn thing TO STOP him

we've been SOLD OUT
That's exactly why I laugh at all of these people on here that say Republicans are better, or that Democrats are better. They're not bright enough to see the game. They haven't figured out yet that all they are to professional politicians is a source for votes and tax revenue. They still can't see and understand that the government couldn't care less about them or this once great nation.

For many years Republicans were better. but they've been INFILTRATED just LIKE the new commie/democrat party. I've watched it happen over the last 30 years.
We are now nothing but THEIR SLAVES
You're a slave? Go make me a sammich then. And get me a cold beer while you're at it.

So the law is poorly written and unclear, but congress intent is clear??? How the hell does that jive?

The "Justices" know that Congress intended to increase the power of the welfare state by adding health insurance to it.

The majority of the SCOTUS have made aggrandizing the federal government in such a manner as their favorite law which will withstand any Constitutional challenge.

They know that the majority of Americans are stupid and subscribe to parasitism.

So they are happy with their ruling.

So the law is poorly written and unclear, but congress intent is clear??? How the hell does that jive?

AGAIN, "CONGRESS" DID NOT CONSIDER THE "LAW" ONLY THE DEMOCRATIC CONTROLLED SENATE DID ........IN FUCKING SECRET , AT 2 AM ON A SNOWY CHRISTMAS EVE.

STUPID AMERICANS DON"T PAY ATTENTION DURING REGULAR HOURS, LET ALONE AT 2 AM ON A CHRISTMAS EVE. THAT HARRY REID IS A MOTHERFUCKER, GLAD HIS FACE WAS SMASHED IN.
Seems you have a problem, several in fact, deal with them: Affordable Health Care for America Act - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I don't have to deal with it.

Luckily we have Anthem PPO Health Insurance and can go anywhere for coverage. You on the other hand

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:
Now, all of you patriotic idiots, be sure to run to the polls on election day and elect and re-elect professional politicians to run this once great nation. What in hell is it going to take to wake folks up?

I think it's too late anyway. these politicians knew it, when they PUT in someone like Obama and hasn't hardly done a damn thing TO STOP him

we've been SOLD OUT
That's exactly why I laugh at all of these people on here that say Republicans are better, or that Democrats are better. They're not bright enough to see the game. They haven't figured out yet that all they are to professional politicians is a source for votes and tax revenue. They still can't see and understand that the government couldn't care less about them or this once great nation.

For many years Republicans were better. but they've been INFILTRATED just LIKE the new commie/democrat party. I've watched it happen over the last 30 years.
You're a slave? Go make me a sammich then. And get me a cold beer while you're at it.

If the left had its way we'd all be slaves to the state with an elitist class of liberals running the whole show.

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:
"interpretive jiggery-pokery" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: He can't even speak English anymore.

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:

Note that the people who support this decision are the kind that claim the Supreme Court is the ultimate authority on the Constitution. However, they are also the same gang the cries bitterly about the Gore v. Bush decision and the Citizens United decision.

Lets not forget Hobby Lobby and a few other cases THEY LOST. they went ape shit over those. but they just love love love them some more Guberment, and they didn't even MIND Obama LYING to us to stick it on our backs.... so this decision they were jumping for joy over....also they don't mind sucking off on the taxpayers. so of course they are thrilled

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:

Lets not forget Hobby Lobby and a few other cases THEY LOST. they went ape shit over those. but they just love love love them some more Guberment, and they didn't even MIND Obama LYING to us to stick it on our backs.... so this decision they were jumping for joy over....also they don't mind sucking off on the taxpayers. so of course they are thrilled

The SCOTUS decision that made the libs heads explode was striking down the limits on federal campaign donations from the rich and corporations.

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:

we've been SOLD OUT

That's odd that you call yourself a slave when you don't even work for a living.

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:

You'll love the Guberment come the 1st of the month when you get your check. lol

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:

The SCOTUS decision that made the libs heads explode was striking down the limits on federal campaign donations from the rich and corporations.

You can't keep up these libs/dems. from my years observing them: they don't seem to have any solid principles or honor

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:

You'll love the Guberment come the 1st of the month when you get your check. lol

Do you routinely mock the poor and people on welfare? That doesn't sound very liberal.

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:

You can't keep up these libs/dems. from my years observing them: they don't seem to have any solid principles or honor

That is typical of lowlife lying scum.

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:

Do you routinely mock the poor and people on welfare? That doesn't sound very liberal.

I only mock people who vote against themselves.

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:

She also has no shame in lying. So get used to that from her. she's a one trick troll

SNIP;

Scalia +1,000,000

all of it here:

She also has no shame in lying. So get used to that from her. she's a one trick troll

And you are the most miserable person on this forum...always bitching, and always negative.

Forum List

Back