AZ passes law saying life beings pre-conception

The law seems a bit absurd to me but I have to admit in my "head" life seems to begin every time I see sexy curves with little to nothing covering them. Or occasionally not so sexy if I've had a few too many to drink. :)

Not if you think about it..... what they are trying to stop is the morning after pill.

I have no problem with the pill.

I have no issue with either of them, daily use or morning after.

I wonder what would stop say a woman from say going to a more friendly state for these kinds of services? or say an enterprising person to perhaps offer transportation to and from those facilities out of state? Much like the prescription express bus was to Mexico from here, given the current climate here in Arizona am sure it would not take too long for the good folks at the Center for Arizona Policy to get a bill passed making that somehow a no no as well.

what would stop her?

work...

cost...

that is why in a place like North Dakota, where there is maybe one practitioner within 500 miles and that practitioner spends one day in this place and one day in that place, a 3 day waiting period is specifically intended to make the doctor's services unavailable.

it won't affect people with money at all. it never did.

Here I've been celebrating my birthday nine months prematurely!

If life begins at conception, does the presence of an in vitro fertilization clinic affect census numbers? Can a pregnant woman drive in the HOV lane if she's carrying twins?

Give Mississippi credit for once. They voted down the lunacy that was the 'personhood' amendment. How many times can we cite Mississippi for being smarter than any other state?

If life begins at conception, does the presence of an in vitro fertilization clinic affect census numbers? Can a pregnant woman drive in the HOV lane if she's carrying twins?

Give Mississippi credit for once. They voted down the lunacy that was the 'personhood' amendment. How many times can we cite Mississippi for being smarter than any other state?

Another one buys the hype and the false interpretation of the bill. Please educate yourself on the difference between the hype and the actual wording of the bill which describes how doctors calculate the gestational age of the fetus. It's necessary to ensure the abortion is done within the 20 week period.

And if you've been celebrating your birthday nine months prematurely, then you have been celebrating your conception. I think your attempt at a joke failed, much like the attempts here to understand language in the bill.

Last edited:

what hapopens when you separate a fetus from the palcenta?

It dies.

How can something die that was never alive to begin with?

Why does it need the palcenta to live?

Becuase it requires human blood, human hormones and himan antibodies to live.

Other than a human, what else requires human blood, human hormones, and human antibodies to live?

Nothing. Just humans.

TYherefore...according to basic science......the fetus is a live human.

I have the pro choice position becuase I see the logic and respect what the pro choicers say.

Why are those on the left unable to see the logic and respect what the right sees? Afterall, as I demonstrated in this post...there is absolute scientific logic that backs up the claim of the right.

I wonder what would stop say a woman from say going to a more friendly state for these kinds of services? or say an enterprising person to perhaps offer transportation to and from those facilities out of state? Much like the prescription express bus was to Mexico from here, given the current climate here in Arizona am sure it would not take too long for the good folks at the Center for Arizona Policy to get a bill passed making that somehow a no no as well.

what would stop her?

work...

cost...

that is why in a place like North Dakota, where there is maybe one practitioner within 500 miles and that practitioner spends one day in this place and one day in that place, a 3 day waiting period is specifically intended to make the doctor's services unavailable.

Ah so then jillian if one can be creative with legislating issues such as these one one state lets say thats not so friendly, they can be friendly in the next state that is , say perhaps, Oh I don't know let's call it "future women of california project" wherein a bus stops in Phoenix everyday picks up goes to California where they pay for a taxed based service that California gets the benefits from and then are returned home? Just a thought, and for the more free enterprise types, there is always starting your own " shuttle service". I suppose my point here is not to make light of the situtation but more so to point out that while states may pass laws that restrict choice based on some moral ground, there are others that do not and noting is forever, meaning that in a state like Arizona which is changing rapidly in its demographics where one day it will be more than likely blue, even these types of laws won't last long. So I go back to my original thought on the matter , when a legislature especially in todays economy seeks to legislate what is clearly a moral issue from one point of view, they take their collective eye's off the real problems here which are numerous.

AZ is a haven for retirees how do you think rhetoric to do away with Medicare and such goes over with the oldsters?

Too funny because Arizona is the wonderous destination from so many Canucks who've paid thousands and thousands of dollars into our failing health care system.

They know the truth.

Use contraception and screw your brains out if that's your thing but don't make me pay for your good time.

I pay for my own good time. You should try it it's rewarding.

Why not force the abortion clinics to determine the age of the baby with the highest degree of accuracy possible?

By refusing to allow this to happen, you are saying you're okay with substandard services.

Which of course, leads to more botched abortions.

But that's okay with progressives, because the main objective has never been the safety of the female. The #1 priority has ALWAYS been to kill the baby. Regardless of the consequences.

That is the whole point of the bill, which some are completely unable to comprehend. Liberals like to claim they are smart, but seeing posts here makes it clear they are not. They are educated, for sure, but being educated and being intelligent are hardly the same thing. It all depends on what you've been taught. Like Reagan said, 'Liberals know so much that isn't so."

Some of us have tried to explain this, but I guess it's far too complicated for some to grasp. I see they continue showing their stupidity by repeating the same crap over and over. Should have known that if I tried to separate them from talking points that it would be an exercise in futility.

AZ is a haven for retirees how do you think rhetoric to do away with Medicare and such goes over with the oldsters?

Too funny because Arizona is the wonderous destination from so many Canucks who've paid thousands and thousands of dollars into our failing health care system.

They know the truth.

As a proud member of one of those "oldsters" I'd like to answer that, while tiny is right, if one were to go to any Mall here on any given day they would think they were in Canada, Wi., Mi. take your pick based on the plates on the cars. However when the political types come rolling through, one notices that they keep their mouths mostly closed when it comes to the subject of touching Medicare, now I wonder why? Most of the time though we "oldsters" get the your ok, it's you youngsters who are going to get nothing so we have nothing to worry about. You might be surprised the reaction that gets, and it's not a good one, so that too has become sort of a no no subject. I tend to think it's the ok Grandpa, now tell us about the Navy again, *laughs* to distract from that subject.

It dies.

Other than a human, what else requires human blood, human hormones, and human antibodies to live?

Nothing. Just humans.

I have the pro choice position becuase I see the logic and respect what the pro choicers say.

Why are those on the left unable to see the logic and respect what the right sees? Afterall, as I demonstrated in this post...there is absolute scientific logic that backs up the claim of the right.

It's in the blood. I wish more would see this. Both sides.

It dies.

Nothing. Just humans.

a tooth. Separate a tooth from a blood supply, it dies.

An embryo is not a human.

the allegedly 'small government GOP'er Jan Brewer has signed into law saying, essentially, life begins two weeks before conception.

so now, every time you ovulate...congrats you're a mom.

nutters...

AllGov - News - Arizona Law Declares Life Begins before Conception: Update

the statute...one of the most disgusting i've ever read.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/2r/adopted/s.2036jud.pdf

My god, when the hate sites spew a lie, all of you fucking morons spew it.

Clearly the aggregate IQ of the entire DNC is about 12.

Fucking moron.

Last edited:

what would stop her?

work...

cost...

Ah so then jillian if one can be creative with legislating issues such as these one one state lets say thats not so friendly, they can be friendly in the next state that is , say perhaps, Oh I don't know let's call it "future women of california project" wherein a bus stops in Phoenix everyday picks up goes to California where they pay for a taxed based service that California gets the benefits from and then are returned home? Just a thought, and for the more free enterprise types, there is always starting your own " shuttle service". I suppose my point here is not to make light of the situtation but more so to point out that while states may pass laws that restrict choice based on some moral ground, there are others that do not and noting is forever, meaning that in a state like Arizona which is changing rapidly in its demographics where one day it will be more than likely blue, even these types of laws won't last long. So I go back to my original thought on the matter , when a legislature especially in todays economy seeks to legislate what is clearly a moral issue from one point of view, they take their collective eye's off the real problems here which are numerous.

It's a one day drive to get your abortion up here.

No big smurf you see. It's called abortion tourism. The guy that really freaked me out was Tiller.

Holy toledo!!! Your Minister of Health (what do you call it down there?) was set up by Tiller.

Cripes Sebelius gave him his own crematorium (so he could do what he wanted) and allowed him to sell trinkets.

Footprints of your aborted baby late term. You really have to witness his website to believe it. Pictures with your aborted baby as well.

Freaking bus tours for abortion. That's sick.

False OP fails.

Don't trust slanted rags for your news.
Read the bill.

Here are the definitions outlined in the bill.
I'll paste real slow.

"Conception" means the fusion of a human spermatozoon with a human ovum.

"Gestational age" means the age of the unborn child as calculated from the first day of the last menstrual period of the pregnant woman.

"Pregnant" or "pregnancy" means a female reproductive condition of having a developing unborn child in the body and that begins with conception.

Can anyone find where the bill attempts to define when "life begins"??

That's what I thought.

/

What?

A mindless, partisan hack like Jillian posting lies?

I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED I tells ya..

Use contraception and screw your brains out if that's your thing but don't make me pay for your good time.

I pay for my own good time. You should try it it's rewarding.

You don't. Insurance does. You know - the insurance they pay monthly premiums for.

Criminy, this thread is thick with the dense.

It dies.

Nothing. Just humans.

a tooth. Separate a tooth from a blood supply, it dies.

An embryo is not a human.

You compared a tooth to a fetus in an effort to be right in this debate.

You are a classic example of what I was referring to. A person on the left who refuses to see the logic behind the sentiments of one that thinks differently...and therefore refuses to respect that persons sentiments.

Comparing a tooth to a fetus.

Quite arrogant of you.

"lookie me. I have a way to shoot down what he says".

Go for it. It makes you look silly...but go for it.

FYI...a tooth does not actually die. That is strictly a term to imply the tooth is worthless.

Next time try to enegage in a mature "big boy" debate.

Forum List

Back