Baby Bust

I'm not sure the economic explanation for declining birth rates holds water, at least not entirely. I know where my parents come from, I know where they started from, they had seven kids. None of it was easy, their approach was the next generation will do better. There is a serious issue with immediate satisfaction today. I hear today the latest generation can't buy a home, my parents, I and my wife, worked multiple jobs to get there. To buy my first home my wife and I had 5 jobs between us, with a first child. Ass busting work, mind bogglingly hard. I now listen to 22 yr olds that can't believe that they can't buy a home with the pay from their first job out of college. And very often that's their first job ever. The lack of knowledge of what has come before them is sad.

Fertility rates are falling across the board, people are waiting later and later (if ever) to start families, and are having fewer (if any) children when they do. Meanwhile, the death-mongers continue their abortion fetish.

How will (near) future governments and citizens address the many consequences of a declining population? It can't be put off forever.

Easiest problem of our time.

Remove woman rights, that's how. Today we are showering so much free shit and privileges to women. Men's wallets are taken to provide for them at a gun point. There is no reason whatsoever for women to have men around since they can be cashed in like an ATM anyway. Further, with all the education women hypergamy kicks into overdrive. This prevents the natural process where men convert their money to babies.

My body, my wallet, solves the entire issue. As of right now, men are giving their money for free in order to shoot themselves and the entire civilization in the foot. Unfortunately, there is no choice when women are most of the voters. That's probably where we need to start.

Last edited:
A voluntary reduction in human population is among the biggest gifts we could give to future generations.

A voluntary reduction in human population is among the biggest gifts we could give to future generations.

Replacing them with 3rd world migrants so that the entitlements you voted in could be paid is the best part.

We should start the population reduction from whoever made that message. Best gift our children could have is to not have more of these idiots around.

Last edited:
Fertility rates are falling across the board, people are waiting later and later (if ever) to start families, and are having fewer (if any) children when they do. Meanwhile, the death-mongers continue their abortion fetish.

How will (near) future governments and citizens address the many consequences of a declining population? It can't be put off forever.
What would the consequences be?

Could you possibly be so dense?
If you CAN"T answer say so-save your sarcasm for someone who deserves it.

What would the consequences be?

Besides military vulnerability, political instability, and economic collapse?

Idk, but it's a lot different than when I was a young man. Back then the rule was you should be able to pay for your housing with 1 week's worth of work. I don't see that being possible today for people starting out like it was for me, and still is because of luck/blessings. Now housing costs people 1.5-2 week's worth of work, and that's not fair to the newer generations.

You can kiss schemes like social security goodbye, while at the same time dealing with a ballooning elderly population and vanishing working population.

You can kiss schemes like social security goodbye.

It was always a Ponzi scheme anyway. I get zero Social Security unless I on-the-clock it after I retire for a decade or so. I found out that's why a relative of mine got a job after retiring. You have to have 15 years of on-the-clock to get Social Security.

It’s ok, we are importing humans to make up for the shortfall of Dimm voters.

Many young couples have figured out kids cost $$. So they have decided to forego kids in hopes of garnering other things. Can't really blame them when wages are what they are and 2 people have to work to survive much less add another mouth to feed. The era of the big families is dwnidling replaced by less or no kids.

Add to that a lot of young people have huge college loans to repay.

People can't afford to have kids.

No, they are making other choices.

That's what my ex and I did.

We held off on children until his 4 student loans were paid, we owned a house and could raise our child properly.

I'm sure there's a percentage of people now who are doing the same thing.

What is the problem? Why are you upset that people aren't having a lot of kids they can't afford and don't want anymore? Here's a fun fact for you, ever since the pill came on the market women have been having less children and waiting longer to have them.

Which shows a couple things. First that women don't want to have a lot of kids. Second that women want to have lives of their own and third when given the opportunity, they choose having lives of their own instead of being a brude mare for some man.

It's not your business and you have no right to tell anyone how to live their lives.

What are you going to do? Take birth control from them now?

Bummer for you. There's nothing you can do about it.

You can kiss schemes like social security goodbye, while at the same time dealing with a ballooning elderly population and vanishing working population.

Then social security taxes will have to be imposed on all income. It's only imposed on wages and salary now.

The government will have to start taxing unearned income for social security which I think should have happened a long time ago.

There are a lot of people in America who live off unearned income and don't pay social security taxes. They will have to start paying that tax.

There are no consequences.....We preach being responsible. People are having a hard time affording kids now so they aren't having them. They are being both smart and responsible and showing courage.

When they grow old and retire, the number of people will be less, there will be lessservices available, the they will have to work more years to retire. Government will increase the tax burden.

Good or bad, there are always consequences.

Many young couples have figured out kids cost $$. So they have decided to forego kids in hopes of garnering other things. Can't really blame them when wages are what they are and 2 people have to work to survive much less add another mouth to feed. The era of the big families is dwnidling replaced by less or no kids.

We held off on children until his 4 student loans were paid, we owned a house and could raise our child properly.

What is the problem? Why are you upset that people aren't having a lot of kids they can't afford and don't want anymore? Here's a fun fact for you, ever since the pill came on the market women have been having less children and waiting longer to have them.

Which shows a couple things. First that women don't want to have a lot of kids. Second that women want to have lives of their own and third when given the opportunity, they choose having lives of their own instead of being a brude mare for some man.

It's not your business and you have no right to tell anyone how to live their lives.

Relax Princess, I’m just pointing out that a declining population is going to bring challenges that should be considered before they are immediate.

Then social security taxes will have to be imposed on all income. It's only imposed on wages and salary now.

The government will have to start taxing unearned income for social security which I think should have happened a long time ago.

There are a lot of people in America who live off unearned income and don't pay social security taxes. They will have to start paying that tax.

Oh of course! More taxes! That’ll do it.

Now try thinking a little further out.

Idk, but it's a lot different than when I was a young man. Back then the rule was you should be able to pay for your housing with 1 week's worth of work. I don't see that being possible today for people starting out like it was for me, and still is because of luck/blessings. Now housing costs people 1.5-2 week's worth of work, and that's not fair to the newer generations.

Closer to 60-75% of takehome up around SJ CA. $3K mortgage, $12K tax, insurance, car, pretty soon you cant afford good Coke. Or you can rent for $2500 and end up same after tax washout. Oh wait, tax issue got fixed under the great President Trump! Long live ... hiphiphooray!

Relax Princess, I’m just pointing out that a declining population is going to bring challenges that should be considered before they are immediate.

I am relaxed. It seems like you're the one who is so upset that women aren't having a lot of kids anymore.

The fact that women aren't having a bunch of kids shows that past generations of women probably didn't want to have a lot of kids but they had no choice.

Whine about it all you want. Humans adapt. We will adapt to a changing population.

Forum List

Back