Baby Bust

You can kiss schemes like social security goodbye, while at the same time dealing with a ballooning elderly population and vanishing working population.

Then social security taxes will have to be imposed on all income. It's only imposed on wages and salary now.

The government will have to start taxing unearned income for social security which I think should have happened a long time ago.

There are a lot of people in America who live off unearned income and don't pay social security taxes. They will have to start paying that tax.

Oh of course! More taxes! That’ll do it.

Now try thinking a little further out.

How is it more taxes? It's already an established tax. It's been around since the 1930s.

All that would happen is more people would pay the tax. People like me, who live on unearned income don't pay one penny in FICA taxes. Or people who like my ex, reach that cap by spring. Many reach it before the end of winter. Then the rest of the year they don't pay a penny. While those in the middle income pay all year long on every penny they make.

As a person who doesn't pay one penny in FICA taxes on my unearned income, I don't think it's fair. People like me should be paying FICA taxes on every penny we make.

Fertility rates are falling across the board, people are waiting later and later (if ever) to start families, and are having fewer (if any) children when they do. Meanwhile, the death-mongers continue their abortion fetish.

How will (near) future governments and citizens address the many consequences of a declining population? It can't be put off forever.

Start paying the masses more. GM and Ford employees in the 70's had no problem raising 2-3 kids. Great pay, great benefits and job security.

You're in a union. You know what I'm talking about. People in your position should have more kids. You can afford it.

By the way, 77% of Americans want pro choice to be the law of the land.

Poll: Majority Want To Keep Abortion Legal, But They Also Want Restrictions

Only 13% want to ban abortion. Are you one of them?

You can kiss schemes like social security goodbye, while at the same time dealing with a ballooning elderly population and vanishing working population.

If you do away with social security then people should have even less kids because now they really have to save for retirement.

...As a person who doesn't pay one penny in FICA taxes on my unearned income, I don't think it's fair. People like me should be paying FICA taxes on every penny we make.
You have the right - as do we all - to share your wealth without gov't intervention.

Many young couples have figured out kids cost $$. So they have decided to forego kids in hopes of garnering other things. Can't really blame them when wages are what they are and 2 people have to work to survive much less add another mouth to feed. The era of the big families is dwnidling replaced by less or no kids.
“Can’t really blame them”?
?????
I can't blame them.

My ex had 4 college loans when he was done with school. I was lucky, my parents paid for my college.

We weren't irresponsible. We didn't start a family until those loans were paid, we owned a house and could afford to raise a child properly.

As a result, our child was born a month before my 38th birthday. I was able to stop working as an accountant to stay at home to raise our child.

That's what responsible adults do. It's not just something we shout at people when they want to terminate a pregnancy as far right wing radical extremists do.

We actually live it.

Sure glad you did things the right way!

...As a person who doesn't pay one penny in FICA taxes on my unearned income, I don't think it's fair. People like me should be paying FICA taxes on every penny we make.
You have the right - as do we all - to share your wealth without gov't intervention.

I agree, if she wants to pay more, there is a line on her IRS return that allows her to pay what she thinks is her fair share. I wonder if anyone really does.

I prefer giving my money to charities that I want to give to.

Fertility rates are falling across the board, people are waiting later and later (if ever) to start families, and are having fewer (if any) children when they do. Meanwhile, the death-mongers continue their abortion fetish.

How will (near) future governments and citizens address the many consequences of a declining population? It can't be put off forever.

The birth rate in America doesn't determine the rights of women.

I agree, if she wants to pay more, there is a line on her IRS return that allows her to pay what she thinks is her fair share. I wonder if anyone really does.

I can't pay FICA taxes. The law won't allow it. The tax is only imposed on earned income as in wages and salaries. There is no line in the tax form for me or anyone to pay into or more into the social security fund.

I guess you and the person you're replying to don't understand the difference between FICA and FIT taxes. FICA is social security. FIT is federal income taxes. They are two very different taxes.

Yes a person can pay more into federal income taxes. No one can pay above the cap on FICA and no one can pay a penny in FICA if they don't earn income as in wages or salaries. FICA taxes aren't and can't be imposed on unearned income. It's the law.

Please learn about what you're talking about before you post. That way a person like me can't have fun making a total fool of you pointing out honest facts all intelligent people know.

Fertility rates are falling across the board, people are waiting later and later (if ever) to start families, and are having fewer (if any) children when they do. Meanwhile, the death-mongers continue their abortion fetish. How will (near) future governments and citizens address the many consequences of a declining population? It can't be put off forever.
That is why we need LEGAL immigration to this country.
Even without a single immigrant this country would not be losing population. Only our rate of increase is declining.

Sorry, you're wrong. The birth rate is below replacement value.

I agree, if she wants to pay more, there is a line on her IRS return that allows her to pay what she thinks is her fair share. I wonder if anyone really does. I prefer giving my money to charities that I want to give to.
That was my point. We don't need big, greasy central gov't to decide who gets what and how much others must pay. Pocahontas Warren last month offered those with college debt up to $50,000 each of OPC (Other People's Cash) in exchange for their votes. Her support among Dems quickly doubled.

I agree, if she wants to pay more, there is a line on her IRS return that allows her to pay what she thinks is her fair share. I wonder if anyone really does. I prefer giving my money to charities that I want to give to.
That was my point. We don't need big, greasy central gov't to decide who gets what and how much others must pay. Pocahontas Warren last month offered those with college debt up to $50,000 each of OPC (Other People's Cash) in exchange for their votes. Her support among Dems quickly doubled.

Pocahontas....and you so want to be taken seriously.

Fertility rates are falling across the board, people are waiting later and later (if ever) to start families, and are having fewer (if any) children when they do. Meanwhile, the death-mongers continue their abortion fetish. How will (near) future governments and citizens address the many consequences of a declining population? It can't be put off forever.
That is why we need LEGAL immigration to this country.
Even without a single immigrant this country would not be losing population. Only our rate of increase is declining.
Sorry, you're wrong. The birth rate is below replacement value.
Nope, you're wrong again - 4 mil births, 2.7 mil deaths - begging the question: do you ever get anything right? Ever?

I can't pay FICA taxes. The law won't allow it. The tax is only imposed on earned income as in wages and salaries. There is no line in the tax form for me or anyone to pay into or more into the social security fund.

I guess you and the person you're replying to don't understand the difference between FICA and FIT taxes. FICA is social security. FIT is federal income taxes. They are two very different taxes.

Yes a person can pay more into federal income taxes. No one can pay above the cap on FICA and no one can pay a penny in FICA if they don't earn income as in wages or salaries. FICA taxes aren't and can't be imposed on unearned income. It's the law.

Please learn about what you're talking about before you post. That way a person like me can't have fun making a total fool of you pointing out honest facts all intelligent people know.
Once more: You have the right - as do we all - to share your wealth without gov't intervention. We do not need a big, slimy central gov't to determine who gets what and how much others must pay.

Please think before you post.

So when lefties say Orangeman, tRump or other like comments, they don't want to be taken seriously? Have you ever mentioned that to them? Just curious.

Humor is a wonderful thing, not that one such as you would understand, and the point you must assiduously avoid is that many don't care who is made to pay, they want "free" stuff and they want it now. Pocahontas will gladly buy their votes and use the public trough to do it.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." - A.F. Tytler

Once more: You have the right - as do we all - to share your wealth without gov't intervention. We do not need a big, slimy central gov't to determine who gets what and how much others must pay.

Please think before you post.

Did you know in Europe countries allow you to send more to your retirement account and it is partially privatized. I believe it is Britain and either Norway and Finland.

Why doesn't the US government allow us those choices, we would all be better off.

Humor is a wonderful thing, not that one such as you would understand, and the point you must assiduously avoid is that many don't care who is made to pay, they want "free" stuff and they want it now. Pocahontas will gladly buy their votes and use the public trough to do it.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." - A.F. Tytler

When exactly do you use humor? You suffer from conservative humor is very much like 9 year girls backstabbing each other for attention.

Your use of a racial slur to refer to Senator Warren doesn't make anyone here outside of the bubble read your posts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back