Baby Bust

...As a person who doesn't pay one penny in FICA taxes on my unearned income, I don't think it's fair. People like me should be paying FICA taxes on every penny we make.
You have the right - as do we all - to share your wealth without gov't intervention.

I agree, if she wants to pay more, there is a line on her IRS return that allows her to pay what she thinks is her fair share. I wonder if anyone really does.

I prefer giving my money to charities that I want to give to.

I can't pay FICA taxes. The law won't allow it. The tax is only imposed on earned income as in wages and salaries. There is no line in the tax form for me or anyone to pay into or more into the social security fund.

I guess you and the person you're replying to don't understand the difference between FICA and FIT taxes. FICA is social security. FIT is federal income taxes. They are two very different taxes.

Yes a person can pay more into federal income taxes. No one can pay above the cap on FICA and no one can pay a penny in FICA if they don't earn income as in wages or salaries. FICA taxes aren't and can't be imposed on unearned income. It's the law.

Please learn about what you're talking about before you post. That way a person like me can't have fun making a total fool of you pointing out honest facts all intelligent people know.
Once more: You have the right - as do we all - to share your wealth without gov't intervention. We do not need a big, slimy central gov't to determine who gets what and how much others must pay.

Please think before you post.

Did you know in Europe countries allow you to send more to your retirement account and it is partially privatized. I believe it is Britain and either Norway and Finland.

Why doesn't the US government allow us those choices, we would all be better off.
401K and Sep-IRAs.

Many young couples have figured out kids cost $$. So they have decided to forego kids in hopes of garnering other things. Can't really blame them when wages are what they are and 2 people have to work to survive much less add another mouth to feed. The era of the big families is dwnidling replaced by less or no kids.

Add to that a lot of young people have huge college loans to repay.

People can't afford to have kids.

No, they are making other choices.

That's what my ex and I did.

We held off on children until his 4 student loans were paid, we owned a house and could raise our child properly.

I'm sure there's a percentage of people now who are doing the same thing.

What is the problem? Why are you upset that people aren't having a lot of kids they can't afford and don't want anymore? Here's a fun fact for you, ever since the pill came on the market women have been having less children and waiting longer to have them.

Which shows a couple things. First that women don't want to have a lot of kids. Second that women want to have lives of their own and third when given the opportunity, they choose having lives of their own instead of being a brude mare for some man.

It's not your business and you have no right to tell anyone how to live their lives.

What are you going to do? Take birth control from them now?

Bummer for you. There's nothing you can do about it.

Relax Princess, I’m just pointing out that a declining population is going to bring challenges that should be considered before they are immediate.
So you’re more worried that we aren’t having enough kids to continue the growth than you are the fact we are overpopulated and causing man made climate change?

Population shrinking is a good thing if you believe humans are responsible for global warming.

You clearly don’t believe in global warming. God help your students.

You can kiss schemes like social security goodbye, while at the same time dealing with a ballooning elderly population and vanishing working population.

Then social security taxes will have to be imposed on all income. It's only imposed on wages and salary now.

The government will have to start taxing unearned income for social security which I think should have happened a long time ago.

There are a lot of people in America who live off unearned income and don't pay social security taxes. They will have to start paying that tax.

Oh of course! More taxes! That’ll do it.

Now try thinking a little further out.
Don’t you suggest a solution for all our problems can be engineered?

What is the worst thing that would happen if our population were cut in half? I mean besides corporate profits

Many young couples have figured out kids cost $$. So they have decided to forego kids in hopes of garnering other things. Can't really blame them when wages are what they are and 2 people have to work to survive much less add another mouth to feed. The era of the big families is dwnidling replaced by less or no kids.

We held off on children until his 4 student loans were paid, we owned a house and could raise our child properly.

What is the problem? Why are you upset that people aren't having a lot of kids they can't afford and don't want anymore? Here's a fun fact for you, ever since the pill came on the market women have been having less children and waiting longer to have them.

Which shows a couple things. First that women don't want to have a lot of kids. Second that women want to have lives of their own and third when given the opportunity, they choose having lives of their own instead of being a brude mare for some man.

It's not your business and you have no right to tell anyone how to live their lives.

Relax Princess, I’m just pointing out that a declining population is going to bring challenges that should be considered before they are immediate.

I am relaxed. It seems like you're the one who is so upset that women aren't having a lot of kids anymore.

The fact that women aren't having a bunch of kids shows that past generations of women probably didn't want to have a lot of kids but they had no choice.

Whine about it all you want. Humans adapt. We will adapt to a changing population.
Cons like him want it both ways. They tell people to be personally responsible and when poor people listen they cry we aren’t having enough kids.

It’s easy. Pay every American at least what unkotare makes and then people will start having more kids.

Guys like unkotare voted for republicans who sent millions of manufacturing jobs overseas and today the masses work for Walmart not ford. People at Walmart should not have kids. They can’t afford kids.

And even college grads can’t afford them.

This is great because we are overpopulated

I am relaxed. It seems like you're the one who is so upset that women aren't having a lot of kids anymore.

The fact that women aren't having a bunch of kids shows that past generations of women probably didn't want to have a lot of kids ...

Ease back on the militant feminism. Generally speaking, both a man and a woman are involved in the process.

Fertility rates are falling across the board, people are waiting later and later (if ever) to start families, and are having fewer (if any) children when they do. Meanwhile, the death-mongers continue their abortion fetish.

How will (near) future governments and citizens address the many consequences of a declining population? It can't be put off forever.

The birth rate in America doesn't determine the rights of women.

Who said it does?

Fertility rates are falling across the board, people are waiting later and later (if ever) to start families, and are having fewer (if any) children when they do. Meanwhile, the death-mongers continue their abortion fetish. How will (near) future governments and citizens address the many consequences of a declining population? It can't be put off forever.
That is why we need LEGAL immigration to this country.
Even without a single immigrant this country would not be losing population. Only our rate of increase is declining.
Sorry, you're wrong. The birth rate is below replacement value.
Nope, you're wrong again - 4 mil births, 2.7 mil deaths - begging the question: do you ever get anything right? Ever?

I don’t think you understand what it means.

Fertility rates are falling across the board, people are waiting later and later (if ever) to start families, and are having fewer (if any) children when they do. Meanwhile, the death-mongers continue their abortion fetish.

How will (near) future governments and citizens address the many consequences of a declining population? It can't be put off forever.
Need to do what Hungary and Russia did. Give incentives to families to have children. We are expecting our 5th in November. My brother has 5,my mother had 5. People claiming they can't afford kids are full of shit.

Fertility rates are falling across the board, people are waiting later and later (if ever) to start families, and are having fewer (if any) children when they do. Meanwhile, the death-mongers continue their abortion fetish. How will (near) future governments and citizens address the many consequences of a declining population? It can't be put off forever.
Even without a single immigrant this country would not be losing population. Only our rate of increase is declining.
Nope, you're wrong again - 4 mil births, 2.7 mil deaths - begging the question: do you ever get anything right? Ever?

I know exactly what it means, do you?

U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low; Fertility Rate Sinks Further Below Replacement Level

So you’re more worried that we aren’t having enough kids to continue the growth than you are the fact we are overpopulated and causing man made climate change?

Population shrinking is a good thing if you believe humans are responsible for global warming.

You clearly don’t believe in global warming. God help your students.

Who is “we”?

There is no overpopulation.

You don’t believe in God.

U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low; Fertility Rate Sinks Further Below Replacement Level

I wasn’t responding to you. Pay attention, dummy.

I wasn’t responding to you. Pay attention, dummy.

Sure

Obviously this will require government to step in and mandate breeding on fertility farms. Of course the breeding must be selective. No whites. No Asians. No IQ greater than 87. Perfect for molding into reliable liberal voters, fully dependent.

I recall that being tried once before with blonde, blue-eyed couples.....I'm sure you found that inspirational.

Obviously this will require government to step in and mandate breeding on fertility farms. Of course the breeding must be selective. No whites. No Asians. No IQ greater than 87. Perfect for molding into reliable liberal voters, fully dependent.

I recall that being tried once before with blonde, blue-eyed couples.....I'm sure you found that inspirational.

Isn’t it a little early to be drinking so hard?

Forum List

Back