Bachmann’s Husband Tied To ‘Pray Away The Gay Therapy’

What, no response Momanohedhunter?

I'll give you one.

First, I agree with you, sexual orientation is hard wired into people and probably cannot be changed, and it's foolish to try.

But your articles are not what you presented them as.

The CNN one, you said a 17 year old was "forced", but the article read ...

In 2004, Ramirez turned to the clinic at the urging of his mother who wanted him to talk about his homosexuality...

After the second session, Ramirez told his mother, Beth Shellenbarger, he wanted to stop the therapy.

"And I could just hear his voice quiver and I just said, 'you know, Andy, if you're good with being gay then I am too,'" Shellenbarger said.

Wow... that's hardly a forceful parent. I could imagine what happened when she tried to make him eat his peas.

End of the day, none of this would matter. Frankly, I have gay friends, and I'd have no problem with it if they got gay marriage tomorrow.

But my big problem is how Obama has so screwed the economy up that I'm stuck in a job where I'm working for far less than I'm worth (or was even making five years ago) because there is nothing better out there.

The Obama Way, Working Harder for Less Money- and you'd better learn to like it.

You're answering without following the conversation. Whatshisface, HedHunter, said there was no proof that the Fabulous Bachmann clinic did not treat children with conversion therapy. A 17 year old isn't an adult.

And blaming this economy on President Obama is like blaming your hangover on the guy cleaning up the puke.

I never said they did not, I said they were not forced to. Man, you lib's lie a bunch.

I agree with you and I really wouldn't care if he was paid for counseling by Medicaid.

As long as the counseling was not faith based. Feds should not fund that.

Uhhh.........dude..........prayer IS faith based.

Uhhh, dude, it was not funded by gubment money. You all have been saying it was, and that people were forcing men, women and children to undergo the therapy. You have been proven to be telling lies several times in this thread. It has come full circle several times and you guys have been posting the same links to the same articles with out reading them. The very fact that it is no longer news is proof that there is nothing. Face it, you lost the argument. Now be good little libs and move on to the migraine thread.

I am sick and tired of hearing the arguments opposing gay marriage and anything and just about everything gay.
If a conservative Republican country boy done good like me can see that gay folks by and large are just ordinary folks that want the same rights as everyone else, fall in love with someone of the same sex and want to make a committment to them with marriage then it ain't rocket science folks.
I can't wait until the day in my old age when everyone that looks down on gay folks is considered a damn fool by the vast majority. And we be getting there.

I am sick and tired of hearing the arguments opposing gay marriage and anything and just about everything gay.
If a conservative Republican country boy done good like me can see that gay folks by and large are just ordinary folks that want the same rights as everyone else, fall in love with someone of the same sex and want to make a committment to them with marriage then it ain't rocket science folks.
I can't wait until the day in my old age when everyone that looks down on gay folks is considered a damn fool by the vast majority. And we be getting there.

Another emotional response, and another attempt to redirect a thread. Gay marriage is covered in another thread.

Another emotional response, and another attempt to redirect a thread. Gay marriage is covered in another thread.

What, homosexuality an emotional issue?

You're answering without following the conversation. Whatshisface, HedHunter, said there was no proof that the Fabulous Bachmann clinic did not treat children with conversion therapy. A 17 year old isn't an adult.

How is it President Obama's fault that George Bush and a continuation of Reagonomics destroyed our economy?

You know, at a certain point, Obama's going to need to pull up his big boy pants and take responsibility for his own economy.

17 years old is old enough to drive, join the military, be held accountable for crimes, quit school if you choose to, get an abortion without your parent's permission.

Point was, his mother (probably not wanting to spend her last moments with him in an AIDS clinic) pointed him towards therapy not to be gay. When he said, "Nope", she accepted it.

Interestingly enough, Leon Panetta and the JCS are going to say that there is no significant impact on letting gays serve openly tomorrow morning and are going to certify the repeal of DADT.

Obama is supposed to certify it tomorrow afternoon.

Just for you Momanohedhunter:

More Reparative Therapy being FORCED on a child...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-irAT0viF0"]The Sissy Boy Experiment[/ame]

This guy gave testimony before a FEDERAL COURT about his experience being FORCED into conversion therapy:

Exclusive: Prop 8 trial witness Ryan Kendall speaks out for equality

And then there was the boy who blogged about his parents forcing him to attend an "ex gay" camp...

Gay teen to be released soon from Tennessee ex-gay camp

Which the good Reverend Falwell thought was just hunky dory...

Falwell: Forcing gay kids into “reparative therapy” OK

Forcing kids into harmful conversion therapy is apparently prevalent enough for the Yale Journal of Health Policy, Law and Ethics to write an article about it...

Does "Reparative" Therapy Really Constitute Child Abuse?: A Closer Look

And finally...

“REPARATIVE” THERAPY: WHETHER PARENTAL ATTEMPTS TO CHANGE A CHILD’S SEXUAL ORIENTATION CAN LEGALLY CONSTITUTE CHILD ABUSE

Last edited:
Just for you Momanohedhunter:

More Reparative Therapy being FORCED on a child...

The Sissy Boy Experiment

This guy gave testimony before a FEDERAL COURT about his experience being FORCED into conversion therapy:

Exclusive: Prop 8 trial witness Ryan Kendall speaks out for equality

And then there was the boy who blogged about his parents forcing him to attend an "ex gay" camp...

Gay teen to be released soon from Tennessee ex-gay camp

Which the good Reverend Falwell thought was just hunky dory...

Falwell: Forcing gay kids into “reparative therapy” OK

Forcing kids into harmful conversion therapy is apparently prevalent enough for the Yale Journal of Health Policy, Law and Ethics to write an article about it...

Does "Reparative" Therapy Really Constitute Child Abuse?: A Closer Look

And finally...

“REPARATIVE” THERAPY: WHETHER PARENTAL ATTEMPTS TO CHANGE A CHILD’S SEXUAL ORIENTATION CAN LEGALLY CONSTITUTE CHILD ABUSE

Do you read that shit before you post it ? Still no examples of kids physically being held down and forced to do anything. All your links are opinions and testamentary that have come to nothing. Seriously, read that shit. All of it. You still got nothing. You have only posted a lawyers opinion, political testimony, and a sob story. And even then, you still cant show Bachmann forced anyone to undergo the therapy, and that he took government money for doing it. You are still zero for zero.

Last edited:
If a parent takes a kid to the dentist the kid is being forced to go to the dentist. Ok with me.
If a parent takes a kid to the pray away the gay kook the kid isbeing forced to go to the pray away the gay kook. Not okay and needs to be banned.
What about that does someone not understand?
Or is not willing to admit that they are too stubborn to admit they are wrong.

If a parent takes a kid to the dentist the kid is being forced to go to the dentist. Ok with me.
If a parent takes a kid to the pray away the gay kook the kid isbeing forced to go to the pray away the gay kook. Not okay and needs to be banned.

Banned? By whom?

Banned? By whom?

If you opened up a therapy palace where you offered counseling for those that are left handed and you took $$$ in any shape or form from anyone at anytime you would be committing fraud. No one can change someone born being left handed.
Fraud is banned. Laws ban fraud.

Banned? By whom?

If you opened up a therapy palace where you offered counseling for those that are left handed and you took $$$ in any shape or form from anyone at anytime you would be committing fraud. No one can change someone born being left handed.
Again, banned by whom? Who do you want to ban this therapy?

Banned? By whom?

Ware is the fraud ? You are responding with emotion and opinion. Still zero on the facts.

the obama's are marxists. that's why dims love em so much.. they keep filling up their sugar titties.

Wrong, they are corporatists, but nice attempt at trying to be intelligent. Try harder next time.

Plus, nice red herring. Do you have anymore logical fallacies up your sleeve?

You fucking Know it all Libs amuse me. No idea WTF your talking about, but not afraid to say it loudly.

Fucking Retards.

I wonder if Bachmann's "pray away the gay" therapy is based on the same theory of getting rid of violence in A Clockwork Orange?

I'm watching the movie right now and their ideas towards violence are pretty much the same as Bachmann's towards gays.

Last edited:
What about that does someone not understand?
Or is not willing to admit that they are too stubborn to admit they are wrong.

I guess I'm having a problem understanding the difference.

Parents are the best judge of what is good for their children, not government bureaucrats.

Yes, if there are CLEAR SIGNS OF ABUSE, that should be stopped. But just because YOU don't like the choices the parents make... I'm not sure I want to go there. Unless we can get teaching kids liberalism to be considered an abuse.

Now, I'm an old guy, and frankly, a lot of what the nuns did in the 1970's and my parents did would be considered "abuse" today. But I look at these kids who are out of control, not responsible and not mature even into their 30's and wonder what we were doing was so wrong.

Eventually, we make our own choices as adults. Heck, despite 12 years of religious teaching, I was an agnostic before I left college.

Banned? By whom?

Ware is the fraud ? You are responding with emotion and opinion. Still zero on the facts.

Tell me how you cure someone that is left handed, make them right handed with "therapy".
If you do not know that is fraud under the law then you are seriously misinformed. Y
Under your logic one can open a car repair shop where you pray to get your car fixed and you can collect $$$ for it legally.
Son, that is illegal and that is fraud. No emotion or opinion there Moe. Facts.
Of course throw in religion and people legally committ fraud daily with their "Heayelll, I wills heayell ya" BS.
Is that what you are talking about is legal? That kind of fraud?

Forum List

Back