Background checks and increase age to own a gun.

Trump went on air this morning promoting background checks, increasing the age to purchase a gun, and getting rid of the policy that expunges the records of minors when they turn 18.

Thoughts?

Trump: Congress discussing 'meaningful' gun background checks, NRA will have input
No.

Enforce the laws that already exist. What good are these new laws going to be if they are going to be left to gather dust like the old ones?
Years of saying that ain’t saving nobody.

And making new laws doesn't seem to be saving anyone, either.
Well that’s because we haven’t. Actually laws were taken away.

Would the laws that were 'taken away' have played a direct role in stopping the shooter in El Paso or Dayton?
Yes. The assault weapons ban and magazine limits would have slowed them for certain. Dayton fired at least 41 shots in 30 seconds.

No.

Enforce the laws that already exist. What good are these new laws going to be if they are going to be left to gather dust like the old ones?

Would the laws that were 'taken away' have played a direct role in stopping the shooter in El Paso or Dayton?
Yes. The assault weapons ban and magazine limits would have slowed them for certain. Dayton fired at least 41 shots in 30 seconds.

Yeah. Even with the proposed amount being restricted, getting multiple magazines is still easy to do. You can ban assault weapons but killers will get them on the black market. Until you can stop the flow of assault weapon in and out of the black market, no ban of any kind will be effective.

Trump went on air this morning promoting background checks, increasing the age to purchase a gun, and getting rid of the policy that expunges the records of minors when they turn 18.

Thoughts?

Trump: Congress discussing 'meaningful' gun background checks, NRA will have input

I always said only Trump can kill Trump. He is preparing to shoot him self in the head (politically) in the next few months. And not expunging records? First off, most felonys won't be cleared, especially violent ones. So Trump made all this hay about prison reform, yet he wants to make it so a kid caught with an ounce of weed at 16 will basically have their lives destroyed. If Trump does any of this I'll vote democrat in 2020.

Given the shit sandwich that was served up with two mass shootings in two days and the frenzy that came afterwards Trump is managing this pretty well.

He has taken AWB off the table and he is using the term "meaningful" instead of UBC.

God help us if we get a Democrat Congress and a Democrat President.

In the end Trump is just another politician wanting 4 more years. He has already demonstrated a willingness to ban stupid shit when this happens. He needs to be very careful how he proceeds or he will cut his own throat. Not even Sean Hannity slobbering all over him will save him from his base not turning out.

Yeah. Even with the proposed amount being restricted, getting multiple magazines is still easy to do. You can ban assault weapons but killers will get them on the black market. Until you can stop the flow of assault weapon in and out of the black market, no ban of any kind will be effective.
The shooter fired 41 times in 30 seconds. Had he needed to change magazines several times, fewer round would have been fired and lives saved.

Sounds like a reasonable discussion to have I will be curious to see what the age limit to buy a gun will be.
Republicans might support age 18 which is what most have now. IMHO, it should be age 25 with exception being members of the military or law enforcement. The human brain is developing at age 21. By 25 the brain should be fully developed. Judging from friends of my grand kids, at age 18, they don't have the emotion maturity and many are still in the teenage crazies.

The shooter fired 41 times in 30 seconds. Had he needed to change magazines several times, fewer round would have been fired and lives saved.

The whole idea is to stop him from ever pulling the trigger, is it not?

Saving lives is the idea. We need to do what we can.

There is a common misconception that the United States is one of the top few countries, if not the top country, that have the highest mass shooting rates. But the truth of the matter is that the United States is actually number sixty-six on the list of countries in terms of mass shooting rates.

That finding rings true when all countries around the world are taken into consideration. Looking at the United States alongside all the countries in Europe alone, the United States has the twelfth highest mass shooting rate. A few of the European countries with a higher mass shooting rate than the United States include Russia, Norway, France, Switzerland and Finland.

It certainly seems that the United States has the highest mass shootings rate of all the land, but this has been proven untrue. In recent years, the Crime Prevention Research Center released information regarding the annual death rates as a result of mass shootings around the world.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/co...0tWGTLqu6KIHj5T7GbNmypezoH6Sm50aheYRefUHgsOhY

Thoughts?

I always said only Trump can kill Trump. He is preparing to shoot him self in the head (politically) in the next few months. And not expunging records? First off, most felonys won't be cleared, especially violent ones. So Trump made all this hay about prison reform, yet he wants to make it so a kid caught with an ounce of weed at 16 will basically have their lives destroyed. If Trump does any of this I'll vote democrat in 2020.

Given the shit sandwich that was served up with two mass shootings in two days and the frenzy that came afterwards Trump is managing this pretty well.

He has taken AWB off the table and he is using the term "meaningful" instead of UBC.

In the end Trump is just another politician wanting 4 more years. He has already demonstrated a willingness to ban stupid shit when this happens. He needs to be very careful how he proceeds or he will cut his own throat. Not even Sean Hannity slobbering all over him will save him from his base not turning out.

If Trump does something stupid with gun control he will lose a sizable portion of his base.

He is smart enough to know that.

He knows doing something stupid like a UBC or god forbid another silly AWB will not get any Moon Bats to vote for him but will lose Conservative voters in several of the swing states.

Is is not like us Conservative gun owners will vote for the Moon Bat candidate but we will be less enthusiastic. Just ask McCain and Romney what happens with a less than enthusiastic Conservative voter base.

Trump is playing Rope a Dope with the Moon Bats with his "meaningful" approach to gun control. They know it but their ain't much they can do about it. Trump is smarter than they are.

To the extent of which would be limiting magazine size and banning assault weapons. Whether I agree with you or not, banning assault weapons is Constitutionally problematic.

Thoughts?

If Trump does something stupid with gun control he will lose a sizable portion of his base.

He knows doing something stupid like a UBC or god forbid another silly AWB will not get any Moon Bats to vote for him but will lose Conservative voters in several of the swing states.

Is is not like us Conservative gun owners will vote for the Moon Bat candidate but we will be less enthusiastic. Just ask McCain and Romney what happens with a less than enthusiastic Conservative voter base.

Trump is playing Rope a Dope with the Moon Bats with his "meaningful" approach to gun control. They know it but their ain't much they can do about it. Trump is smarter than they are.

Hope so.

Thoughts?

Politics first, who cares about public safety.

Thoughts?

The braidy bill was supposed to make the public safe. What happened?

[Q

I think the US passed that point many many years ago. The few countries that have been spared gun violence such as Japan have a long history of gun control. Guns were introduced in Japan in 1588 and gun control began in 1624. Today police do not usually carry guns. Gun related deaths in the US is 200 times greater than Japan.

With great power comes great responsibility.

With Liberty comes the responsibility to act responsible. However, not everybody is going to do that. God found that out with Caine, didn't he?

I would much rather live in a country with Liberty and be slightly less safe than to live in a country that oppressed my Liberty.

Taking my firearms away prevents me from having the ability to protect my family and does absolutely nothing to affect the great majority of gun crime among the mostly inner city thugs, druggies, gang bangers, etc that commit the great majority of the crimes.
Well, I guess we need take the guns away from druggies and gang bangers but that would be taking away their right to bear arms.

To the extent of which would be limiting magazine size and banning assault weapons. Whether I agree with you or not, banning assault weapons is Constitutionally problematic.
No more problematic than highly regulating machines guns. Scalia admitted the 2nd is limited.

Sounds like a reasonable discussion to have I will be curious to see what the age limit to buy a gun will be.
Republicans might support age 18 which is what most have now. IMHO, it should be age 25 with exception being members of the military or law enforcement. The human brain is developing at age 21. By 25 the brain should be fully developed. Judging from friends of my grand kids, at age 18, they don't have the emotion maturity and many are still in the teenage crazies.
I would be fine with it anywhere between 21 and 25 the sad part is no matter what they come up with the right will say it goes to far and the left not far enough.

The braidy bill was supposed to make the public safe. What happened?
Homicides dropped drastically.

Thoughts?

Ask the Democrats that control big city shiholes holes like Chicago and Baltimore where most of the gun crime in this country takes place if they give a shit about public safety. They don't.

They don't want to stop gun crime among the Democrat voting Negroes crminals in South Chicago. They want to take the guns away from the South Georgia farmer that never committed a crime because he votes Republican.

It has never been about public safety. With the Liberals is about taking guns away from White people that oppose the Liberal agenda to make this country a socialist shithole.

Forum List

Back