Background checks in Colorado stop 38 from buying guns who were convicted of ....

OK, to your question, if I personally knew of someone who was dealing in illegal gun sales I would tell the police.

now, to your naivete, no one buying a gun illegally submits to a background check, they already know that they would not pass it.

it would be impossible to enforce background checks on personal gun sales----unless all guns were registered with the govt--------do you think maybe thats the real goal of the leftists in DC? registration makes confiscation much easier.

WAKE THE FUCK UP

All of these people in Colorado were denied guns and some were arrested. It was pointed out that they could just buy them on the black market.

I guess that only says that criminals in Colorado are stupid, what other conclusion can be drawn from that?

You can draw the conclusion that background checks work.

OK, to your question, if I personally knew of someone who was dealing in illegal gun sales I would tell the police.

now, to your naivete, no one buying a gun illegally submits to a background check, they already know that they would not pass it.

it would be impossible to enforce background checks on personal gun sales----unless all guns were registered with the govt--------do you think maybe thats the real goal of the leftists in DC? registration makes confiscation much easier.

WAKE THE FUCK UP

All of these people in Colorado were denied guns and some were arrested. It was pointed out that they could just buy them on the black market.

And just how do you think guns make it on the "black market?" Are they shipped to a black market store after leaving the factory? My guess is that the guns on the black market, were once on the "normal market" and were sold by others to those who can't buy guns.

If criminals can find the black market guns, then the police should be able to find them.

You did not answer my question. And if the police are aware of them and raid them, then it must be more difficult for someone who fails a background check to buy one on the black market.

WAKE THE FUCK UP

All of these people in Colorado were denied guns and some were arrested.
What, 38?...In how many total gun sales?

Yeah, background checks are totally effective! :rolleyes:

It was pointed out that they could just buy them on the black market.
Which they still can do, once released back onto the streets.

Last edited:

WAKE THE FUCK UP

You should read it again.

Background checks in Colorado stop 38 from buying guns who were convicted of homicides, 600 burglars, 1300 who committed felonious assaults, 400 had existing restraining orders were stopped, and 236 showed up to pick up their guns but were arrested because of existing warrants for violent felonies

Colorado gun law now requires background checks to buy guns - Video on NBCNews.com

Regulation is NOT gun control. Gun control is a STRICTLY NO GUN zone!
There IS a difference, and ENFORCED REGULATION *WORKS*!

Republicans call that a tragedy and an attack on "Felon's Rights". We need to concentrate on taking away the rights of pregnant women. All Republicans know that's the real danger.

You should read it again.
I read it...Still doesn't tell me how many false positives there were.

And just how do you think guns make it on the "black market?" Are they shipped to a black market store after leaving the factory? My guess is that the guns on the black market, were once on the "normal market" and were sold by others to those who can't buy guns.

If criminals can find the black market guns, then the police should be able to find them.

I hardly think so. So a cop is gonna be able to find that friend of a friend of a friend who got this dude a gun to go rob a liquor store? lol The day our government can do that, is the day I leave this country, for we will have lost all sense of privacy

Background checks in Colorado stop 38 from buying guns who were convicted of homicides, 600 burglars, 1300 who committed felonious assaults, 400 had existing restraining orders were stopped, and 236 showed up to pick up their guns but were arrested because of existing warrants for violent felonies

Colorado gun law now requires background checks to buy guns - Video on NBCNews.com

Republicans call that a tragedy and an attack on "Felon's Rights". We need to concentrate on taking away the rights of pregnant women. All Republicans know that's the real danger.

Bahahaha!!! That is funny because it's true... silly republicans still trying to own women, and tell them what they can and can't do. And they are sitting their wondering why their party is losing popularity as fast as they are..

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives- John Stuart Mill

I guess that only says that criminals in Colorado are stupid, what other conclusion can be drawn from that?

You can draw the conclusion that background checks work.

are you claiming that those guys did not get guns illegally after being denied a legal buy?

legal is cheaper, thats the only difference.

Bahahaha!!! That is funny because it's true... silly republicans still trying to own women, and tell them what they can and can't do. And they are sitting their wondering why their party is losing popularity as fast as they are..

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives- John Stuart Mill

so in your small mind not wanting innocent children murdered is "owning women" ?

its OK with you libs to kill them before they are born, but its a tragedy if they are killed after they are born----------you are idiots.

when dealing with criminals "caveat emptor" is vital to your survival.

But to your question. I could go to a safe location in New Orleans today and buy any kind of gun that I wanted. The price would be higher than a gun shop, but they are available--and no background checks, imagine that.

I do believe that sometimes criminals can find a way to get a gun from another criminal. That sometimes someone really desperate will find a way to get a guy. But I think you are basing your idea of a 'black market' on watching TV and movies. If there is a place that you, an ordinary law-abiding citizen, knows of where you can go and buy an illegal gun, why don't you tell the police, why don't you turn these people in? And if it is so obvious and easy, why don't the police know about it? Why don't they bust these people? Because there is no 'black market,' there is no place where ordinary people know to just go and buy a gun. If it was that easy, all those people with records that the background check stopped would have gone there instead because they would know a background check would keep them from getting a legal gun.

You're lying! I could get a gun tomorrow, if I wanted to...just talk to the right guy in Dorchester, Mattapan, or Lowell. They don't get busted because I suspect half their guns walk through the back door of the police station.

Half those guns came right out of the evidence locker of the police department. They were previously confiscated.

I hardly think so. So a cop is gonna be able to find that friend of a friend of a friend who got this dude a gun to go rob a liquor store? lol The day our government can do that, is the day I leave this country, for we will have lost all sense of privacy

You will leave the country when the police are able to stop criminals from getting guns?

You will leave the country when the police are able to stop criminals from getting guns?

The black market will thrive as long as we have privacy. Once that is gone.. we will still be America?If the government controls everything, then they will be able to stop all guns from getting into the hands of criminals.. thats all I am saying

I do believe that sometimes criminals can find a way to get a gun from another criminal. That sometimes someone really desperate will find a way to get a guy. But I think you are basing your idea of a 'black market' on watching TV and movies. If there is a place that you, an ordinary law-abiding citizen, knows of where you can go and buy an illegal gun, why don't you tell the police, why don't you turn these people in? And if it is so obvious and easy, why don't the police know about it? Why don't they bust these people? Because there is no 'black market,' there is no place where ordinary people know to just go and buy a gun. If it was that easy, all those people with records that the background check stopped would have gone there instead because they would know a background check would keep them from getting a legal gun.

You're lying! I could get a gun tomorrow, if I wanted to...just talk to the right guy in Dorchester, Mattapan, or Lowell. They don't get busted because I suspect half their guns walk through the back door of the police station.

Half those guns came right out of the evidence locker of the police department. They were previously confiscated.

Another myth created by watching too much television and movies.

Will that law stop someone from buying one illegally or stealing one? Will it stop someone who is mentally disturbed but has no record of it from buying one?does it do anything to address the causes behind gun violence?

so in your small mind not wanting innocent children murdered is "owning women" ?

its OK with you libs to kill them before they are born, but its a tragedy if they are killed after they are born----------you are idiots.

Yes, that is exactly it. Telling a woman what she can and can't do with her body is "owning" them. I do believe that would be the very definition. When people owned slaves, they told them exactly what they could and couldn't do. Kinda the same thing. If you don't buy that, try this one on. What if women started making laws about men getting a vasectomy, requiring men over 35 to get one. How would you feel if someone was trying to tell you what you can and can't do with your reproductive rights? And don't give me that shit about abortion is murder, infanticide, or any other name you can think of because of 2 reasons:
1) Abortions are not allowed after the first trimester. Before the first trimester, the "baby" is nothing but rapidly developing cells. Not a person yet.
2) A baby is not legally considered to be alive until it takes its first breath outside the womb. How is it "murder" when the baby isn't even considered alive? And the definition of murder is the taking of someones life. Hope you can follow that.
These stupid fucking conservatives need to keep religion out of politics. It's really getting old. Abortion, gay marriage, and the like are religious arguments, and have absolutely no place in politics. If you're against abortion, don't have one. Don't like gays getting married, don't have it done at your twisted church. It's that simple. Get the fuck over it and move on. And I say your twisted church because all of you shit Christians out there saying all fags are going to hell, and God hates fags, have distorted such a great religion. Where I went to church I was taught God loved ALL his children. I never heard of a fine print in the Bible that says He loves all his children except fags. Must have slept that day in Sunday school. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Hey genius...why are 38 people who commited homicide allowed to breathe AND be out of jail???????????

Yeah, that is the really the issue that people are glossing over here. Why are these people not in prison? We wouldn't have to worry about murderers and violent thugs getting their hands on weapons of any kind and hurting people if we didn't have a justice system that was nothing more than a revolving door.

When I lived in Charlotte there was a man arrested for trying to kidnap a kid in a park about a a year ago. The man already had a rap sheet of being arrested 103 times. How the fuck is somebody like that not behind bars for life??

Forum List

Back