🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

I didn't pass a law. The law crossed my constitutional right. See how that works?

How did the law cross your constitutional right? Explain exactly what constitutional right of YOURS has been crossed.

I believe marriage is a man and woman and I don't want to back a wedding cake for something my religion condemns.

That's fine...don't live in a state where they have equal access laws for businesses. Or else, get your state legislators to repeal such laws...which do not just apply to gay customers.

Who cares about My religious beliefs? The founding fathers cared and put it in the Constitution to protect me from nasty trash like you.

Your religious beliefs are protected so that YOU can practice your faith without government interference....that, however how sad that may make you, does NOT permit you to force your own religious beliefs on the rest of us in the form of codified laws.

See how that works? :D

I didn't pass a law. The law crossed my constitutional right. See how that works?

Nonsense.

Public accommodations laws are perfectly Constitutional (Heart of Atlanta Motel v. U.S (1964)).

And as such in no way 'violate' religious liberty.

Your religious beliefs are protected so that YOU can practice your faith without government interference....that, however how sad that may make you, does NOT permit you to force your own religious beliefs on the rest of us in the form of codified laws.

Nonsense.

Public accommodations laws are perfectly Constitutional (Heart of Atlanta Motel v. U.S (1964)).

He doesn't like that the government won't let him discriminate.

******* and Jews don't violate my religious beliefs. Forcing me to be a part of your queer wedding does.

Who cares about YOUR religious beliefs....these are secular laws we are referring to.

Yes, we are seeing them all the time.

You have to serve people you don't want to (loss of liberty).

You have to have health insurance that you don't want (loss of liberty).

You guys are batting a 1000.

You are perfectly free not to have a business.

Businesses aren't people. they don't get to have exemptions to the law because the people who own them believe in Magic Sky Pixies.

Why would anybody force someone in the food business to make a product they don't want to produce? Who knows what they might put in it. I don't even send food back that was cooked wrong, like steak too undercooked or whatever. The cook could do anything to your order.
People with morals don't tamper with food, and they also do their damn jobs, like bake cakes.

How do you know that the person you are forcing to do something they don't want to do has morals? The best policy is to shop where your business is welcome anyway.

Yep, but we still want people to follow the law, and people with morals will.

How did the law cross your constitutional right? Explain exactly what constitutional right of YOURS has been crossed.

I believe marriage is a man and woman and I don't want to back a wedding cake for something my religion condemns.

That's fine...don't live in a state where they have equal access laws for businesses. Or else, get your state legislators to repeal such laws...which do not just apply to gay customers.

No. My Constitution rules.

You realize those women are the CUSTOMERS....not the service providers, right? :rofl:

Yes, but immaterial. Do women have the right to decide who they want to examine them or don't they? Would it be proper for government to force women to be attended to by male gynecologists in order to SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION?

Do these women have a right to free association or not?

I'm sorry...but it is TOTALLY material......customers can pick and choose their service providers at will. It's pretty interesting that I have to even tell you that.

Why can't employers pick and choose their employees? Why can't businesses pick and choose their customers? Your answer? It's against the law.

Well you know what, it was also against the law for blacks to vote and for women to vote. Why should women get the vote? They shouldn't, it's against the law for women to vote. Well, that's easy to solve, just change the law.

All you're doing is employing the Appeal to Law fallacy. This fallacy has no place in discussions focused on principles.

Your position, I assume, is that discrimination is wrong. Well, these women are discriminating. There's no doubt about that. So, what are you prepared to do to stop these women from sexually discriminating against male gynecologists?

If your answer is that these women have the right to free association, the right to pick and choose who they want in their life, that no law can supersede their human rights to make their own friends, pick their own physician, etc then you have to address the issue of human rights applying to one group of people and being denied to another group of people.

The law that you point to is morally and philosophically wrong. It privileges an orderly marketplace over the human rights of humans. Forced association with people you don't want to associate with is one form of totalitarian control over individual dignity.

If you believe that a woman being forced to be seen by a male gynecologist when her preference is to be seen by a female gynecologist is a direct attack on the woman's right to free association, then how do you imagine that the same form of indignity isn't being felt by people who provide services?

To defend totalitarianism by saying "It's the law" is ludicrous.

This isn't about "the law".

It's about control, intimidation and submission.

The law is merely the mechanism.

Nonsense.

You can't force someone to labor for you against their will if it violates their religious beliefs in America.

Nonsense.

He doesn't like that the government won't let him discriminate.

And yet you're defending the right of women to discriminate in their choice of male or female gynecologists.

Let's understand this basic identity: Discrimination = Freedom to choose. They're the same.

Your response above reads like this: "He doesn't like that the government won't let him have freedom of choice."

Thank God our founders were wise enough to foresee the nasty trash that demands Christians bow to their sick twisted crap.

Discrimination

n. The arbitrary imposition of unequal tariffs for substantially the same service.

n. The act of distinguishing; the act of observing, making, or marking a difference; distinction: as, the discrimination between right and wrong.

Last edited:

Indeed it does. And your Constitution doesn't allow you to discriminate against law abiding tax-paying fellow citizens because your religion doesn't like them.

Some religions don't like blacks....can't discriminate against them in a licensed business...too bad.

Some religions don't like people of other religions...can't discriminate against them in a licensed business...too bad.

Thank God our founders were wise enough to foresee the nasty trash that demands Christians bow to their sick twisted crap.

And how about the founders being wise enough to foresee the nasty trash that demands non-christians bow to every pseudo christian twisted crap? :D

Indeed it does. And your Constitution doesn't allow you to discriminate against law abiding tax-paying fellow citizens because your religion doesn't like them.

Some religions don't like blacks....can't discriminate against them in a licensed business...too bad.

Some religions don't like people of other religions...can't discriminate against them in a licensed business...too bad.

My Constitution says you can't force me to do something that violates my religious belief. If your law labels that as "discrimination", then the USSC will make a decision. Oh, and I'm not gonna attend your fucking indoctrination class. The rest of your post is ignorant bullshit.

Last edited:

Let's pass a law which mandates that only Evangelical Christians can hold jobs or start a business. Are you a Roman Catholic, a Jew or an Atheist and you want to earn a living to support your family. Too bad, the law says you don't qualify to hold a job. If you want to get a job in order to earn an income to support yourself and your family you simply have to convert to Evangelical Christianity.

In both cases here, the law is forcing people to sacrifice their human rights in order to make a living. You object, I assume, to forced religious conversion in order to enter the marketplace but you seem to LUV the idea of forced association in order to earn a living in the marketplace.

Raping human rights is never really a good idea.

And how about the founders being wise enough to foresee the nasty trash that demands non-christians bow to every pseudo christian twisted crap? :D

This should be good......so tell us what Christians are demanding you do against your will.

What you believe is incorrect. I don't care whether you hate the ******* or not, whether you feel it's your faith to hate them or not, if they pull up for gas and coffee, and have money, then that is what they get, your "faith" matters not a damn. You're a gas station, not a church or a club.

Pumping gas or baking cakes is not serving God. It's a business and they follow our rules, not yours.

That's not the complaint. Gays got service at the bakery just like everyone else. There was never a complaint that they were denied service. They were denied a specialty service.
They were denied what a heterosexual couple would have gotten, which makes then unequal in Public Accommodations, which is against the law. If you serve one, you serve all, service with a smile. That's business.
No, more falsehoods. You ONLY have to serve those that are under ‘protected’ classes. You can refuse service because someone is too young (not old – THEY are protected), short, tall or a million other reasons. The problem is that we are now trying to force gays as a protected class. The question is why?

You can’t answer that because there is no other reason than the very loud minority of the gay community wants to shove their shit in others faces.

It’s funny because the left rallies to the side of gays doing this yet if a Christian does this then they scream bloody murder. It’s pathetic.

This is about 3 percent of the population discriminating against those who hold religious beliefs saying their own beliefs are more important.

There are numerous other bakeries who will bake that cake.. this is about forcing one bakery who doesn't walk lockstep with the ghey agenda, to park his religious rights at the door and become an indentured servant to leftist ideology. Perhaps we should start targeting ghey businesses and demand they perform any and everything that goes against their belief system and when they refuse, let's sue the dogshit out of them.

Forum List

Back