🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baltimore Cops Should Have Kicked Ass!

Nah...I like to think of it as a community effort.
Everyone pitching in to keep our streets safer....think of it as the collective doing the community a service if it makes you feel better.
Undue force - Sun Investigates - The Baltimore Sun

Its not the community inflicting the torts ..its Police assaulting an 87 year old grandmother in her own home
the grandmother
Eighty-seven-year-old Venus Green heard the scream while rocking on her porch on Poplar Grove Street in West Baltimore’s Walbrook neighborhood.

“Grandma, call the ambulance. I been shot,” she thought she heard her grandson say on that morning in July 2007. As he lumbered closer, she spotted blood from a wound in his leg and called 911.

The retired teacher was used to helping others. Green had moved to Baltimore decades earlier from South Carolina after working at R.J. Reynolds and Westinghouse. Once here, she worked at Fort Meade and earned two degrees at Coppin State University.

The mother of two and grandmother of seven dedicated her career to teaching special-education students, but couldn’t sit still in her retirement years. She had two hobbies: going to church and raising foster kids. Dozens of children funneled through her home. They, like her own grandchildren, called her “Grandma Green.”

Paramedics and police responded to the emergency call, but the white officer became hostile.

“What happened? Who shot you?” Green recalled the officer saying to her grandson, according to an 11-page letter in which she detailed the incident for her lawyer. Excerpts from the letter were included in her lawsuit. “You’re lying. You know you were shot inside that house. We ain’t going to help you because you are lying.”

“Mister, he isn’t lying,” replied Green, who had no criminal record. “He came from down that way running, calling me to call the ambulance.”

The officer, who is not identified in the lawsuit, wanted to go into the basement, but Green demanded a warrant. Her grandson kept two dogs downstairs and she feared they would attack. The officer unhooked the lock, but Green latched it.

He shoved Green against the wall. She hit the wooden floor.

“Bitch, you ain’t no better than any of the other old black bitches I have locked up,” Green recalled the officer saying as he stood over her. “He pulled me up, pushed me in the dining room over the couch, put his knees in my back, twisted my arms and wrist and put handcuffs on my hands and threw me face down on the couch.”

After pulling Green to her feet, the officer told her she was under arrest. Green complained of pain.

“My neck and shoulder are hurting,” Green told him. “Please take these handcuffs off.”

An African-American officer then walked in the house, saw her sobbing and asked that the handcuffs be removed since Green wasn’t violent.

The cuffs came off, and Green didn’t face any charges. But a broken shoulder tormented her for months.

“I am here because of injuries received to my body by a police officer,” Green wrote on stationery stamped with “wish on a star” at the bottom of each page. “I am suffering with pain and at night I can hardly sleep since this incident occurred.”

In June 2010, she sued the officers; an April 2012 settlement required the city to pay her $95,000.

Green died six weeks later of natural causes
That's it. I've asked you nicely to stay on topic and you have refused. Now you get reported. I don't sit idly by and let delinquent posters derail my threads.

It's a vicious circle. Black mayors. Black police force. It wouldn't matter. other people, Vietnamese, Hungarians, Somalians , people that fled oppression they move on and get on with LIFE. American blacks are stuck in the past. Get over it. Grow up!
Do you think Cliven Bundy and the armed scofflaws in his ranch should "grow up" and stop claiming the US Government is not legitimate ?

Yes_____

No____
OFF TOPIC!

OFF TOPIC!

Get real
"Baltimore Cops Should Have Kicked Ass!"
The discussion as the title of the thread suggests should center as to whether extreme force should have been used by Police during the riots earlier this week...unless the thread is only for those who agree that extreme force [kicked ass]...is indicated

I have thus focused on making the case that

1) such use of extreme force is in fact part of what created the riots . It is the fact of Police subjecting Black residents to "ass kicking" that creates distrust and resentment. Apparently the Baltimore newspaper
agrees otherwise why would do a special report on Police violence

2) Secondarily I attempt to show how this approach [extreme repression or ass kicking] seems to be used mostly on Blacks...I have contrasted the "kids glove" treatment of Cliven Bundy and his lawless and threatening to authorities scofflaw behavior

3) I have pointed out how in spite of ultra violent mostly if not all white movements like Sovereign Citizen are not linked to all white people or even the conservative right wing thinking which is their matrix....

This response applies to all the "OFF TOPIC!"...rants by the wounded winger...

Than I would think you'd be seriously riled up over 18 trillion..
A million bucks is chump change when talking about the amount of money a city that size spends on a yearly basis.
And it's not the one dollar the welfare bum wants....it's the millions of welfare bums wanting it as well.
But you knew that...
Take a look at the tactic used here ...it is "Gish Gallop" now he changes the subject to National debt....
No one has changed the "subject" (AKA TOPIC) more in this thread than you have.

It wasn't hard to see what went wrong in Baltimore on Monday night. The mindless mayor, Stephanie Rawlings, pursued a very dumb policy > to leave the rioters alone, and let them loot, burn, throw rocks etc, so as to not offend them and "escalate" the rioting.

EARTH TO STEPHANIE (and anyone else dumb enough to follow this notion): The mayor got it WRONG. She thought tough tactics by police and the Guard would "escalate" the rioting. It was just the opposite. It was her weak, hands-off tactic that escalated it.

When we protested against the Vietnam War, Washington DC cops (black & white both) kicked ass. They cracked heads and busted legs with their billy clubs. When the National Guard was there, they had fixed bayonets on their rifles, and steel-tipped boots. If that was the case in Baltimore, there wouldn't have been looting, arson or rock-throwing.

image.JPG

chicago.gif
images
In my opinion, citizens should arm themselves in a like manner. The "out-of-control" cops are taking their jobs to the extreme, in many ways. And, what's worse, all they have to say in order to walk is, "I feared for my life", "I feared for my safety", or "he was reaching for his waistband". Our judicial system shows tremendous bias and favoritism to cops, and other members of law enforcement. We have a system of injustice instead of justice. It's time to arrest, try, convict, and sentence cops for their obvious crimes. They get a free pass on murder, stealing, raping, taking bribes, planting evidence, lying in court, covering for other cops, destroying property, stealing and selling drugs, and other offenses they arrest John Q. Public for.

We need to see more cops in our prisons and jails, and by doing so, it'd send a very strong message to other cops that they must obey the same laws as everyone else has to obey. If you or I were to attack someone, beat and brutalize them, we'd go to jail in a heartbeat. If you or I were to shoot someone eight times in the back, we'd be serving time in the big house. If you or I were to break into the wrong house, shoot and kill a 92 year old lady, we'd get the death penalty. If you or I were to shoot and kill a 12 year old boy playing in the park, we'd get the death penalty. If you and I were to be caught on camera, along with 6 or 7 others, beating and kicking someone handcuffed, face down on the ground, we'd be put in jail, fined, and place on probation and have to do community service for a year.

Our problem is not young black males being at the wrong place at the wrong time, it's "out-of-control" cops filled with hate, prejudice, over-sized egos, and a license to basically do as they damn well please. And, our judicial system backs them up 99% of the time. Given a desk job and a paid vacation is really punishment, don't you think? In addition to getting a free pass by the judicial system, we have law enforcement investigating law enforcement when someone complains of wrong-doing by cops. That's the same as your brother doing the investigation if you're accused of a crime. We'd all like to have family and friends in charge of investigating should we be accused of wrong-doing.

Lets be honest here folks, the system is flawed, and recent events is a testament to the problems within law enforcement agencies. This has been going on for a very long time, but it's becoming a real issue since everyone is carrying a cell phone and can take real-time videos of cop misconduct. Cops are now being asked to wear body cameras, which is a great idea, and one that'll serve cops as well as the public. Also, dash cams in patrol cars are giving us better evidence of misconduct, and at the same time, serves as proof when cops are merely doing their job. Cameras can protect both the public and cops when questions are asked about encounters between law enforcement and the general public. We need to ensure the integrity of law enforcement, as well as ensure that citizens are protected against cop misconduct.

I'm embarrassed by the event in Maryland, and I'm ashamed they the world is watching this tragedy. We need to do a better job of ensuring justice and making members of law enforcement accountable for their actions. And, we need to severely punish those that loot, burn building and cars, and destroy property. They need to be placed behind bars for a very long time. I'm all for non-violent and peaceful protests, and we need to do a lot more of it in response to many issues. I'd like to see protests concerning government corruption, senseless deadly costly wars, the mistreatment of our Vets, the loss of privacy, and our growing poverty. But, we do NOT need looting, destruction of property, or violence to have our voices heard. We need to push back against oppression and the heavy hand of "out-of-control" members of law enforcement.
Posting this cop-hater idiocy is what you should be embarrassed about. The OP is talking about the appropriate response to destructive rioting, and has nothing to do with police behavior in general. Please stay ON TOPIC, and without being hysterical.

PS - nobody knows what happened to Freddie Gray as yet. There are investigations in process. For all anyone knows right now, he could have tripped and hit his spine against a large metal object. (toilet, bench, bars, etc) He also could have been assaulted by another inmate.
I'm NOT embarrassed by posting it at all, and stand by what I have posted. I'm well aware of what the root article is talking about. And, I have no idea as to what happened to Mr. Gray once he was in police custody, and have not stated that I know what happened to him. So, please do NOT say or imply something that I have NOT said. Thanks.
So if you're not talking about Freddie Gray, why all the yammering about police brutality ? That's not the TOPIC here. Please stay ON TOPIC.
I'm talking about Mr. Gray, and all the others. I'm aware of the topic.

Than I would think you'd be seriously riled up over 18 trillion..
A million bucks is chump change when talking about the amount of money a city that size spends on a yearly basis.
And it's not the one dollar the welfare bum wants....it's the millions of welfare bums wanting it as well.
But you knew that...
Take a look at the tactic used here ...it is "Gish Gallop" now he changes the subject to National debt....
No one has changed the "subject" (AKA TOPIC) more in this thread than you have.
The discussion as the title of the thread suggests should center as to whether extreme force should have been used by Police during the riots earlier this week...unless the thread is only for those who agree that extreme force [kicked ass]...is indicated

1) such use of extreme force is in fact part of what created the riots . It is the fact of Police subjecting Black residents to "ass kicking" that creates distrust and resentment. Apparently the Baltimore newspaper

2) Secondarily I attempt to show how this approach [extreme repression or ass kicking] seems to be used mostly on Blacks...I have contrasted the "kids glove" treatment of Cliven Bundy and his lawless and threatening to authorities scofflaw behavior

3) I have pointed out how in spite of ultra violent mostly if not all white movements like Sovereign Citizen are not linked to all white people or even the conservative right wing thinking which is their matrix...

OFF TOPIC!

Get real

3) I have pointed out how in spite of ultra violent mostly if not all white movements like Sovereign Citizen are not linked to all white people or even the conservative right wing thinking which is their matrix....
FALSE! The discussion is NOT about "extreme" force by Police during the riots earlier this week. It is about APPLICABLE force (ie. that amount of force necessary to quell the riot, and apprehend the rioters.

What created the riots is not part of the TOPIC. That is what you have chosen to off topic interject.

Who, or what race is receiving applicable force is irrelevant. The TOPIC pertains to APPLICABLE force to quell rioting (by whoever is doing that rioting), and has nothing to do with the anti-white racism that you so obviously pollute this thread with.

It wasn't hard to see what went wrong in Baltimore on Monday night. The mindless mayor, Stephanie Rawlings, pursued a very dumb policy > to leave the rioters alone, and let them loot, burn, throw rocks etc, so as to not offend them and "escalate" the rioting.

EARTH TO STEPHANIE (and anyone else dumb enough to follow this notion): The mayor got it WRONG. She thought tough tactics by police and the Guard would "escalate" the rioting. It was just the opposite. It was her weak, hands-off tactic that escalated it.

When we protested against the Vietnam War, Washington DC cops (black & white both) kicked ass. They cracked heads and busted legs with their billy clubs. When the National Guard was there, they had fixed bayonets on their rifles, and steel-tipped boots. If that was the case in Baltimore, there wouldn't have been looting, arson or rock-throwing.

image.JPG

chicago.gif
images
In my opinion, citizens should arm themselves in a like manner. The "out-of-control" cops are taking their jobs to the extreme, in many ways. And, what's worse, all they have to say in order to walk is, "I feared for my life", "I feared for my safety", or "he was reaching for his waistband". Our judicial system shows tremendous bias and favoritism to cops, and other members of law enforcement. We have a system of injustice instead of justice. It's time to arrest, try, convict, and sentence cops for their obvious crimes. They get a free pass on murder, stealing, raping, taking bribes, planting evidence, lying in court, covering for other cops, destroying property, stealing and selling drugs, and other offenses they arrest John Q. Public for.

We need to see more cops in our prisons and jails, and by doing so, it'd send a very strong message to other cops that they must obey the same laws as everyone else has to obey. If you or I were to attack someone, beat and brutalize them, we'd go to jail in a heartbeat. If you or I were to shoot someone eight times in the back, we'd be serving time in the big house. If you or I were to break into the wrong house, shoot and kill a 92 year old lady, we'd get the death penalty. If you or I were to shoot and kill a 12 year old boy playing in the park, we'd get the death penalty. If you and I were to be caught on camera, along with 6 or 7 others, beating and kicking someone handcuffed, face down on the ground, we'd be put in jail, fined, and place on probation and have to do community service for a year.

Our problem is not young black males being at the wrong place at the wrong time, it's "out-of-control" cops filled with hate, prejudice, over-sized egos, and a license to basically do as they damn well please. And, our judicial system backs them up 99% of the time. Given a desk job and a paid vacation is really punishment, don't you think? In addition to getting a free pass by the judicial system, we have law enforcement investigating law enforcement when someone complains of wrong-doing by cops. That's the same as your brother doing the investigation if you're accused of a crime. We'd all like to have family and friends in charge of investigating should we be accused of wrong-doing.

Lets be honest here folks, the system is flawed, and recent events is a testament to the problems within law enforcement agencies. This has been going on for a very long time, but it's becoming a real issue since everyone is carrying a cell phone and can take real-time videos of cop misconduct. Cops are now being asked to wear body cameras, which is a great idea, and one that'll serve cops as well as the public. Also, dash cams in patrol cars are giving us better evidence of misconduct, and at the same time, serves as proof when cops are merely doing their job. Cameras can protect both the public and cops when questions are asked about encounters between law enforcement and the general public. We need to ensure the integrity of law enforcement, as well as ensure that citizens are protected against cop misconduct.

I'm embarrassed by the event in Maryland, and I'm ashamed they the world is watching this tragedy. We need to do a better job of ensuring justice and making members of law enforcement accountable for their actions. And, we need to severely punish those that loot, burn building and cars, and destroy property. They need to be placed behind bars for a very long time. I'm all for non-violent and peaceful protests, and we need to do a lot more of it in response to many issues. I'd like to see protests concerning government corruption, senseless deadly costly wars, the mistreatment of our Vets, the loss of privacy, and our growing poverty. But, we do NOT need looting, destruction of property, or violence to have our voices heard. We need to push back against oppression and the heavy hand of "out-of-control" members of law enforcement.
Posting this cop-hater idiocy is what you should be embarrassed about. The OP is talking about the appropriate response to destructive rioting, and has nothing to do with police behavior in general. Please stay ON TOPIC, and without being hysterical.

PS - nobody knows what happened to Freddie Gray as yet. There are investigations in process. For all anyone knows right now, he could have tripped and hit his spine against a large metal object. (toilet, bench, bars, etc) He also could have been assaulted by another inmate.
I'm NOT embarrassed by posting it at all, and stand by what I have posted. I'm well aware of what the root article is talking about. And, I have no idea as to what happened to Mr. Gray once he was in police custody, and have not stated that I know what happened to him. So, please do NOT say or imply something that I have NOT said. Thanks.
So if you're not talking about Freddie Gray, why all the yammering about police brutality ? That's not the TOPIC here. Please stay ON TOPIC.
So what about Mr. Gray ? What does he (or "the others" you speak of) have to do with the level of police force against rioters ? (ie. THE TOPIC)

OFF TOPIC!

Get real

FALSE! The discussion is NOT about "extreme" force by Police during the riots earlier this week. It is about APPLICABLE force (ie. that amount of force necessary to quell the riot, and apprehend the rioters.

What created the riots is not part of the TOPIC. That is what you have chosen to off topic interject.

Who, or what race is receiving applicable force is irrelevant. The TOPIC pertains to APPLICABLE force to quell rioting (by whoever is doing that rioting), and has nothing to do with the anti-white racism that you so obviously pollute this thread with.

So what I read you as saying is "unless every post agrees with my opinions its OFF TOPIC "...my interpretation is the discussion centers on police kicking ass being desirable"...my opinion is "Its not desirable" from a variety of perspectives from the pragmatic to the ethical and constitutional ....

Least I give the Baltimore cops credit where it's due. Their payout for " brutality" are miniscule in this age of easy money claims.
I give the Rioters credit unlike the Baltimore Police they did not snap anyone's spine
Where do you have a shred of evidence that the Baltimore Police snapped Freddie Gray's spine ? I know of no such evidence, and investigations are still underway.

OFF TOPIC!

Get real

I do NOT engage in racism, and never have. So, obviously, you have me confused with someone else. I'm NOT a racist in any sense of the word. I fully understand what the root piece is talking about. In my opinion, what I have said IS applicable to police, excessive force, riots, protests, and the problems associated with them. If you have a different opinion, so be it. You're entitled to your opinion, and I respect your right to express it.

Least I give the Baltimore cops credit where it's due. Their payout for " brutality" are miniscule in this age of easy money claims.
I give the Rioters credit unlike the Baltimore Police they did not snap anyone's spine
Where do you have a shred of evidence that the Baltimore Police snapped Freddie Gray's spine ? I know of no such evidence, and investigations are still underway.
it happened on its own no one is responsible it "just happened" by magic

OFF TOPIC!

Get real

So what I read you as saying is "unless every post agrees with my opinions its OFF TOPIC "...my interpretation is the discussion centers on police kicking ass being desirable"...my opinion is "Its not desirable" from a variety of perspectives from the pragmatic to the ethical and constitutional ....
Your interpretation is faulty. Police kicking ass being desirable is not the topic, nor has that been stated. What has been stated, and is the TOPIC, is police kicking ass when that is the force level that fits the situation, (ie. applicable), which in this case, it most certainly did.

My opinion is that rather than continue with "kick Black ass" policies as a way of getting positive outcomes we should change things like this kind of double standard that disproportionally affects Black communities..

Can you run from police? Courts apply a double standard
Associated Press

there should not be "Constitutional protection free" zones for Black folks only...
1. The OP says nothing of "kick Black ass". Those are entirely YOUR words, not mine.

2. You have shown no evidence of any "double standard", and even if you did, that would be OFF TOPIC.

You identified cops as the threat....after suggestions that we arm ourselves. My comprehension is on the money. You claim you want to lock up cops....but only after claiming everyone should buy riot gear (steel pots, gas-masks, and rifles with fixed bayonets) to protect themselves from renegade cops.

When in college I always scored in the upper 10% of reading comprehension BTW.
Very pathetic ... to say the least ...........simply pathetic ........ twisting what I say around to mean something else just doesn't do it. Try reading comprehension, it might help you. If you're going to quote me, please say exactly what I have said. And, please don't try to affix your own meaning and interpretation to what I say. Thanks.
My comprehension is fine. The problem seems to be with your writing skills. You mentioned our need to be armed like riot police. That is what you said. The rest of your post was full of total Bullshit. Anyone who takes the time to talk to cops, or has dealt with crime on a regular basis knows what you said is Bullshit.
Instead of just saying it's bullshit, dispute it with a counter. Saying it's bullshit without a counter is void, and merits no response. If you disagree with what I have said, show it to be false and void of fact. Present something legit to dispute it and to prove it to be bullshit. Otherwise, what you've said holds no water.

The fact that you bought into this false narrative that cops are murdering blacks in record numbers.....that cops are arresting blacks because of racism instead of the obvious fact that blacks have less respect for authority than any other race in America? That blacks make up 13% of the population but commit 52% of the violent crimes in this country? That 70% of them are born into single-parent households, thus disadvantaged from day one?

Facts like that?
I have never ever said that cops are murdering blacks in record numbers. That is a lie. Please show where I have ever once said that cops are murdering blacks in record numbers. I have never ever said that cops are arresting blacks due to racism, never ever once have I said that. That's lie. Please show where I have ever once said those things, please.

I challenge you to find and show where I have ever said those things. Please do NOT lie and make stuff up here. Thanks.

I'm on a cell....but I can read.

You accused cops of just about every crime in the book.

Personally I think you're just trying to get me to lose my temper with your constant lies and deceptions.

1. The OP says nothing of "kick Black ass". Those are entirely YOUR words, not mine.

2. You have shown no evidence of any "double standard", and even if you did, that would be OFF TOPIC.

Baltimore cops should have kicked ass ...you mean they should not have kicked Black ass but should have randomly kicked ass on white people...no you meant kick ass in this neighborhood

2mfm06q_zpsvakp8jjw.png

So what about Mr. Gray ? What does he (or "the others" you speak of) have to do with the level of police force against rioters ? (ie. THE TOPIC)
Mr. Gray was the tipping point that started the protest and riot. Police force has been the subject of many riots and protests. Or, haven't you followed the news stories during the past year or so, and even before that? Excessive police force IS the topic and reason for the protests and riots in Missouri, and now in Maryland. The many stories have made headlines all across this nation. Yes, Mr. Gray is the catalyst that was the tipping point in Maryland, and Mr. Brown was the catalyst in Missouri. Excessive police force is nothing new, and has been discussed for a very long time now. We saw it in New York, and it has happened in many states.

Mr. Gray, riots, protests, and excessive police force is the topic of these discussions. We have been discussing this issue here on USMB for days now, and before that, we discussed Mr. Brown.

it happened on its own no one is responsible it "just happened" by magic
As I said > "Where do you have a shred of evidence that the Baltimore Police snapped Freddie Gray's spine ?"

As I said in a previous post, there is no evidence that police had anything to do with Gray's spine. He could have tripped and fell and damaged his spine against a large metal object (ex, a toilet), could have been attacked by other inmates, etc.

Forum List

Back