🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baltimore Cops Should Have Kicked Ass!

FALSE! I never said one word about anything "for Black folks" (YOUR WORDS, not mine). As for YOUR OFF TOPIC subject about "violent aggressive anti authority white groups", for that, you have a perfect right to speak about (in another thread of that topic)

I went to the top of the page and copied the title

1. Baltimore Cops Should Have Kicked Ass!
whose ass did you mean should Baltimore cops have kicked?

Instead of just saying it's bullshit, dispute it with a counter. Saying it's bullshit without a counter is void, and merits no response. If you disagree with what I have said, show it to be false and void of fact. Present something legit to dispute it and to prove it to be bullshit. Otherwise, what you've said holds no water.

The fact that you bought into this false narrative that cops are murdering blacks in record numbers.....that cops are arresting blacks because of racism instead of the obvious fact that blacks have less respect for authority than any other race in America? That blacks make up 13% of the population but commit 52% of the violent crimes in this country? That 70% of them are born into single-parent households, thus disadvantaged from day one?

Facts like that?
I have never ever said that cops are murdering blacks in record numbers. That is a lie. Please show where I have ever once said that cops are murdering blacks in record numbers. I have never ever said that cops are arresting blacks due to racism, never ever once have I said that. That's lie. Please show where I have ever once said those things, please.

I challenge you to find and show where I have ever said those things. Please do NOT lie and make stuff up here. Thanks.

I'm on a cell....but I can read.

You accused cops of just about every crime in the book.

Personally I think you're just trying to get me to lose my temper with your constant lies and deceptions.
Pathetic ... simply pathetic ... silly ...... and ridiculous. Well, obviously you can't read, or either it's that you can't comprehend what you're reading. You have made several statements ( which I have brought to your attention ) saying that I have said things that I have NOT said. I have asked you to please point them out, and you have yet to do so. Instead, you put your spin and interpretation to what I have said, in an attempt to change the meaning. Yes, I have accused cops of a lot of things, which are all true, and well documented. The many examples and stories have been made public for a very long time now. I did NOT make them up, fabricate them, nor did I pull them off the wall. Again, if you can dispute them, please do so. If you have a counter, please present it. But, please do not twist what I say around to mean something that I did not say. If you're going to quote me, please do so in the exact same words and context as I have written them.

I'm NOT trying to do anything concerning your temper. Your temper doesn't concern me, not in the least. If I have lied, please point out the lies. If I have said anything deceptive, please point it out. But, if you do, please do so in my exact words, and not the spin and misinterpretation that you have done thus far. Thanks

What is truly pathetic is the way you keep making these statements and claiming you didn't mean what you posted.

As I said before.....I'm on a cell.....with terrible reception. Going back and pasting your exact words is a bit difficult.

When I get on a pc I'll gladly blow your denials all to hell.
I meant every single word of what I have said, and I stand by what I have said. I have NOT claimed that any such thing, as you are accusing me of claiming. Please show where I have changed what I have said. Can you? Obviously NOT. I MEAN every single word that I have said. And, never once have I changed what I meant, never once. Please show where I have changed my meaning of what I have said. Your cell phone is no excuse. And, even if you were able to go back to the comment, you still couldn't show where I have changed anything. Oh, when you get a PC, really. I don't care if you had a $10,000.00 PC, with a 60 inch monitor, you still couldn't show where I have changed anything. You want to know why you couldn't show it? You couldn't show it because I have never changed anything.

It wasn't hard to see what went wrong in Baltimore on Monday night. The mindless mayor, Stephanie Rawlings, pursued a very dumb policy > to leave the rioters alone, and let them loot, burn, throw rocks etc, so as to not offend them and "escalate" the rioting.

EARTH TO STEPHANIE (and anyone else dumb enough to follow this notion): The mayor got it WRONG. She thought tough tactics by police and the Guard would "escalate" the rioting. It was just the opposite. It was her weak, hands-off tactic that escalated it.

When we protested against the Vietnam War, Washington DC cops (black & white both) kicked ass. They cracked heads and busted legs with their billy clubs. When the National Guard was there, they had fixed bayonets on their rifles, and steel-tipped boots. If that was the case in Baltimore, there wouldn't have been looting, arson or rock-throwing.

image.JPG

chicago.gif
images
In my opinion, citizens should arm themselves in a like manner. The "out-of-control" cops are taking their jobs to the extreme, in many ways. And, what's worse, all they have to say in order to walk is, "I feared for my life", "I feared for my safety", or "he was reaching for his waistband". Our judicial system shows tremendous bias and favoritism to cops, and other members of law enforcement. We have a system of injustice instead of justice. It's time to arrest, try, convict, and sentence cops for their obvious crimes. They get a free pass on murder, stealing, raping, taking bribes, planting evidence, lying in court, covering for other cops, destroying property, stealing and selling drugs, and other offenses they arrest John Q. Public for.

We need to see more cops in our prisons and jails, and by doing so, it'd send a very strong message to other cops that they must obey the same laws as everyone else has to obey. If you or I were to attack someone, beat and brutalize them, we'd go to jail in a heartbeat. If you or I were to shoot someone eight times in the back, we'd be serving time in the big house. If you or I were to break into the wrong house, shoot and kill a 92 year old lady, we'd get the death penalty. If you or I were to shoot and kill a 12 year old boy playing in the park, we'd get the death penalty. If you and I were to be caught on camera, along with 6 or 7 others, beating and kicking someone handcuffed, face down on the ground, we'd be put in jail, fined, and place on probation and have to do community service for a year.

Our problem is not young black males being at the wrong place at the wrong time, it's "out-of-control" cops filled with hate, prejudice, over-sized egos, and a license to basically do as they damn well please. And, our judicial system backs them up 99% of the time. Given a desk job and a paid vacation is really punishment, don't you think? In addition to getting a free pass by the judicial system, we have law enforcement investigating law enforcement when someone complains of wrong-doing by cops. That's the same as your brother doing the investigation if you're accused of a crime. We'd all like to have family and friends in charge of investigating should we be accused of wrong-doing.

Lets be honest here folks, the system is flawed, and recent events is a testament to the problems within law enforcement agencies. This has been going on for a very long time, but it's becoming a real issue since everyone is carrying a cell phone and can take real-time videos of cop misconduct. Cops are now being asked to wear body cameras, which is a great idea, and one that'll serve cops as well as the public. Also, dash cams in patrol cars are giving us better evidence of misconduct, and at the same time, serves as proof when cops are merely doing their job. Cameras can protect both the public and cops when questions are asked about encounters between law enforcement and the general public. We need to ensure the integrity of law enforcement, as well as ensure that citizens are protected against cop misconduct.

I'm embarrassed by the event in Maryland, and I'm ashamed they the world is watching this tragedy. We need to do a better job of ensuring justice and making members of law enforcement accountable for their actions. And, we need to severely punish those that loot, burn building and cars, and destroy property. They need to be placed behind bars for a very long time. I'm all for non-violent and peaceful protests, and we need to do a lot more of it in response to many issues. I'd like to see protests concerning government corruption, senseless deadly costly wars, the mistreatment of our Vets, the loss of privacy, and our growing poverty. But, we do NOT need looting, destruction of property, or violence to have our voices heard. We need to push back against oppression and the heavy hand of "out-of-control" members of law enforcement.
Posting this cop-hater idiocy is what you should be embarrassed about. The OP is talking about the appropriate response to destructive rioting, and has nothing to do with police behavior in general. Please stay ON TOPIC, and without being hysterical.

PS - nobody knows what happened to Freddie Gray as yet. There are investigations in process. For all anyone knows right now, he could have tripped and hit his spine against a large metal object. (toilet, bench, bars, etc) He also could have been assaulted by another inmate.
I'm NOT embarrassed by posting it at all, and stand by what I have posted. I'm well aware of what the root article is talking about. And, I have no idea as to what happened to Mr. Gray once he was in police custody, and have not stated that I know what happened to him. So, please do NOT say or imply something that I have NOT said. Thanks.
Yeah......we're simply unable to understand anything you post....cuz our read-comprehension is terrible.
Yes, obviously there is a problem. And, it's obvious because you misquote me, add your own spin to what I have said, and inject your own interpretation to my comments and statements. In addition, when asked to show where I have said what you accuse me of saying, you continuously fail to do so. So, yes, it's either your reading comprehension, or your attempt to change what I say around to mean something entirely different from what I have said.

No...it's your constant backtracking and parsing of words that seems to be the problem.

And just because you didn't say it word for word doesn't mean the meaning is any different. You think a shitload of good cops deserve jail time for doing their jobs.

Ya'll people need to learn to comprehend the topic and stop pushing your agenda's. It doesn't matter what started the riots in the case of the OP's specific question, what matter's to this OP's question is our opinion on how it should have been/should be handled.

@OP - I think the mayor made a mistake in her handling, the police have a duty and obligation to protect that which we citizens are unable to protect ourselves. (aka our businesses) If I had a business down there I would be absolutely outraged that she told the police to stand down and let those people loot and burn /my/ livelihood to the ground. That is, in my opinion, unacceptable.

At the same time this will hopefully turn out to be a good thing. All along we've been hearing about how if we just leave them alone with their "protesting" there wouldn't be problems, that it's the militarization of police that cause the riots and shit. Well now we have tried it that way and it did NOT stop the rioting, looting, and burning from happening. With that "what if" answered, maybe we can go back to reasonable tactics to disband violent groups like these.

As I said > "Where do you have a shred of evidence that the Baltimore Police snapped Freddie Gray's spine ?"

As I said in a previous post, there is no evidence that police had anything to do with Gray's spine. He could have tripped and fell and damaged his spine against a large metal object (ex, a toilet), could have been attacked by other inmates, etc.
He was never in a cell where there is a toilet...the Police snapped the man's spine in half...unless some kind of magical force did it
You don't know that. And where does this information come from that he was never in a cell with a toilet ? Doesn't sound right. You haven't refuted my possibility theories one iota.
Your theories are desperate conjecture designed to keep Police out of the loop of responsibility..they took him into custody and incurred a bad bad fate ...spine snapped in half...he went to a station briefly before they even noticed his physical condition...they had trussed him up and left him unbuckled for a "nickel ride" as he bounced off the wall of the van being driven by the Police deliberately to punish him...they snapped his spine
Sure they are conjecture, because without any evidence (as you don't have) there is nothing else able to be done at this point, while investigations are still underway. But at least I am not jumping to reckless conclusions, based on nothing, like you're doing.
Nothing you said here is even close to evidence of police wrongdoing, except the unbuckling, which is unlikely to have had any relevance, since he died 2 WEEKS after being brought into custody, thereby taking the unbuckling out of the scenario.
he died one week after being taken in critical condition from a Police station ...he had been with an intact spine until the Police got done with him...
The report I heard said it was 2 WEEKS, and it said noting about critical condition at any time. As for whether his spine was intact at whatever time, that is irrelevant, as I showed in previous posts. I'm not going to repeat it a third time.

Ya'll people need to learn to comprehend the topic and stop pushing your agenda's. It doesn't matter what started the riots in the case of the OP's specific question, what matter's to this OP's question is our opinion on how it should have been/should be handled.

@OP - I think the mayor made a mistake in her handling, the police have a duty and obligation to protect that which we citizens are unable to protect ourselves. (aka our businesses) If I had a business down there I would be absolutely outraged that she told the police to stand down and let those people loot and burn /my/ livelihood to the ground. That is, in my opinion, unacceptable.

At the same time this will hopefully turn out to be a good thing. All along we've been hearing about how if we just leave them alone with their "protesting" there wouldn't be problems, that it's the militarization of police that cause the riots and shit. Well now we have tried it that way and it did NOT stop the rioting, looting, and burning from happening. With that "what if" answered, maybe we can go back to reasonable tactics to disband violent groups like these.
That is a false narrative that I have tried to refute by showing with articles from the Baltimore sun how the violence predates the riot and has to do with crazy Police violence against the residents that occurs regularly and with impunity save for monetary awards to the victims of Police violence ... this is why "kicking ass" is not a solution its the problem..

Exactly right. As I stated in the OP, the Mayor thought that appropriate/fitting level force would escalate the violence. Actually, it was the lack of that fitting force that escalated it.

He was never in a cell where there is a toilet...the Police snapped the man's spine in half...unless some kind of magical force did it
You don't know that. And where does this information come from that he was never in a cell with a toilet ? Doesn't sound right. You haven't refuted my possibility theories one iota.
Your theories are desperate conjecture designed to keep Police out of the loop of responsibility..they took him into custody and incurred a bad bad fate ...spine snapped in half...he went to a station briefly before they even noticed his physical condition...they had trussed him up and left him unbuckled for a "nickel ride" as he bounced off the wall of the van being driven by the Police deliberately to punish him...they snapped his spine
Sure they are conjecture, because without any evidence (as you don't have) there is nothing else able to be done at this point, while investigations are still underway. But at least I am not jumping to reckless conclusions, based on nothing, like you're doing.
Nothing you said here is even close to evidence of police wrongdoing, except the unbuckling, which is unlikely to have had any relevance, since he died 2 WEEKS after being brought into custody, thereby taking the unbuckling out of the scenario.
he died one week after being taken in critical condition from a Police station ...he had been with an intact spine until the Police got done with him...
The report I heard said it was 2 WEEKS, and it said noting about critical condition at any time. As for whether his spine was intact at whatever time, that is irrelevant, as I showed in previous posts. I'm not going to repeat it a third time.
His spine just snapped is all ...happens all the time "spontaneous spine snapping"

Yeah, the Kent State events were certainly well managed.

And the police action and National Guard actions were so effective in the Watts riots, weren't they?

Once it devolves to rioting, attacking the rioters is just going to escalate the problems.

The fact that you bought into this false narrative that cops are murdering blacks in record numbers.....that cops are arresting blacks because of racism instead of the obvious fact that blacks have less respect for authority than any other race in America? That blacks make up 13% of the population but commit 52% of the violent crimes in this country? That 70% of them are born into single-parent households, thus disadvantaged from day one?

Facts like that?
I have never ever said that cops are murdering blacks in record numbers. That is a lie. Please show where I have ever once said that cops are murdering blacks in record numbers. I have never ever said that cops are arresting blacks due to racism, never ever once have I said that. That's lie. Please show where I have ever once said those things, please.

I challenge you to find and show where I have ever said those things. Please do NOT lie and make stuff up here. Thanks.

I'm on a cell....but I can read.

You accused cops of just about every crime in the book.

Personally I think you're just trying to get me to lose my temper with your constant lies and deceptions.
Pathetic ... simply pathetic ... silly ...... and ridiculous. Well, obviously you can't read, or either it's that you can't comprehend what you're reading. You have made several statements ( which I have brought to your attention ) saying that I have said things that I have NOT said. I have asked you to please point them out, and you have yet to do so. Instead, you put your spin and interpretation to what I have said, in an attempt to change the meaning. Yes, I have accused cops of a lot of things, which are all true, and well documented. The many examples and stories have been made public for a very long time now. I did NOT make them up, fabricate them, nor did I pull them off the wall. Again, if you can dispute them, please do so. If you have a counter, please present it. But, please do not twist what I say around to mean something that I did not say. If you're going to quote me, please do so in the exact same words and context as I have written them.

I'm NOT trying to do anything concerning your temper. Your temper doesn't concern me, not in the least. If I have lied, please point out the lies. If I have said anything deceptive, please point it out. But, if you do, please do so in my exact words, and not the spin and misinterpretation that you have done thus far. Thanks

What is truly pathetic is the way you keep making these statements and claiming you didn't mean what you posted.

As I said before.....I'm on a cell.....with terrible reception. Going back and pasting your exact words is a bit difficult.

When I get on a pc I'll gladly blow your denials all to hell.
I meant every single word of what I have said, and I stand by what I have said. I have NOT claimed that any such thing, as you are accusing me of claiming. Please show where I have changed what I have said. Can you? Obviously NOT. I MEAN every single word that I have said. And, never once have I changed what I meant, never once. Please show where I have changed my meaning of what I have said. Your cell phone is no excuse. And, even if you were able to go back to the comment, you still couldn't show where I have changed anything. Oh, when you get a PC, really. I don't care if you had a $10,000.00 PC, with a 60 inch monitor, you still couldn't show where I have changed anything. You want to know why you couldn't show it? You couldn't show it because I have never changed anything.

Yep.....You're just totally misunderstood.

:boohoo:*sob*

Exactly right. As I stated in the OP, the Mayor thought that appropriate/fitting level force would escalate the violence. Actually, it was the lack of that fitting force that escalated it.
and my argument is that there is a whole lot of problems with the approach of kicking ass on the Black community...I have pointed out that there are issues of Constitution of ethics and of pragmatism that militate against a kick ass approach.

His spine just snapped is all ...happens all the time "spontaneous spine snapping"

Of course it does. He must have been suffering from that rare disorder Spontaneous Spinal Disconnection.

That is a false narrative that I have tried to refute by showing with articles from the Baltimore sun how the violence predates the riot and has to do with crazy Police violence against the residents that occurs regularly and with impunity save for monetary awards to the victims of Police violence ... this is why "kicking ass" is not a solution its the problem..
The OP pertains to THE RIOT, not some history of social conditions. If you want to talk about the sociology of Baltimore in the past, I'm guessing you can find your way to the POST NEW THREAD button.

And the police action and National Guard actions were so effective in the Watts riots, weren't they?

Once it devolves to rioting, attacking the rioters is just going to escalate the problems.

That's the liberal mindset....

Stand back and give em room to destroy!!!

HA HA. Even dum dum Stephanie Rawlings has already renounced this stupidity.

The OP pertains to THE RIOT, not some history of social conditions. If you want to talk about the sociology of Baltimore in the past, I'm guessing you can find your way to the POST NEW THREAD button.

The riot did not occur in a "Vacuum" it occurred within a matrix of conditions that led to the riots...you should have made clear you only wanted Post agreeing with the kick ass approach..

In my opinion, citizens should arm themselves in a like manner. The "out-of-control" cops are taking their jobs to the extreme, in many ways. And, what's worse, all they have to say in order to walk is, "I feared for my life", "I feared for my safety", or "he was reaching for his waistband". Our judicial system shows tremendous bias and favoritism to cops, and other members of law enforcement. We have a system of injustice instead of justice. It's time to arrest, try, convict, and sentence cops for their obvious crimes. They get a free pass on murder, stealing, raping, taking bribes, planting evidence, lying in court, covering for other cops, destroying property, stealing and selling drugs, and other offenses they arrest John Q. Public for.

We need to see more cops in our prisons and jails, and by doing so, it'd send a very strong message to other cops that they must obey the same laws as everyone else has to obey. If you or I were to attack someone, beat and brutalize them, we'd go to jail in a heartbeat. If you or I were to shoot someone eight times in the back, we'd be serving time in the big house. If you or I were to break into the wrong house, shoot and kill a 92 year old lady, we'd get the death penalty. If you or I were to shoot and kill a 12 year old boy playing in the park, we'd get the death penalty. If you and I were to be caught on camera, along with 6 or 7 others, beating and kicking someone handcuffed, face down on the ground, we'd be put in jail, fined, and place on probation and have to do community service for a year.

Our problem is not young black males being at the wrong place at the wrong time, it's "out-of-control" cops filled with hate, prejudice, over-sized egos, and a license to basically do as they damn well please. And, our judicial system backs them up 99% of the time. Given a desk job and a paid vacation is really punishment, don't you think? In addition to getting a free pass by the judicial system, we have law enforcement investigating law enforcement when someone complains of wrong-doing by cops. That's the same as your brother doing the investigation if you're accused of a crime. We'd all like to have family and friends in charge of investigating should we be accused of wrong-doing.

Lets be honest here folks, the system is flawed, and recent events is a testament to the problems within law enforcement agencies. This has been going on for a very long time, but it's becoming a real issue since everyone is carrying a cell phone and can take real-time videos of cop misconduct. Cops are now being asked to wear body cameras, which is a great idea, and one that'll serve cops as well as the public. Also, dash cams in patrol cars are giving us better evidence of misconduct, and at the same time, serves as proof when cops are merely doing their job. Cameras can protect both the public and cops when questions are asked about encounters between law enforcement and the general public. We need to ensure the integrity of law enforcement, as well as ensure that citizens are protected against cop misconduct.

I'm embarrassed by the event in Maryland, and I'm ashamed they the world is watching this tragedy. We need to do a better job of ensuring justice and making members of law enforcement accountable for their actions. And, we need to severely punish those that loot, burn building and cars, and destroy property. They need to be placed behind bars for a very long time. I'm all for non-violent and peaceful protests, and we need to do a lot more of it in response to many issues. I'd like to see protests concerning government corruption, senseless deadly costly wars, the mistreatment of our Vets, the loss of privacy, and our growing poverty. But, we do NOT need looting, destruction of property, or violence to have our voices heard. We need to push back against oppression and the heavy hand of "out-of-control" members of law enforcement.
Posting this cop-hater idiocy is what you should be embarrassed about. The OP is talking about the appropriate response to destructive rioting, and has nothing to do with police behavior in general. Please stay ON TOPIC, and without being hysterical.

PS - nobody knows what happened to Freddie Gray as yet. There are investigations in process. For all anyone knows right now, he could have tripped and hit his spine against a large metal object. (toilet, bench, bars, etc) He also could have been assaulted by another inmate.
I'm NOT embarrassed by posting it at all, and stand by what I have posted. I'm well aware of what the root article is talking about. And, I have no idea as to what happened to Mr. Gray once he was in police custody, and have not stated that I know what happened to him. So, please do NOT say or imply something that I have NOT said. Thanks.
Yeah......we're simply unable to understand anything you post....cuz our read-comprehension is terrible.
Yes, obviously there is a problem. And, it's obvious because you misquote me, add your own spin to what I have said, and inject your own interpretation to my comments and statements. In addition, when asked to show where I have said what you accuse me of saying, you continuously fail to do so. So, yes, it's either your reading comprehension, or your attempt to change what I say around to mean something entirely different from what I have said.

No...it's your constant backtracking and parsing of words that seems to be the problem.

And just because you didn't say it word for word doesn't mean the meaning is any different. You think a shitload of good cops deserve jail time for doing their jobs.
Again, and for your benefit, "I have NOT backtracked on anything, NOT a single thing have I backtracked on, and you can't show where I have done so." What exactly have I backtracked on? What? Please show where I have backtracked. Where did I parse words? Where? My meaning was very clear unless someone has reading comprehension problems. My words are in plain English, easy to read, and self-explanatory. I meant EXACT what I said, and how I said it, period. I stand by every single word that I have said. Again, unless someone reading it has reading comprehension problems, the meaning is crystal clear, and expressed in plain English. If you disagree, then please show where and what was changed, or meaning not clear.

That's the liberal mindset....

Stand back and give em room to destroy!!!

So there are only those two choices? No option of simply trying to contain the violence?

So you think having videos of the cops cracking heads will stop the rioters? Or will it bring in more and more rioters?

No, I am not suggesting that the mayor's idea was right. But having cops and national guardsmen charge in kicking ass is certainly not going to have any good effect at all.

You read the possibilities I posted. (twice) Stop playing dumb. You can't get away with that here.

Forum List

Back