Ban alcohol and blame breweries for alcohol related deaths.

The breweries are to blame when someone drives drunk and kills somebody. It wasn't real prohibition that failed in the 1920s. If we simply give it another try and do it the right way this time it will be different.
There are far more regulations surrounding alcohol than guns. Is there a nationwide age restriction on guns? In many places you can sue a bar for selling alcohol to a customer. Can anyone sue a gun store?

I would love to be able to to walk up to a counter and get a gun in 10 seconds.

I bought an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle in Philly in 7 minutesI bought an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle in Philly in 7 minutes

Takes less time than buying Medical marijuana...

SO what?

All the laws were obeyed it matters not how quickly they were obeyed

So what is the cost where my life is worth less than someone else's?

No one said your life is worth less than anyone elses. But your rights to own firearms without restriction is not more important than my life or the lives of my children.
Actually, fully unrestricted ownership is not a threat to your life or the life of your children. However, banning weapons certainly is, as history has proven out time and again.
The data says you're wrong. But you don't care about data, am I right?
Do you have a sign outside of your front door saying there are no guns inside?

If not, put one up and prove us wrong.
I don't need to. The data already says I'm right.
Then tell me if there are 20 million AR 15 rifles in the hands of the public and 99.9999% of them are never used to kill anyone how ownership of this particular rifle endangers you?

A statistically insignificant number of AR 15 rifles are used to commit murder

So what is the cost where my life is worth less than someone else's?

No one said your life is worth less than anyone elses. But your rights to own firearms without restriction is not more important than my life or the lives of my children.
Actually, fully unrestricted ownership is not a threat to your life or the life of your children. However, banning weapons certainly is, as history has proven out time and again.

Don’t hide behind gun owners.

Put the sign out front letting everyone know you don’t have a gun in the house.

Or are you a coward?

Of course, I do, but I don't subscribe to your cherry-picked nonsense.

Feel free to share the data you use to form your opinion.
How about you do the leg work for a change.

Go look up the latest year of stats on gun deaths in the US.

Take that number and divide it by the number of citizens (I'll use citizens as it favors your fears more than the real statistic) and then multiply that number by 100.

That is the chance of you or your family member being killed by a gun in any given year. Now divide that by 365 and you'll have your daily risk of being shot by a gun.

Factor in that you'd have to live in a Democrat-controlled region of the US to increase those chances and you'll see that you are trembling in your shorts for the possibility that you'll get shot that has the same chance as being struck by lightning or winning the lottery.

Go ahead, but don't expect Me to wait for you.

You want ME to tell you which data sources YOU use?

I know you fucks were lazy but this is next level shit.

Then tell me if there are 20 million AR 15 rifles in the hands of the public and 99.9999% of them are never used to kill anyone how ownership of this particular rifle endangers you?

When did I ever single out a particular gun? I'm talking about all firearms as a whole.

Don’t hide behind gun owners.

Put the sign out front letting everyone know you don’t have a gun in the house.

Or are you a coward?

Coward?

One of us is so afraid of bad men coming to his house he feels he needs a gun to protect himself. The other person doesn't. Who is a coward?

When did I ever single out a particular gun? I'm talking about all firearms as a whole.
My point still stands

Out of the hundreds of millions of firearms in civilian hands a negligible percentage of those are ever used to kill anyone.

There are an estimated 393 million privately owned guns in the US

11000 people a year are killed by people using guns

11000/393000000= .000027 or .0027%

And the percentage is actually less because the same gun can be used to kill more than one person but there are no stats on that

When dealing with anything other than guns that percentage would be called 0

My point still stands

Out of the hundreds of millions of firearms in civilian hands a negligible percentage of those are ever used to kill anyone.

And the percentage is actually less because the same gun can be used to kill more than one person but there are no stats on that

Where do you get your data? It's not accurate.

Gun deaths in US rise to highest level in 20 years, data shows

39,773 people in the US lost their lives at the point of a gun, marking the onward march of firearm fatalities in a country renowned for its lax approach to gun controls. When adjusted for age fluctuations, that represents a total of 12 deaths per 100,000 people – up from 10.1 in 2010 and the highest rate since 1996.

What that bare statistic represents in terms of human tragedy is most starkly reflected when set alongside those of other countries. According to a recent study from the Jama Network, it compares with rates of 0.2 deaths per 100,000 people in Japan, 0.3 in the UK, 0.9 in Germany and 2.1 in Canada.

Jama found that just six countries in the world are responsible for more than half of all 250,000 gun deaths a year around the globe. The US is among those six, together with Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela and Guatemala.

The breweries are to blame when someone drives drunk and kills somebody. It wasn't real prohibition that failed in the 1920s. If we simply give it another try and do it the right way this time it will be different.
Ban FORKS, & blame them for Obesity!

Hahahaha. It'll never work unless of course you try the proven draconian method of enforcement, and by all mean you must go international with it. Canadian Club Brewery right across the border, we're coming for you first.

We have too many guns in the public's hands to ban them.

Can I interest you in some protective Kevlar clothing? Don't leave home without it!

My point still stands

39,773 people in the US lost their lives at the point of a gun, marking the onward march of firearm fatalities in a country renowned for its lax approach to gun controls. When adjusted for age fluctuations, that represents a total of 12 deaths per 100,000 people – up from 10.1 in 2010 and the highest rate since 1996.

What that bare statistic represents in terms of human tragedy is most starkly reflected when set alongside those of other countries. According to a recent study from the Jama Network, it compares with rates of 0.2 deaths per 100,000 people in Japan, 0.3 in the UK, 0.9 in Germany and 2.1 in Canada.

Jama found that just six countries in the world are responsible for more than half of all 250,000 gun deaths a year around the globe. The US is among those six, together with Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela and Guatemala.

I use MURDER and only murder

When you add suicides you are padding the numbers because suicide is not a crime.
A person has the absolute right to decide whether he lives or dies.

My point still stands

When you add suicides you are padding the numbers because suicide is not a crime.

OK, where did you get your data for murders from?

My point still stands

OK, where did you get your data for murders from?

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Murders committed with firearms in 2017 10982

How The U.S. Compares With Other Countries In Deaths From Gun Violence

The United States has the 28th-highest rate of deaths from gun violence in the world: 4.43 deaths per 100,000 people in 2017 — far greater than what is seen in other wealthy countries.

I really don't care what goes on ion other countries.

The comparison of the US to other countries in regards to gun violence assumes that we are like other countries in all aspects except our gun rights and that is too simplistic an approach to be useful

The United States has the 28th-highest rate of deaths from gun violence in the world: 4.43 deaths per 100,000 people in 2017 — far greater than what is seen in other wealthy countries.

The comparison of the US to other countries in regards to gun violence assumes that we are like other countries in all aspects except our gun rights and that is too simplistic an approach to be useful

It assumes nothing. It is a simple measure of what the rate is of gun murders. The causation is up for debate (and the very reason for this discussion) but the data is the data.

And the data says we have a much higher murder rate by guns in this country than other 1st world countries.

It assumes nothing. It is a simple measure of what the rate is of gun murders. The causation is up for debate (and the very reason for this discussion) but the data is the data.

And the data says we have a much higher murder rate by guns in this country than other 1st world countries.

And the causes of violence in society are the result of the interaction of many variables not just one

And I really don't care what the murder rate in any other country is

And the causes of violence in society are the result of the interaction of many variables not just one

I didn't say one variable causes the murder rate.

I did say the data shows we have significantly more gun violence than any other first world country. You may not care but I do as do many other Americans.

I didn't say one variable causes the murder rate.

I did say the data shows we have significantly more gun violence than any other first world country. You may not care but I do as do many other Americans.

And that one stat is meaningless when taken out of context from the myriad number of variables involved and the complexity of the interaction of those variables

Forum List

Back