Ban alcohol and blame breweries for alcohol related deaths.

Yes it is. My guns are no threat to you or your children, unless you are within 21ft of me in an aggressive manner.

Your guns might not be, I don't know, but guns in general and the way we idolize them in this country are. That's what we need to address.
Okay.

We'll keep them, and you can go about living your life.

There, it has been addressed.

That's what we've been doing and nothing has improved.

Hence why we need to make changes.
Good, then make changes to the way you view the opinions of others. Stop teaching our children and young adults that it is okay to be completely intolerant of those who do not disagree with you. In fact, teach them to accept that the world may not see things the way you do and that it is okay to let them have their point of view.

You clearly meant to respond to someone else as what you just said has nothing to do with anything I said.
No, I responded to you and properly.

You see, the problem is not the guns. It never will be the guns.

The problem is with social rot. The teaching of intolerance. We have institutionalized it. Just go on any University campus and watch the zero-tolerance policy of not adhering to the official narrative.

When you teach young people that it is okay to hate someone because they don't believe like you do, you set up mass shootings.
When you teach young people that it is okay to segregate away the people who do not share your world view, you set up mass shootings.
When you promote and teach a nation that it is okay to hate the other side in politics, you are setting up more mass shootings.

The media and Democrats call the right the vilest names imaginable, and no one calls them on it.
Yet, when Trump does it, it is wrong.

The media and the Democrats scream when they are called names, and the media backs them.
Yet, when the Democrats do it, it is okay.

Even the NY Times is subject to this intolerance when they ran a headline that the Democrats disagreed with. Had the republican's whined about the hundreds of headlines they disagree with, the left would scream free speech.

All of this is taken in by the youth of America and normalized. They see it is okay to act out when you don't get your way. Some just act out with violence, like Antifa or these gunman.

But you and those on the left don't want to talk about what to do about that. Because YOU WANT our guns.

So, don't speak to Me ever again about needing to do something. Solutions exist, but you don't want solutions. You want our guns.

Your guns might not be, I don't know, but guns in general and the way we idolize them in this country are. That's what we need to address.
Okay.

We'll keep them, and you can go about living your life.

There, it has been addressed.

That's what we've been doing and nothing has improved.

Hence why we need to make changes.
Good, then make changes to the way you view the opinions of others. Stop teaching our children and young adults that it is okay to be completely intolerant of those who do not disagree with you. In fact, teach them to accept that the world may not see things the way you do and that it is okay to let them have their point of view.

You clearly meant to respond to someone else as what you just said has nothing to do with anything I said.
No, I responded to you and properly.

You see, the problem is not the guns. It never will be the guns.

The problem is with social rot. The teaching of intolerance. We have institutionalized it. Just go on any University campus and watch the zero-tolerance policy of not adhering to the official narrative.

When you teach young people that it is okay to hate someone because they don't believe like you do, you set up mass shootings.
When you teach young people that it is okay to segregate away the people who do not share your world view, you set up mass shootings.
When you promote and teach a nation that it is okay to hate the other side in politics, you are setting up more mass shootings.

The media and Democrats call the right the vilest names imaginable, and no one calls them on it.
Yet, when Trump does it, it is wrong.

The media and the Democrats scream when they are called names, and the media backs them.
Yet, when the Democrats do it, it is okay.

Even the NY Times is subject to this intolerance when they ran a headline that the Democrats disagreed with. Had the republican's whined about the hundreds of headlines they disagree with, the left would scream free speech.

All of this is taken in by the youth of America and normalized. They see it is okay to act out when you don't get your way. Some just act out with violence, like Antifa or these gunman.

But you and those on the left don't want to talk about what to do about that. Because YOU WANT our guns.

So, don't speak to Me ever again about needing to do something. Solutions exist, but you don't want solutions. You want our guns.

Yeah, like I said. Everything you just said has nothing to do with anything I said.

But clearly based upon your unhinged response you have demonstrated you are not of sound mind and shouldn't be allowed to possess a firearm. I think YOUR guns should be taken away because you are clearly not a sane or rational person. Thank you for outing yourself.

The breweries are to blame when someone drives drunk and kills somebody. It wasn't real prohibition that failed in the 1920s. If we simply give it another try and do it the right way this time it will be different.
Bans are not popular but most gun owners support some limtiations. Your bullshit gun lobby hysteria embarrasses you.

You didn't think before you compared guns to the most heavily regulated thing in America did you?
Guns are the most heavily regulated thing in America.
to legally drive a car:
must be 16--right there--boom
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
safety/emissions inspections
personal property paid
license plates
there are seat belts/airbags all over
traffic lights/signs all over --stop-go-slow
speed limits
cars continuously designed for survival--guns to kill

You always forget that driving a car on public roads is not a right but rather a privilege that cam be revoked at any time for any reason
more ridiculousness
1. cars designed for survival--driving......guns to KILL--only to KILL
I pointed out how the much MUCH more dangerous ''tool'' is LESS regulated = idiotic!!
2. so--your argument is not for common sense--
3. driving being a right or not is irrelevant

You didn't think before you compared guns to the most heavily regulated thing in America did you?
to legally drive a car:
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
personal property paid
license plates
speed limits

You always forget that driving a car on public roads is not a right but rather a privilege that cam be revoked at any time for any reason
more ridiculousness
I pointed out how the much MUCH more dangerous ''tool'' is LESS regulated = idiotic!!
Well, that is interesting.

I have a number of guns and every one of them operates exactly how it was designed to operate.

My guns have not killed a thing, ever.

to legally drive a car:
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
personal property paid
license plates
speed limits

more ridiculousness

I have a number of guns and every one of them operates exactly how it was designed to operate.

when pools/cars/guns are not operated --they are the SAME
when operated is how you compare them
cars much much safer--so much so you cannot even calculate it

We don't have an inalienable right to alcohol.

We also don't have an inalienable right to guns. Good point.

I imagine you believe we have inalienable right to life, liberty, and property, but you don't believe we have the right to protect them?

We have a right to protect those things, sure. But not unconditionally and at ANY cost.

So what is the cost where my life is worth less than someone else's?

No one said your life is worth less than anyone elses. But your rights to own firearms without restriction is not more important than my life or the lives of my children.
Actually, fully unrestricted ownership is not a threat to your life or the life of your children. However, banning weapons certainly is, as history has proven out time and again.

There are far more regulations surrounding alcohol than guns. Is there a nationwide age restriction on guns?

There isn't one for alcohol. Each state sets their own laws, despite federal blackmail.

In many places you can sue a bar for selling alcohol to a customer. Can anyone sue a gun store?

Actually, any such lawsuits would be over serving a clearly intoxicated person (i.e. over serving) without regard for how that person was travelling that evening. Such over serving is usually illegal already. So the lawsuit is a claim for damages that result from illegal conduct by the establishment. This would not be comparable to suing a gun store just because they sold a gun. It would be more akin to suing a gun store for illegally selling a gun to someone who failed a background check, or what have you. I am not aware of any special protections that exist that would shield a gun store from liabilities arising out of their illegal activity. But if you know of something, please do share with the class.

to legally drive a car:
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
personal property paid
license plates
speed limits

more ridiculousness

I've operated My guns extensively. Still just as a safe today as they were when they were purchased, and they function exactly as they were designed to function.

No one who is not a direct threat to My life or My families life is under any kind of threat from My guns. The same cannot be said for the privilege of driving.

to legally drive a car:
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
personal property paid
license plates
speed limits

more ridiculousness

guns are NOT designed to kill????

And how's all that regulation working out? Is underage drinking a thing of the past? Has drunk driving gone the way of the dodo? Is alcoholism the new smallpox?

Gun store owners have to run a criminal background check on the customer for every sale. Gun stores absolutely can be criminally charged for selling a firearm to someone they shouldn't have.

Require background checks and breathalyzer tests before anyone can purchase alcohol. Alcohol kills thousands more than guns do and alcohol is abused far more often and used illegally.

If the left want to ban guns to reduce gun related deaths they should be even more supportive of banning alcohol higher than 6% and requiring background checks and breathalyzer tests to purchase alcohol, right libs?

to legally drive a car:
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
personal property paid
license plates
speed limits

more ridiculousness

I've operated My guns extensively. Still just as a safe today as they were when they were purchased, and they function exactly as they were designed to function.

No one who is not a direct threat to My life or My families life is under any kind of threat from My guns. The same cannot be said for the privilege of driving.
guns don't kill???!!!!
you are so full of shit
murder-victims-in-the-us-by-weapon-used.jpg

to legally drive a car:
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
personal property paid
license plates
speed limits

more ridiculousness

They are designed to propel a bullet downrange at high velocity.

They ONLY kill when the person using the gun decides to kill or misuses the gun in a nonresponsible manner.

In fact, Ted Kennedy's car has killed more than My guns.

The breweries are to blame when someone drives drunk and kills somebody. It wasn't real prohibition that failed in the 1920s. If we simply give it another try and do it the right way this time it will be different.
Go for it, I rarely drink so it makes no difference to me.

more ridiculousness

guns don't kill???!!!!
you are so full of shit
murder-victims-in-the-us-by-weapon-used.jpg
I did not say they did not kill. I said they are NOT designed to kill, as witnessed by over 100 million guns that have never killed a single human being.

to legally drive a car:
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
personal property paid
license plates
speed limits

more ridiculousness

A gun is designed to fire a projectile.
Whether the projectile kills or not is dependent on the shooter.

to legally drive a car:
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
personal property paid
license plates
speed limits

more ridiculousness
It is completely relevant
There is no valid comparison between a right and a privilege

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

to legally drive a car:
written test
driving test
eye test
insurance
personal property paid
license plates
speed limits

more ridiculousness

A gun is designed to fire a projectile.
Whether the projectile kills or not is dependent on the shooter.
guns are designed to kill --period --now that you try to argue it, it shows you are full of shit
there is NO arguing it--designed to kill
not to shoot paper targets/etc
that's why the military has guns--to kill
that's what they killed deer/etc with in 1776

Forum List

Back